Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,810 members, 7,817,352 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Abdulrasheed Bawa Threatens To Resign If Asked To Compromise - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abdulrasheed Bawa Threatens To Resign If Asked To Compromise (27882 Views)

Keyamo: I Will Quit Tinubu’s Campaign If Asked Not To Pursue Atiku’s Case / Military Under Pressure To Compromise 2023 Elections —CDS / 774,000 Recruitment: Keyamo Threatens To Resign If Politicians Hijack Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abdulrasheed Bawa Threatens To Resign If Asked To Compromise by valentineuwakwe(m): 12:25am On Mar 28, 2021
The Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Abdulrasheed Bawa, has threatened to resign from the position, if he is asked to compromise.

Bawa said this when he featured in a NTA interview programme One-on-One on Friday.

His words were posted in a statement on the EFCC’s official Twitter handle.

“We need to change our attitudes in Nigeria,” Bawa was quoted to have said.

“We are in the habit of worshipping people that have money in the society, but never bother to ask questions about their source of income. In winning the fight against corruption, we are engaging all stakeholders including religious leaders, community leaders and others.

“We are going to embark on massive public enlightenment to sensitise people on the need to shun corruption in all its forms.”

The EFCC boss continued, “I will continue to do what is right.

“The Commission under my watch will continue to abide by the rule of law. If anybody asks me to do anything contrary to my conscience or against the rule of law, I will resign my appointment.”

Bawa officially assumed duty as the head of the anti-graft agency earlier this month.

He replaces Ibrahim Magu, following his nomination by President Muhammadu Buhari to the Senate, which confirmed him.
https://dailypost.ng/2021/03/27/efcc-boss-bawa-threatens-to-resign/

11 Likes

Re: Abdulrasheed Bawa Threatens To Resign If Asked To Compromise by SarkinYarki: 12:25am On Mar 28, 2021
He should cool down

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Abdulrasheed Bawa Threatens To Resign If Asked To Compromise by jlinkd78(m): 12:27am On Mar 28, 2021
Noted

7 Likes

Re: Abdulrasheed Bawa Threatens To Resign If Asked To Compromise by Nobody: 12:43am On Mar 28, 2021
IPOB effect, they always run away after doing initial gragra

Kanu and ojukwu are good example

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulrasheed Bawa Threatens To Resign If Asked To Compromise by Validated: 1:12am On Mar 28, 2021
Until big time thieving billionaires are jailed and their assets confiscated whether from North or South, EFCC remains a tool to supress opposition.
Thieves like Ganduje Yahya Bello, Fashola, Tinubu, Atiku Orji Kalu, Oshomole, Amaechi etc should be in jail today, if Nigeria is a serious country.

140 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Abdulrasheed Bawa Threatens To Resign If Asked To Compromise by majole: 1:23am On Mar 28, 2021
Validated:
Until big time thieving billionaires are jailed and their assets confiscated whether from North or South, EFCC remains a tool to supress opposition.
Thieves like Ganduje Yahya Bello, Fashola, Tinubu, Atiku Orji Kalu, Oshomole, Amaechi etc should be in jail today, if Nigeria is a serious country.
From your post only APC members & Atiku are Corrupt. It's not an accident that almost all those you mentioned are in APC. Lets get ride of Looters irrespective of Party/Region & Religion

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulrasheed Bawa Threatens To Resign If Asked To Compromise by mbaboy(m): 1:43am On Mar 28, 2021
Validated:
you have not named Buhari the terrorist

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abdulrasheed Bawa Threatens To Resign If Asked To Compromise by Agbegbaorogboye: 1:49am On Mar 28, 2021
SuperBold:

See. There's no sense at all in what you've written here o.
Before day will break and everyone will witness this foolishness, I suggest you edit it.

86 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Abdulrasheed Bawa Threatens To Resign If Asked To Compromise by Bluntguy: 2:51am On Mar 28, 2021
SuperBold:

Foolishness on display.

59 Likes

Re: Abdulrasheed Bawa Threatens To Resign If Asked To Compromise by Penguin2: 2:59am On Mar 28, 2021
Resign bawo undecided

Make I hear Malami tell am who to pull down if he won't go after the person.

All this trash he is saying is cosmetic integrity for the gram.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulrasheed Bawa Threatens To Resign If Asked To Compromise by Polyglot7pointO: 3:03am On Mar 28, 2021
valentineuwakwe:
The Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Abdulrasheed Bawa, has threatened to resign from the position, if he is asked to compromise.

Bawa said this when he featured in a NTA interview programme One-on-One on Friday.

His words were posted in a statement on the EFCC’s official Twitter handle.

“We need to change our attitudes in Nigeria,” Bawa was quoted to have said.

“We are in the habit of worshipping people that have money in the society, but never bother to ask questions about their source of income. In winning the fight against corruption, we are engaging all stakeholders including religious leaders, community leaders and others.

“We are going to embark on massive public enlightenment to sensitise people on the need to shun corruption in all its forms.”

The EFCC boss continued, “I will continue to do what is right.

“The Commission under my watch will continue to abide by the rule of law. If anybody asks me to do anything contrary to my conscience or against the rule of law, I will resign my appointment.”

Bawa officially assumed duty as the head of the anti-graft agency earlier this month.

He replaces Ibrahim Magu, following his nomination by President Muhammadu Buhari to the Senate, which confirmed him.

source: https://dailypost.ng/2021/03/27/efcc-boss-bawa-threatens-to-resign/
lol
Re: Abdulrasheed Bawa Threatens To Resign If Asked To Compromise by optionalY09: 3:41am On Mar 28, 2021
let him resign he’s not qualified he doesn’t even know what he’s doing running after young people with laptops in Ogun States when people are moving billion of dollars in abuja.

you are not qualified mr man

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abdulrasheed Bawa Threatens To Resign If Asked To Compromise by Yankee101: 4:05am On Mar 28, 2021
Dem dey line up for your job

If only you didn't have an oil tanker scandal and Malami didn't nominate you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulrasheed Bawa Threatens To Resign If Asked To Compromise by Luther0luther: 4:08am On Mar 28, 2021
Re: Abdulrasheed Bawa Threatens To Resign If Asked To Compromise by mamaafrik(m): 4:35am On Mar 28, 2021
Resign,we need a Southerner there,like Dora

1 Like

Re: Abdulrasheed Bawa Threatens To Resign If Asked To Compromise by Otaiky(m): 4:48am On Mar 28, 2021
Ohoke

1 Like

Re: Abdulrasheed Bawa Threatens To Resign If Asked To Compromise by Immorttal: 4:50am On Mar 28, 2021
From the look of things, this boy appears like a thickskin who cannot easily be bought, BUT..... Time will reveal who he is and the cabals he's working for. No be naija again cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulrasheed Bawa Threatens To Resign If Asked To Compromise by Freelancer2020(m): 4:53am On Mar 28, 2021
it is only God that can deliver Nigeria, if you listen to this one now, you will think he's clean and not corrupt, if they investigate him now and you see the skeleton in his cupboard

maybe you will realize why we are not moving as a country.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulrasheed Bawa Threatens To Resign If Asked To Compromise by Oluolad86(f): 4:58am On Mar 28, 2021
cry cry cry cry cry Please help me with free treatment with a cardiologist ( pericarditis with swollen legs) kindly confirm my case, I'm in Ibadan for any confirmation please
Re: Abdulrasheed Bawa Threatens To Resign If Asked To Compromise by MondayOsunbor(m): 5:01am On Mar 28, 2021
Re: Abdulrasheed Bawa Threatens To Resign If Asked To Compromise by dakom92(m): 5:02am On Mar 28, 2021
IGG
Re: Abdulrasheed Bawa Threatens To Resign If Asked To Compromise by TallPck1(m): 5:02am On Mar 28, 2021
Until you start jailing all the corrupt politicians in respect of party or tribe then I know you can't be bought.

but ever since you resumed office, your boys have been chasing the petty thieves with laptops and dreadlocks and left the bigger thieves when have mansions and accounts offshore.

please man up Bawa. hope this is not the initial gra gra.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abdulrasheed Bawa Threatens To Resign If Asked To Compromise by toprealman: 5:02am On Mar 28, 2021
Oga start showing working, enough of this shambolic empty talk.

Tinubu, all Buhari"s relations, All former political holders.
Re: Abdulrasheed Bawa Threatens To Resign If Asked To Compromise by Olunmercy56(f): 5:10am On Mar 28, 2021
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Abdulrasheed Bawa Threatens To Resign If Asked To Compromise by eedimo(m): 5:11am On Mar 28, 2021
lol
Him hear am from JAMB registrar.
Re: Abdulrasheed Bawa Threatens To Resign If Asked To Compromise by ogwumgbe: 5:14am On Mar 28, 2021
optionalY09:
let him resign he’s not qualified he doesn’t even know what is doing running after young people with laptops in Ogun. states when people are moving billion of dollars in abuja.

Good quote bro, He should start from Politicians before we take him serious
Re: Abdulrasheed Bawa Threatens To Resign If Asked To Compromise by Nobody: 5:14am On Mar 28, 2021
optionalY09:
let him resign he’s not qualified he doesn’t even know what is doing running after young people with laptops in Ogun. states when people are moving billion of dollars in abuja.

So the ones with laptops are not thieves aswell?... because he arrests thieves makes him not qualified?...

Are you sure you are not amongst these thieves sef, with the way you are defending them?.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulrasheed Bawa Threatens To Resign If Asked To Compromise by daddytime(m): 5:17am On Mar 28, 2021
This is one fight every Nigerian will love to see take a "top-bottom" approach.
Re: Abdulrasheed Bawa Threatens To Resign If Asked To Compromise by gfon(m): 5:22am On Mar 28, 2021
You keep going after yahoo boys and leave the so called politician alone,That's compromise already.Truth is these boys spend this monies and the economy benefits in one way or the other,but our politicians hoards this monies or starsh it in foreign accounts.Am not supporting yahoo though,just speaking plain facts.

3 Likes

Re: Abdulrasheed Bawa Threatens To Resign If Asked To Compromise by nastyesco(m): 5:22am On Mar 28, 2021
Who cares, those who occupied the position prior to him said more..

My bae don follow Okada man go because I still dey find job...wakanda nonsense is this

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Amends Charge Against Kanu, Lists His Lawyers As accomplices / PDP To Sanction Fani-kayode / Boko Haram: Army Arrest Two Officers For Sabotage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.