Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,130 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Dear Catholics, If Anyone Accuses You Of Worshipping Idols Show Them These - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dear Catholics, If Anyone Accuses You Of Worshipping Idols Show Them These (3944 Views)

Dear Catholics, Do You Know For Sure You Are Going To Heaven? / Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols / "My Grandpa Who Worshipped Idols For 47 Years Converts To Christianity" - Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Catholics, If Anyone Accuses You Of Worshipping Idols Show Them These by blazepascal(m): 5:45am On Mar 28, 2021
Catholics have been accused of idol worshipping throughout history. This is because statues of Mother Mary and other saints are often seen in Catholic churches, where the majority of people kneel to pray.

Many that are unfamiliar with these traditions often confuse them for idol worship.

However, in this post, I will explain why Catholics always pray to Mary and other so-called gods.

Is Mary really revered by Catholics?

In John's second chapter, verses 1-11,

At a wedding in Cana, Jesus and Mary were there, and Mary told Jesus when the wine had run out.

Women, my time has not yet come; you must not tell me what to do," Jesus responded. Mary then ordered the servants to do as Jesus instructed. To cut a long story short, Jesus converted water into wine, which was his first known miracle (note that he had no intention of offering wine for the couples; it was Mother Mary's presence that convinced him).

It is for this cause that Catholics revere Mary; they pray to her for assistance from her son, just as she convinced him at the wedding.

Have you ever wanted anything so desperately that you begged your father for it and he scolded you, then you went through your mother and your father miraculously accepted your request? In the Bible, Mary's position is defined as such.

Is it real that Catholics worship idols?

The following is a bible verse in which God uses a statue as a reference point.

"
But the people were so impatient 5 along the way that they complained to God and asked Moses, "Did you carry us out of Egypt only to make us die in the desert?" There's no water out here, and we can't take any more of this filthy food!”

6 The Lord then sent poisonous snakes, which bit and killed a large number of them.

7 “It was unfair of us to ridicule you and the Lord,” a few of the people confessed to Moses. Now, please remind him to get rid of these snakes.
Make a bronze snake and set it on top of a pole,” the Lord said in response to Moses' prayer. Anyone who is attacked by a snake will look at it without dying.”

9 Moses listened to the Lord and did what he was told. And if they had been attacked by poisonous snakes, all of those who looked at the bronze snake survived.

Should you call the snake an idol now?

The snake was seen as a metaphor, and anybody who believed in him was told that if they looked at the snake, they would be cured.

The aim of the statues is to remind us of Jesus' sufferings. Just like looking at a snapshot of one's mother makes one remember her, so do statues of Jesus on the cross and others help us remember him.

3 Likes

Re: Dear Catholics, If Anyone Accuses You Of Worshipping Idols Show Them These by Kobojunkie: 5:54am On Mar 28, 2021
blazepascal:

Catholics have been accused of idol worshipping throughout history. This is because statues of Mother Mary and other saints are often seen in Catholic churches, where the majority of people kneel to pray.

Many that are unfamiliar with these traditions often confuse them for idol worship.

However, in this post, I will explain why Catholics always pray to Mary and other so-called gods.

At a wedding in Cana, Jesus and Mary were there, and Mary told Jesus when the wine had run out.

Women, my time has not yet come; you must not tell me what to do," Jesus responded. Mary then ordered the servants to do as Jesus instructed. To cut a long story short, Jesus converted water into wine, which was his first known miracle (note that he had no intention of offering wine for the couples; it was Mother Mary's presence that convinced him).

It is for this cause that Catholics revere Mary; they pray to her for assistance from her son, just as she convinced him at the wedding.
This is what the same Jesus Christ said when told His mother and brothers were wanting to see Him.

Matthew 12 vs 46-50 (ERV)

46. While Jesus was talking to the people, his mother and brothers stood outside. They wanted to talk to him.
47. waiting for you outside. They want to talk to you.”
48. Someone told him, “Your mother and brothers are [b]Jesus answered, “Who is my mother? Who are my brothers?”
49. Then he pointed to his followers and said, “See! These people are my mother and my brothers.
50. Yes, anyone who does what my Father in heaven wants is my true brother and sister and mother.”

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dear Catholics, If Anyone Accuses You Of Worshipping Idols Show Them These by Oxb90: 6:01am On Mar 28, 2021
N
Re: Dear Catholics, If Anyone Accuses You Of Worshipping Idols Show Them These by Trueigbo: 6:24am On Mar 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
This is what the same Jesus Christ said when told His mother and brothers were wanting to see Him.

In essence Jesus was telling us to disrespect our mothers

2 Likes

Re: Dear Catholics, If Anyone Accuses You Of Worshipping Idols Show Them These by LeeSantos(m): 6:26am On Mar 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Gbam, you have said it all.

some doctrine weak me.
Re: Dear Catholics, If Anyone Accuses You Of Worshipping Idols Show Them These by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:29am On Mar 28, 2021
Anything to justify the continual worshipping of an idol dressed in Mary's image.

May God deliver you all from the spirit of idolatry. Amen!

13 Likes

Re: Dear Catholics, If Anyone Accuses You Of Worshipping Idols Show Them These by LeeSantos(m): 6:34am On Mar 28, 2021
Trueigbo:

you are misquoting the op. what he meant is you can go to Jesus through the mother. The verse he quoted. means that not one person is his mother, brother or father, but evryone is

JOHN 14:6
New Living Translation
Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.
John 14:7-13
[7]If you had known Me [had learned to recognize Me], you would also have known My Father. From now on, you know Him and have seen Him.

[8]Philip said to Him, Lord, show us the Father [cause us to see the Father–that is all we ask]; then we shall be satisfied.

[9]Jesus replied, Have I been with all of you for so long a time, and do you not recognize and know Me yet, Philip? Anyone who has seen Me has seen the Father. How can you say then, Show us the Father?

[10]Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in Me? What I am telling you I do not say on My own authority and of My own accord; but the Father Who lives continually in Me does the (His) works (His own miracles, deeds of power).

[11]Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me; or else believe Me for the sake of the [very] works themselves. [If you cannot trust Me, at least let these works that I do in My Father's name convince you.]

[12]I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, if anyone steadfastly believes in Me, he will himself be able to do the things that I do; and he will do even greater things than these, because I go to the Father.

[13]And I will do [I Myself will grant] whatever you ask in My Name [as presenting all that I AM], so that the Father may be glorified and extolled in (through) the Son. [Exod. 3:14.]

the last verse say I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the father may be glorified in the son. Noted he never said whatever you ask in my mother's name or brother's name.

So where did you guys find where Christ himself said "come through my mother Mary or father Joseph?"

I am not condemning any doctrine, but correcting what the op said about asking through the mother of Jesus. it was never written,those were just theory of man.

it just like some Christian say "If there's is a man to pray, there is a God to answer." it sounds nice to the ears right? that because it strengthens some persons faith to pray. that quote can never be found in the holy scripture. So there are tonnes of man made theories and doctrine that has been passed down from generation to generation as we have now come to accept it as a norm

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Catholics, If Anyone Accuses You Of Worshipping Idols Show Them These by Kobojunkie: 6:37am On Mar 28, 2021
Trueigbo:

Well, He already told you that if you want to become worthy of Him, you have to hate your father, mother, brothers, wife, children, husband,etc. meaning you have to choose to no longer live for them but for Him. So your idea of "respect" and "disrespect" of these people mean nothing as far as the Kingdom of God is concerned. undecided

As far as the Kingdom of God, your biological family does not matter. Instead those who become your family are instead those who are of the family of God- the people who do the will of God. undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Catholics, If Anyone Accuses You Of Worshipping Idols Show Them These by Anigreat: 6:37am On Mar 28, 2021
shocked

I am not a Catholic, but i will the last to talk nonsense against the denomination. Over the years, the Catholic Church has passed through alot, but still they're unshakable and no other church has been able to beat his population, popularity and the respect it garnered through out the world. That alone speaks volume about the church.

If you see them as those who worshipped idols, allow them to go on, from ages to ages, this is what they have been using to pray and it works for them, so why pain and hatred.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Catholics, If Anyone Accuses You Of Worshipping Idols Show Them These by AntiChristian: 7:02am On Mar 28, 2021
Actually I have attended catholic masses before and i can say they are idolators.

They genuflect/bow to graven images of Mary and Jesus. Even calling Mary "mother of God" dey vex me die in their hail Mary chant.

Anyone who worships/pray to graven images believing it can help him/her or intercede for him/her with God is an idolator.

And they have so many dead saints they ask to pray for them.

Saint ignatius of Loyola....pray for us.
Saint so so of so......pray for us.

Dead people are dead. If they have powers they would have prevented their own death.

Mary can't answer your prayers. She is dead.
Pray to the creator not the created.

God is far above being killed by death.
No slumber catches Him nor is He ever fatigued.

5 Likes

Re: Dear Catholics, If Anyone Accuses You Of Worshipping Idols Show Them These by Vulcanheph(m): 7:03am On Mar 28, 2021
First of all, apart from the Bible there is no other proof that verifies the authenticity of Jesus.... secondly if Jesus existed he won't look like the picture I posted below... there are a lot of things about Christianity that the Vatican hasn't told us and the white man has used religion as a tool to dominate and control us.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Catholics, If Anyone Accuses You Of Worshipping Idols Show Them These by KEYSERSOZE(m): 8:09am On Mar 28, 2021
Apart from the Bible, the Qur'an also makes mention of JESUS.

"In Islam, ʿĪsā ibn Maryam (Arabic: عِيسَى ٱبْنُ مَرْيَمَ‎, lit. 'Jesus, son of Mary'), or Jesus, is the penultimate prophet and messenger of God (Allah) and the Messiah, who was sent to guide the Children of Israel with a new revelation: Injīl (Arabic for "gospel"wink.[1][2]"

"As in the Christian New Testament, the Quran (the central religious text of Islam) describes Jesus as the Messiah (al-Masih in Arabic), born of a virgin, performing miracles, accompanied by disciples, rejected by the Jewish establishment, and being raised to heaven.[3]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_in_Islam

Vulcanheph:
First of all, apart from the Bible there is no other proof that verifies the authenticity of Jesus.... secondly if Jesus existed he won't look like the picture I posted below... there are a lot of things about Christianity that the Vatican hasn't told us and the white man has used religion as a tool to dominate and control us.
Re: Dear Catholics, If Anyone Accuses You Of Worshipping Idols Show Them These by tonymyke4life(m): 9:15am On Mar 28, 2021
It is shocking how a person wud love the son and despise d mum. Can there ever b a son without a mum? U can never claim to like/love me and hate my mum. E no possible. Moreover, from the Op's analogy, I agree wit him because it was through Mary's intercession that he performed his first miracle. Cos they knew if Mary asks on their behalf he would do it even when it wasn't time for him to do it. So what is the farse all about. Pls. Do not force ur doctrine on anyone else. Who told you that your denomination is the best and true one. Some people were born a Muslim and converted to Christianity and vise versa. We only hope to do what pleases God. To worship and serve him in spirit and in truth, however way u do that doesn't matter, just be right by God. Religious differences has been the greatest problems in the world. Why do you fight for Christ when you can't even fight yourself.

If you say Catholics are idolaters, as long as they didnt step in your way, mind your business. Worship your God in your own way and let other's do the same. Dont b religiously drunk. It has caused hatred in the past. Even Jesus summarized everything by saying we should love God and our neighbours with our hearts. That's Golden.
If a Catholic gives u a contract worth millions of nairas, won't u collect. We are all hypocrites thinking we can fight for God. Happy Sunday

2 Likes

Re: Dear Catholics, If Anyone Accuses You Of Worshipping Idols Show Them These by Vulcanheph(m): 9:18am On Mar 28, 2021
KEYSERSOZE:
Apart from the Bible, the Qur'an also makes mention of JESUS.

"In Islam, ʿĪsā ibn Maryam (Arabic: عِيسَى ٱبْنُ مَرْيَمَ‎, lit. 'Jesus, son of Mary'), or Jesus, is the penultimate prophet and messenger of God (Allah) and the Messiah, who was sent to guide the Children of Israel with a new revelation: Injīl (Arabic for "gospel"wink.[1][2]"

"As in the Christian New Testament, the Quran (the central religious text of Islam) describes Jesus as the Messiah (al-Masih in Arabic), born of a virgin, performing miracles, accompanied by disciples, rejected by the Jewish establishment, and being raised to heaven.[3]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_in_Islam

I'm not talking about any Bible ,quran or any other religious texts not based on facts and evidence...... I mean historical/archeological facts, records, manuscripts etc that have nothing connected to religion as a whole.
Re: Dear Catholics, If Anyone Accuses You Of Worshipping Idols Show Them These by UncleSnr(m): 11:01am On Mar 28, 2021
All of una dey confused, yet na the same Bible una say una dey follow. Abeg, make una choose one stand.
Re: Dear Catholics, If Anyone Accuses You Of Worshipping Idols Show Them These by oranget(m): 12:32pm On Mar 28, 2021
blazepascal:

Have you ever wanted anything so desperately that you begged your father for it and he scolded you, then you went through your mother and your father miraculously accepted your request? In the Bible, Mary's position is defined as such.

Is it real that Catholics worship idols?

The following is a bible verse in which God uses a statue as a reference point.

"
But the people were so impatient 5 along the way that they complained to God and asked Moses, "Did you carry us out of Egypt only to make us die in the desert?" There's no water out here, and we can't take any more of this filthy food!”

6 The Lord then sent poisonous snakes, which bit and killed a large number of them.

7 “It was unfair of us to ridicule you and the Lord,” a few of the people confessed to Moses. Now, please remind him to get rid of these snakes.
Make a bronze snake and set it on top of a pole,” the Lord said in response to Moses' prayer. Anyone who is attacked by a snake will look at it without dying.”

9 Moses listened to the Lord and did what he was told. And if they had been attacked by poisonous snakes, all of those who looked at the bronze snake survived.

Should you call the snake an idol now?

The snake was seen as a metaphor, and anybody who believed in him was told that if they looked at the snake, they would be cured.

The aim of the statues is to remind us of Jesus' sufferings. Just like looking at a snapshot of one's mother makes one remember her, so do statues of Jesus on the cross and others help us remember him.

“For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.” 1 Timothy 2:5-6

The scripture above explains the reason why you should not pray to any saint or mother. Only Christ is the mediator between God and men.
Moreover, you cannot use the story of what happen when both Jesus and the Mother Mary were still in the flesh to compare now that the work of salvation is completed and we are expected to come boldly to the throne of grace according to Hebrews 4:16
Re: Dear Catholics, If Anyone Accuses You Of Worshipping Idols Show Them These by farem: 1:18pm On Mar 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:

God bless you. That's a good knockout for a deluded idolater.

. Exodus 20:3-4 (KJV) Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:

1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
Re: Dear Catholics, If Anyone Accuses You Of Worshipping Idols Show Them These by Shuzzi(m): 1:26pm On Mar 28, 2021
They claim we worship Idols but I have seen mainly protesters who paste stickers and pictures of their pastors almost everywhere in their cars, doors, houses, offices etc.

Aren't you indirectly worshipping them?

They can say all they want we don't care...

Proud Catholic 'Idol Worshipper' undecided
Re: Dear Catholics, If Anyone Accuses You Of Worshipping Idols Show Them These by TonyBankz(m): 1:29pm On Mar 28, 2021
My brother I was once a Catholic and I say to you the Catholic doctrine is of roman ideas of the way which they chose to worship God and of which God doesn't support for he said in his commandments "Thou shall not make any image of anything in heaven on earth and Thou shall worship anything accept God himself for he is jealous"
For whoever believes in God, does his will and keep his commandments shall have Eternal life.
Why and What are you asking mother Mary for in prayer when jesus already said to you "I am the way, the truth and the Life and no one cometh to the father except through me (Jesus christ)" Did he say you can come to the father through Mary, he said through him and him alone (Jesus).
Why and What are you kneeling down to statues of images that are not of the most high begging and praying to images made my man.. Haven't jesus christ taught how to pray To the father in scriptures.The Lords prayer should be elaborated and not recited.
The ways of God are not the same as the ways of man and the Catholic doctrine is not the ways of God.
Pray to God in the name of his only son jesus christ and ask for the holy spirit to lead and direct you for salvation is for all man.
Be blessed brother and don't be decieve for God loves you
Re: Dear Catholics, If Anyone Accuses You Of Worshipping Idols Show Them These by Kobojunkie: 4:14pm On Mar 28, 2021
Shuzzi:
They claim we worship Idols but I have seen mainly protesters who paste stickers and pictures of their pastors almost everywhere in their cars, doors, houses, offices etc.

Aren't you indirectly worshipping them?
They can say all they want we don't care...
Proud Catholic 'Idol Worshipper' undecided
You are right! Idolatry is not unique to Catholism as even its protestant offshoot seems to be filled with it's own form of idol worship, all of them against the commandments of God.
Re: Dear Catholics, If Anyone Accuses You Of Worshipping Idols Show Them These by Faber(m): 5:17pm On Mar 28, 2021
Anigreat:
shocked

I am not a Catholic, but i will the last to talk nonsense against the denomination. Over the years, the Catholic Church has passed through alot, but still they're unshakable and no other church has been able to beat his population, popularity and the respect it garnered through out the world. That alone speaks volume about the church.

If you see them as those who worshipped idols, allow them to go on, from ages to ages, this is what they have been using to pray and it works for them, so why pain and hatred.

My man. I was claiming that Catholic Church was the best Church until I met the Mormons. Oga Catholic Church no reach Mormon in terms of Organized structure, Net Worth( Mormon is the richest church on Earth)and Missionary work. True religion is in the hands of the Mormons. Roman Catholic Church is political Church. The true Catholics are the Eastern Orthodox. I believe and respect them more than The Roman Catholic Church.

Proudly Mormon
Re: Dear Catholics, If Anyone Accuses You Of Worshipping Idols Show Them These by haddeylium(m): 5:36pm On Mar 28, 2021
Faber:

My man. I was claiming that Catholic Church was the best Church until I met the Mormons. Oga Catholic Church no reach Mormon in terms of Organized structure, Net Worth( Mormon is the richest church on Earth)and Missionary work. True religion is in the hands of the Mormons. Roman Catholic Church is political Church. The true Catholics are the Eastern Orthodox. I believe and respect them more than The Roman Catholic Church.

Proudly Mormon

Pleaseeeee wink
I've longing to speak to Mormon before tho I don't wish it's on a thread like this
So, you mean Mormon is a true religion cos' they are richer?
Do they have local branches here in Nigeria?
Re: Dear Catholics, If Anyone Accuses You Of Worshipping Idols Show Them These by Faber(m): 6:49pm On Mar 28, 2021
haddeylium:

Pleaseeeee wink
I've longing to speak to Mormon before tho I don't wish it's on a thread like this
So, you mean Mormon is a true religion cos' they are richer?
Do they have local branches here in Nigeria?

Mormon built their 3rd Temple in Africa in Aba, Abia State. The Aba Nigerian Temple. Located in the center of Aba. Another Temple have been announced for Lagos. Another is also announced to be built in Benin City. Mormon local Churches are all over the South.

Mormon is a true religion not because they are the richest, we worship only the true God and his son Jesus Christ. We belive in the ancient organization of the true church...Prophets, priests, Temple. We are the only Church that build Temples all over the world. Our Temples are not open to everyone. Only worthy members with valid recommend can enter the temple. We don't canonize people as saints when they die, like Catholic Church does...we belive we are all Saints and candidates to heaven. That's why we are called..."The Church of Jesus Christ of latter day Saints" we are saints already. We are heaven bound. We read the Holy Bible a rightfully translated one and other scriptures. We baptize, confirm, ordain and commission priests. We belive in the words of wisdom... namely; we don't take alchohol, cigarettes, tobacco and other harmful substances. We believe that Zion, the new Jerusalem will be built on the American Continent. We don't worship anybody(Daddy GO, Pope or Patriach) we don't mould images or hang any one in our houses. We believe that the Book of Mormon...one of our scriptures is true. Our missionaries are all over the world.

We are the richest because we beileve in tithing and investments to sustain the church and the members. We don't collect offerings on Sundays...only tithe and fast offerings once a month. Which is not mandatory...only for working Mormons.

We have investments worth billions of dollars in US, UK, Canada and Australia, Brazil, Ghana etc. These investments help us to cather for our members who are in need and also to run and sustain the church.

Our current prophet and head of the church is President Russel M. Nelson. Our headquarters is the Salt Lake Temple, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA. We have 230 Temples all over the world...either announced, Operating, under construction or under renovations...168 are currently open while 8 are closed for renovations...the rest are under construction or recently announced.

Proudly Mormon

Re: Dear Catholics, If Anyone Accuses You Of Worshipping Idols Show Them These by xproducer: 7:22pm On Mar 28, 2021
Fact... the only Holy One to Whom we should pray is GOD Himself, only in the name of The Lord JESUS, The CHRIST! (Hebrews 4:15-16)

"For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus" - 1 Timothy 2:5

Just like the guidance the Lord JESUS provides in "Matthew 12 vs 46-50" regarding what our focus should really be on, The Lord says in Luke 11:27-28

"And it happened, as He spoke these things, that a certain woman from the crowd raised her voice and said to Him, “Blessed is the womb that bore You, and the breasts which nursed You!” But He said, “More than that, blessed are those who hear the word of God and keep it!
Re: Dear Catholics, If Anyone Accuses You Of Worshipping Idols Show Them These by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 9:29pm On Mar 28, 2021
I told one guy to allow me worship my idol I peace. Since he is assistant Jesus or the person that gave Moses the law, he should continue worshipping wherever he wants to worship.
It's only those who don't understand the difference between honor and worship that say that. But they will worship their pastor's wife, their village chairman and even fight here because of some wicked politicians that add nothing to their being.
If they want to insult, they should first start by insulting Angel Gabriel for gist honoring Mary.
Or they should insult God for even allowing the Mary a bare woman to carry Jesus.
Re: Dear Catholics, If Anyone Accuses You Of Worshipping Idols Show Them These by Kobojunkie: 9:35pm On Mar 28, 2021
MISSCONGENIALITY:
I told one guy to allow me worship my idol I peace. Since he is assistant Jesus or the person that gave Moses the law, he should continue worshipping wherever he wants to worship.
It's only those who don't understand the difference between honor and worship that say that. But they will worship their pastor's wife, their village chairman and even fight here because of some wicked politicians that add nothing to their being.
If they want to insult, they should first start by insulting Angel Gabriel for gist honoring Mary.
Or they should insult God for even allowing the Mary a bare woman to carry Jesus.
Honor and Worship are what God Himself called you to do to Him and Nowhere in your doing any of that are you called to worship any idol, be it Mary, Pastor's wife, Village Chairman, Politicians or even money.

Jesus Christ told you that you cannot have two Masters over you. He didn't ask you to honor any man, not even your mother and father, brothers or sisters... In fact, Jesus Christ made it clear that in order to follow Him you have to abandon them in order to become worthy of Him.

Matthew 10 vs 34-39
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
34. “Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace. I came to bring trouble.[h]
35. I have come to make this happen:
‘A son will turn against his father.
A daughter will turn against her mother.
A daughter-in-law will turn against her mother-in-law.
36. Even members of your own family will be your enemies.’
37. “Those who love their father or mother more than they love me are not worthy of me. And those who love their son or daughter more than they love me are not worthy of me.
Re: Dear Catholics, If Anyone Accuses You Of Worshipping Idols Show Them These by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 9:42pm On Mar 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Honor and Worship are what God Himself called you to do to Him and Nowhere in your doing any of that are you called to worship any idol, be it Mary, Pastor's wife, Village Chairman, Politicians or even money.

Jesus Christ told you that you cannot have two Masters over you. He didn't ask you to honor any man, not even your mother and father, brothers or sisters... In fact, Jesus Christ made it clear that in order to follow Him you have to abandon them in order to become worthy of Him.

Shabi na your honor and worship?
Allow me go to hell in peace. I don't know what you think of God but I know that the God I serve will never punish me for honoring Mary, neither will the Jesus I know do so.
I'd honoring Mary is the only sin o commit, God, give me the grave to commit this sin more and More
Re: Dear Catholics, If Anyone Accuses You Of Worshipping Idols Show Them These by KaideeGee(m): 9:43pm On Mar 28, 2021
With all due respect to your point of view, I believe you are wrong, I may not be good with words but I feel I have to stand up for what I feel is the truth.
The illustration you gave concerning the serpent statue Moses erected was a unique situation. The Israelites disobeyed God and got him angry, But due to Moses' pleading God reluctantly decided to forgive them, hence the special statue.
Every other record in the Bible regarding statues (excluding the mercy seat) connotes to idols and idol worship. And there is no law, written or implied that commands the worship of statues, they are crafted by humans and are hence susceptible to corruption.
Jesus said he is the fulfillment of the law and the prophets, He is the personification of the Godhead bodily. The Bible says Jesus is the way, the truth and the life, no man cometh unto the father but by him. This pretty much sums the argument. The Bible says "Those that worship the father must worship him in SPIRIT and in truth. There is no other bridge to God except Jesus.
Re: Dear Catholics, If Anyone Accuses You Of Worshipping Idols Show Them These by Kobojunkie: 10:07pm On Mar 28, 2021
MISSCONGENIALITY:
Allow me go to hell in peace. I don't know what you think of God but I know that the God I serve will never punish me for honoring Mary, neither will the Jesus I know do so.
I'd honoring Mary is the only sin o commit, God, give me the grave to commit this sin more and More
I respect your choice to worship as you choose, and go where you want. Just that when God is mentioned, the God of the Bible, I think it is best we get the Truth resolved as far as what He indeed commanded, vs the doctrines and traditions of men you instead choose to subscribe to. undecided
Re: Dear Catholics, If Anyone Accuses You Of Worshipping Idols Show Them These by Pious101: 10:14pm On Mar 28, 2021
Go n study ur Bible and leave us in peace. Something that is so clear ona won bring ona own doctrine because of what Mary did. Was there ever a time Jesus mandated u to pray in d name of Mary? Why should u pass through Mary when u have full access to Jesus ? Ona funny sha
Re: Dear Catholics, If Anyone Accuses You Of Worshipping Idols Show Them These by labelle123(f): 10:26pm On Mar 28, 2021
MISSCONGENIALITY:
. Don't mind them. They will hung their pastors images on their necks yet criticize us, we don't even do that for the priest but instead ours is the rosary which Jesus is there. Yeye dey smell
Re: Dear Catholics, If Anyone Accuses You Of Worshipping Idols Show Them These by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 10:43pm On Mar 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I respect your choice to worship as you choose, and go where you want. Just that when God is mentioned, the God of the Bible, I think it is best we get the Truth resolved as far as what He indeed commanded, vs the doctrines and traditions of men you instead choose to subscribe to. undecided
When it comes to the things of God, no man, I mean know man knows God in His entirety. We are finite beings and no finite brand can be said to know everything about an infinite being.
If you know everything about God, then where is the Godness or the mystery in God?
We humans talk and judge others as if we are the one who decide for God what is law and what is not law. Gos who said honor your mother and your father will now turn again and say we should not honor Mary because she's not our mother?
When Christian criticise other christians for something as simple as this, something that should not be a problem to a fellow christian provided you are not forced to do it, what then should none christians say? So you think everything about God was written in the bible?

(1) (2) (Reply)

It Is Time For The Lord's Evening Meal... Should I Partake Or Not / . / Help! Need A Powerful Christian Worship Songs List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.