Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,739 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:16 PM

. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / . (3916 Views)

Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? / Sunday Morning Sex As Couple Before Going To Church. Is It A Sin? / Is It A Sin For A Christian To Fight Back As A Self Defense? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by savesoulmejjj: 6:06pm On May 09, 2022
Re: . by Vincyman: 6:15pm On May 09, 2022
God created man not to kill himself
Re: . by Jashub: 6:19pm On May 09, 2022
My brother, it is fundamentally believed that human life belongs to God which is why most religions condemn the act of suicide.

Now comes the question :why would you want to take the life you did not create? And why would you want to bring sorrow to your aging mother whose only hope is in you being alive and around her ?

Please reconsider, and if possible seek mental help

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 6:19pm On May 09, 2022
U didn't create any life so u have no right to take life. Life belongs to God and He alone determines when and when not life should go
Re: . by inforesource: 6:22pm On May 09, 2022
1. The life you are living is not yours.

2. The option of taking your life when things go from bad to worse is a proof that there is an aspect of mental strength and toughness you have not attained. Therefore exposing that part of weakness.

3. You were created for others. There are many destinies that will suffer or that will never see the light of the day if you fail in life. So, look up to Jesus and cry out to him for help. He is by your side.

4. Death is not the earth of life, it is the end of a phase ushering you into the real life.

5. Death is not an option because your creator believes in you. HE knows you can overcome. So stay strong and be positive no matter how bad.

I am not saying you shouldn't feel bad and downcasted, my point is, don't remain there.

Yes, there is a great future ahead. Who told you that you can't recover what you have lost?

Arise!!!! There's hope.

Concerning your fasting, never you fast with conclusions in your mind that the fasting and prayers will take away your pains. It is not a good good way to fast. Rather, fast to weaken the strength ofyour flesh, so that you can be tuned to the spirit. If this happens, you will begin to hear why you are in that situation and hear solutions and directions.
Re: . by neonly: 6:22pm On May 09, 2022
Those of us that have been know yur pain expirence they say it d best teacher
But one thing I know is dat ever thing gonna be OK later trust me it a matter of time
Sucide brings a lot of grief to yur love ones so it can be classified as a sin
Re: . by Kobojunkie: 6:29pm On May 09, 2022
savesoulmejjj:
Feeding has become so Terrible .
If life Becomes so Un-bearable ,The dead doesn't feel any more Pains ..When there is Option of Suicide to End it all.
Why would such be Regarded as a SIN when it is Sure that we shall all die one day ?
N:B : Fasting and Praying ...I have done very well to the extent I was recently diagnosed of having Peptic Ulcer ..
You have children yet you are considering suicide? Isn't that evil/wickedness? undecided

You are better off planting a garden in containers in your kitchen and backyard than engaging in all the meaningless Fasting(starvation diets) and Praying because those kids are your burden to bear and if you so much as kill any of them that is murder. undecided
Re: . by Nobody: 6:30pm On May 09, 2022
because it's the cowardly way out

Re: . by Dtruthspeaker: 6:40pm On May 09, 2022
savesoulmejjj:
I'm not a Bible Scholar.

What is the Meaning of a life that is full of Suffering ,Trouble and Confusion

That is what it means to enter into God's Curse.

2) Thou shalt not kill, even if thy own self.
Re: . by Dtruthspeaker: 6:42pm On May 09, 2022
Jashub:
My brother, it is fundamentally believed that human life belongs to God which is why most religions condemn the act of suicide. Now comes the question :why would you want to take the life you did not create? Secondly ,you killing yourself will only add misery to the lives of your children who look up to you daily. undecided

And worse upon himself.
Re: . by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:48pm On May 09, 2022
God only remembers those who appreciates the gift of life not those that are too selfish to see how blessed they are to be alive!
Below is the picture of how people treat their fellow humans who are facing trials but whoever commits suicide due to a deplorable condition should know that there are many whose lives are worse than his own yet they're living believing things will be better one day.

That is FAITH which God cherishes! 2Thessalonians 3:2

Re: . by Maynman: 10:58pm On May 10, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

That is what it means to enter into God's Curse.

2) Thou shalt not kill, even if thy own self.

But there is a lot of killings in your Bible.
Re: . by savesoulmejjj: 12:48am On May 12, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
God only remembers those who appreciates the gift of life not those that are too selfish to see how blessed they are to be alive!
Below is the picture of how people treat their fellow humans who are facing trials but whoever commits suicide due to a deplorable condition should know that there are many whose lives are worse than his own yet they're living believing things will be better one day.

That is FAITH which God cherishes! 2Thessalonians 3:2
. Does God truly cares ? Why would a Parent with just one Daughter lost there only daughter even when the parent are sooo old and may not be able to have another Child ? is that Good thing to experience how Good can that be called
Re: . by Kobojunkie: 1:53am On May 12, 2022
savesoulmejjj:
1. Does God truly cares ?
2. Why would a Parent with just one Daughter lost there only daughter even when the parent are sooo old and may not be able to have another Child ?
3. is that Good thing to experience how Good can that be called
1. God cares but I am afraid not in the way you have been told. undecided

2. Everyone of us is born to die. From the day you are born, it is expected that you will die one day with no guarantees given you that it will happen at any particular time or after your parents. So it is human delusion to expect that children must not die before their parents. undecided

3. This existence ceased to be classified as "good" when God cursed Man after the fall - Genesis 3 vs 16 - 22 . As a result, the only way to experience God's Kind of "good" is through Jesus Christ. All other forms of "good" are those born of our human delusions which serve us only for as long as the delusions holds. undecided
Re: . by Maynman: 9:46am On May 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:

2. Everyone of us is born to die. From the day you are born, it is expected that you will die one day with no guarantees given you that it will happen at any particular time or after your parents. So it is human delusion to expect that children must die before their parents. undecided

3. This existence ceased to be classified as "good" when God cursed Man after the fall - Genesis 3 vs 16 - 22 . As a result, the only way to experience God's Kind of "good" is through Jesus Christ. All other forms of "good" are those born of our human delusions which serve us only for as long as the delusions holds. undecided

God is a title not a person and if he/she cursed what he created, if he was perfect he would have created man, perfect.
Re: . by savesoulmejjj: 2:41pm On May 12, 2022
Maynman:

God is a title not a person and if he/she cursed what he created, if he was perfect he would have created man, perfect.
. Gbam !
Re: . by savesoulmejjj: 2:42pm On May 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:

2. Everyone of us is born to die. From the day you are born, it is expected that you will die one day with no guarantees given you that it will happen at any particular time or after your parents. So it is human delusion to expect that children must die before their parents. undecided

And People that Accepted Jesus Christ that Experience Sorrows too Nko
Re: . by Kobojunkie: 3:05pm On May 12, 2022
savesoulmejjj:
And People that Accepted Jesus Christ that Experience Sorrows too Nko
That depends a great deal on what you mean when you say they accepted Jesus Christ. undecided

Also, a life in Jesus Christ is not a life devoid of suffering so let no man lie to you that it is this since Jesus Christ promised His followers will suffer much like He did, but that He has overcome the world on their behalf, they have nothing to worry about. undecided
Re: . by Maynman: 3:06pm On May 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:
That depends a great deal on what you mean when you say they accepted Jesus Christ. undecided

Also, a life in Jesus Christ is not a life devoid of suffering so let no man lie to you that it is this since Jesus Christ promised His followers will suffer much like He did, but that He has overcome the world on their behalf, they have nothing to worry about. undecided

He overcame the world and his followers too will suffer in the world? Can a crowned prince suffer in the palace? Religion oooo.
The same way Latin Jesus suffer, his followers have even over suffered.
So which world did he overcome? Where is it?
Re: . by Obafavour(m): 3:23pm On May 12, 2022
Maynman:

He overcame the world and his followers too will suffer in the world? Can a crowned prince suffer in the palace? Religion oooo.
The same way Latin Jesus suffer, his followers have even over suffered.
So which world did he overcome? Where is it?
Some don't just understand the scripture, overcoming the world doesn't mean we won't carry our cross, he even mentioned it.
What he meant was he has subdued the powers of the world, if we would endure to carry our cross we would have victory atlass by inheriting the kingdom of God as he did when he ascended into heaven.
That was why he said "for whosoever shall fight till end would be save"
Jesus words and preachings are parables, only the wise and spiritual minded will understand.
Re: . by Maynman: 3:24pm On May 12, 2022
Obafavour:

Some don't just understand the scripture, overcoming the world doesn't mean we won't carry our cross, he even mentioned it.
What he meant was he has subdued the powers of the world, if we would endure to carry our cross we would have victory atlass by inheriting the kingdom of God as he did when he ascended into heaven.
That was why he said "for whosoever shall fight till end would be save"
Jesus words and preachings are parables, only the wise and spiritual minded will understand.

What and which power did he subdue in the world?
Re: . by Obafavour(m): 3:34pm On May 12, 2022
Maynman:

What and which power did he subdue in the world?
The powers of the darkness.
No wonder they flee when they hear the name of jesus.
Because jesus said "whosoever call upon my name shall be saved"
"a name has been given to him which is above every other name that at the name of jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven and things in earth and things under the earth and every tongue should confess that jesus is lord"
Re: . by Maynman: 3:35pm On May 12, 2022
Obafavour:

The powers of the darkness.
No wonder they flee when they hear the name of jesus.
Because jesus said "whosoever call upon my name shall be saved"
"a name has been given to him which is above every other name that at the name of jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven and things in earth and things under the earth and every tongue should confess that jesus is lord"

How effective is this “power of darkness” that he subdue in the world? Abi no be this world?
Re: . by Obafavour(m): 3:42pm On May 12, 2022
Maynman:

How effective is this “power of darkness” that he subdue in the world? Abi no be this world?
Still don't understand the scripture.
The name of jesus is for everybody but it is only effective and can only work for his people.
Same jesus also said "not all those who call me by my name will i save" those are people who call him with false tongue.
That was why he said "i know my sheep and my sheep know me"
The name of jesus is so effective that it has performed so many miracles that i even witnessed and experience myself.
Re: . by Maynman: 3:43pm On May 12, 2022
Obafavour:

Still don't understand the scripture.
The name of jesus is for everybody but it is only effective and can only work for his people.
Same jesus also said "not all those who call me by my name will i save" those are people who call him with false tongue.
That was why he said "i know my sheep and my sheep know me"
The name of jesus is so effective that it has performed so many miracles that i even witnessed and experience myself.

So you mean TRUE followers of Jesus Christ won’t and can’t suffer?
Re: . by Obafavour(m): 3:57pm On May 12, 2022
Maynman:

So you mean TRUE followers of Jesus Christ won’t and can’t suffer?
Still twisting bible, and it's lack of knowledge and understanding about the word of GOD.
We shall all carry our cross, we shall suffer persecution and hatred from the world.
But what has been the christian watchword is that he has conquered the world meaning we shall laugh last by inheriting the kingdom of GOD, jesus has gone to prepare for us.
One of the hatred is the atheist hatred for christianity, jesus loves you u need to go back to him and stop this foolishness of yours, the bible says "only a fool will see all this things and say GOD doesn't exist.
I was on a site on how the foolish proofs of the scientists were proved wrong by a man, he compared evolution and the bible creation story, very interesting to read, if i get the link again i will send it to you.
Almighty GOD exist and he want you to repent from your destructive way.
Re: . by Maynman: 4:00pm On May 12, 2022
Obafavour:

Still twisting bible, and it's lack of knowledge and understanding about the word of GOD.
We shall all carry our cross, we shall suffer persecution and hatred from the world.
But what has been the christian watchword is that he has conquered the world meaning we shall laugh last by inheriting the kingdom of GOD, jesus has gone to prepare for us.

One of the hatred is the atheist hatred for christianity, jesus loves you u need to go back to him and stop this foolishness of yours, the bible says "only a fool will see all this things and say GOD doesn't exist.
I was on a site on how the foolish proofs of the scientists were proved wrong by a man, he compared evolution and the bible creation story, very interesting to read, if i get the link again i will send it to you.

Bwahahahah.
Are you saying even if you are a true follower and you call the name of Latin Jesus you will still suffer?

So Jesus subdued The power of darkness and all these is still happening to true followers in the world he subdued.
Where are all these sufferings coming from? The same power of darkness he subdue?
So I don’t think he subdue this world, as you said he went to prepare another place not this one.
Re: . by Maynman: 4:04pm On May 12, 2022
Obafavour:

You mean you compared the evolution story and Bible creation story and you use the same standard for 2 of them, it was the Bible that made more sense?
Re: . by Obafavour(m): 4:13pm On May 12, 2022
Maynman:

Bwahahahah.
Are you saying even if you are a true follower and you call the name of Latin Jesus you will still suffer?

So Jesus subdued The power of darkness and all these is still happening to true followers?
Where are all these sufferings coming from? The same power of darkness he subdue?
So I don’t think he subdue this world, as you said he went to prepare another place not this one.
You've us mocked us foolishly, i will still keep saying it, only those who are ignorance of the bible that say the trash you wrote up here.
Tribulations shall come but when we call on his name he shall save us.
When the isrealites wanted to fight their enemies they call on GOD and they won the battle, peter was emancipated from the prison when they interceeded for him, paul and silas was also emancipated from prison when they call on GOD, though died in persecution but they laugh last because they inherited the kingdom of GOD, which is the main goal of a christian.
Re: . by Obafavour(m): 4:18pm On May 12, 2022
Maynman:

You mean you compared the evolution story and Bible creation story and you use the same standard for 2 of them, it was the Bible that made more sense?
This should be the link
https://www.goshen.edu/bio/Biol410/bsspapers02/alyssa.htm
Just go through the link, so many scientist proofs that was later found wrong, only the bible stand on the same proof, but the scientists keep proving themselves wrong.
Only GOD knw what the scientists of the next generation and century will prove.
Re: . by Shidda: 4:40pm On May 12, 2022
savesoulmejjj:
I'm not a Bible Scholar.

What is the Meaning of a life that is full of Suffering ,Trouble and Confusion .

The dead doesn't feel any of these .........

If life Becomes so Un-bearable ,T[b]he dead doesn't feel any more Pains[/b] ..When there is Option of Suicide to End it all.

Why would such be Regarded as a SIN when it is Sure that we shall all die one day ?
Bro, i'll like to comment on these statements, but i'll just address two. Even though am a muslim and i dont try to involve myself in christian matter, perhaps it might be of benefit.
My brother, The dead FEEL PAIN, REAL PAIN, unimaginable pain, the kind that will kill a living man from just hearing, yet they can't die.
Allah about the pharaoh and his people:
.......an evil torment encompassed Firawn's (Pharaoh) people. The Fire; they are exposed to it, morning and afternoon,

For their crimes, these people are in the worst punishment. for more than at least 3000 years. And if you think that's where it ends:
and on the Day when the Hour will be established (it will be said to the angels): "Cause Firauns (Pharaoh) people to enter the severest
torment!"
So it's not an existence free of pain that's waiting.

Second, if you think life is hard, then the Prophets and Messengers suffered the worst.
Ayyub (Job) lost his health, wealth, properties, family and children, everyone abandoned him, he was a hedieous sight to behold. Yet he remained strong in his faith.
I'll admit, am not in a bad situation as many others, but nobody was guaranteed happiness when they came to this world, but some got and some didn't, some strove for it and some died trying.
That's all, i don't like typing
Re: . by Maynman: 4:54pm On May 12, 2022
Obafavour:

You've us mocked us foolishly, i will still keep saying it, only those who are ignorance of the bible that say the trash you wrote up here.
Tribulations shall come but when we call on his name he shall save us.
When the isrealites wanted to fight their enemies they call on GOD and they won the battle, peter was emancipated from the prison when they interceeded for him, paul and silas was also emancipated from prison when they call on GOD, though died in persecution but they laugh last because they inherited the kingdom of GOD, which is the main goal of a christian.

Instead of you to answer simple questions you’ve resorted to rhetorics, and Ad Hominem.Seems you yourself don’t understand the Christian and Hebrew Bible you hold, I don’t blame you, you probably hold one of the hundred if not thousands of the English version we have.
God is a title not a person, sheep.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Makes You To Adhere To Your Church? / Browsing Free Using Cheat Codes; How Do You See It As A Christian! / Shiloh 2012: Various Viewing Centres In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.