Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,157 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

Baby Carrier Or Buggy: Which is Better? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Baby Carrier Or Buggy: Which is Better? (2776 Views)

Baby Carrier For Bonding With Baby / Murphy's Baby Carrier / Baby Outdoor Kit: - Chicco Go Baby Carrier @ Rs. 1,701/- COD & FREE Shipping (2) (3) (4)

Baby Carrier Or Buggy: Which is Better? by mide2(f): 6:48am On Jul 09, 2007
Hello everyone,
Which do you think is better: a baby carrier or a buggy?

I feel the buggy is too much stress pushing about whilst shopping, or if you need to board a train or bus. At the same time, a carrier seems uncomfortable for carrying a baby for a long time plus you'll hv to carry the baby bag with your hands/on your shoulder.

Note; I haven't tried any yet; I'm only curious as my time is approaching.

Opinions and voices of experience will be greatly appreciated.
Re: Baby Carrier Or Buggy: Which is Better? by osereka(m): 3:25pm On Jul 09, 2007
sorry u are not at home to see how real mothers carry their children.
        which one be carrier or burggy? dem no de back pickin for oyinbo land? use wrapper tie the child to ur back like  a good african woman.

Re: Baby Carrier Or Buggy: Which is Better? by omogenaija(f): 4:46pm On Jul 09, 2007
osereka:

which one be carrier or burggy? them no de back pickin for oyinbo land? use wrapper tie the child to your back like a good african woman.

LMAO !!! aye ti yi (life has changed)

@ poster
just use a stroller , and i wish u a safe delivery , happy motherhood smiley
Re: Baby Carrier Or Buggy: Which is Better? by English1(f): 12:34pm On Jul 10, 2007
A lot of people have both. Sometimes a buggy is best and sometimes a carrier is, (until the baby gets heavy!).

Some buggies are really big and bulky but they are not all like that. You can get very small light ones too.
Re: Baby Carrier Or Buggy: Which is Better? by mide2(f): 11:14pm On Jul 10, 2007
Thanks @ Omogenaija and English1, I guess having both is the answer, but i hate pushing things around, i mean i hate anything clumsy, i always like to go about light, simple and uncomplicated. But i guess all that will be out of the window by then.

@osereka, how i love the african way, quite simple and cute, but it's not so possible here except in summer. Plus you know, at home lots of eyes go dey watch una pickin for una back but here, i kind of feel its dangerous, you dont know whats going on at the back and people here don't interfere in other's biz, na to mind ur biz.

Dunno sha
Re: Baby Carrier Or Buggy: Which is Better? by finemocha(f): 8:03pm On Jul 11, 2007
what about a choker leash, k maybe not a choker but somehting to tie the kid with so if they tried to run u could just yank them back with.
Re: Baby Carrier Or Buggy: Which is Better? by Megilicious(f): 7:19am On Jun 30, 2015
1st time writer alwayS reader, my names Meg pls ow much is a baby çarrier
Re: Baby Carrier Or Buggy: Which is Better? by mutter(f): 7:27am On Jun 30, 2015
osereka:
        which one be carrier or buggy? dem no de back pickin for oyinbo land? use wrapper tie the child to ur back like  a good african woman.

I absolutely support that. I have a buggy and my wrapper.
You get backache from a carrier and you cannot do much with your hands.
There is no where I did not feel comfortable backing my baby.
When I watch some of our young Nigerian girls out here. Punishing themselves instead of simply backing the baby embarassed
The funny thing is that the women out here buy an expensive cloth and even go to classes and learn how to ties it. I even saw a woman that constructed something with her jacket so that she can carry the baby on the back. When I walked through the town women stopped me to ask me to show them how to tie the wrapper.

Another very important factor. Spreading the legs wide is very good for the hip bone. So many many adults in the western world have artificial hipbones. This is because their legs were not spread as kids.
Re: Baby Carrier Or Buggy: Which is Better? by iamblessed4ever: 11:00am On Jun 30, 2015
My dear pls buy both.

I remember when I was traveling out with my baby she was 5months then. I had my carrier and it was way easy to lift my handbag and her bag reason being that in most places especially the airport once they see you with a baby they won't let you queue up,its a fast free pass trust me on this one. The only time u need a stroller is if your going shopping and you know you will take your time then a stroller is the best. Ig u take a stroller to the airport they wont let board the plane with it,the highest the can do is let u stroll with it to the airplane and just just before u enter someone will take it and check it in but u will have a problem when u are getting off because you will have yo carry your baby plus your handbag and co. So please get both,they ate life savers
Re: Baby Carrier Or Buggy: Which is Better? by damiso(f): 11:15am On Jun 30, 2015
Depends on your mode of transportation , age and weight of baby.

The baby carrier is good for short journeys maybe you want to quickly dash to the shops to get a few stuff. And till the baby is probably 6 months. After that it starts to cause back ache( at least it did for me). My husband even used it more. With my first i thought it was cos i bought a generic mother care one and decided to buy a more expensive one with back support etc, was the same it was even the more expensive one that i ended up rarely using.

If you drive, you can buy a travel system where you can use the car seat as well as the pram in shopping malls etc. The smaller the better those big buggies just keep bumping into everything and everyone.
Re: Baby Carrier Or Buggy: Which is Better? by damiso(f): 11:21am On Jun 30, 2015
mutter:

I absolutely support that. I have a buggy and my wrapper.
You get backache from a carrier and you cannot do much with your hands.
There is no where I did not feel comfortable backing my baby.
When I watch some of our young Nigerian girls out here. Punishing themselves instead of simply backing the baby embarassed
The funny thing is that the women out here buy an expensive cloth and even go to classes and learn how to ties it. I even saw a woman that constructed something with her jacket so that she can carry the baby on the back. When I walked through the town women stopped me to ask me to show them how to tie the wrapper.

Another very important factor. Spreading the legs wide is very good for the hip bone. So many many adults in the western world have artificial hipbones. This is because their legs were not spread as kids.

I learnt how to back my babies at home, in church when they were getting restless. And it used to really settle them esp when my daughter was a bit colicky.

I never got the courage to try it while out and about.

I don't know why i kept thinking they could slip and fall off my back. embarassed Even my mum does not know how to back babies so I learnt from older ladies in church when the babies were getting restless during service.

Re: Baby Carrier Or Buggy: Which is Better? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jun 30, 2015
Get a travel system....car seat,stroller nd carrier.....and 3 yards of nice wrapper! grin
Re: Baby Carrier Or Buggy: Which is Better? by mutter(f): 2:24pm On Jun 30, 2015
damiso:

I learnt how to back my babies at home, in church when they were getting restless. And it used to really settle them esp when my daughter was a bit colicky.

I never got the courage to try it while out and about.

I don't know why i kept thinking they could slip and fall off my back. embarassed Even my mum does not know how to back babies so I learnt from older ladies in church when the babies were getting restless during service.

I had to learn it too with my kid`s my mother was not a Nigerian and also did not know how to back a baby. I backed my dolls as a kid grin but it is not the same as backing a baby. It took me time to learn but when I did it was very convenient. You can back your baby and do all (most) your house-chores. By the third baby I was an expert, could even back it under a month.
Re: Baby Carrier Or Buggy: Which is Better? by Homeyfav: 8:00am On Mar 31, 2023
There are basic things that you should consider as you shop for your carrier. This will help you make a choice that will suit your baby carrier needs perfectly.

There's Nothing Sinful About Having A Caesarean Section! / Capri Sonne Or Capri Sun / Aristo Meets His Daughter In A Bleep Party