Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,585 members, 7,865,430 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 05:58 PM

Does CGPA Matter In Getting A Job? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Does CGPA Matter In Getting A Job? (1286 Views)

Daniel Nkemelu Has 7.0 CGPA As Unibadan's Best Graduating Student / Ozibo Ekele Graduates From University Of Ibadan With CGPA Of 6.6 Breaks Record / Folafoluwa Oginni Graduates From Heterfordshire University With 5.0 CGPA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does CGPA Matter In Getting A Job? by zealousayo(m): 9:44pm On Mar 29, 2021
Do employers/recruiters ask for CGPA a person graduated with job consideration, or do they only consider the class of degree?

Does a person that graduated with 4.20 have an edge over someone that graduated 3.53 (provided all conditions are constant for both of them)?
Re: Does CGPA Matter In Getting A Job? by Zico5(m): 9:48pm On Mar 29, 2021
Omo 2:1 is 2:1 o. No genuine company will find time for CGPA. First class is first class, no discrimination whatsoever.
Re: Does CGPA Matter In Getting A Job? by zealousayo(m): 9:49pm On Mar 29, 2021
Zico5:
Omo 2:1 is 2:1 o. No genuine company will find time for CGPA. First class is first class, no discrimination whatsoever.
Okay. Thank you sir.
Re: Does CGPA Matter In Getting A Job? by PAWG(m): 10:21pm On Mar 29, 2021
Total and Standard Chartered dey check CGPA.
Re: Does CGPA Matter In Getting A Job? by zealousayo(m): 10:50pm On Mar 29, 2021
PAWG:
Total and Standard Chartered dey check CGPA.
Oh that's informative... Thanks sir.

1 Like

Re: Does CGPA Matter In Getting A Job? by edoairways: 12:44am On Mar 30, 2021
Some companies discriminate against those with lower CGPA just to reduce the number of applicants. However, this may backfire on the long run as your skills and talents speaks more.
Re: Does CGPA Matter In Getting A Job? by Nobody: 7:31am On Mar 30, 2021
zealousayo:
Do employers/recruiters ask for CGPA a person graduated with job consideration, or do they only consider the class of degree?

Does a person that graduated with 4.20 have an edge over someone that graduated 3.53 (provided all conditions are constant for both of them)?
Op Nigerian can go to any let as long as they want to discriminate expecially those companies headed by Yorubas, I was discriminated because the HR wanted to give the said job to his brother, but I later charge the same company for the same job because his brother could not do it.
Re: Does CGPA Matter In Getting A Job? by SarakiBukola: 8:12am On Mar 30, 2021
supportnija:

Op Nigerian can go to any let as long as they want to discriminate expecially those companies headed by Yorubas, I was discriminated because the HR wanted to give the said job to his brother, but I later charge the same company for the same job because his brother could not do it.

"Nigerians can go to any length(s)...." "especially"

"I was discriminated against"

You see why you weren't hired? It is not always the fault of Yorubas.

Maybe they saw that you were a graduate of a "miracle center" and wanted someone educated.

Re: Does CGPA Matter In Getting A Job? by SarakiBukola: 8:12am On Mar 30, 2021
grin
Re: Does CGPA Matter In Getting A Job? by femi4: 9:09am On Mar 30, 2021
zealousayo:

No, except in some dubious cases. Class of degree should be ok
Re: Does CGPA Matter In Getting A Job? by Cerebellum: 11:14am On Mar 30, 2021
SarakiBukola:

Maybe they saw that you were a graduate of a "miracle center" and wanted someone educated.

You're truly A sarakigrin
Re: Does CGPA Matter In Getting A Job? by Lamasta(m): 12:00pm On Mar 30, 2021
Apart from scholarship only few companies look out for CGPA and they do it to cut down the number of applicants applying for the role.
Re: Does CGPA Matter In Getting A Job? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Mar 30, 2021
SarakiBukola:

Op you must be that HR brother who later paid me 500 hundred thousand naira to train his brother, not only that I was given appointment by the same company for remote support for 2yerars paying me millions every year, OP, sorry if it is book I studied more than you, OP , I am software engineer, OP i am a mathematician, op I am a statistician, Op I belong to 5 different Associations, and five online communities,PHP, JavaScript, Java, python etc, I don't have time for you, I have better things to do.. STOP DISCRIMINATION IN ANY GUiSE.
Re: Does CGPA Matter In Getting A Job? by SarakiBukola: 2:12pm On Mar 30, 2021
angry
Re: Does CGPA Matter In Getting A Job? by Karleb(m): 2:51pm On Mar 30, 2021
No one care about the actual point.

They care about the class though but not all, some just want to very that you have a certificate.

(1) (Reply)

Please Is First Class Really Worth It(i Need Help) / Any Igbobian In D House / S A T

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.