Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,145 members, 7,835,825 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Alaafin Laments Release Of Arrested Fulani Kidnappers By Police - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alaafin Laments Release Of Arrested Fulani Kidnappers By Police (26909 Views)

100% Of Arrested Hoodlums In Anambra Are Not Anambra Indigenes - Soludo / Handicapped Man Blocks Police Van, Demands Release Of Arrested Protesters: Video / Governor Wike Reacts To The Killing Of "Arrested Disarmed" Robbers By SARS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alaafin Laments Release Of Arrested Fulani Kidnappers By Police by November1857(m): 11:32pm On Mar 29, 2021
The Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi, has lamented the way the police treat some cases involving some suspected criminals who are Fulani.

The monarch said some Fulani persons who were arrested for kidnapping and handed over to the police were released in controversial circumstances.

Alaafin said this in Oyo on Monday when the Oluwo of Iwo, Oba Abduraheed Akanbi, visited him in his palace.

Oba Adeyemi said, “Nigeria is under a weak system. The system is no more working. Nigeria’s system of government is failing most especially on security. Security should not be under an exclusive legislative list.

“I’ve attended several fora where security issues were discussed and (where I) challenged our state governors. Security-wise, they are toothless. If the Inspector-General of Police orders for the release of a suspect, no state governor can reverse such order.

“We have put machinery in place and arrested many kidnappers who are Fulanis. We handed them to the police but many of them were later released. This calls for sober reflection.”

The Oluwo had earlier tasked the Alaafin to do everything to bring Yoruba Obas under one umbrella.

He also challenged those seeking Yoruba self-determination to recall the federal legislators in their zone, saying doing so would convince the people that they needed a new nation of their own.

He said Nigerians, irrespective of ethnicity, would later appreciate it better if the country remained one.

Oluwo said, “Nigeria was created by the sacrifices of our forefathers. They committed their lives to nurture the baby from infancy to this time. The baby has matured with an ailing soul. We all acknowledge there is a problem, but must we throw away a child with the bathwater?

The child I brought to you is an emergency case. The child is in the Intensive Care Unit. I implore you to take the lead, treat the child and ensure his timely recuperation. You are an encyclopedia of Yoruba traditional rulers. The failure and disunity among Yoruba monarchs are disturbing. It has given some Yoruba sons and daughters the opportunities to abuse their monarchs on social media.

Unarguably, the state of the nation is fragile and very delicate. Dividing Nigeria at this critical time is a loss to the Yorubaland. We can’t go back to start afresh after years of sacrifices. Instead, we should concentrate such energy on ensuring Yoruba produce the next president that understands and can address our weaknesses.”

https://punchng.com/alaafin-laments-release-of-arrested-fulani-kidnappers-by-police/

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Alaafin Laments Release Of Arrested Fulani Kidnappers By Police by SarkinYarki: 11:39pm On Mar 29, 2021
But Tinubu say Fulani and Yoruba are one

173 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Alaafin Laments Release Of Arrested Fulani Kidnappers By Police by IduNaOba: 11:44pm On Mar 29, 2021
Tinubu already confirmed that Yoruba and fulani are one nah so....

151 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Alaafin Laments Release Of Arrested Fulani Kidnappers By Police by optionalY09: 11:45pm On Mar 29, 2021
before alaafin dribble us like he gives a fvck, watch out he’s about to use us to seek support for Tinubu. Before Tinubu proceeded to his shameful Kano visit, he visited alaafin at his palace. I am not insinuating anything i am just putting us on alert before they come up with ghana must go of story why support for Tinubu will lead us to Yoruba nation.

Ji Masun

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Alaafin Laments Release Of Arrested Fulani Kidnappers By Police by Nobody: 11:56pm On Mar 29, 2021
I'm sure Tinubu is more mentioned in Ala-Igbo than Peter Obi.

Tilumbu Tilumbu Tilumbu
Tilumbu Tilumbu Tilumbu
Tilumbu Tilumbu Tilumbu

And he never take one naira from their government purse wahala cheesy

24 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Alaafin Laments Release Of Arrested Fulani Kidnappers By Police by Racoon(m): 12:02am On Mar 30, 2021
Same thing Iku baba yeye once said in his letter.Fulanis are more daring and untouchable because Buhari's govt have fulanize other ethnic nationals.Guess the Alaafin still thinks one Nigeria is still the solution to this injustice

19 Likes

Re: Alaafin Laments Release Of Arrested Fulani Kidnappers By Police by Racoon(m): 12:03am On Mar 30, 2021
Unarguably, the state of the nation is fragile and very delicate. Dividing Nigeria at this critical time is a loss to the Yorubaland. We can’t go back to start afresh after years of sacrifices. Instead, we should concentrate such energy on ensuring Yoruba produce the next president that understands and can address our weaknesses.”
Yoruba producing the next president will solve which problem? Nigeria will need not less than 10 years of meaningful development to even start thinking of reversing the damage the Buhari regime have inflicted upon this failed nation.

How does one see a fair, just and eligantarian Nigeria in the midst of the current injustice, forced domination, and ethnic supremacist cleansing by these marauders and killers who only see others as conquered vassals only shows the illusion of foresight.

Same scenario since inception, today and most likely to remain except Nigeria disintegrate.Of course the fugitive Oluwo is a just a charlatan who is abusing the royal stool.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Alaafin Laments Release Of Arrested Fulani Kidnappers By Police by Drsnives(m): 12:11am On Mar 30, 2021
Very soon falseprophet will say "I see the governor dethroning him, I see terrible things.

This I have seen

13 Likes

Re: Alaafin Laments Release Of Arrested Fulani Kidnappers By Police by Racoon(m): 12:17am On Mar 30, 2021
When a President of a multi-ethnic, multi-religious and multi-cultural country like Nigeria is busy filling all his appointments with only people from his own region and religion, handing over the entire security agencies including the paramilitary to only people from his own region and religion, protecting Islamist terrorists from his own region and religion while sending python dance, armoured tanks and soldiers after unarmed peaceful agitators from other region and religion.DO YOU NEED SOMEONE TO TELL YOU THAT SUCH A PRESIDENT IS IMPLEMENTING AN ETHNO-RELIGIOUS AGENDA??

17 Likes

Re: Alaafin Laments Release Of Arrested Fulani Kidnappers By Police by omoiyamayor(m): 12:33am On Mar 30, 2021
Stupid oba that was recalled from Canada to ascend the throne telling us about how good one Nigeria can be for us,can we ask him why he was in Canada before becoming the king,Nigeria is designed for elites.
Tunubu said the government should recruit 50milli youths into the army,that shows us that if he will destroy the youth when he becomes the president,why don’t he advice advice the president to mandate a two year military service for all male citizens irrespective of age and voluntary option for female citizens like some countries do to make the military strong?they don’t want to see us grow but we will bury them all

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alaafin Laments Release Of Arrested Fulani Kidnappers By Police by Idiko1: 1:24am On Mar 30, 2021
SarkinYarki:
Tinubu say Fulani and Yoruba are one

Migrants!!! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Laments Release Of Arrested Fulani Kidnappers By Police by bcomputer101: 6:05am On Mar 30, 2021
Just yesterday, the brown teeth national chairman said FULANI and YORUBA'S are ONE.

So, I won't interfere because this is pure family business

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Alaafin Laments Release Of Arrested Fulani Kidnappers By Police by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 6:09am On Mar 30, 2021
Tinubu is just after his ambition of becoming President. Imagine him saying Yorubas and fulani are one, even with all the atrocities Fulani Herdsmen are carrying out in Yoruba land. He is ready to sacrifice his people on the alter of his Presidential ambition.

17 Likes

Re: Alaafin Laments Release Of Arrested Fulani Kidnappers By Police by ivolt: 6:13am On Mar 30, 2021
optionalY09:
before alaafin dribble us like he gives a fvck, watch out he’s about to use us to seek support for Tinubu. Before Tinubu proceeded to his shameful Kano visit, he visited alaafin at his palace. I am not insinuating anything i am just putting us on alert before they come up with ghana must go of story why support for Tinubu will lead us to Yoruba nation.

Ji Masun
This is stale. Alaafin has been openly rooting for Tinubu for a long-term, so no ghana-must-go is needed.
Also, why do you guys lump all issues together. What is the relationship between zoning and security issue?

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Laments Release Of Arrested Fulani Kidnappers By Police by ChoCho54(f): 6:15am On Mar 30, 2021
optionalY09:

Ji Masun
You are wise.

The traditional rulers being old men should be at the front calling for either regionalism or secession. But hear them chorousing the politicians lines because they have been bought.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaafin Laments Release Of Arrested Fulani Kidnappers By Police by houseontherock: 6:27am On Mar 30, 2021
Our indigenous leaders are not telling each other the truth because I don't expect oluwo and alaafin to sit together unless alaafin is admonishing him for his stupid utterances and fulanis slave mentalittundecided

6 Likes

Re: Alaafin Laments Release Of Arrested Fulani Kidnappers By Police by juman(m): 6:32am On Mar 30, 2021
Then people would be killing those kidnappers instead.

Nigeria is lawless during clueless buhari time.

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Laments Release Of Arrested Fulani Kidnappers By Police by juman(m): 6:33am On Mar 30, 2021
Fulanis started kidnapping immediately buhari became president.

12 Likes

Re: Alaafin Laments Release Of Arrested Fulani Kidnappers By Police by 4ckyou: 6:36am On Mar 30, 2021
SarkinYarki:

So no need to worry, if them like let them finish all the yoruba farmers, we don't care at least they can always relocated to Benin republic to start afresh.

15 Likes

Re: Alaafin Laments Release Of Arrested Fulani Kidnappers By Police by Akwamkpuruamu: 6:47am On Mar 30, 2021
What do you expect from a slave - Master relationship Just a tip of the Iceberg Oba!!

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Laments Release Of Arrested Fulani Kidnappers By Police by Nobody: 6:53am On Mar 30, 2021
Did we expect differently?
Re: Alaafin Laments Release Of Arrested Fulani Kidnappers By Police by orisa37: 7:05am On Mar 30, 2021
THANK YOU KAABIESI. YOU HAVE MADE THE POINT.

MAY OLODUMARE BLESS YOU IN THE NAME OF ODUDUWA.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaafin Laments Release Of Arrested Fulani Kidnappers By Police by orisa37: 7:06am On Mar 30, 2021
THANK YOU KAABIESI. YOU HAVE MADE THE POINT.

MAY OLODUMARE BLESS YOU IN THE NAME OF ODUDUWA. ASE.

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Laments Release Of Arrested Fulani Kidnappers By Police by strangest(m): 7:11am On Mar 30, 2021
I don't interfere in FAMILY MATTER.... �

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Laments Release Of Arrested Fulani Kidnappers By Police by orisa37: 7:23am On Mar 30, 2021
SarkinYarki:

THERE ARE MANY COMMUNITIES IN SOKOTO KADUNA, KANO, ZAMFARA ETCETERA ETCETERA WHERE WE HAVE MANY CAMOUFLAGED YORUBA FULANIS. MANY OF THEM SPEAK FULBE. THEY'RE YORUBAS BUT IF YOU TAKE THEM FOR GRANTED AND SPEAK YORUBA TO THEM, THEY PITY YOU LIKE JJC.

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Laments Release Of Arrested Fulani Kidnappers By Police by CursedTinubu: 7:23am On Mar 30, 2021
SarkinYarki:
Tinubu is cursed

10 Likes

Re: Alaafin Laments Release Of Arrested Fulani Kidnappers By Police by optionalY09: 7:27am On Mar 30, 2021
ChoCho54:
You are wise.

The traditional rulers being old men should be at the front calling for either regionalism or secession. But hear them chorousing the politicians lines because they have been bought.

ki gbogbo wa ma wipe “ani awa o ba won se mo”!

6 Likes

Re: Alaafin Laments Release Of Arrested Fulani Kidnappers By Police by optionalY09: 7:29am On Mar 30, 2021
ivolt:

This is stale. Alaafin has been openly rooting for Tinubu for a long-term, so no ghana-must-go is needed.
Also, why do you guys lump all issues together. What is the relationship between zoning and security issue?

Awa duro lori wipe “ani awa o ba won se mo”!

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Laments Release Of Arrested Fulani Kidnappers By Police by orisa37: 7:30am On Mar 30, 2021
He is a Traditional Ruler of Repute.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2019: What Atiku Told Me About Travelling To America – Gbenga Daniel / Kukah: Stop Intimidating Nigerians, Ortom Tells Presidency / Vice President Kashim Shettima Visits Anambra & Commissions Facilities.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.