Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,496 members, 7,830,498 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

I Begged Niger Republic To Let Nigeria Construct Free Railway For Them – Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Begged Niger Republic To Let Nigeria Construct Free Railway For Them – Amaechi (1201 Views)

Nigerians Know That Politicians Are Thieves, Yet Still Vote For Them - Amaechi / Amaechi: We Begged Niger Republic To Construct Railway For Them / Fadaka: Currency For Yoruba, Oduduwa Republic To Be Stronger Than Dollars- Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Begged Niger Republic To Let Nigeria Construct Free Railway For Them – Amaechi by GANDOOOKI: 3:34pm On Mar 30, 2021
The Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, says he personally travelled to Niger Republic to beg the country to allow the Nigerian government to construct the $1.95bn railway from Kano State into Maradi in Niger Republic.

Amaechi said this on Channels Television’s ‘News Night’ programme on Monday which was monitored by our correspondent.

The railway is expected to run from Kano to Dutse- Katsina through Jibia and will end at Maradi Niger Republic.

The minister said some had even accused him of serving northern interests even though his wife is Igbo.

Amaechi said, “It is like the shout about Kano-Maradi rail. I said my wife is Igbo. She is not from Maradi. The worst is that they will say I am serving the interest of the North. Let’s assume that is the argument you will make. The worst I can do is stop at Jibia which is the border.

“To even get to Maradi I had to travel to Niger Republic to even beg them. They are not bringing their money. It is our money. But I’m begging them to allow me access into Maradi.”

When asked why it was so important to extend the rail to Maradi, Amaechi explained that Niger Republic is a landlocked country and has to rely on entrepot trade which means it has to export and import through intermediary countries.

The minister said due to insecurity and poor road infrastructure as well as extortion by security agents, Niger Republic and Chad preferred exporting and importing their goods through Benin Republic, Ivory Coast, Ghana and Togo.

He argued that the new rail would help Nigeria to compete and this would expand the economy.

Amaechi added, “Why are they not exporting through Nigeria? They say o, your roads are bad. So, the railway takes care of that. They say customs is difficult, customs will impose charges that are not charged in Benin Republic.

“They say immigration does not allow them. Even when they pass all these, there are police checkpoints on the road, customs checkpoints on the road, immigration checkpoints on the road. Then communities have their own checkpoints on the road, armed robbers attack them on the road. So, they prefer to go where it is safe and cheaper to do business.

“So, all we are saying is we come to Maradi, we build offices, we build a warehouse, you put your things in the warehouse, you deal with customs at Maradi, deal with immigration at Maradi, deal with police, whatever you need to check. Once you put the goods on top of the wagon, it goes straight to Lagos. When it gets to Lagos, straight to the ship because the things you would do in Lagos, you would have done in Maradi.”

The minister also berated the National Assembly for obstructing the facilitation of Chinese loans due to the controversial sovereignty clause.

In July 2020, a House of Representatives panel had raised the alarm over clauses conceding Nigeria’s sovereignty to China in a loan agreement.

Amaechi, however, argued that the unnecessary probe had stalled funding for the Ibadan to Kano rail.

https://punchng.com/i-begged-niger-republic-to-let-nigeria-construct-free-railway-for-them-amaechi/
Re: I Begged Niger Republic To Let Nigeria Construct Free Railway For Them – Amaechi by LeeSantos(m): 3:36pm On Mar 30, 2021
...hmmmm... Boko haram reading this and they are like" akmad nobody should use the remaining bomb oh" pack them to the reserve house for the railway.

Lol..All this money sef. If they use it to do railway from port Harcourt to UK, or USA. I know more than 70% of the citizens will be happy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Begged Niger Republic To Let Nigeria Construct Free Railway For Them – Amaechi by jazon(m): 3:36pm On Mar 30, 2021
Some people are blessed with foolishness

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Begged Niger Republic To Let Nigeria Construct Free Railway For Them – Amaechi by Simplyleo: 3:40pm On Mar 30, 2021
I agree with Rotimi Amaechi.

Nigeria should be accessible by land, water and air for easy economic activities between countries.

Is it true that one online country is landlocked?

3 Likes

Re: I Begged Niger Republic To Let Nigeria Construct Free Railway For Them – Amaechi by zombieHUNTER: 3:41pm On Mar 30, 2021
jazon:

All the rail lines within the country is top notch and functional....

Buhari did it all...

It's now time to connect rail to his real home country..

Sai barber
Re: I Begged Niger Republic To Let Nigeria Construct Free Railway For Them – Amaechi by valentineuwakwe(m): 3:42pm On Mar 30, 2021
why not do from maiduguri to Chad?
Re: I Begged Niger Republic To Let Nigeria Construct Free Railway For Them – Amaechi by zombieHUNTER: 3:42pm On Mar 30, 2021
Simplyleo:

My fulani herdsman friend...

Is Buhari administration not doing wonders

Re: I Begged Niger Republic To Let Nigeria Construct Free Railway For Them – Amaechi by Anigreat: 3:45pm On Mar 30, 2021
shocked

Imagine

When will this Nigerians stop being timid, and open up to Jubril that enough is enough. Actually we all know that Jubril is the one speaking through Amechi. Nigeria is a lost hope country, very miserable country.
Re: I Begged Niger Republic To Let Nigeria Construct Free Railway For Them – Amaechi by Blue3k(m): 3:45pm On Mar 30, 2021
The minister said due to insecurity and poor road infrastructure as well as extortion by security agents, Niger Republic and Chad preferred exporting and importing their goods through Benin Republic, Ivory Coast, Ghana and Togo.
“They say immigration does not allow them. Even when they pass all these, there are police checkpoints on the road, customs checkpoints on the road, immigration checkpoints on the road. Then communities have their own checkpoints on the road, armed robbers attack them on the road. So, they prefer to go where it is safe and cheaper to do business.

All that is failure on Buhari's part to rout out corruption and tackle crime. Theres checkpoints every 5 minutes and crime is through the roof. Lol these foolish checkpoints don't reduce crime but they do give these government crooks a nice payday.

“To even get to Maradi I had to travel to Niger Republic to even beg them. They are not bringing their money. It is our money. But I’m begging them to allow me access into Maradi.”

Lol they were satisfied building a rail line with Benin republic it seems. What other concessions did you give them? Are they going to collect all the revenue as well? I'm sure you had to beg because they were afraid of importing Nigerian criminality into their country.

Front page: Lalasticlala mynd44

Re: I Begged Niger Republic To Let Nigeria Construct Free Railway For Them – Amaechi by tsinzu: 3:45pm On Mar 30, 2021
While there are many federal roads in Nigeria crying for attention, This fool is here proudly talking about begging Niger to build rail lines for them. This people no rate us at all.
Re: I Begged Niger Republic To Let Nigeria Construct Free Railway For Them – Amaechi by madridguy(m): 3:46pm On Mar 30, 2021
Amaechi added “Why are they not exporting through Nigeria? They say o, your roads are bad. So, the railway takes care of that. They say customs is difficult, customs will impose charges that are not charged in Benin Republic.

Re: I Begged Niger Republic To Let Nigeria Construct Free Railway For Them – Amaechi by zombieHUNTER: 3:47pm On Mar 30, 2021
madridguy:
grin
grin grin grin

Sai barber
Re: I Begged Niger Republic To Let Nigeria Construct Free Railway For Them – Amaechi by oilking: 3:52pm On Mar 30, 2021
Hmm
Re: I Begged Niger Republic To Let Nigeria Construct Free Railway For Them – Amaechi by qualityovenbake(m): 3:55pm On Mar 30, 2021
They say charity begins at home, you haven't finished building railway connecting other regions in your country, yet you want to prioritize Niger republic ahead of other region in Nigeria.

Misplaced priority, you are begging a sovereign nation to construct railway for them because Niger republic is land locked, that they are using other african ports instead of Nigeria.

The revenue the government will generate will be greater than what they will derived if they prioritize building railway connecting south east, south south to Lagos ports.
Re: I Begged Niger Republic To Let Nigeria Construct Free Railway For Them – Amaechi by Deepfeel(m): 4:08pm On Mar 30, 2021
The igbos who are the biggest importers in this country suffer all these things Niger Republic complain about, just to bring goods from Lagos to east, why will Ameachi be so concerned about Niger republic when his people in the east suffer the same thing?

3 Likes

Re: I Begged Niger Republic To Let Nigeria Construct Free Railway For Them – Amaechi by falcon01: 4:19pm On Mar 30, 2021
LeeSantos:
...hmmmm... Boko haram reading this and they are like" akmad nobody should use the remaining bomb oh" pack them to the reserve house for the railway.

Lol..All this money sef. If they use it to do railway from port Harcourt to UK, or USA. I know more than 70% of the citizens will be happy.
makhmoudd Paack Za girls.. Now !!!
Re: I Begged Niger Republic To Let Nigeria Construct Free Railway For Them – Amaechi by obiekunie2: 7:50pm On Mar 30, 2021
jazon:

i swearagad men!!

amechi's foolishness is conc.!
Re: I Begged Niger Republic To Let Nigeria Construct Free Railway For Them – Amaechi by obiekunie2: 7:52pm On Mar 30, 2021
Deepfeel:
The igbos who are the biggest importers in this country suffer all these things Niger Republic complain about, just to bring goods from Lagos to east, why will Ameachi be so concerned about Niger republic when his people in the east suffer the same thing?

we are not his people!

his people are in niger-delta! angry
Re: I Begged Niger Republic To Let Nigeria Construct Free Railway For Them – Amaechi by Blue3k(m): 1:06am On Mar 31, 2021
Bump
Re: I Begged Niger Republic To Let Nigeria Construct Free Railway For Them – Amaechi by SarkinYarki: 1:12am On Mar 31, 2021
Simplyleo:
I agree with Rotimi Amaechi.

Nigeria should be accessible by land, water and air for easy economic activities between countries.

Is it true that one online country is landlocked?

Just say you simply love Terrorism and population replacement
Re: I Begged Niger Republic To Let Nigeria Construct Free Railway For Them – Amaechi by Rossikki: 2:53am On Mar 31, 2021
qualityovenbake:
They say charity begins at home, you haven't finished building railway connecting other regions in your country, yet you want to prioritize Niger republic ahead of other region in Nigeria.

Misplaced priority, you are begging a sovereign nation to construct railway for them because Niger republic is land locked, that they are using other african ports instead of Nigeria.

The revenue the government will generate will be greater than what they will derived if they prioritize building railway connecting south east, south south to Lagos ports.

Those lines are just as ''prioritized'' as the line to Maradi, and multi-billion dollar contracts have been signed to build them.

They just don't get public attention because they can't be used to attack Buhari.
Re: I Begged Niger Republic To Let Nigeria Construct Free Railway For Them – Amaechi by Racoon(m): 3:12am On Mar 31, 2021
So Nigeria will just embarked on a humanitarian venture in its foreign policy when there are a lots of inhouse problems demanding attention?

Yet this same Amaechi cancelled the Maritime Academy project to go build Transport University in Daura? A lots of people in this cursed government are blessed with legendary idiocy and stupidity
Re: I Begged Niger Republic To Let Nigeria Construct Free Railway For Them – Amaechi by Deepfeel(m): 8:53am On Mar 31, 2021
obiekunie2:

we are not his people!

his people are in niger-delta! angry
He's more concerned about people from niger republic than his Nigerian people in the East
Re: I Begged Niger Republic To Let Nigeria Construct Free Railway For Them – Amaechi by obiekunie2: 9:56am On Mar 31, 2021
Deepfeel:

He's more concerned about people from niger republic than his Nigerian people in the East

Oga!!

Amaechi is from SOUTH-SOUTH NigerDelta! NOT FROM EAST!!
Re: I Begged Niger Republic To Let Nigeria Construct Free Railway For Them – Amaechi by Deepfeel(m): 10:53am On Mar 31, 2021
obiekunie2:

Oga!!

Amaechi is from SOUTH-SOUTH NigerDelta! NOT FROM EAST!!
You don't get my point
He's the Nigerian minister of transportation , not South South minister of transportation, Niger Republic are not Nigerians not his people, Easterners are Nigerians his people

(1) (Reply)

Spectre Of Military Crackdown Unites SE Govs, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Other Pan-igbo Gr / Nnamdi Kanu Suffering From Bipolar Disorder- Experts / There Is Ongoing Genocide In Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.