Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,519 members, 7,826,955 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Is It Advisable To Reduce My Age In All Documents? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Advisable To Reduce My Age In All Documents? (609 Views)

Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? / Is 60k Monthly Ok At My Age ? / Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Advisable To Reduce My Age In All Documents? by SweetVibe: 3:34pm On Mar 30, 2021
I will be graduating from the university this Year at the age of 25 but I already have extra year which means I can only graduate next year at the age of 26.
My school is very slow to mobilize student for NYSC which means I will finish my NYSC at the age of 28.You all know how the Nigeria Job market discriminate alot.

I was born in 1996 which is well written in my WAEC, NIN, BVN, FSLC, JAMB and School document but am thinking of reducing my date of birth to year 2000 which was what I use for my Voters Card.
please do you think this is a good move or should I forget about this idea and continue using my real date of birth.
I need your opinions please.
Seun Mynd44 lalasticlala dominique Crazyman 1forall
Re: Is It Advisable To Reduce My Age In All Documents? by Righteousness2(m): 3:46pm On Mar 30, 2021
That act may look like a Harmless lie but verily I say unto you, it is a Lie and will be recorded in Heaven as a Lie.

The times are not normal,
The Earth is so tensed,
This is not the time for us to engage in any format of Evil.
HARPAZO is upon us!
JESUS is about to snatch his saints outta heee.
That lie will Hinder you from taking off!

Do not do it! It is Better for you to be sacked or Rejected for being Honest than for you to be accepted and be Rejected in Heaven.
Re: Is It Advisable To Reduce My Age In All Documents? by waleyp(m): 4:04pm On Mar 30, 2021
DonT Do It. Your Great Future Doesn't Lie On Your Age. A LiL Lie My SPOIL Many Things
Re: Is It Advisable To Reduce My Age In All Documents? by yomi007k(m): 6:22pm On Mar 30, 2021
Don't do it brother.
Re: Is It Advisable To Reduce My Age In All Documents? by SweetVibe: 7:01pm On Mar 30, 2021
yomi007k:
Don't do it brother.
what if after NYSC the jobs are only for those below 27
Re: Is It Advisable To Reduce My Age In All Documents? by yomi007k(m): 7:08pm On Mar 30, 2021
SweetVibe:

what if after NYSC the jobs are only for those below 27

Employers want someone who is "Effective".

Gather enough skills in your field and be of good character.
Re: Is It Advisable To Reduce My Age In All Documents? by CrazyMan(m): 10:04pm On Mar 30, 2021
In this era of NIN and BVN you want to reduce your age? It will take your employer less than 5 minutes to access your data via your BVN and once your details starts contradicting each other, you should kiss that job good bye cos integrity is one of the major traits every prospective employer looks out for when hiring an employee.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Reduce My Age In All Documents? by SweetVibe: 5:43am On Mar 31, 2021
CrazyMan:
In this era of NIN and BVN you want to reduce your age? It will take your employer less than 5 minutes to access your data via your BVN and once your details starts contradicting each other, you should kiss that job good bye cos integrity is one of the major traits every prospective employer looks out for when hiring an employee.
Thanks, but I heard you can correct details on your BVN and NIN
Re: Is It Advisable To Reduce My Age In All Documents? by CrazyMan(m): 10:40pm On Mar 31, 2021
SweetVibe:

Thanks, but I heard you can correct details on your BVN and NIN
BVN can be corrected in the bank, but for NIN, I doubt it.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Reduce My Age In All Documents? by 1forall: 4:16pm On Apr 06, 2021
Don't bother lying, your secondary school attendance dates will always give you away.
Re: Is It Advisable To Reduce My Age In All Documents? by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:30pm On Apr 06, 2021
OP start learning relevant IT skills now. No one cares about your age or nada in that industry and it pays really well.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Reduce My Age In All Documents? by The5DME(m): 7:32pm On Apr 06, 2021
Werey op. You'll regret it if you do it.
Re: Is It Advisable To Reduce My Age In All Documents? by TRADELYN: 8:24pm On Apr 06, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
OP start learning relevant IT skills now. No one cares about your age or nada in that industry and it pays really well.
Please state the skills.
Re: Is It Advisable To Reduce My Age In All Documents? by Gerrard59(m): 12:10pm On Apr 07, 2021
SweetVibe:
I will be graduating from the university this Year at the age of 25 but I already have extra year which means I can only graduate next year at the age of 26.
My school is very slow to mobilize student for NYSC which means I will finish my NYSC at the age of 28.You all know how the Nigeria Job market discriminate alot.

I was born in 1996 which is well written in my WAEC, NIN, BVN, FSLC, JAMB and School document but am thinking of reducing my date of birth to year 2000 which was what I use for my Voters Card.
please do you think this is a good move or should I forget about this idea and continue using my real date of birth.
I need your opinions please.
Seun Mynd44 lalasticlala dominique Crazyman 1forall

Except you intend to pursue jobs in the public sector, it's pointless to do a change of age because private employers refer to the bold to ascertain your accurate age during recruitment.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Telegram Group For Job Vacancies In Lagos / Pursue My Career Or Japa / Accomodation For This Jobs is available: Jobless? Better Apply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.