Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? (21409 Views)

How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? / Hair Dressing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? / Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 23, 2021
Hello my people of nairaland, so many of you guys know me here,but really most don't know me when it comes to reality.

There is something bothering my mind and I seriously need advice from wiser people,by the grace of God I will be a graduate next year
(Electrical and Electronic Engineering) in one of the universities in north,but seriously for some times now have been having some deep taughts of how hard life might be after school, because honestly I don't have anybody, no connection nothing nothing.

So recently, a friend of mine whose dad is an army,came to our school then on sighting me he just started calling me GENERAL,at first I was not taking it serious coz I never for once taught of joining army,but the man was damn serious,just today I saw his text msg and in his texts he seriously want me to join on a short service style, he was even assuring me of how easy he was going to make it happen, like am
seriously confuse!!!!

please has anybody gone for the short service training before?

what are the requirements?

NOTE AM 21YRS

so, i needed your advice all because i know there are wiser people here,God bless you all

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? by TundeWX: 2:56pm On Nov 23, 2021
There's an Army SSC thread here...about 903 pages long...read it all and you'll find all the answers ur searching for

94 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? by 27yo(m): 3:05pm On Nov 23, 2021
My elder brother lasted 3 months

I hope you last longer

Modified:
Yes he was killed barely 3 months after he completed his training.
Bokoharam killed him.
His friend told me after so much persuasion.
Till date, the Nigerian Army has not called to inform my family.
My elder brother practically died for nothing. I'm not even sure he was paid for the 3 months.
After going from one barracks to another here in Lagos, with officers avoiding me like a plague, I was later told to travel to Maidugri for his belongings ( you can imagine sad )
One officer was saying that we should go to the senator from my state to help us get his benefits ( If any angry ) meaning NO STRUCTURE, NO CLEAR DIRECTION...

221 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? by Lagosianswag: 3:06pm On Nov 23, 2021
It's honourable to answer the call to duty for your country cool

The dilemma is how appreciative is the government towards service men & women

27 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? by Racoon(m): 3:06pm On Nov 23, 2021
Regular combatant, DRC, DSSC or SD are all one way ticket to the other side of life in today's Nigerian military. Your family must have signed you off or away to embark on this journey of uncertainty or no return.

94 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Nov 23, 2021
Hmmmm
Rip seyi (22yrs old)(army, bread winner)
Rip bayo. (28yrs old) (army, bread winner /only child)

136 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? by TempUser: 3:06pm On Nov 23, 2021
Ehen naw, if you wan die young for Nigeria grin

Best if your name sounds nothing north(ish)

Eg Joe Paul = sambisa straight 100% prob.
Edit: Kenechukwu Chukuwdubemu = Official death lipsrsealed
Ojo Samuel = sambisa straight 100% prob.

But with names like abculcodryy abculak, na office straight. grin

146 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? by Zane2point4(m): 3:06pm On Nov 23, 2021
Boko haram gladly encourages u to grin

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? by jumpshot: 3:06pm On Nov 23, 2021
The northerners join the army like it's the family business. Meanwhile if you're from the south you need connections upon connections, coupled with a lot of other factors.

My brother, if you're going to be a nuisance for the country in the long run please just let it go. Please. But if you are a man of fairness and integrity please join. We need more of you in the NA, not the current crop of idiots we have now.

94 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? by Elan83(m): 3:06pm On Nov 23, 2021
Ok

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? by arazanbal: 3:06pm On Nov 23, 2021
bro stop thinking about that army mata. seriously it bad for your health

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? by Jspider22: 3:06pm On Nov 23, 2021
Why die dey hungry you?

78 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Nov 23, 2021
Death Dey sleep.....Op won go wake am through Nigerian Army

I'll advise you to join Either Boko Boys or Bandits instead of joining the Nigerian Army....
Boko Haram wey dey share rice for community people......

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? by HonestFriend: 3:07pm On Nov 23, 2021
That's suicide... Please don't..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? by Obinnau(m): 3:07pm On Nov 23, 2021
In the end you will advise yourself on what to do, but When you eventually get there, don't molest innocent citizens.

10 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? by caution001: 3:07pm On Nov 23, 2021
go and hear sapa

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? by nairaman66(m): 3:07pm On Nov 23, 2021
Maybe you should give it a thought! From your statements it’s obvious you have somebody to help you out. Whatever your decisions, do have fun and stay positive out there! It is a cold world

6 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? by arazanbal: 3:07pm On Nov 23, 2021
bro stop thinking about that army mata. seriously it bad for ur health

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? by Leverage2021: 3:08pm On Nov 23, 2021
Rip in advance

If shit good e for nor reach dog hand

The uncle calling you general is serious actually not because he cares about you but because it is really easy to enter the deserted army

12 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? by Thebigheart: 3:08pm On Nov 23, 2021
The decision is solely by you. So take the decision by yourself. All these social media advice will either make you or maim you.

7 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? by STEWpid(f): 3:08pm On Nov 23, 2021
Notwithstanding, always remember the following in any of your decision:

Bandutta
Bomko haramites
Heyesen
ungunmen gun
Paid ambush
& the naijarian pipu.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? by JavaScript90: 3:09pm On Nov 23, 2021
young man you want to return in body bag?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? by Obynopositive: 3:09pm On Nov 23, 2021
yes if u be northerner... cos e sure u say na lagos u go serve... wink wink if u be ibo or yoruba , na sambisa be ur base ooo

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? by phayvoursky(m): 3:09pm On Nov 23, 2021
One of my guy dey plan to leave army next year. Baba was shot in sambisa last year.

Na trouble you dey find so. Why not join the Navy?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? by Kharol1234: 3:09pm On Nov 23, 2021
Do you have the strength for it?
Re: Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? by Theunbothered: 3:09pm On Nov 23, 2021
What course did you study?

That is what your job will likely be.

Remember the "short" is misleading.

The service obligation is 12 years minimum from the day you graduate.

10 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? by yellowgarri2(m): 3:09pm On Nov 23, 2021
Go for it
Re: Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? by AkumTemi: 3:10pm On Nov 23, 2021
You will be qualified to apply for DSSC as a graduate of Engineering and you will be commissioned a lieutenant upon completion of your six months course. You can apply you will have a good career progression once you are good at your job and loyal to your superiors. Good luck ahead.

10 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? by Oritna94(m): 3:11pm On Nov 23, 2021
Hmmm. E be like say you want to join your ancestors sharp sharp. No wahala. It is your choice.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? by Gadafii: 3:11pm On Nov 23, 2021
It's advisable to avoid the army complete, it's a Shadow of it's former self

Army wey boys dey desert anyhow on daily, na him u dey reason, army boys wey Boko Haram terrorists and Iswap fighters take dey learn how to shoot ak47 na him dey hungry you

Army that has been reduced to boys scouts by our politicians na him one old man wey don live him own life dey encourage you?

Has the old wicked man enlisted his own son in the same army he wants you to join

Look, young man the nigerian army of old days that did wonders in other countries is not what we have today, these guys there just want to flex muscles innocent civilians and while they shiit their pants on sighting terrorists.

If you don't know what to do, enter site and be hustle 2k daily, God will see you thru, if you know the number of soldiers that die steady that the army lie about and secretly bury in Mass graves, u go swear for that old man

45 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Which One Will You Choose And Why? / FG plans massive downsizing of Immigrations, Prisons officers / 60,000 Construction Workers Lose Jobs In 4 Months - Vanguard News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.