Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,563 members, 7,837,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board (24645 Views)

Tinubu’s Ministerial Gyrations Fail To Inspire By Punch Editorial Board / Buhari Lays ‘booby Traps’ For Incoming Government; By Punch Editorial Board / Ochereome Nnanna's Tribalistic Facebook Posts (Chairman Vanguard Editorial Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board by Decent09(m): 11:28am On Mar 31, 2021
[quote author=adenigga post=100349802]

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/house-of-reps-provocative-hijab-bill/%3famp[/quote

Oga it only polarized your mind, and I think the Nigerian constitution is explicit in given go ahead to all Nigerians to practice their religion. To that, everything you want to wear just wear it, in as much as cover your body.
Re: House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board by Ojiofor: 11:37am On Mar 31, 2021
All these islamist should go and rest with this their political Hijab they want to enforce into our schools. Introduction of Hijab in our schools is academic Jihad.

1 Like

Re: House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board by vanvino(m): 11:42am On Mar 31, 2021
There's a reason why many countries seperate church from state matters after Midieval period, cos no matter how much someone says na God send me God will never come down and say i didn't send him but as long as any idiot says he's doing it in the name of the Lord people are willing to abandon not just reason but comon sense. This is how Dangote started today eagle cement is gone, He is the only one with a functioning Rifinary & if there's a closed border he will be the only one to passed, is okay...soon our constitution will not matter but what our Religious Leaders says..............what can i say....... is just a one man opinion
Re: House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board by actright2(m): 11:45am On Mar 31, 2021
Where is the tolerance in disallowing anyone willing to use the veil;
Where is the justice;
Where is the fairness;
Where is the equality before the law?
Re: House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board by sammyj: 11:48am On Mar 31, 2021
They are also included in the bill. The traditional religion is not excluded in the bill. So if they want to destroy the school let the game begin. shocked
tutudesz:
Waiting for the traditionalist bill too. Every Religion should be protected by Law and no Religion is superior to the other undecided
Re: House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board by maasoap(m): 11:49am On Mar 31, 2021
Racoon:
Well said. "What this stupid bill means is that even the private Christian universities built/managed with their monies would now have to "accommodate" Muslims and hijabis against their set up rules."

I mean, why would you intolerant bunch have problem with someone covering her heads with a piece of cloth? Even USA, UK don't criminalise or victimise Muslim girls for wearing a piece of cloth on their heads.
What do you stand to lose? How does it hurt you?

1 Like

Re: House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board by actright2(m): 11:52am On Mar 31, 2021
Where is the tolerance in disallowing anyone willing to use the veil;
Where is the justice;
Where is the fairness;
Where is the equality before the law?
Re: House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board by Princealoba(m): 11:54am On Mar 31, 2021
I attended a Christian named school, and Muslims wore hijab...
What's this madness about hijab denial sef (Is it not a government school)?

1 Like

Re: House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board by holywind(m): 11:59am On Mar 31, 2021
onoms4luv:
can the government just banned religion??
you made a lot of sense, that would have solved 70% of nigeria's problems
Re: House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board by banmee(m): 11:59am On Mar 31, 2021
Jaqenhghar:
That's how it starts
1st allow us to wear hijab
Then

All of you must wear hijab

Then wear hijab or die

Classic depiction of the thought process of a musulumi.
Re: House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board by Demmzy15(m): 11:59am On Mar 31, 2021
kokomilala:
Very hideous, offensive and irresponsible from these irresponsibles who pretend to be the respresentatives of the people.Well,for me ,it's still part of the insidous islamization of Nigeria.I once opined it here that this government was pursuing an Islamic agenda and some idiot here offensively countered my claim.
A dissolution of this lie called Nigeria is for me simplistic and practicable.These northerners want Sharia Law in a religiously diverse country.How does that work?The best thing is for the South to pull away from their atavistic and antediluvian cultures .
Yoruba Christian! Do you think if you the South pulls out of Nigeria, Southern Yorùbá Muslims won't demand for their Hijab? grin Do you really think we're stupid or something? All the cases of Hijab had nothing to do with the North but South West, we've had Hijab cases all in Lagos, Oyo, Ogun and now Kwara. If you pull out of Nigeria, that won't wouldn't stop the fact the we'll demand all our rights eyin oparo buruku
Re: House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board by Nobody: 12:00pm On Mar 31, 2021
how can you include wearing of an hijab in a constitution of multi national country like Nigeria it's never going to work!!

1 Like

Re: House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board by Demmzy15(m): 12:06pm On Mar 31, 2021
Grgton:
how can you include wearing of an hijab in a constitution of multi national country like Nigeria it's never going to work!!
Yorùbá Christian, Muslims have been wearing Hijab before they gave birth to your grandfather and we'll continue wearing it. Them no born 10,000 of you we'll to stop our women from wearing Hijab, una think say una get wahala. Just be watching, some of you are just so stupid, you'll soon know whether Nigeria is a national country or multinational country werey omo ale
Re: House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board by Nobody: 12:14pm On Mar 31, 2021
Demmzy15:
Yorùbá Christian, Muslims have been wearing Hijab before they gave birth to your grandfather and we'll continue wearing it. Them no born 10,000 of you we'll to stop our women from wearing Hijab, una think say una get wahala. Just be watching, some of you are just so stupid, you'll soon know whether Nigeria is a national country or multinational country werey omo ale
hey nobody is stopping you from wearing that piece of garment! but the point is, making it a law in a country like this, it's won't work.. you can't force it, there are segmentation of various institutions, that don't allow any Religion attire.... it's stupid to make wearing of hijab a law. let me even ask; what is the agenda for this the way Ruga was about to be forced on people
Re: House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board by Demmzy15(m): 12:19pm On Mar 31, 2021
Grgton:
hey nobody is stopping you from wearing that piece of garment! but the point is, making it a law in a country like this, it's won't work.. you can't force it, there are segmentation of various institutions, that don't allow any Religion attire.... it's stupid to make wearing of hijab a law. let me even ask; what is the agenda for this the way Ruga was about to be forced on people
The Hijab to be worn by who again? You or Muslims?
Re: House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board by Nobody: 12:28pm On Mar 31, 2021
Demmzy15:
The Hijab to be worn by who again? You or Muslims?
i dont care whoever is wearing it, it should'nt be my concern... THE BOTTOM LINE IS, WEAR IT IN A PLACE IT'S ALLOWED OR WELLCOMED. it should'nt be a law. Now i hope it's clear
Re: House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board by Demmzy15(m): 12:33pm On Mar 31, 2021
Grgton:
i dont care whoever is wearing it, it should'nt be my concern... THE BOTTOM LINE IS, WEAR IT IN A PLACE IT'S ALLOWED OR WELLCOMED. it should'nt be a law. Now i hope it's clear
Then you dumb, you shouldn't be flexing unnecessary muscles over a clothing for Muslims and has always been for Muslims Yorùbá Christian!
Re: House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board by Nobody: 12:35pm On Mar 31, 2021
sammyj:
They are also included in the bill. The traditional religion is not excluded in the bill. So if they want to destroy the school let the game begin. shocked
Traditional is just a smoke screen and you know it.

When i. was in NYSC camp the soldiers and authorities instructed us that traditional worship wasn't accepted by nigeria consistitution and any one caught praying with iron or stone would be dealt with

when they say allow all religion do so and so, we all know it's talking about Islam unless you want to claim ignorant

Go-to the north where they run parallel Sharia government and laws, where a sitting governor boasts of amputation for blasphemy in a secular nation.

it is the north that manufactured a Sharia cjn for a secular state

But we would never hear your voices in all these, or they are always irrelevant when they have their way and turn things on their head

The only thing is to stop the madness from happening but people like you would want to be politically correct
Re: House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board by Tumbulum: 12:58pm On Mar 31, 2021
Quitam:
Mtwwww. What an uninformed editorial! Why should a major national daily be voicing out such divisive comments?
First of all, the bill is an all encompassing one, it can be in favor of all religions. But it's mind boggling how Punch decided to turn it to a hijab issue. Nobody is forcing anyone to wear the hijab. It is absurd why many Nigerian christians are so obsessed about it, when their brothers/sisters in faith don't give a damn about such issues
its a Christian school. Leave our schools founded by our missionaries and go to schools that were founded by Mohammad. Its not too hard to do.
Re: House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board by Nobody: 1:04pm On Mar 31, 2021
Demmzy15:
Then you dumb, you shouldn't be flexing unnecessary muscles over a clothing for Muslims and has always been for Muslims Yorùbá Christian!
all of you can wear it to hell, rubbish. i cant flex muscles on unnecessary topic, because its literally not making sense to even think of making such a law....
The same hijab conspicuously used for suicide bombing or which
Re: House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board by Quitam: 1:13pm On Mar 31, 2021
Tumbulum:
its a Christian school. Leave our schools founded by our missionaries and go to schools that were founded by Mohammad. Its not too hard to do.
If you're referring to the recent crisis in Kwara, then your assertion is wrong because the state government is insisting on its ownership of the schools. If the govt decides to hand such schools back to the christian missionaries, they might decide to impose their dress code. But even that might be contested in the courts of law. Muslims who choose to study in christian schools like Covenant etc will have to obey the rules there.
Re: House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board by kokomilala(m): 1:19pm On Mar 31, 2021
@Demmzy, whatever! If the South West moslems demand their hijab,they might as well ask for a partitioning of their own state,like Pakistan,where they can practise their ineffable religion.The problem with moslems is that they are sick with always trying to force their dark religion on others.In a multi-religious society like Nigeria,some sick bigots are trying to impose sick Sharia Law over constitutional law. That's why we are not one! And,it's best we go our separate ways.Just look at the see-saw dichotomy of progress between India and Pakistan.India got her independence in 1947,when Indian moslems moved to form Pakistan.But Pakistan is riduled and bastardized with military rule.Aside that,it's become a haven for terrorists.In contrast,India is making great strides. It's now the 4th economy that China is watching its shoulders over.
Re: House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board by Nobody: 1:30pm On Mar 31, 2021
Racoon:
Well said. "What this stupid bill means is that even the private Christian universities built/managed with their monies would now have to "accommodate" Muslims and hijabis against their set up rules."
You people are the most selfish creature on earth. Are Christians not roaming about half naked as taught in their culture & religion in our schools & our society?
Dullard people deviating from their religion just to look different from Muslims. Who cares when u rendered ur religion as a symbol of sex and indecency just to look different.
Hijab is the right of Muslims who are willing to use it, Hijab just means "cover", the Hijab use by students is just to cover their head to the shoulder and nothing more.
If u want live naked nobody cares; the moral value of decency and reasoning is what differentiate us with animals. You can't just be using technicalities of the saying that the idea of uniform is to look unique just to deprive Muslims their right.
If not because of extremism how is it a problem for a Muslim to wear his religious attire in a school managed by Christians in as much as the dressing is decent?
So u want to tell us that the principles and rules on which Christian schools are established only allowed immodest, skimpy, provocative, pervasive dressing?
Re: House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board by terabyte002: 1:33pm On Mar 31, 2021
Some people just to love arguing over issues that are well beyond their control for hatred, sarcastic and baseless reasons.
Are we now saying Christian members in the federal house of reps are stupid as some of you commenting without any reasonable justification.
The Hijab most of you here are wasting your saliva over n over, running your mouths like a loose brass tap is part of islamic culture and a model for Muslim Women worldwide.
I don't know if to call all these noise a jealousy or somewhat that there is unified symbol for Christianity than imaginative pictures of Mary and Jesus.
This same Hijab are borrowed by female Christians from their Muslim friends , some even buy it for fashion sake and wear it without anyone suspecting if they are Muslim or Christians.
If CAN is stupid For misleading you guys, why not borrow unaself some sense.
Re: House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board by saintmm(m): 1:57pm On Mar 31, 2021
those of us in the know of subtle islamization agenda of the core Muslims and deafening compromise of silence by the so-called liberal Christian playing political correctness and forming being diplomatic on this issue are not surprised. but as someone posited above, the liberty and liberality you are enjoying is on the back of the strength of Christianity. open your eyes and let it be eroded, then you will understand first-hand the real meaning of jihad.

I rise
Re: House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board by sammyj: 2:09pm On Mar 31, 2021
Its seems you are either ignorant, never read through my comment or just want to vent your anger on someone if you are referring to my comment. FYA, You should know I am not in support of that useless bill if you really read in between the line of my comment. I was only being sarcastic !! cool.
Mikecold:
Traditional is just a smoke screen and you know it.

When i. was in NYSC camp the soldiers and authorities instructed us that traditional worship wasn't accepted by nigeria consistitution and any one caught praying with iron or stone would be dealt with

when they say allow all religion do so and so, we all know it's talking about Islam unless you want to claim ignorant

Go-to the north where they run parallel Sharia government and laws, where a sitting governor boasts of amputation for blasphemy in a secular nation.

it is the north that manufactured a Sharia cjn for a secular state

But we would never hear your voices in all these, or they are always irrelevant when they have their way and turn things on their head

The only thing is to stop the madness from happening but people like you would want to be politically correct
Re: House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board by Goditto(m): 2:11pm On Mar 31, 2021
Bouz:
Apc change, grin grin. If goodluck had been in aso rock, atleast we would only be complaining about looting, Omo buhari is giving us upper cut from all angles. cry. Thanks to the south west. with their block head. angry.
The dude just packaged this one and sneeked out to London.
Re: House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board by ayinba1(f): 2:37pm On Mar 31, 2021
adenigga:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/house-of-reps-provocative-hijab-bill/%3famp

It is exhausting to listen to Nigerians complain about girls wearing hijab. How exactly does a head covering worn by a muslim girl impact your own life?

Punch is definitely using its reach for something that benefits no one.
Re: House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board by Kingspin(m): 2:50pm On Mar 31, 2021
Kagarko:

24TH MARCH,2021
PRESS RELEASE

PERPETRATORS OF DEMOLISHED MOSQUE AT BISHOP SMITH MEMORIAL COLLEGE MUST BE BROUGHT TO BOOK -- MURIC KWARA CHAPTER

When all well meaning people and lovers of peace in Ilorin, Kwara State and beyond are heaving a sigh of relief that the tension created throughout last week over the refusal of some public schools in Ilorin to allow female Muslims to use Hijab has come to an end, Muslim Staffs and Students of Bishop Smith Memorial College were taken aback when they resumed for work on Tuesday,23rd March,2021. They met the Students' mosque demolished and all the mosque facilities carted away. Other items like Mosque mats, Water container and Kettles used for ablution were all destroyed and make sure not fit for use anymore. Those behind this unholy act know fully well that this mosque serves the Muslim Staffs and Students in the school. They are also not unaware that those items destroyed and facilities carted away play a major role in Muslim act of worship. Hence, it is calculated attempt to prevent from practicing their religion. This is nothing but religious hostility which amount to breach of Fundamental Human Right of Religion guaranteed under the Nigerian Constitution.

MURIC had in our earlier press release issued by MURIC's headquarters called the attention of civil organizations and other well meaning Nigerians to what is happening in Ilorin,Kwara State and advise that CAN,Kwara Chapter be called to order. But,it seems CAN, Kwara State is heedless and hell bent on legitimizing violence in the State in the name of religion. This religious attack on Muslim worship center by CAN, Kwara Chapter is a clear attempt to compromise freedom of Religion in the State particularly in the Muslim dominated city of Ilorin. And the perpetrators of this act must be brought to book otherwise same will be repeated in other places. This may ignite a counter response from the Muslim faithfuls and as a result degenerate to violence capable of causing break down of law and order in the State.

We use this medium to call on all Muslims in the State to be law abiding and to maintain peace even in the face of extreme provocations from the people on the other side. We will employ all lawful means to resist any attempt to infringe on the right of female Muslims to use Hijab and likewise the Muslim rights to worship in the schools in issue.

MURIC Kwara Chapter calls on Kwara State Government or Ministry of Education to investigate those behind the demolition of the Mosque and appropriate punishment be metted out to the Culprits. We also request that the demolished mosque be rebuilt with all the carted facilities replaced. The kettles,praying mats,water containers and other items destroyed should be replaced with new ones.

Barrister Taofeek Jaji,
Chairman,
Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC)
Kwara State Chapter.
How many people will die in the hands of Islamic terrorists like Boko Haram, bandits, Fulani herdsmen killers before they stop killing innocent people, women and children.

Stop looking for trouble, if the entire South down tools and face Fulani terrorists, they will not escape it. The country burn.

Stop provoking others because of your extremism.

1 Like

Re: House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board by Bluntemperor: 4:02pm On Mar 31, 2021
[quote author=Racoon post=100349963]Well said. "What this stupid bill means is that even the private Christian universities built/managed with their monies would now have to "accommodate" Muslims and hijabis against their set up rules."
[/quote'

What has 'hijab' got to do with scientific research and going to the moon! When those schools were being established,did they say 'hijab' is part of their uniforms or why can't you just let peace be! Diversionary tactics everywhere.
We have very unserious bunch of members in that House,who have nothing to contribute.They should just resign and come back home!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

EFCC Invites Akpabio For Fresh Questioning Over Multi-Billion Naira Fraud / Governor Abiodun Inspects The Ongoing Reconstruction Of Mowe-Ofada Road / Cross Section Of Kogi West Reconciliation Meeting With Gov Adeleke, Dino (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.