Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,156 members, 7,818,497 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

Ogun Governorship Election:ppn Ready To Work With Any Party - Daniel •presidenti - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun Governorship Election:ppn Ready To Work With Any Party - Daniel •presidenti (916 Views)

INEC Declares Apc’s Amosun Winner Of Ogun Governorship Election / Full Ogun Governorship Election Results / Dimeji Bankole Kicked Out Of Ogun Governorship Race 24hrs To Primary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ogun Governorship Election:ppn Ready To Work With Any Party - Daniel •presidenti by seleroms: 10:28am On Apr 17, 2011
Ogun State governor, Chief Gbenga Daniel, on Saturday, said the possibility of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and Peoples Party of Nigeria (PPN) working together in the state ahead of the forthcoming gubernatorial election could not be ruled out, but disclosed that the PPN’s governorship candidate in the state, Alhaji Gboyega Isiaka, would not withdraw from the race.

The governor stressed that both parties are members of the same family, adding that presently he was supporting PPN and its governorship candidate.

Chief Daniel stated this while addressing newsmen after casting his vote, during the presidential election, at his Isote Ward in Sagamu.

According to him, “As of today, I am supporting PPN and Alhaji Gboyega Nasir Isiaka for the position of next governor of Ogun State. That is my position, which means I am supporting PPN.

“Let me also say that I do not see any possibility of withdrawal by Gboyega Nasir Isiaka, but we can work with any other party if they want to support him.

“It will be quite exciting and the reason is very simple, in all our years we have stood by the truth, probity and equity and there is a minimum ways things must be done.

“I do not think the candidacy of our brother is credible, because he has a lot of baggage. I cannot with all sincerity, as a governor of Ogun State, start campaigning for such a person. I think that that ticket is faulty, even if there is any opportunity for us to take a second look at that ticket, it is still faulty. It is not possible for me at this stage to support that ticket.

I have delivered my responsibility to the president today. I have voted for the president and we pray that he will emerge. From this time on, it is PPN all the way.”

Speaking on the low turnout of voters in some parts of the state for the presidential election, Governor Daniel said, the apathy could be as a result of people thinking they were not directly touched, saying the coming gubernatorial and House of Assembly elections would witness massive turnout of voters.

Also commenting on the issue of voters’ apathy towards the election, the Senator-elect for Ogun East, Chief Gbenga Kaka told Sunday Tribune that the grass roots people might be thinking they were not directly involved.

Some of the polling centres visited by Sunday Tribune at Ago Iwoye and Ijebu Igbo in Ijebu North Local Government Area of the state recorded insignificant number of voters.

A few voters interviewed in the town attributed the unimpressive turnout to poor voter’s education, stressing that politicians in the areas did little or nothing to mobilise voters for the election.

However, voters trooped out en masse in Sagamu, Ijebu Ode, Abeokuta, Ayetoro and other parts of Yewa axis of the state.

http://tribune.com.ng/sun/index.php/news/3688-ogun-governorship-electionppn-ready-to-work-with-any-party-daniel-presidential-election-in-ogun-records-low-turnout

(1) (Reply)

12-year-old Boy Killed For Rituals In Niger State / Benue Acn Chieftain Assassinated / Seadogs Plan Elaborate 77th Birthday For Soyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.