Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,988 members, 7,835,318 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

Abe Knocks Amaechi Over Zoning Of Rivers’ APC Governorship Ticket - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abe Knocks Amaechi Over Zoning Of Rivers’ APC Governorship Ticket (1402 Views)

Asari Dokubo Mocks Amaechi Over Tinubu Victory.Give Accolades To Gov. Wike (vid) / Senators Disagree With Amaechi Over Nigeria-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others / 2019: Wike Mocks Cole, Amaechi Over Supreme Court Judgment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abe Knocks Amaechi Over Zoning Of Rivers’ APC Governorship Ticket by kcmichael: 6:23pm On Mar 31, 2021
Former Senator Magnus Abe has chastised Rotimi Amaechi, the Minister of Transportation, for agreeing to zone the All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship ticket to the state’s riverine region.

It was announced that during a meeting with party supporters in Ogu-bolo, Amaechi urged residents of the state’s riverine region to prepare for the zoning of the governorship ticket to the region.

Abe responded by disagreeing with the minister’s comment, claiming that it was too early to speculate about which zone would produce the party’s next governorship candidate.

In a speech to his supporters in Port Harcourt on Tuesday, Abe argued that the APC had yet to develop its administrative structures, claiming that no single person could impose or zone governorship ticket for the party.

“When the minister of transportation arrived in Khana, he made a strong impression. He said that every member of the party would be involved in the decision-making process.

Last week, the same minister was in Ogu bolo, where he announced that the party’s governorship candidate will hail from the state’s riverine region.

I’d like to point out that the minister’s Ogu bolo zoning remark was his own opinion.

“As a person, he cannot choose the region or zone from which the party’s governorship candidate will emerge.

He noted that the zoning of the APC governorship ticket should be a consensus and joint decision by all party members.

Magnus Abe

1 Share

Re: Abe Knocks Amaechi Over Zoning Of Rivers’ APC Governorship Ticket by comycon: 6:42pm On Mar 31, 2021
The fight is about to begin
Re: Abe Knocks Amaechi Over Zoning Of Rivers’ APC Governorship Ticket by joycedap: 6:52pm On Mar 31, 2021
Battle of thief's
Re: Abe Knocks Amaechi Over Zoning Of Rivers’ APC Governorship Ticket by SweetVibe: 7:23pm On Mar 31, 2021
Amaechi is right, let the riverine people produce the next governor. River state is not a property of the Ikwerre tribe.

2 Likes

Re: Abe Knocks Amaechi Over Zoning Of Rivers’ APC Governorship Ticket by seanfer(m): 7:41pm On Mar 31, 2021
Abe and co didn’t know that other tribes using the Ogonis to counter others in rivers state will never trust them with the Governorship seat.
It was an Ogoni man Wike used to disqualify Dumo Lulu Briggs of accord party. Same Ogoni man was the Deputy to the AA candidate at the last minute he deny his party and went for a press conference where he support the PDP.
Abe was used to disqualify the APC candidate all these happened in 2019.
Now tell me how any party/politician will trust them with the power seat.

3 Likes

Re: Abe Knocks Amaechi Over Zoning Of Rivers’ APC Governorship Ticket by garfield1: 7:47pm On Mar 31, 2021
seanfer:
Abe and co didn’t know that other tribes using the Ogonis to counter others in rivers state will never trust them with the Governorship seat.
It was an Ogoni man Wike used to disqualify Dumo Lulu Briggs of accord party. Same Ogoni man was the Deputy to the AA candidate at the last minute he deny his party and went for a press conference where he support the PDP.
Abe was used to disqualify the APC candidate all these happened in 2019.
Now tell me how any party/politician will trust them with the power seat.
.I tire oh.ordinarily, Abe is the best apc has but him dissenting with amechi is weakening apc
Re: Abe Knocks Amaechi Over Zoning Of Rivers’ APC Governorship Ticket by seanfer(m): 9:25pm On Mar 31, 2021
garfield1:

.I tire oh.ordinarily, Abe is the best apc has but him dissenting with amechi is weakening apc

It will take them a divine intervention or a case where a Governor will be impeached before they will get to that seat. No serious party will be willing to make them deputy in 2023
Re: Abe Knocks Amaechi Over Zoning Of Rivers’ APC Governorship Ticket by seanfer(m): 9:27pm On Mar 31, 2021
garfield1:

Abe is still in the APC because of the federal appointment given to him. All his loyalists left the party after the Supreme Court judgement last month. I’m sure ones Bubu relieve him of that NNPC board member. He will decamp to PDP.
Re: Abe Knocks Amaechi Over Zoning Of Rivers’ APC Governorship Ticket by garfield1: 9:36pm On Mar 31, 2021
seanfer:

Abe is still in the APC because of the federal appointment given to him. All his loyalists left the party after the Supreme Court judgement last month. I’m sure ones Bubu relieve him of that NNPC board member. He will decamp to PDP.
Gbam
Re: Abe Knocks Amaechi Over Zoning Of Rivers’ APC Governorship Ticket by garfield1: 9:37pm On Mar 31, 2021
seanfer:

It will take them a divine intervention or a case where a Governor will be impeached before they will get to that seat. No serious party will be willing to make them deputy in 2023
I thin that apc guber candidate should be riverine and deputy from ogoni
Re: Abe Knocks Amaechi Over Zoning Of Rivers’ APC Governorship Ticket by seanfer(m): 9:46pm On Mar 31, 2021
garfield1:

I thin that apc guber candidate should be riverine and deputy from ogoni

APC might pick their deputy from Kalabari. Remember they’re also marginalized. Rivers APC will not pick Ogoni as deputy. Wike is rooting for Austin Okpara and if he gets the ticket PDP may pick Ogoni Deputy.
Interesting times ahead in rivers politicking and that’s the reason Wike made Ikwerre man the state chief judge instead of the Abuah/Oduah woman who is the most senior judge in the state.
Re: Abe Knocks Amaechi Over Zoning Of Rivers’ APC Governorship Ticket by Eastlink(m): 10:06pm On Mar 31, 2021
Governorship going to Riverine is a welcome development but not Kalabari. Instead of Kalabari to produce Governor, it's better Ogoni have it.

Amaechi is a smart politician and might give Dakuku Peterside another run for Governorship.
Re: Abe Knocks Amaechi Over Zoning Of Rivers’ APC Governorship Ticket by garfield1: 10:41pm On Mar 31, 2021
seanfer:

APC might pick their deputy from Kalabari. Remember they’re also marginalized. Rivers APC will not pick Ogoni as deputy. Wike is rooting for Austin Okpara and if he gets the ticket PDP may pick Ogoni Deputy.
Interesting times ahead in rivers politicking and that’s the reason Wike made Ikwerre man the state chief judge instead of the Abuah/Oduah woman who is the most senior judge in the state.

Where is Austin opara from? Is he ikwerre? I was thinking that he will make Felix obuah or his chief of staff governor.the only person wike can bring that will withstand apc will be Felix obuah.any other person will be brutally suppressed by amechi...

Kslabari is still part of riverine na and that is where apc guber candidate will come from.if pdp pick their deputy from ogoni,it will likely be the current senator representing them who was in apc as a reps member.can't remember his name.2023,rivers is apc for the taking
Re: Abe Knocks Amaechi Over Zoning Of Rivers’ APC Governorship Ticket by seanfer(m): 10:56pm On Mar 31, 2021
garfield1:

Where is Austin opara from? Is he ikwerre? I was thinking that he will make Felix obuah or his chief of staff governor.the only person wike can bring that will withstand apc will be Felix obuah.any other person will be brutally suppressed by amechi...

Kslabari is still part of riverine na and that is where apc guber candidate will come from.if pdp pick their deputy from ogoni,it will likely be the current senator representing them who was in apc as a reps member.can't remember his name.2023,rivers is apc for the taking

Austin Opara is Ikwerre even the chief of staff is from Emohua which also Ikwerre. Felix Obuah and Wike are not close like before. As at now Wike have control of the state PDP Exco. The PDP LGA chairman candidates in forthcoming LGA elections are handpicked by the Governor. As at today Uche Secondus who is the PSP National Chairman didn’t have a single candidate among the aspirants. Can you believe that Chidi Lyod who decamped to PDP late last year is the PDP chairman candidate in Emohua LGA. Wike wants to be the Governor underground after his 8 years. This is the main reason he wants Secondus gone as PDP chairman
I see implosion in the rivers PDP before the 2023 election.
Re: Abe Knocks Amaechi Over Zoning Of Rivers’ APC Governorship Ticket by seanfer(m): 11:00pm On Mar 31, 2021
garfield1:

Kslabari is still part of riverine na and that is where apc guber candidate will come from.if pdp pick their deputy from ogoni,it will likely be the current senator representing them who was in apc as a reps member.can't remember his name. 2023,rivers is apc for the taking

Barry Mpigi is the Senator. They’ve all been sidelined in the politics of the state. And they’re also forming an underground alliance to counter whatever the Governor is planning. Once Austin Okpara gets the ticket that will be the end of PDP in rivers.
Re: Abe Knocks Amaechi Over Zoning Of Rivers’ APC Governorship Ticket by garfield1: 11:06pm On Mar 31, 2021
seanfer:

Austin Opara is Ikwerre even the chief of staff is from Emohua which also Ikwerre. Felix Obuah and Wike are not close like before. As at now Wike have control of the state PDP Exco. The PDP LGA chairman candidates in forthcoming LGA elections are handpicked by the Governor. As at today Uche Secondus who is the PSP National Chairman didn’t have a single candidate among the aspirants. Can you believe that Chidi Lyod who decamped to PDP late last year is the PDP chairman candidate in Emohua LGA. Wike wants to be the Governor underground after his 8 years. This is the main reason he wants Secondus gone as PDP chairman
I see implosion in the rivers PDP before the 2023 election.

You are so knowledgeable on rives politics like skengman.wike desperation to impose somebody will divide pdp in 2023 coupled with his attack on obigbo which has turned igbos against him.again,he will focus on national politics which will distract him...
It is a shameful thing for Lloyd to stoop so low and be a chairman.I blame amechi partly,he should have given him a federal appointment long ago...
Luckily,apc is now uniting which is very crucial.ojukaye amachree should be brought back as chairman.wike keeping the guber in ikwerre will turn most militants against him going by asari dokubo's latest comments.amechi need to install the next vc of uniport as a bulk of inec adhoc staffs will be from there

1 Like

Re: Abe Knocks Amaechi Over Zoning Of Rivers’ APC Governorship Ticket by garfield1: 11:10pm On Mar 31, 2021
seanfer:

Barry Mpigi is the Senator. They’ve all been sidelined in the politics of the state. And they’re also forming an underground alliance to counter whatever the Governor is planning. Once Austin Okpara gets the ticket that will be the end of PDP in rivers.

Yes,Barry mpigi.amaechi helped him into the house of reps.apc needs to retain ogoni alongside oyigbo,etche and ahoada in order to isolate ikwerre land.I know that amaechi will deliver his ikwerre lga.pdp main votes will be from obalga,phalga,andoni and onelga.I don't trust okrika and ogubolo because of patience and Evans bipi
Re: Abe Knocks Amaechi Over Zoning Of Rivers’ APC Governorship Ticket by slivertongue: 12:40am On Apr 01, 2021
season two loading
Re: Abe Knocks Amaechi Over Zoning Of Rivers’ APC Governorship Ticket by seanfer(m): 3:02am On Apr 01, 2021
garfield1:

You are so knowledgeable on rives politics like skengman.wike desperation to impose somebody will divide pdp in 2023 coupled with his attack on obigbo which has turned igbos against him.again,he will focus on national politics which will distract him...
It is a shameful thing for Lloyd to stoop so low and be a chairman.I blame amechi partly,he should have given him a federal appointment long ago...
Luckily,apc is now uniting which is very crucial.ojukaye amachree should be brought back as chairman.wike keeping the guber in ikwerre will turn most militants against him going by asari dokubo's latest comments.amechi need to install the next vc of uniport as a bulk of inec adhoc staffs will be from there

At the bolded is the winning strategy APC will use to get the state.
I’ve spent the last 9 years in rivers, my wife is also from here.
Wike will fight too many battles in 2023.
Re: Abe Knocks Amaechi Over Zoning Of Rivers’ APC Governorship Ticket by garfield1: 5:21am On Apr 01, 2021
seanfer:

At the bolded is the winning strategy APC will use to get the state.
I’ve spent the last 9 years in rivers, my wife is also from here.
Wike will fight too many battles in 2023.

Wike himself knows that is why he is indirectly using the courts to disq apc from the polls.as it stands,amachree and dokubo can deliver asari roru and akuku toru,mannah and senator ideogu can deliver ahoada.apc has enough personnel in ogoni to deliver its 4 lgas.hon dike can deliver oyigbo while senator uchendu can bring etche.amechi will deliver his kalga while dakuku brings opobo nkoro.bonny and degema will follow Kalahari to apc.the most surprising result last election was abua odual going for apc heavily.I wonder how it happened.pdp can manage the remaining lgas.I still feel sad for the loss of Lloyd and emohua...

Wike has started wooing uchendu by giving his son appointment.I hope amechi moves quickly
Re: Abe Knocks Amaechi Over Zoning Of Rivers’ APC Governorship Ticket by garfield1: 5:25am On Apr 01, 2021
Eastlink:
Governorship going to Riverine is a welcome development but not Kalabari. Instead of Kalabari to produce Governor, it's better Ogoni have it.

Amaechi is a smart politician and might give Dakuku Peterside another run for Governorship.

Kslabari is not the only riverine area,okrika and ogu bolo is there.opobo and andoni and bonny are there but the best play is to give kslabari and give ogoni deputy.kslabari has far more resources than other riverine areas.once they fa for apc,the other areas will follow

(1) (Reply)

VIDEO: The Green River In Akwa Ibom State, Unbelievably Green At All Times / See The Best Nigerian President Since 1960 (photo) / Biafrans In UK Deliver Petition To British Prime Minister Boris Johnson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.