Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:39 AM

Nigerians Celebrate Pdp - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Celebrate Pdp (995 Views)

Wike, Secondus & Others Dance As They Celebrate Pdp’s Victory In Rivers (photos) / Victory At Last: Amassoma People Take To Street To Celebrate Pdp's Victory In To / 7 Interesting Ways Nigerians Celebrate Independence Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Celebrate Pdp by soldee: 4:40pm On Apr 17, 2011
After 12 years of whining, the Nigerian masses have overwhelmingly endorsed the status quo and are celebrating its extention by another four years and possibly more. For the first time, PDP gave power to the people and they gave it right back with a message 'pls do it again'. As the ruling party coasts to victory with its four-year mandate they do so with the full conviction that the people agree.

Long Live Nigeria!!
Re: Nigerians Celebrate Pdp by ayusman16(m): 4:50pm On Apr 17, 2011
Nigerians didnot vote for PDP. They chose individuals irrespective of d party who they think can perform.
Re: Nigerians Celebrate Pdp by Natasha2(f): 4:54pm On Apr 17, 2011
^^^ you are damn right I wonder when people will get to comprehend that it is not the party that matters but the human who is representing the party undecided
Re: Nigerians Celebrate Pdp by Sammy107d(m): 6:31pm On Apr 17, 2011
Natasha,,:

^^^ you are damn right I wonder when people will get to comprehend that it is not the party that matters but the human who is representing the party  undecided

This makes no freaking sense  angry. Just as a Nigerian ambassador embodies Nigeria, so is a PDP representative a personality in the order of the party. You can at least run a dictionary search on the word representative, or enlighten yourself on the historical idea behind political parties. If a self-proclaimed Democrat runs in the Republican party, will you offer him your vote as a democrat and say you're voting for the man not the party, especially when both ideologies conflict? When did people get so politically idiotic? In as much as he is the president, he still has to fulfil the mandate of the party he represents--the mandate we've all suffered for the past 12 years. Nevertheless, I refuse to give up on Nigeria. Now that I know that there's no salvation to come from the state and the ethnically bigoted, subjective and irrational people, I'll seek other windows. I wish Nigeria goodluck. Now we really need it. When offered three meals of radical change, sincerity of purpose, and goodluck, Nigerians chose goodluck. Enjoy your meal everyday for the next four years. I'm obviously bitter, and truly wish things don't remain the same. I'm just a simple Yoruba boy who cares none about tribe and hates politics. I just want a good country, because I never grew up in one. Nigerians only needed to take a good look around them, then vote. Instead, they looked at accents and attires.
Re: Nigerians Celebrate Pdp by Kobojunkie: 6:33pm On Apr 17, 2011
Natasha,,:

^^^ you are damn right I wonder when people will get to comprehend that it is not the party that matters but the human who is representing the party undecided

There is no such thing especially when you vote on who gets to be President . . . we learnt this with Obasanjo and Yar adua. Why are you mouthing the same again>>
Re: Nigerians Celebrate Pdp by Nobody: 6:37pm On Apr 17, 2011
Judging from last weekend and this weekend's election, one can assume that the people were voting for individual, not party.

The SW overwhelmingly voted for ACN last week, but PDP today. The N overwhelmingly voted for PDP last week, but same state that voted majorly for PDP last week not voted for CPC.
Re: Nigerians Celebrate Pdp by Sammy107d(m): 6:55pm On Apr 17, 2011
If a candidate is independent of any political party, then he should run as an Independent! Like Antanas Mockus of Bogota or the guys that are called the Independents in the UK parliament. There's no such thing as voting the man not the party. Only in the lop-sided thinking of Nigerians.
Re: Nigerians Celebrate Pdp by Blazay(m): 7:13pm On Apr 17, 2011
[size=20pt]Up PDP![/size]

The best party in Nigeria. grin
Gosh. . . I can't stand the other 'local' parties.
Re: Nigerians Celebrate Pdp by opalu: 7:23pm On Apr 17, 2011
ayusman16:

Nigerians didnot vote for PDP. They chose individuals irrespective of d party who they think can perform.

Natasha,,:

[size=16pt]When u wan marry make you look the person and not the family o. Umbulerra [/size]
grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians Celebrate Pdp by opalu: 7:26pm On Apr 17, 2011
Blazay:

[size=20pt]Up PDP![/size]

The best party in Nigeria. grin
Gosh. . . I can't stand the other 'local' parties.

ONE PARTY ADVOCATE.
NO WONDER YOUR IGBO PDP CHAIRMAN WAS DETHRONED FOR A MORE 'COMPETENT' ACTING HAUSA.
i doubt if Haliru can compare with EkwesiliEze in anything
Re: Nigerians Celebrate Pdp by Meddler(f): 10:48pm On Apr 17, 2011
Well I guess my generator is here to stay for another four years. What a waste of election sad
Re: Nigerians Celebrate Pdp by Natasha2(f): 4:23pm On Apr 18, 2011
opalu:

[size=16pt]When u wan marry make you look the person and not the family o. Umbulerra [/size]
grin grin grin
of cos what concerns me with his family is it them i'm getting married to
Re: Nigerians Celebrate Pdp by dayokanu(m): 4:37pm On Apr 18, 2011
May we enjoy the PDP for another 4 yrs
Re: Nigerians Celebrate Pdp by Demdem(m): 4:52pm On Apr 18, 2011
Meddler:

Well I guess my generator is here to stay for another four years. What a waste of election sad

You took that from my mouth honestly and i will have to continue to buy cement here at an higher price than what its being sold for in Ghana despite the fact that we import it to Ghana

(1) (Reply)

Niger Delta Militants Demand The Arrest & Trial Of Buhari, Babangida, Gusau, Oth / Most Nigerian Governors Meet In The Night: Not This Governor! / Obasanjo: Why Soldiers Can’t Tackle Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.