Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Should I Continue With My Current Job? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Continue With My Current Job? (16791 Views)

N5k Salary Increase After 6 Years. Should I Continue? / Should I Quit My Job And Continue With Business / Are These Real Or Should I Continue With My Job Search? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Continue With My Current Job? by dosage150(m): 11:18am On Apr 01, 2021
After my resignation from my former job where I served as a manager in a very small private firm, rather than being idle while waiting for NYSC,I stated working in a bet9ja outlet owned by my cousin's husband.
Its a month working there but I lost close to 20k due to debts from customers,
1) Gamblers are greedy that why will continue stacking with empty pockets hoping to win to at their debts

2) They stack so high, like 1.5k for 3tickets once , they won't be able to pay if the game isn't won

3) The shop is located near a university, some will drop their school files,textbook and other valuables as collateral and will never return for it

4) Most of them do fake transfer
At end of everything, I use my personal money to make up these, my savings is zero now.
Am scared of being idle at home, at same time I loose money daily

No doubt, there's side money and tips aside salary but you will end up using the money to pay for debts

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Continue With My Current Job? by Nobody: 11:22am On Apr 01, 2021
Look for another job bro.... Betting job will drain you financially and mentally as you would be depending on tips for a customer who won.

You can't save anything from this kind of job neither can you gain any experience.... It will only turn you to an addict no matter how discipline you are.

109 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Continue With My Current Job? by Jashub: 11:29am On Apr 01, 2021
Kindly leave that job and channel your energy towards self-improvement. Or better stlll, learn a skill that you know will be helpful after youth service

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Continue With My Current Job? by dosage150(m): 11:36am On Apr 01, 2021
JidennaJason:
Look for another job bro.... Betting job will drain you financially and mentally as you would be depending on tips for a customer who won.

You can't save anything from this kind of job neither can you gain any experience.... It will only turn you to an addict no matter how discipline you are.
Am not a football fan and I hate the bet of a thing with passion, I pity most of them cos they are helpless about the addiction

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Continue With My Current Job? by Nobody: 11:39am On Apr 01, 2021
dosage150:

Am not a football fan and I hate the bet of a thing with passion, I pity most of them cos they are helpless about the addiction
Don't pity GREEDY people.

Leave that job, it is not good for anyone who's psychologically and mentally stable.

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Continue With My Current Job? by dosage150(m): 11:47am On Apr 01, 2021
JidennaJason:
Don't pity GREEDY people.

Leave that job, it is not good for anyone who's psychologically and mentally stable.
Thanks
The move will be made any moment from now
Re: Should I Continue With My Current Job? by Nobody: 11:51am On Apr 01, 2021
I always avoid to work at betting shops because I go just dey play real soccer dey lose until I no go see salary collect.As for customers,pay before you play virtual.No credit today come tomorrow.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Continue With My Current Job? by dosage150(m): 11:52am On Apr 01, 2021
Joysticks:
I always avoid to work at betting shops because I go just dey play real soccer dey lose until I no go see salary collect.As for customers,pay before you play virtual.No credit today come tomorrow.

No such rules here
Their eyes always clear when they don play finish
Some will want to fight you if you take mouse away from them

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Continue With My Current Job? by Nobody: 11:57am On Apr 01, 2021
dosage150:

No such rules here
Their eyes always clear when they don play finish
Some will want to fight you if you take mouse away from them
Pay before service.

13 Likes

Re: Should I Continue With My Current Job? by ikeno(m): 3:58pm On Apr 01, 2021
lol,truth is you can't avoid customers from owing you.but what you can always do is to tell they to give u money first before staking games for dem.
sometime,am flexible to my workers cuz I kwn what they go through with some customers.
I have close to 5 phones and personal properties belonging to customers and close to 50k owed by customers just this week and if I should deduct this money from my cashiers I doubt they will be taking much home monthly.but ,I always pay them their full salary and give dem strict instructions not to play on credit.

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Should I Continue With My Current Job? by Eddodoh(m): 5:24pm On Apr 01, 2021
Hmmmm!!! Like sum1 rightly said, it cause financial & mental drainage.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Continue With My Current Job? by dosage150(m): 12:12pm On Apr 12, 2021
ikeno:
lol,truth is you can't avoid customers from owing you.but what you can always do is to tell they to give u money first before staking games for dem.
sometime,am flexible to my workers cuz I kwn what they go through with some customers.
I have close to 5 phones and personal properties belonging to customers and close to 50k owed by customers just this week and if I should deduct this money from my cashiers I doubt they will be taking much home monthly.but ,I always pay them their full salary and give dem strict instructions not to play on credit.

You are considerate enough
Boss here doesn't want phone or anything
just his money he is after
Makes us pay so much debts
yet he boasts that we are earning so much money

6 Likes

Re: Should I Continue With My Current Job? by dosage150(m): 12:12pm On Apr 12, 2021
Eddodoh:
Hmmmm!!! Like sum1 rightly said, it cause financial & mental drainage.
It really does, a times I don't think aright and always saddened

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Continue With My Current Job? by ikeno(m): 3:56pm On Apr 12, 2021
dosage150:

You are considerate enough
Boss here doesn't want phone or anything
just his money he is after
Makes us pay so much debts
yet he boasts that we are earning so much money
I understand what cashiers go through in the hands of customers.i dot deduct money being owned by customers from my cashiers money rather,I give them strict warning not to play for such customer till he pay his debt.
my cashiers salary is always paid in full.two of they have been working for me since I started my business, about 2yrs ago and are always happy.i give dem food and bonus sometimes.

6 Likes

Re: Should I Continue With My Current Job? by dosage150(m): 4:07pm On Apr 12, 2021
ikeno:

I understand what cashiers go through in the hands of customers.i dot deduct money being owned by customers from my cashiers money rather,I give them strict warning not to play for such customer till he pay his debt.
my cashiers salary is always paid in full.two of they have been working for me since I started my business, about 2yrs ago and are always happy.i give dem food and bonus sometimes.

Wish to work for you baba, Lol
Re: Should I Continue With My Current Job? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Apr 12, 2021
I would advise you get any tangible skills.

Driving is a very good skill. If you don't have it, please learn.

May God lead you aright

6 Likes

Re: Should I Continue With My Current Job? by visijo(m): 5:19pm On Apr 12, 2021
If you know you have bought a car, Congratulations.
But take note my name is not pim pim maka chukwu ikpo gi oku��

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue With My Current Job? by merits(m): 5:20pm On Apr 12, 2021
wink
Re: Should I Continue With My Current Job? by Kobicove(m): 5:20pm On Apr 12, 2021
@Dosage150 you need to adopt a hard and firm stance: no payment no placing of bet.

If you're soft you will end up being taken as a fo0l! undecided

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue With My Current Job? by ictjobber: 5:21pm On Apr 12, 2021
you dey allow people bet on credit... Lol..

I guess it's true what they say ..

When a dumb person is kept in charge of a shop, criminals rejoice...

12 Likes

Re: Should I Continue With My Current Job? by Coldie(m): 5:22pm On Apr 12, 2021
Shutup if u don't gamble how do u know about it.

To me gamblers are investors they know how to predict a feasible investment

3 Likes

Re: Should I Continue With My Current Job? by Lovethaa: 5:22pm On Apr 12, 2021
Ordinary bet9ja shop you cannot handle and you expect a company to hire you?..

Why would you do business without collecting money first when you're not the owner of the shop .. u need to wise up and be a man.. let them know they can't stake if they don't pay... take charge..

10 Likes

Re: Should I Continue With My Current Job? by MEGA4BILLION(m): 5:23pm On Apr 12, 2021
If you are not bold and rigid enough to tell customer to pay their money before you book their games then leave the job.

Businesses that involves direct financial transactions are not for the soft and pity hearted

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Continue With My Current Job? by wolesmile(m): 5:24pm On Apr 12, 2021
w
Re: Should I Continue With My Current Job? by Mindlog: 5:25pm On Apr 12, 2021
Addicts don't deserve credit considerations and working in such environment is not for one's mental well-being.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Continue With My Current Job? by bigdammyj: 5:26pm On Apr 12, 2021
Noted
Re: Should I Continue With My Current Job? by GboyegaD(m): 5:27pm On Apr 12, 2021
Hmm...if it is causing this much stress, please drop it like it's hot.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Continue With My Current Job? by Buffalo2(m): 5:30pm On Apr 12, 2021
As a graduate, if you are to advise someone on this matter, what advice will you give?

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue With My Current Job? by mountmoriah(m): 5:32pm On Apr 12, 2021
following

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue With My Current Job? by ogododo: 5:33pm On Apr 12, 2021
dosage150:
After my resignation from my former job where I served as a manager in a very small private firm, rather than being idle while waiting for NYSC,I stated working in a bet9ja outlet owned by my cousin's husband.
1) Gamblers are greedy that why will continue stacking with empty pockets hoping to win to at their debts

2) They stack so high, like 1.5k for 3tickets once , they won't be able to pay if the game isn't won

3) The shop is located near a university, some will drop their school files,textbook and other valuables as collateral and will never return for it

At end of everything, I use my personal money to make up these, my savings is zero now.

No doubt, there's side money and tips aside salary but you will end up using the money to pay for debts

Nothing for betting job, na scamming business.

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue With My Current Job? by Sijo01(f): 5:34pm On Apr 12, 2021
dosage150:

How about you stop that nonsense (bold) and trade like a real business man?

Who does that angry if you were to be the owner of the business will you be collecting school fees receipts and other nonsense as a collateral angry

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG To Recruit 5,000 Unemployed Nigerians Under BRISIN / Apply For The Africa Finance Corporation Graduate Internship 2017 / I Just Signed My Offer Of Employment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.