Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,343 members, 7,860,881 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:55 PM

Agodi Market Traders Weep As Midnight Fire Razes Auto Parts Market In Ibadan(pic - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Agodi Market Traders Weep As Midnight Fire Razes Auto Parts Market In Ibadan(pic (592 Views)

May Day: Electricity Worker Falls Down Ladder During March-past In Ibadan (Pic) / Sanwo-olu Kicks-off Reconstruction Of Burnt Akere Motor Parts Market / Oyingbo Market Traders Protest Against Folashade Tinubu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Agodi Market Traders Weep As Midnight Fire Razes Auto Parts Market In Ibadan(pic by Johnnyessence(m): 2:05pm On Apr 03, 2021
Agodi Market Traders Weep As Midnight Fire Razes Auto Parts Market in Ibadan

A midnight fire has destroyed properties worth millions of naira at Araromi market, Agodi-Gate, Ibadan.

The Agodi market, which hosts a Wema Bank, correctional centre, mosque and other offices, is the largest spare part market in Oyo State.

SaharaReporters learnt that the state government had earlier issued notice to quit to the traders in the market.

An eyewitness told SaharaReporters that the fire, now spreading toward the Agodi Correctional Centre, started around midnight on Saturday.

Our correspondent, who visited the market, observed that the Federal Fire Service men are currently battling to put out the fire while owners of the burnt shops were crying for help.

A trader, identified as Afeez, described the inferno as 'monumental destruction' which traders might not recover in their lifetime.

"This is a huge debt. I have partners abroad. I don't know how to tell them about all this now. All my goods were burnt,"  he lamented. 

saharareporters.com/2021/04/03/traders-weep-midnight-fire-razes-auto-parts-market-ibadan

Re: Agodi Market Traders Weep As Midnight Fire Razes Auto Parts Market In Ibadan(pic by Johnnyessence(m): 2:06pm On Apr 03, 2021
Oyo State government should please help the dieing traders oooo. I feel their pains. where will they start from.
Re: Agodi Market Traders Weep As Midnight Fire Razes Auto Parts Market In Ibadan(pic by Johnnyessence(m): 2:08pm On Apr 03, 2021
we need as he usually called himself as Democrats to help them with funds oooo.
Re: Agodi Market Traders Weep As Midnight Fire Razes Auto Parts Market In Ibadan(pic by Nobody: 2:09pm On Apr 03, 2021
We all know most of the owners are Igbos. Have you ever seen a Yorubaa spare parts dealer in your life? Do they even know the way or what it takes to import these parts from Japan and Korea? Keep burning Igbos shops and think that will slow Igbos down? Only God can slow Igbos down on this earth!

Re: Agodi Market Traders Weep As Midnight Fire Razes Auto Parts Market In Ibadan(pic by BigSarah(f): 2:10pm On Apr 03, 2021
embarassed embarassed
Nothing is worse than loosing ones livelihood to an inferno... all cheerful givers and 2023 hopefuls should come and play politics now
Re: Agodi Market Traders Weep As Midnight Fire Razes Auto Parts Market In Ibadan(pic by BigSarah(f): 2:11pm On Apr 03, 2021
catfrog10:
We all know the owners are Igbos. Have you ever seen a Yorubaa spare parts dealer in your life? Do they even know the way or what it takes to import these parts from Japan and Korea? Keep burning Igbos shops and think that will slow Igbos down? Only God can slow Igbos down on this earth!

Rubbish, Mynd44 seun Oam4j
Rules broken

1 Like

Re: Agodi Market Traders Weep As Midnight Fire Razes Auto Parts Market In Ibadan(pic by Liposure: 2:28pm On Apr 03, 2021
Where will they start from? And buhari is not around.
Re: Agodi Market Traders Weep As Midnight Fire Razes Auto Parts Market In Ibadan(pic by Johnnyessence(m): 2:38pm On Apr 03, 2021
catfrog10:
We all know the owners are Igbos. Have you ever seen a Yorubaa spare parts dealer in your life? Do they even know the way or what it takes to import these parts from Japan and Korea? Keep burning Igbos shops and think that will slow Igbos down? Only God can slow Igbos down on this earth!
nope. just stop your mocking joor.
Re: Agodi Market Traders Weep As Midnight Fire Razes Auto Parts Market In Ibadan(pic by johnmartus(m): 2:57pm On Apr 03, 2021
Sad.
Re: Agodi Market Traders Weep As Midnight Fire Razes Auto Parts Market In Ibadan(pic by Johnnyessence(m): 3:03pm On Apr 03, 2021
Liposure:
Where will they start from? And buhari is not around.
. that's the most worst part.
Re: Agodi Market Traders Weep As Midnight Fire Razes Auto Parts Market In Ibadan(pic by Jostoman: 3:19pm On Apr 03, 2021
How did this people always manage to put fire in this market without anybody seen them still surprise me
Re: Agodi Market Traders Weep As Midnight Fire Razes Auto Parts Market In Ibadan(pic by Johnnyessence(m): 6:13pm On Apr 03, 2021
Property worth millions of Naira have been destroyed as a result of fire incident that occurred at Araromi auto spare parts market in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital.

The fire incident which started around 10pm on Friday destroyed some shops and property at the market worth millions of naira.

Sources told DAILY POST that the Oyo State fire department was informed immediately the fire engulfed the market.

It was gathered that the arrival of the fire department prevented further spread of the fire.

One of the traders at the market said the inferno started when power restored in the night.

Chief Fire Officer in Oyo State, Mr Moshood Adewuyi when contacted confirmed the incident to DAILY POST on Saturday.

He, however, added that his men are still at the market to prevent further spread of the fire.

“Yes. Do you want to confirm the situation at Gate. Yes, our men are still at the market, we are still there.

“The incident started overnight. There is no casualty. I cannot tell you the number of shops that were destroyed because we are still there.”

https://dailypost.ng/2021/04/03/property-worth-millions-of-naira-destroyed-as-fire-razes-spare-parts-market-in-ibadan/
Re: Agodi Market Traders Weep As Midnight Fire Razes Auto Parts Market In Ibadan(pic by Proflere: 5:57pm On Apr 04, 2021
catfrog10:
We all know most of the owners are Igbos. Have you ever seen a Yorubaa spare parts dealer in your life? Do they even know the way or what it takes to import these parts from Japan and Korea? Keep burning Igbos shops and think that will slow Igbos down? Only God can slow Igbos down on this earth!
Chai, why is sense far from people? Five people from my street were affected and one other person in my church who are all yorubas. Responding to this doesn't make your comment relevant, I was just wondering how come your cerebrum is so disconnected from your mouth/fingers.

Modified: I hope people from North will come and donate too, after all Tinubu also donated to them and I hope Tinubu will also run to Ibadan to donate. That is what one Nigeria should be about.

(1) (Reply)

Foreigners Acquiring National ID Number In Northeast Nigeria / MASSOB Declares May 30 As ‘biafra Day’ / IPOD MNK Is Mad Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.