Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,244 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

The Science Of Poverty: How Poverty Is Passed On. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Science Of Poverty: How Poverty Is Passed On. (3172 Views)

TRCN 2019 Result List Of Passed Candidates - Check Your Status / Message To Native Doctors And Ritualists- The Science Of Jazz / The Science Of Learning: How To Study, Understand, And Remember All You Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Science Of Poverty: How Poverty Is Passed On. by superstr: 5:50am On Apr 04, 2021
I have made it my job to help the next generation avoid survival struggle but it is a tough thing to do.

That is why I have been trying to learn the psychological reasons behind poverty and I have found many reasons but I will tell you one of them today.

I always say that if you're poor, your children have 80% chance of being poor and19% chance of being middle class and 1% chance of being rich.

Here is why?

Research has found something in the brain and they call it Mirror Neuron. It is what triggers you to do whatever people around you do.

Mirror Neuron makes you copy or reflect what you hear, see, touch smell or feel, especially from people you respect or love.

Let me prove my point.

Oh wait! Let me scratch my head before I continue.

See, I am sure you're definitely having the urge to scratch something or you just scratched your head.

Do you know why that happened?

It because I said I wanted to do it and your Mirror Neuron influenced you to copy me.

Just like that, behavior that influence poverty are copied from our environments, teachers, friends and parents without knowing it.

Every day, I try to unlearn many of the poverty mindset I have copied because of where I was born and school I went to.

The best solution to this copying thing is changing your environment. Yes! It is scientifically proven to help.

But you don't need to change you offline environment if you can't afford it but you can easily change your online environment.

Or meet people you want to be like once in a while.

Follow and be friends with people you want to be like online, without knowing it, you copy their habit.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

In the near future, I would take helping people avoid survival struggles seriously. But for now, let me save myself.

Thanks for coming to my Tedtalk.

-- Ogundiran Ayobami (follow me on www.twitter.com/codingnninja)

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Science Of Poverty: How Poverty Is Passed On. by SanctifiedSista(f): 5:57am On Apr 04, 2021
Poverty is curable. Start my giving your life to GOD. Write down the date and make sure you end all your sin even d secret ones

1 Like

Re: The Science Of Poverty: How Poverty Is Passed On. by Alejoas(m): 6:12am On Apr 04, 2021
Pursue peace of mind and happiness much more. I have ten to twenty four hours guaranteed external battery for your laptop. Do you need one? Come let's deal. The best way to be happy is to make others happy.
Re: The Science Of Poverty: How Poverty Is Passed On. by superstr: 6:26am On Apr 04, 2021
SanctifiedSista:
Poverty is curable. Start my giving your life to GOD. Write down the date and make sure you end all your sin even d secret ones

True! Our faith psychologically gives us the energy we need to get better provided we use it properly.

2 Likes

Re: The Science Of Poverty: How Poverty Is Passed On. by elody: 6:39am On Apr 04, 2021
You have a point,your circle drives you or surpresses you.

6 Likes

Re: The Science Of Poverty: How Poverty Is Passed On. by Joshauthor(m): 7:11am On Apr 04, 2021
You're right about changing your environment, be it physical, online, mental, or even spiritual.

Aps. Joshua Selman in his teaching titled "The Law of Mental Transformation," said that your pocket is a reflection of what you have in your mind and that's literally true.

Reading and meditating on words in The Bible and other books written by people who have achieved what you hope to achieve is the best way to transform the mind.

As for changing your physical environment, a relocation to Canada can do a lot of good and I have valuable information on the topic.

Start taking appropriate actions today.

4 Likes

Re: The Science Of Poverty: How Poverty Is Passed On. by superstr: 7:16am On Apr 04, 2021
elody:
You have a point,your circle drives you or surpresses you.

Um!

1 Like

Re: The Science Of Poverty: How Poverty Is Passed On. by superstr: 7:18am On Apr 04, 2021
Joshauthor:
You're right about changing your environment, be it physical, online, mental, or even spiritual.

Aps. Joshua Selman in his teaching titled "The Law of Mental Transformation," said that your pocket is a reflection of what you have in your mind and that's literally true.

Reading and meditating on words in The Bible and other books written by people who have achieved what you hope to achieve is the best way to transform the mind.

As for changing your physical environment, a relocation to Canada can do a lot of good and I have valuable information on the topic.

Start taking appropriate actions today.

Thanks for the interesting input.

1 Like

Re: The Science Of Poverty: How Poverty Is Passed On. by Brexxit(m): 8:18am On Apr 04, 2021
SanctifiedSista:
But the richest people in Nigeria happen to be the worst sinners who belong to various occultic groups.

How do u explain that?

3 Likes

Re: The Science Of Poverty: How Poverty Is Passed On. by Ezmans: 8:51am On Apr 04, 2021
SanctifiedSista:
so sin makes one to be poor
Re: The Science Of Poverty: How Poverty Is Passed On. by superstr: 9:04am On Apr 04, 2021
Brexxit:

But the richest people in Nigeria happen to be the worst sinners who belong to various occultic groups.

How do u explain that?

That is another reasonable angle. Cheers!
Re: The Science Of Poverty: How Poverty Is Passed On. by candygist: 9:46am On Apr 04, 2021
It because I said I wanted to do it and your Mirror Neuron influenced you to copy me.

I did not scratch any part of my body.

1 Like

Re: The Science Of Poverty: How Poverty Is Passed On. by tobixp: 9:58am On Apr 04, 2021
Hello!

1 Like

Re: The Science Of Poverty: How Poverty Is Passed On. by SanctifiedSista(f): 10:12am On Apr 04, 2021
Ezmans:
so sin makes one to be poor
extremely poor, then depression sets in and ultimately death

1 Like

Re: The Science Of Poverty: How Poverty Is Passed On. by SanctifiedSista(f): 10:14am On Apr 04, 2021
Brexxit:

How do u explain that?
am talking of the riches that adds no sorrow(prov10:22) do u know how many of them have underlining wealth and other family issues? Many won't share their issues because it's not like u can proffer Solution only sympathy

1 Like

Re: The Science Of Poverty: How Poverty Is Passed On. by superstr: 11:01am On Apr 04, 2021
SanctifiedSista:
extremely poor, then depression sets in and ultimately death

Ah! Stratata...
Re: The Science Of Poverty: How Poverty Is Passed On. by superstr: 11:02am On Apr 04, 2021
SanctifiedSista:
am talking of the riches that adds no sorrow(prov10:22) do u know how many of them have underlining wealth and other family issues? Many won't share their issues because it's not like u can proffer Solution only sympathy

You're right but don't you think poor people have issues they don't share too?

3 Likes

Re: The Science Of Poverty: How Poverty Is Passed On. by Bankalert(m): 11:12am On Apr 04, 2021
SanctifiedSista:
nonsense

1 Like

Re: The Science Of Poverty: How Poverty Is Passed On. by Bankalert(m): 11:13am On Apr 04, 2021
tobixp:
Hello!
go and make money... Then come back with motivational speeches...they will listen.

1 Like

Re: The Science Of Poverty: How Poverty Is Passed On. by femi4: 11:22am On Apr 04, 2021
SanctifiedSista:
Rubbish

Knowing God isn't an escape from Poverty. Lazarus knew God but was poor

The Rich guys in this Country didn't know God

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Science Of Poverty: How Poverty Is Passed On. by Elliotwaveforec: 11:22am On Apr 04, 2021
If you're poor, forget about raising family; stop copying people around you who are poor and have 5 children.
Re: The Science Of Poverty: How Poverty Is Passed On. by RealEzee(m): 11:42am On Apr 04, 2021
If you are among 9 millionaires you'll be the 10th, same with been around 9 poor people

Someone said this Sha I think it make sense

2 Likes

Re: The Science Of Poverty: How Poverty Is Passed On. by SanctifiedSista(f): 11:47am On Apr 04, 2021
femi4:
Rubbish

Knowing God isn't an escape from Poverty. Lazarus knew God but was poor

The Rich guys in this Country didn't know God
lol, it's not for you. Everyone is not suppose to be rich because many are not ready to this simple thing and enter a covenant of royalty and blessing..it's too simple that like u, they feel it should be.more complicated or complex..rev5:12
Re: The Science Of Poverty: How Poverty Is Passed On. by SanctifiedSista(f): 11:49am On Apr 04, 2021
Bankalert:
nonsense
hallelujah.. grin grin grin continue enjoying your mediocre life. Rev5:12, thank God for us that He that has given us to privilege to know this mystery
Re: The Science Of Poverty: How Poverty Is Passed On. by SanctifiedSista(f): 11:51am On Apr 04, 2021
superstr:

You're right but don't you think poor people have issues they don't share too?
their first issue is ignorance and they must do all it takes to know the power to command REv5:12 and command it
Re: The Science Of Poverty: How Poverty Is Passed On. by Bankalert(m): 11:52am On Apr 04, 2021
SanctifiedSista:
hallelujah.. grin grin grin continue enjoying your mediocre life. Rev5:12, thank God for us that He that has given us to privilege to know this mystery
and continue to enjoy your fake celebrity life grin. It only lasts for a while tho.
Re: The Science Of Poverty: How Poverty Is Passed On. by Bankalert(m): 11:54am On Apr 04, 2021
SanctifiedSista:
lol, it's not for you. Everyone is not suppose to be rich because many are not ready to this simple thing and enter a covenant of royalty and blessing..it's too simple that like u, they feel it should be.more complicated or complex..rev5:12
Shut up. I am sure you attend living faith. You sound like one of them already.
Re: The Science Of Poverty: How Poverty Is Passed On. by Nobody: 11:59am On Apr 04, 2021
SanctifiedSista:
So that will cure poverty...

Ahh...ah...ah...

You just teach people how to forever wallow in the pool of poverty.

Meanwhile, @op, you are right, but me i find it difficult to do what others are doing, if it is not self influenced, i will never do it.

i create the rule, others follow.
Re: The Science Of Poverty: How Poverty Is Passed On. by GreaterFuture(m): 12:05pm On Apr 04, 2021
embarassed cry
Re: The Science Of Poverty: How Poverty Is Passed On. by femi4: 12:19pm On Apr 04, 2021
SanctifiedSista:
Nonsense..error in your teaching

Matt 5:45

that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.
Re: The Science Of Poverty: How Poverty Is Passed On. by Nobody: 12:31pm On Apr 04, 2021
You become the people who you stay around.

I can vividly remember sometime that if i spend 2 hours online, then one and half hours was spent viewing cars.

So..
Re: The Science Of Poverty: How Poverty Is Passed On. by superstr: 12:55pm On Apr 04, 2021
Elliotwaveforec:
If you're poor, forget about raising family; stop copying people around you who are poor and have 5 children.

That is strong.

(1) (2) (Reply)

JAMB Cut Off Mark For Computer Science 2023/2024 [all Universities In Nigeria] / Schooling In The US: Getting Student Visa / Anambra State University Prospective Students. Information Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.