Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,875 members, 7,813,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:15 PM

How Parents Contribute in Making Their Children Homosexuals - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Parents Contribute in Making Their Children Homosexuals (2633 Views)

How Parents Fails As Leaders / "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues / 10 Things Parents Should Moderate In Their Children In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Parents Contribute in Making Their Children Homosexuals by recklesslove: 12:11pm On Apr 04, 2021
According to Martin's Heidegger, the German Philosopher who said, " Man is thrown into being" , simply means we don't get to decide our sexuality, height or complexion on other natural endowment. Being gay is something that is shrouded in secrecy especially in Nigeria and so instead of helping homosexuals we stigmatize them making the situation worse.
Homosexuals in Nigeria cuts across all sectors, they are not spirits they are our husbands , wives, brothers , sisters , friends etc, they are in every family, don't be fooled but society have taught them how to hide .
The purpose of this write up however is to see how parents contribute to making this happen. Masculinity or feminism is on a scale from 0 to 10, but proper upbringing can normalize sexuality. There a place in "Things fall apart " , where Okonkwo said about one of his sons " He has too much of his mother in him", yes mother's should set boundaries about how close they are their son , how much care they give them , boys should be allowed to play rough play and get dirty. In some Africa country there a ritual called " weaning" where the father weans the boys child from his mother n takes his into his hut as early as 7 years and trains him into manhood.
Homosexuality is the soul of a male child trying to connect n bound with his father , so u see most homosexuals are not close to their dads, so they keep searching for that bond in every man they r sexually attracted to. Fathers should make deliberate attempt to bond with your sons , mother's should bond with their daughters too. Most men don't know what it means to be a man n so settle to homosexuality.
Like I said masculinity is on a scale on 1 to 10, with 10 being a perfect n whole sexuality but parenting can correct whatever defects that arises from birth. No homosexual is happy to be one , they might have accepted it as a way to survive cos they believe they can't change .

1 Like

Re: How Parents Contribute in Making Their Children Homosexuals by recklesslove: 12:14pm On Apr 04, 2021
Every man and intending father should read " Healing The Masculine Soul " , by Gordon Dalbey

2 Likes

Re: How Parents Contribute in Making Their Children Homosexuals by Bebson007(m): 12:27pm On Apr 04, 2021
well said.
Re: How Parents Contribute in Making Their Children Homosexuals by recklesslove: 12:35pm On Apr 04, 2021
Thanks
Re: How Parents Contribute in Making Their Children Homosexuals by budaatum: 12:50pm On Apr 04, 2021
recklesslove:
According to Martin's Heidegger, the German Philosopher who said, " Man is thrown into being" , simply means we don't get to decide our sexuality, height or complexion on other natural endowment.

Seriously? That's your understanding of Heidegger?

That mothers make their sons homosexuals?

I wonder if you'd claim fathers make their daughters lesbians but more interesting would be how!

Heidegger's "Man is thrown into being" has no simple meaning as you'd know if you read him!

2 Likes

Re: How Parents Contribute in Making Their Children Homosexuals by dangotesmummy: 1:59pm On Apr 04, 2021
Let us see what the next person has to say concerning this

I'm coming,let me go and bring a bottle of cold stout and fried fish,alata sweswe cool
Re: How Parents Contribute in Making Their Children Homosexuals by cococandy(f): 6:27pm On Apr 04, 2021
You can do all you think is “right” and the kid will still turn out how they were born. It’s not something you can change.

But....you can teach them to hide. To mask. To stay safe from bigots who would want to harm or kill them for being who they are born to be. Sad world.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Parents Contribute in Making Their Children Homosexuals by recklesslove: 7:34pm On Apr 04, 2021
I totally agree with you.
Re: How Parents Contribute in Making Their Children Homosexuals by Flamemignon1(m): 9:24pm On Apr 04, 2021
cococandy:
You can do all you think is “right” and the kid will still turn out how they were born. It’s not something you can change.

But....you can teach them to hide. Fo mask. To stay safe from bigots who would want to harm or kill them for being who they are born to be. Sad world.
This is the convo we should be having.
I wish i had a parent like you in my teens rather than a monster I call a dad who drugged me and watched as he hired four prostitutes to rape me thinking correctional rape will make me straight

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Parents Contribute in Making Their Children Homosexuals by cococandy(f): 9:47pm On Apr 04, 2021
Flamemignon1:

I wish i had a parent like you in my teens rather than a monster I call a dad who drugged me and watched as he hired four prostitutes to rape me thinking correctional rape will make me straight

I’m so sorry that happened to you.
We religious and heterosexual people are the Caucasians of sex and gender issues. Hurting others because they are not like us. Justifying it because we are doing the “right” thing.

We are responsible for a lot of sexual trauma that people carry into their adulthood because of how taboo we make everything.

If it helps, I hope you understand he was acting out of ignorance and his own indoctrination. Not that he deliberately wanted to be cruel and hurt you.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Parents Contribute in Making Their Children Homosexuals by recklesslove: 10:13pm On Apr 04, 2021
Flamemignon1:

I'm deeply sorry for this. I pray love heals you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Parents Contribute in Making Their Children Homosexuals by Flamemignon1(m): 2:53am On Apr 05, 2021
cococandy:

I’m so sorry that happened to you.
We religious and heterosexual people are the Caucasians of sex and gender issues. Hurting others because they are not like us. Justifying it because we are doing the “right” thing.

We are responsible for a lot of sexual trauma that people carry into their adulthood because of how taboo we make everything.

If it helps, I hope you understand he was acting out of ignorance and his own indoctrination. Not that he deliberately wanted to be cruel and hurt you.
Thanks love. I've had my peace with him although we were both estranged for years but seeing him wallow in his dementia made my heart tremble which I still think is karma at work. I will never forget though because the trauma have been stitched in deep, having an opposite effect than his obvious outcome, I barely can't stand 2ft with a lady hence I puke but i'm grateful for therapy, i'm not really there yet as women still disgusts me but i'm getting better

1 Like

Re: How Parents Contribute in Making Their Children Homosexuals by Flamemignon1(m): 2:54am On Apr 05, 2021
recklesslove:

I'm deeply sorry for this. I pray love heals you.
Thank you. It's been a rough rollercoaster ride but eventually I will get there
Re: How Parents Contribute in Making Their Children Homosexuals by recklesslove: 8:59am On Apr 05, 2021
Flamemignon1:

U will get there. Just hold on.

1 Like

Re: How Parents Contribute in Making Their Children Homosexuals by culf: 9:08am On Apr 05, 2021
you might not be wrong but not totally correct either.
Re: How Parents Contribute in Making Their Children Homosexuals by recklesslove: 2:33pm On Apr 05, 2021
culf:
you might not be wrong but not totally correct either.

How do u mean sir?
Re: How Parents Contribute in Making Their Children Homosexuals by vhuqnl(m): 8:57pm On Apr 05, 2021
recklesslove:
According to Martin's Heidegger, the German Philosopher who said, " Man is thrown into being" , simply means we don't get to decide our sexuality, height or complexion on other natural endowment. Being gay is something that is shrouded in secrecy especially in Nigeria and so instead of helping homosexuals we stigmatize them making the situation worse.
Homosexuals in Nigeria cuts across all sectors, they are not spirits they are our husbands , wives, brothers , sisters , friends etc, they are in every family, don't be fooled but society have taught them how to hide .
The purpose of this write up however is to see how parents contribute to making this happen. Masculinity or feminism is on a scale from 0 to 10, but proper upbringing can normalize sexuality. There a place in "Things fall apart " , where Okonkwo said about one of his sons " He has too much of his mother in him", yes mother's should set boundaries about how close they are their son , how much care they give them , boys should be allowed to play rough play and get dirty. In some Africa country there a ritual called " weaning" where the father weans the boys child from his mother n takes his into his hut as early as 7 years and trains him into manhood.
Homosexuality is the soul of a male child trying to connect n bound with his father , so u see most homosexuals are not close to their dads, so they keep searching for that bond in every man they r sexually attracted to. Fathers should make deliberate attempt to bond with your sons , mother's should bond with their daughters too. Most men don't know what it means to be a man n so settle to homosexuality.
Like I said masculinity is on a scale on 1 to 10, with 10 being a perfect n whole sexuality but parenting can correct whatever defects that arises from birth. No homosexual is happy to be one , they might have accepted it as a way to survive cos they believe they can't change .
trash.
accept your self and your sexuality and stop blaming your parents?

1 Like

Re: How Parents Contribute in Making Their Children Homosexuals by RenaissanceGuy: 10:08pm On Apr 05, 2021
cococandy:

But....you can teach them to hide. To mask. To stay safe from bigots who would want to harm or kill them for being who they are born to be. Sad world.
So if your child has a proclivity to stealing or being heady, you'll simply look away, believing that that was how they were born to be?
Re: How Parents Contribute in Making Their Children Homosexuals by cococandy(f): 10:18pm On Apr 05, 2021
RenaissanceGuy:
So if your child has a proclivity to stealing or being heady, you'll simply look away, believing that that was how they were born to be?

Why are you equating criminal behavior to people's sexuality?
If your child is born heterosexual, would you think of thieves when you think of your child? Why do you think of crime when you think of someone else’s sexuality? How are you justifying this equivalency? Walk me through your thought process please. Thanks

4 Likes

Re: How Parents Contribute in Making Their Children Homosexuals by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:52pm On Apr 05, 2021
recklesslove:

does this include also the homosexual in the bible? well that is if you believe in the bible

the bible never explained why those people became homosexuals
Re: How Parents Contribute in Making Their Children Homosexuals by RenaissanceGuy: 10:08am On Apr 06, 2021
cococandy:

Why are you equating criminal behavior to people's sexuality?
If your child is born heterosexual, would you think of thieves when you think of your child? Why do you think of crime when you think of someone else’s sexuality? How are you justifying this equivalency? Walk me through your thought process please. Thanks
Let's leave out the stealing; how about the being heady? Or what if s/he says their own sexuality is towards a goat, pig or cow? You'd leave them or walk them through therapy?

1 Like

Re: How Parents Contribute in Making Their Children Homosexuals by lilyheaven: 1:19pm On Apr 06, 2021
RenaissanceGuy:
Let's leave out the stealing; how about the being heady? Or what if s/he says their own sexuality is towards a goat, pig or cow? You'd leave them or walk them through therapy?

Imagine a child saying his sexuality is to Bleep cows.
He will bring out reasons to support his ideas, and you want people to accept it.
Homosexuality is an abnormality , it doesn’t matter how they want to paint it so that they will be accepted, it still remains a psychiatric problem.

Even dogs that is believed to love sex , have not destroyed the law of nature the way human beings have.

God created them, male and female

3 Likes

Re: How Parents Contribute in Making Their Children Homosexuals by cococandy(f): 3:26pm On Apr 06, 2021
RenaissanceGuy:

1) a pig or a goat can’t give consent. Y’all miss the consensual part of it. A sexual relationship can only be called that if both parties give informed consent.

2) Again equating homosexuals with something criminal and lesser animals. There’s something your analyses says about you. It says you’re a prejudiced person who doesn’t understand why the only examples he can come up with to compare the sex life of other people is something criminal like rape. Having sex with animals is actually rape. You rape a dog or pig because those animals can’t have sexual feelings for you. You can only rape them against their wish. So using animals as an analogy for two consenting adults says more about you than the people you’re trying to say they are bad.

3) a heady (stubborn) child can only be managed. Again not an equivalent of homosexuality. But just like homosexuality, you can’t fix a stubborn personality. It’s a personality trait. You help the kid manage it so they don’t get in serious trouble until they are old enough to regulate their own emotions and actions.

4) if therapy works for homosexuals, most of them would have done it to save themselves from bigots.
Nobody likes to live a hard life with people full of hate breathing down on them and demanding that they stop existing. If therapy was a solution, it’s likely no homosexuals would exist.

3 Likes

Re: How Parents Contribute in Making Their Children Homosexuals by cococandy(f): 3:30pm On Apr 06, 2021
There’s homosexuality among dogs too.

Can we just leave the animals alone though? Unlike us they don’t ostracize their kind for getting down with same sex partners. They just live and die when it’s their time. Free of moral policing

lilyheaven:

Imagine a child saying his sexuality is to Bleep cows.
He will bring out reasons to support his ideas, and you want people to accept it.
Homosexuality is an abnormality , it doesn’t matter how they want to paint it so that they will be accepted, it still remains a psychiatric problem.

Even dogs that is believed to love sex , have not destroyed the law of nature the way human beings have.

God created them, male and female

2 Likes

Re: How Parents Contribute in Making Their Children Homosexuals by RenaissanceGuy: 5:57pm On Apr 06, 2021
cococandy:

1) a pig or a goat can’t give consent. Y’all miss the consensual part of it. A sexual relationship can only be called that if both parties give informed consent.
If animals can't give consent, don't you think it's also animal abuse to use them as food?

2) Again equating homosexuals with something criminal and lesser animals. There’s something your analyses says about you. It says you’re a prejudiced person who doesn’t understand why the only examples he can come up with to compare the sex love of other people is something criminal like rape. Having sex with animals is actually rape. You rape a dog or pig because those animals can’t have sexual feelings for you. You can only rape them against their wish. So using animals as an analogy for two consenting adults says more about you than the people you’re trying to say they are bad.

3) a heady (stubborn) child can only be managed. Again not an equivalent of homosexuality. But just like homosexuality, you can’t fix a stubborn personality. It’s a personality trait. You help the kid manage it so they don’t get in serious trouble until they are old enough to regulate their own emotions and actions.

4) if therapy works for homosexuals, most of them would have done it to save themselves from bigots.
Nobody likes to live a hard life with people full of hate breathing down on them and demanding that they stop existing. If therapy was a solution, it’s likely no homosexuals would exist.
Sexual therapy works, and it has made thousands of gays make a 180-degree turn, just as drug rehabilitation work. Or are you also against drug rehabilitation?

And don't forget that at the heart of this issue is the subject of morality. Without it, the world would be in utter chaos.

1 Like

Re: How Parents Contribute in Making Their Children Homosexuals by lilyheaven: 6:25pm On Apr 06, 2021
cococandy:
There’s homosexuality among dogs too.

Can we just leave the animals alone though? Unlike us they don’t ostracize their kind for getting down with same sex partners. They just live and die when it’s their time. Free of moral policing

You need healing seriously

2 Likes

Re: How Parents Contribute in Making Their Children Homosexuals by KevinDein: 6:55pm On Apr 06, 2021
RenaissanceGuy:
If animals can't give consent, don't you think it's also animal abuse to use them as food?

Haha. Good argument.

Me, waiting for more mental gymnastics from the "liberals"

Re: How Parents Contribute in Making Their Children Homosexuals by Munzy14(m): 7:02pm On Apr 06, 2021
Flamemignon1:

What ur father did, is same with like minds.

A friend said if his son is gay, or showing tendencies, he will assign a special prostitute to handle him...
The society and scriptures made it evil...With the tag...So i know, no family wants to associate with that publicly...

We have a lot of lesbians and those practicing it now unlike male counterparts, females have easy acess to themselves without suspicions...

I sometimes pity parents who condemns gay people in public, without checking the lifestyles of their kids.

1 Like

Re: How Parents Contribute in Making Their Children Homosexuals by cococandy(f): 7:09pm On Apr 06, 2021
lilyheaven:

You need healing seriously
why? What do I need to heal from?

Also you ignored the fact that animals practice homosexuality, so your example was faulty.
Do you have a problem with accepting when your argument is wrong and looking at the subject through different lenses when presented with new information?

That might be something to heal from.

1 Like

Re: How Parents Contribute in Making Their Children Homosexuals by cococandy(f): 7:11pm On Apr 06, 2021
But prostitution is technically a sin (I think) too if they want to go by the scriptures.

So they don’t mind that sin in favor of another sin. I think their problem is not with sin because they all commit sin and are okay with sinning. They just can’t abide some people doing things in ways that they don’t approve of.
Munzy14:

What ur father did, is same with like minds.

A friend said if his son is gay, or showing tendencies, he will assign a special prostitute to handle him...
The society and scriptures made it evil...With the tag...So i know, no family wants to associate with that publicly...

We have a lot of lesbians and those practicing it now unlike male counterparts, females have easy acess to themselves without suspicions...

I sometimes pity parents who condemns gay people in public, without checking the lifestyles of their kids.

1 Like

Re: How Parents Contribute in Making Their Children Homosexuals by Munzy14(m): 7:18pm On Apr 06, 2021
cococandy:
But prostitution is technically a sin (I think) too if they want to go by the scriptures.

So they don’t mind that sin in favor of another sin. I think their problem is not with sin because they all commit sin and are okay with winning. They just can’t abide some people doing things in ways that they don’t approve of.
In this case, they choose the path of side stepping the prostitute sin to tackle the one they felt is a bigger taboo.

It's more of an african thing.
Re: How Parents Contribute in Making Their Children Homosexuals by cococandy(f): 7:30pm On Apr 06, 2021
RenaissanceGuy:
It is actually. Not just abuse, it’s even cruel. But tell me you’re trying to use eating animals as justification for raping animals too?

Sexual therapy works, and it has made thousands of gays make a 180-degree turn, just as drug rehabilitation work. Or are you also against drug rehabilitation?
There’s no evidence anywhere that sex therapy “cures” homosexuality. What does that even look like? Rape? Is that what you consider therapy? I mean it would be rape because a homosexual wouldn’t normally choose to have sex with a heterosexual. Maybe ask actual homosexuals if this is true before you say it is.

Also I’m going to need you to stop drawing false equivalences with things that are not the same with homosexuality. First theft, second rape, third drug addiction. All things of those are things that people can choose to do and can change their actions if they want to. A homosexual didn’t chose that life. Not to mention that the things you mentioned are actual bad actions that can hurt others . Whereas a homosexual is just living their life not hurting you with their actions but your homophobia makes you draw equivalencies between them and criminal hurtful actions. When will you get it?

And don't forget that at the heart of this issue is the subject of morality. Without it, the world would be in utter chaos.
Morality is concept of good and evil. Evil actions are immoral. Evil actions are based on selfishness, greed, wickedness etc. The need to profit off of the pain of others. The actions that prioritize your gain even if someone else dies, is hurt or is maimed by your actions. That’s what’s immoral. For example, An immoral person wouldn’t care if taking a bribe would mean that a whole village would die from lack of healthcare. They will take the bribe anyway and divert the funds while poor people die. That’s immorality.

Whom you chose to love and spend your life with has nothing to do with immorality.
If I ask you what immorality has to do with homosexuality, you’ll bring a religious angle to the response. That’s how you know it’s not a valid argument

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Married Women Going Fat / When You're A Father Of Daughters (hilarious Photo) / Wedding Cake Promo!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.