Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,012 members, 7,814,456 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

How Parents Fails As Leaders - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Parents Fails As Leaders (7504 Views)

How Parents Contribute in Making Their Children Homosexuals / Bride Runs Away After Groom Fails To Provide Traditional Marriage Items / How Parents Present Their Daughters To Lecturers As Gifts Of Sexual Experiment. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Parents Fails As Leaders by lavylilly: 7:29pm On Jan 06, 2023
I almost failed as a “leader” today, this is an important lesson I learnt.Please read through.

From as long as my little niece started coming over for holidays, she shares the bed with me, she absolutely won’t sleep elsewhere. This is generally not an issue, she used to have diapers on when younger and now, I carry her to pee at least 2ce during the night. I didn’t today.

I woke up to pray and coming back to lay down, I slept on wetness. Well, maybe it’s my hand, yunno. Then I realized, it’s not my hand oo, it’s proper wetness �. Immediately I stood up and asked, it was more of a rhetorical, I didn’t think she was awake but then she answered. I asked “ my love, did you pee?”. Instantly, I heard “No”.

I looked at her, she was suddenly naked�. She wasn’t naked a few minutes ago so obviously she knew she peed and the little lady lied. I was upset, “so why are you naked?”. No response. She knew and instead of telling me and saving my side of the bed, she decided to spread the love.

I stood up and went to take a shower. I was honestly upset. I thought of giving her a piece of my mind but the anger was unjustified so coming out of the bathroom, I just sat down and guess what, this little lady had gone back to sleep. The audacity for me. No remorse, No sorry. 5 year olds are sus these days.�

I thought, “rubbish girl” and I heard “rubbish Nike”. Wait, what did I do? I am the victim here then my mind answered, “did you wake her up?” Nope
“Did you pee yourself”.. Twice actually.but you didn’t wake her up and expected otherwise. Joker.

It dawned on me, the mistake was mine. Yes, she performed the act but the error was mine and in the same vein, this is what happens with leadership and managers too.

When you fail to orientate your team, your junior colleagues, staff, etc, but you get upset when things go wrong, you’re to blame for their inefficiency.

The responsibility to provide guidance, support, direction, training, etc falls directly on a manager, leader, superior in any situation and the absence of that is a major lack on the part of the leader.

It’s like a football team without a coach but everyone is expecting the highest form of output. Joke.

If you’re in any leadership/ managerial position, ensure you’ve done your due diligence to the highest form before you point fingers. It’s impractical not to have aided and supported the team but expect magical delivery.

70 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How Parents Fails As Leaders by culf: 12:18am On Jan 07, 2023
This is nice!
#na why e good to go good sch be this, op, your parents no waste their money oo

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Parents Fails As Leaders by lavylilly: 9:56pm On Jan 10, 2023
kiss
culf:
This is nice!

#na why e good to go good sch be this, op, your parents no waste their money oo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Parents Fails As Leaders by culf: 11:27pm On Jan 10, 2023

1 Like

Re: How Parents Fails As Leaders by lavylilly: 11:16am On Jan 29, 2023
Re: How Parents Fails As Leaders by Lance008(m): 1:19pm On Jan 29, 2023
Let truth be told most parent have failed
Some actually caused their children problem by advising them wrongly
Some people play smart on very good friend because of advice from parent

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Parents Fails As Leaders by whippersnapper(m): 1:56pm On Jan 29, 2023
it's a generational thingy. there are families who have never produced a thief,or smoker. The try to inculcate that trait in their kids. imagine you coming from that family you wouldn't want to marry from a family who doesn't frown at abortion, fraud, prostitution. I know of a certain tribe that their male are either trafficking cocaine or marijuana in Malaysia or india. and their women eating feaces in Dubai

NB: did not mention name

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Parents Fails As Leaders by Guderian(m): 1:56pm On Jan 29, 2023
Error

What's going on with nairaland
Any1 experiencing log in issues

4 Likes

Re: How Parents Fails As Leaders by Guderian(m): 1:57pm On Jan 29, 2023
ERROR
Re: How Parents Fails As Leaders by FalseProphet1(m): 2:03pm On Jan 29, 2023
Nigerians are corrupt from birth. Know this and have peace.

This I have seen.
Re: How Parents Fails As Leaders by Donedeal1(m): 2:09pm On Jan 29, 2023
Why the blame?
Even if you wake her for all I care
If the parents did not compliment
She will still remains the same
This same scenarios similar to teacher
While the teachers do all they can
If the parents did not compliment
All efforts will be a waste.

1 Like

Re: How Parents Fails As Leaders by emorse(m): 2:12pm On Jan 29, 2023
grin grin
You're not a Nigerian. Nigerians don't accept responsibility. We blame everything and everyone else. And when there's nothing or no one left to blame, we blame the devil! grin grin grin

19 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Parents Fails As Leaders by tommy589(m): 2:13pm On Jan 29, 2023
I guess if not your relative you would have smack her.
You see blood is thicker than water. It is the same orientation with our leaders, if we are blood they won't treat us this bad

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Parents Fails As Leaders by Wizpa(m): 2:14pm On Jan 29, 2023
angry
Re: How Parents Fails As Leaders by Jimlaw(m): 2:16pm On Jan 29, 2023
Hmmnn
Re: How Parents Fails As Leaders by Aboguede(m): 2:16pm On Jan 29, 2023
This year 2023, make we try to embrace reality.

Nigeria as an economy is not functioning good at all and the politicians are all very busy with stealing and embezzling the few resources available.

The Common population is suffering so parents now decide to use their children as investments.

The result is high number of olosho and thiefs that make up 99% of Nigeria population today! shocked
Re: How Parents Fails As Leaders by 12345baba(m): 2:17pm On Jan 29, 2023
Guderian:
Error

What's going on with nairaland
Any1 experiencing log in issues
tinubu done hack am

2 Likes

Re: How Parents Fails As Leaders by Lovelydaisies: 2:24pm On Jan 29, 2023
Nice write-up, OP.

If we don't give our best, we should not expect the best. The family front has failed largely, hence the societal front is in shambles. Because, if families preach and teach love, whence comes the hate and evil we see everywhere?

We just have to do better.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Parents Fails As Leaders by SodiumValproate: 2:29pm On Jan 29, 2023
I want to piss cool
Re: How Parents Fails As Leaders by benqo01(m): 2:30pm On Jan 29, 2023
lavylilly:
I almost failed as a “leader” today, this is an important lesson I learnt.Please read through.

From as long as my little niece started coming over for holidays, she shares the bed with me, she absolutely won’t sleep elsewhere. This is generally not an issue, she used to have diapers on when younger and now, I carry her to pee at least 2ce during the night. I didn’t today.

I woke up to pray and coming back to lay down, I slept on wetness. Well, maybe it’s my hand, yunno. Then I realized, it’s not my hand oo, it’s proper wetness �. Immediately I stood up and asked, it was more of a rhetorical, I didn’t think she was awake but then she answered. I asked “ my love, did you pee?”. Instantly, I heard “No”.

I looked at her, she was suddenly naked�. She wasn’t naked a few minutes ago so obviously she knew she peed and the little lady lied. I was upset, “so why are you naked?”. No response. She knew and instead of telling me and saving my side of the bed, she decided to spread the love.

I stood up and went to take a shower. I was honestly upset. I thought of giving her a piece of my mind but the anger was unjustified so coming out of the bathroom, I just sat down and guess what, this little lady had gone back to sleep. The audacity for me. No remorse, No sorry. 5 year olds are sus these days.�

I thought, “rubbish girl” and I heard “rubbish Nike”. Wait, what did I do? I am the victim here then my mind answered, “did you wake her up?” Nope
“Did you pee yourself”.. Twice actually.but you didn’t wake her up and expected otherwise. Joker.

It dawned on me, the mistake was mine. Yes, she performed the act but the error was mine and in the same vein, this is what happens with leadership and managers too.

When you fail to orientate your team, your junior colleagues, staff, etc, but you get upset when things go wrong, you’re to blame for their inefficiency.

The responsibility to provide guidance, support, direction, training, etc falls directly on a manager, leader, superior in any situation and the absence of that is a major lack on the part of the leader.

It’s like a football team without a coach but everyone is expecting the highest form of output. Joke.

If you’re in any leadership/ managerial position, ensure you’ve done your due diligence to the highest form before you point fingers. It’s impractical not to have aided and supported the team but expect magical delivery.

BRILLIANT PIECE 👍 LEADERSHIP IS KEY!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: How Parents Fails As Leaders by jojothaiv(m): 2:31pm On Jan 29, 2023
The rot in our society today can be traced to the basic building block which is the family and hate to say this, we will be having a full blown endemic of irresponsible family in the coming years, values have been eroded and nonsense is now the new norm.

You don't know what you have if you're opportune to pass through the old school style of parenting.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Parents Fails As Leaders by SodiumValproate: 2:31pm On Jan 29, 2023
Guderian:
ERROR
1015 cool

1 Like

Re: How Parents Fails As Leaders by allen113: 2:40pm On Jan 29, 2023
Ok
Re: How Parents Fails As Leaders by Krak(m): 2:43pm On Jan 29, 2023
My boy is 2 year old and we have taught him to wake us up whenever he wants to pee in the middle of the night, and he does that diligently. During the day he goes to the bathroom and pee for himself.

Your niece being 5 year old should be able to wake up and pee by herself, or at least wake you up that she wants to pee. Truly, it might be failure of leadership.

4 Likes

Re: How Parents Fails As Leaders by EmekaBlue(m): 2:48pm On Jan 29, 2023
This is a puppish problem you can ignore

My dad is a multi millionaire but this old man can't even borrow me 500k with all the ideas I give him

2 Likes

Re: How Parents Fails As Leaders by sirnewton20: 2:52pm On Jan 29, 2023
cc
Re: How Parents Fails As Leaders by stano2(m): 3:16pm On Jan 29, 2023
Truth
Re: How Parents Fails As Leaders by ogub(m): 3:31pm On Jan 29, 2023
I can relate to this situation, I was upset with my baby of about 2 year's for collecting biscuits from someone despite we buying for him, I almost flogged him, but I asked myself have I thought him not to collect anything from stranger's before, though he apologised, but I cautioned myself and saw the need to always teach him first before expecting compliance.

4 Likes

Re: How Parents Fails As Leaders by Tajbol4splend(m): 3:35pm On Jan 29, 2023
Bad parenting is the reason why our society has been like this
Re: How Parents Fails As Leaders by Hndrrxxx(m): 3:42pm On Jan 29, 2023
Cc
Re: How Parents Fails As Leaders by Lance008(m): 4:27pm On Jan 29, 2023
Some parent go as far begging children from witches
Children from witchcraft don't have destiny they are nothing but an animal in human form
When such children grow up and become useless most parent act like they don't know what is wrong

(1) (2) (Reply)

Beautiful Bouncy/ Bouncing Castle For Sale in Lagos / God In Heaven Where Is Thy Face? This Is Just The Height Of It.. / Eagle Snatching Boy Video Is A Hoax

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.