Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,708 members, 7,820,490 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria (19143 Views)

Shekau Vows To Attack Emir Sanusi Of Kano Over Self-Defense Advice / Protest In Kano Over Detained Chad-bound Russian Aircraft / PHOTOS: Vice President Namadi Sambo Visits Kano Over Terror Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by HIROSHI: 12:05pm On Apr 18, 2011
After hours of protests and looting of shops belonging to non-indigenes, over the loss of the presidential election to President Goodluck Jonathan; supporters of General Buhari were seen jubilating in Kano when they saw military planes hovering over the Metropolis.

They concluded that there was a coup and the jubiliation cut across the masses and the some elites who equally would not want an 'arne' (meaning non-believer) being declared the winner.

They were also seen chanting 'a raba' (the country should be divided).
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by HIROSHI: 12:07pm On Apr 18, 2011
Protests/looting are taking place in Kurna Asabe, Fagge, Mariri and some places within city centre.
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by okosodo: 12:13pm On Apr 18, 2011
You see these mallams, because they have their majority in the military think they can still overcome this country with their Jibiti and wayo , so sorry for them as they will soon see that they have loosed out completely. FOOOLs
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by johnie: 12:24pm On Apr 18, 2011
FORMER Head of State, Gen Ibrahim Babangida on Saturday announced his final withdrawal from active politics, saying that it is time for the young generation to take over the leadership of the country.

He, however, canvassed a five-party system as the best option for the country against the 63 registered political parties.

Answering questions after casting his vote at the Up Hill polling station, Sabon Gari, Minna, Babangida said he believes there will be a realignment of political parties in the future, adding that he tried two political parties but hopes the number could be brought to a manageable size of five.

Accompanied by his daughter, Halima and son, Mohammed, the former Head of State said that he is still a member of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and that as a founding father, would never leave PDP for another party.

On the chances of the PDP winning the presidential election, Babangida said, “Going by what I have been reading in the newspapers, everybody has a chance. Politics is like a game; if you lose, try again and that is the essence of politics.”

On the security situation in the country, reoccurring incidences of bomb blast and the call from some quarters for military intervention, Babangida said, “I have always said that the military is an aberration; we shouldn’t introduce them into our politics now, we have had it before and I don’t support that we introduce military to come and truncate our democratic process, not even to take part in our electoral process.“However, we should be vigilant and sensitive to issues around us especially on security, I think State Police would solve our security problem.”

Babangida commended the large turn out of Nigerians for the exercise and praised Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) for providing an enabling environment for a free and fair elections.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=45039:ibb-quits-active-politics-canvasses-five-party-system&catid=199:latest-election-coverage&Itemid=721#comments
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by chakula: 1:09pm On Apr 18, 2011
Mtss.
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by otukpo(f): 1:11pm On Apr 18, 2011
COUP FOR WHERE? THEY NEVER SEE ANYTHING.
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by OWOLAYEMO: 1:12pm On Apr 18, 2011
This is barbaric. Who will loose out if the country is divided? You are entitle to your answers!!!
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by freeman11(m): 1:13pm On Apr 18, 2011
who will loss when the country divides, make them use them heads o
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by Beaf1: 1:14pm On Apr 18, 2011
HIROSHI:

After hours of protests and looting of shops belonging to non-indigenes, over the loss of the presidential election to President Goodluck Jonathan; supporters of General Buhari were seen jubilating in Kano when they saw military planes hovering over the Metropolis.

They concluded that there was a coup and the jubiliation cut across the masses and the some elites who equally would not want an 'arne' (meaning non-believer) being declared the winner.

They were also seen chanting 'a raba' (the country should be divided).

Seun how can topics like this finds its way to the frontpage a minute it is created?
mR HIROSHI or whatever you are called stop speading lies. I know there is tension in Kano ( i am in Kano right now), there is no such thing as jubilation because of coup.
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by Sweetnecta: 1:17pm On Apr 18, 2011
if these people understand islam, they will not be looting, destroying, stealing.

each of the above is forbidden.
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by ifyalways(f): 1:18pm On Apr 18, 2011
Beaf!:

Seun how can topics like this finds its way to the frontpage a minute it is created?
mR HIROSHI or whatever you are called stop speading lies. I know there is tension in Kano ( i am in Kano right now), there is no such thing as jubilation because of coup.

Seun needs traffic.

Btwn,Is this the GEJ Beaf?what are u doing in Kano.

@Topic,No comment YET.
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by mrjingles(m): 1:19pm On Apr 18, 2011
Beaf!:

Oga with all due respect you are lying. There is an indefinite curfew in Kano, Gov Shekarau just imposed it, check vanguard website. This not time for nonesensical posts.
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by StudioCFR(m): 1:20pm On Apr 18, 2011
nothing illiteracy no dey cause.

Mtchew
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by daroz(m): 1:21pm On Apr 18, 2011
then we should give them what they want, let divide the country so we can have peace.
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by dabigbados(m): 1:22pm On Apr 18, 2011
when northerners were winning i cant remember there being riots in the south y is it that now that a southerner has won the northerners are now calling for division
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by Tare55(m): 1:22pm On Apr 18, 2011
It is really time to 'raba' this country. Then Buhari and his cohorts can rule what is left of North in peace!
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by otokx(m): 1:22pm On Apr 18, 2011
This is terrible; so we down south must have been big fools to have been ruled all this while by the North abi?
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by EzeUche2(m): 1:24pm On Apr 18, 2011
Divide this country now! North/South A clear line.
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by bisiaet: 1:26pm On Apr 18, 2011
if these people understand islam, they will not be looting, destroying, stealing.

each of the above is forbidden.

Thank you may God bless you. This is what I just told someone and he so angry with me  because I dont know what joy is in all these burning, looting just because one man loose election is it not so funny?  

who will loss when the country divides, make them use them heads o

No need to tell them if they like let them use their head if they like let them not we shall see who will suffer it if it eventually divided.
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by okosodo: 1:26pm On Apr 18, 2011
EzeUche_:

I agree with you totally
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by Dave6: 1:27pm On Apr 18, 2011
I'm in Maiduguri right now and there's unrest here. Minutes ago I witnessed attempts by cpc rogues to cause chaos at Kostin and some got some iron and lead added to their systems by Mopols and Soldiers. All the cars on the road started making U turns some distance away.
Buhacry has not come out to calm his few rogue supporters. What a bitter LOSER!
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by saintneo(m): 1:28pm On Apr 18, 2011
a raba!

okay, no wahala! who is in for South Nigeria?
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by Odunnu: 1:30pm On Apr 18, 2011
Kano! O! my birthland! Do not spill blood!
God help my birthland!
When would all these stop?
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by Odunnu: 1:31pm On Apr 18, 2011
Kano! O! my birthland! Do not spill blood!
God help my birthland!
When would all these stop?
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by vigasimple(m): 1:32pm On Apr 18, 2011
This country is about North and South. we have different viewpoint and stakes and only fools think that our brothers up north think much abouth the southerners and 'infidels'. They are 'BORN TO RULE' over the infidels whilst their own people never progress.

COUP, I dey laugh o, that will be the begining of the REPUBLIC OF SOUTHERN NIGERIA.

For, the first time in the history of this country the south can see the north games, and vote for a better candidates, NOT the best as the system did not allow the best either from the South or indeed North to emerge.
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by Sunofgod(m): 1:34pm On Apr 18, 2011
WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW

This is going to backfire on the North - Big Time.

The Riggers were out Rigged and now the want to engage in violence?

No Wahala. . . . . .

They will soon see who's in charge.

[flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x3j3Ks3rjk[/flash]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/425354_goat_rigging_jpg831bf057f170f5745a6a651207e03ce8
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by bloodred(f): 1:35pm On Apr 18, 2011
mrjingles:

Oga with all due respect you are lying. There is an indefinite curfew in Kano, Gov Shekarau just imposed it, check vanguard website. This not time for nonesensical posts.

channels news just confirmed 24hrs indefinite curfew in kano. It has to be major crisis for them to impose 24hrs curfew. Mr Beaf, are u sure u r not sent to mislead our ppl into coming out to get killed?

Y is it that the north hates peace??/
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:36pm On Apr 18, 2011
they saw military aircraft and concluded there was a coup ? These almajiris are morron.what do you expect when they lack basic education anyways I just hope the army can bomb them all so we can have peace.
useless mallams.
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by fizokey(m): 1:38pm On Apr 18, 2011
We loose nothing by separation, these Northerners should go join Niger republic or chad where they rightfully belong.
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by Lanquart: 1:40pm On Apr 18, 2011
Coup for where?, These mallams and abokis should know that the era of coup has gone and gone forever in Nigeria.
As for their looting of shops,we are yet to comfirm that from reliable southerners but if they should continue and non of their leaders call them to other,we will not fail to retaliate and wipe them from Nigeria.
I can see that some of them are calling for the division of Nigeria,fine talk.No problem,they should wiat untill President Jonathan conven a national conference where they will see that non of the ethinic nationalities want to have any thing to do with AWUSA people.

NIGERIA BELONGS TO ALL OF US AND MORE TO SOUTHERNERS WHO PRODUCES THE OIL
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by Parnassuss(m): 1:41pm On Apr 18, 2011
Buhari would never stand for this nonsense. Stupidity is a crime, all that indoctrination will turn out for the worse this time. One Nigeria, I am not so sure myself these days.
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by Kilode1: 1:45pm On Apr 18, 2011
EzeUche_:

They will not do it, they are all pretenders, they enjoy the central looting and central power and control too much, they don't want to give it up. I'm speaking about our Pro-establishment leaders and elites.

Ezeuche, hear IBB:
However, we should be vigilant and sensitive to issues around us especially on security, I think State Police would solve our security problem.”

See? this Idio/t now wants state police?

What did he do when he had the power to restructure Nigeria? Now he wants a restructured system.

When did his eyes open? because he lost power and control? Bunch of hypocrites angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Jonathan’s Presidential Campaign In Bayelsa, Preparation In Pictures / PHOTO: Young Girl Injured In The Maiduguri Chaos Yesterday / Obahiagbon: Obasanjo's Endorsement Is A Cancer For Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.