Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,812 members, 7,810,115 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? (14359 Views)

Blogging Still Works In 2023! [SEE PROOF] / Is Blogging Still Profitable? / Is Blogging Still Lucrative Or Should I Start Drop Shipping? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by faceland: 9:36pm On Apr 06, 2021
We all know the story of Linda Ikaji, but that is like 15 to 20 years ago (how time fly's). Can someone still make banks in 2021 via blogging? and why?

I have a niche site (focusing on art)... Or should I start covering breaking/trending news to draw the traffic? Is it worth the effort or is blogging dead?

Look at this embarrassment; 17 views in a fucking month! cry

2 Likes

Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by faceland: 9:59pm On Apr 06, 2021
Although to be fair; I haven't published much this year. How can I be motivated to write when no one is reading or interacting in my content?

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by Nickshrapnel: 10:15pm On Apr 06, 2021
Try podcast

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by faceland: 10:23pm On Apr 06, 2021
Nickshrapnel:
Try podcast

Voice?
I would look into that.
You think one can do it with the Nigerian accent?

5 Likes

Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by Nickshrapnel: 10:42pm On Apr 06, 2021
faceland:

Voice?
I would look into that.
What type of content do you publish?

2 Likes

Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by faceland: 10:47pm On Apr 06, 2021
Nickshrapnel:
What type of content do you publish?

Just art...

I have other secret blogs for education, news in broken English. But my main focus and content is my art/drawing.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by JohnnyKlane(m): 11:03pm On Apr 06, 2021
faceland:
Although to be fair; I haven't published much this year. How can I be motivated to write when no one is reading or interacting in my content?

You should have looked up how to drive traffic to your blog even before you created it. From your niche, art is not something people view everyday, except its sexual comics you're posting, wink
faceland:

You should have looked up how to drive traffic to your blog even before you created it. From your niche, art is not something people view everyday, except its sexual comics you're postingwinkwink. That's the only way you could even have up to 10k vows daily. Is your blog on Google Search Console? That also helps. You have Nairalanders to help you here. The trick I use is that whenever I create a new blog post, I write a brief summary and post it on Nairaland in the relevant section and on Facebook. Then I shorten the link and include it in the post using or , but if you wanna use you won't be able to post the shortened link on Facebook. That's how you'll increase traffic. Try it and you'll see.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by faceland: 11:07pm On Apr 06, 2021
JohnnyKlane:

You should have looked up how to drive traffic to your blog even before you created it. From your niche, art is not something people view everyday, except its sexual comics you're posting, wink

You should have looked up how to drive traffic to your blog even before you created it. From your niche, art is not something people view everyday, except its sexual comics you're postingwinkwink. That's the only way you could even have up to 10k vows daily. Is your blog on Google Search Console? That also helps. You have Nairalanders to help you here. The trick I use is that whenever I create a new blog post, I write a brief summary and post it on Nairaland in the relevant section and on Facebook. Then I shorten the link and include it in the post using or , but if you wanna use you won't be able to post the shortened link on Facebook. That's how you'll increase traffic. Try it and you'll see.

Thanks for the tips (just got some ideas from it), my brain is a little foggy (didn't think of sharing each and every post). I am on Google Search Console but I don't utilize the tool much (seem a little overwhelming but I would check it out again).

2 Likes

Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by JohnnyKlane(m): 11:11pm On Apr 06, 2021
faceland:

Thanks for the tips (just got some ideas from it), my brain is a little foggy (didn't think of sharing each and every post). I am on Google Search Console but I don't utilize the tool much (seem a little overwhelming but I would check it out again).

Okay bro. Google Search Console will help you a lot in making your blog and its contents easily searchable by anyone. What about Adsense? Have you given it a shot?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by faceland: 11:20pm On Apr 06, 2021
JohnnyKlane:

Okay bro. Google Search Console will help you a lot in making your blog and its contents easily searchable by anyone. What about Adsense? Have you given it a shot?

Yeah, I'm on AdSense (many years ago).
I would take time navigate that Console thing. I really neglected that tool. Back in the days, there was so much going on the the screen, I didn't know where to start (when I sign into the Google Search Console)
Thanks once more for the suggestion (very useful).

9 Likes

Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by WoundedLamb: 12:47am On Apr 08, 2021
faceland:

Voice?
I would look into that.

Won't you be doing it for Nigerians?
Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by faceland: 12:53am On Apr 08, 2021
WoundedLamb:

Won't you be doing it for Nigerians?

I might be sincerely ignorant about this, I assume most Nigerians don't listen to podcast. Since its about art it can even have an international appeal.

although I am thinking of starting a blog to teach online marketing to beginners from Nigeria/Africa/Low Budget.
Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by WoundedLamb: 1:00am On Apr 08, 2021
faceland:

I might be sincerely ignorant about this, I assume most Nigerians don't listen to podcast. Since its about art it can even have an international appeal.

although I am thinking of starting a blog to teach online marketing to beginners from Nigeria/Africa/Low Budget.

I wish I had more information to share. I listen to podcasts myself but I don't live in Nigeria. Unlike blogs which you can easily stumble upon while navigating the internet, people have to mindfully search for podcasts about subjects that appeal to them. This means you'll have to be specific and consistent.

Good luck sir.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by faceland: 1:18am On Apr 08, 2021
WoundedLamb:

I wish I had more information to share. I listen to podcasts myself but I don't live in Nigeria. Unlike blogs which you can easily stumble upon while navigating the internet, people have to mindfully search for podcasts about subjects that appeal to them. This means you'll have to be specific and consistent.

Good luck sir.

Thank
Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by ABCthings: 3:25pm On Apr 15, 2021
Almost dead. It more of an hobby now.

6 Likes

Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by Defendingjacob(m): 3:25pm On Apr 15, 2021
I will like to know too
Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by Benjaniblinks(m): 3:25pm On Apr 15, 2021
grin
Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by sunshineV(f): 3:26pm On Apr 15, 2021
na programming/coding i wan go learn now. na money for lappy i dey find

modified: hope say all these people wey dey mention me no be kidnappers/ritualist...i no get money for ransom o and i don use myself b4 i no work

6 Likes

Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by HalpyBee(f): 3:26pm On Apr 15, 2021
Blogging is not and can never be dead. As to making money by blogging, it depends on your target audience.

7 Likes

Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by Panacea278: 3:26pm On Apr 15, 2021
Ask linda ikeji cool
Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by Lamanii22(f): 3:26pm On Apr 15, 2021
faceland:

Voice?
I would look into that.

grin grin grin what's wrong with nigerian accent?

4 Likes

Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by Lamanii22(f): 3:26pm On Apr 15, 2021
sunshineV:
na programming/coding i wan go learn now. na money for lappy i dey find

This is money now oo
Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by Splendor4(m): 3:28pm On Apr 15, 2021
abeg blogging don cast jare...

3 Likes

Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by Reex12(m): 3:28pm On Apr 15, 2021
everybody wan turn linda ikeji
Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by sunshineV(f): 3:29pm On Apr 15, 2021
Lamanii22:

This is money now oo
where? cut soap for me na
Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by OriginalCEO: 3:29pm On Apr 15, 2021
faceland:
We all know the story of Linda Ikaji, but that is like 15 to 20 years ago (how time fly's). Can someone still make banks in 2021 via blogging? and why?

I have a niche site (focusing on art)... Or should I start covering breaking/trending news to draw the traffic? Is it worth the effort or is blogging dead?

Look at this embarrassment; 17 views in a fucking month! cry

@ Bolded cracked me.

You are quite lucky to have those views, there are over 300M websites in the world today people don't want to waste their time surfing each site. It's not easy but you can not just create a website and sit down.

The real work begins when you need to find your target users, get to them (do some research on that), over time, you will build a loyal audience, if that doesn't work then you can consider switching nitch, that your niche is one kind, it would be more tedious and painstaking to blow there ( but what do I know grin)

Whatever the outcome, just make sure you have learnt one or two things, this will help you in your venture. Peace out.

6 Likes

Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by ofiko123(m): 3:31pm On Apr 15, 2021
It is profitable for someone like Linda ikeji...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is The Major Difference Between Python And Php / [FREE Guide] Yahoo Bitcoin Investment Latest Format – Step By Step Guide / Nairaland Has 2 Million Members!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.