Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,709 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids (30620 Views)

Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? / Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation / What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by Nobody: 1:03pm On Oct 10, 2019
First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes baby in the baby carriage.

When a couple gets married, they are almost always faced with the inevitable pester from friends and family:

So when are you having kids? The older you are, the more pressing the question seems to be. Ticktock, ticktock.

So, what do you guys think?

For those that followed due process...

1 Like

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by greatmarshall(m): 1:06pm On Oct 10, 2019
Hmm... It depends on how long you choose to wait

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by donbachi(m): 1:21pm On Oct 10, 2019
for those wey follow due process...na wen d belle enter....cos marriage for no happen if not for "I don get belle" for some people.

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by jenifer007: 1:28pm On Oct 10, 2019
My brother taking in should not be delayed all because you want to enjoy yourselves as couple..The joy of marriage especially in Africa is having children.It is better you start trying immediately after marriage because you will be surprised by the time you are ready,conception might also tell you they are not ready too.

Body differs

Delay is dangerous

207 Likes 13 Shares

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by sisisioge: 1:36pm On Oct 10, 2019
grin grin grin grin

You're right...the older, the more pressing. I will be doing mine 2 minutes after getting married if God humors me fa. Twins...one boy one girl...EOD. They should be bright, happy and beautiful o.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by donstan18: 1:48pm On Oct 10, 2019
I don't know for women, but I strongly believe that children are one of the major reasons why most men settle down.

Reason the day a man becomes a father is more memorable than his wedding day.

So I think it's proper not to wait for anything before making babies, especially these days where 70% of slay queens are womb-less. Start immediately to help you know if you married a fertile woman or not.

In fact, any lady that fails to take in at most, 2 months after wedding should be questioned or sent packing.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by mzhorlah(f): 2:05pm On Oct 10, 2019
It depends on the individuals involved. As for me, I will enjoy my husband well before inviting any third party(babies)

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by Godtschild: 2:40pm On Oct 10, 2019
jenifer007:
My brother taking in should not be delayed all because you want to enjoy yourselves as couple..The joy of marriage especially in Africa is having children.It is better you start trying immediately after marriage because you will be surprised by the time you are ready,conception might also tell you they are not ready too.

Body differs

Delay is dangerous

How is the bolded possible?

19 Likes

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by Godtschild: 2:45pm On Oct 10, 2019
Thank you. We decided to wait for a year and we went off birth control on our first year anniversary. The kids came in quick succession lol now our lives are not the same again. We always reminiscence our first year.
mzhorlah:
It depends on the individuals involved. As for me, I will enjoy my husband well before inviting any third party(babies)

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by Richdad50(m): 3:01pm On Oct 10, 2019
shocked

Advantage
It is always good to stay for a year with your bride before getting her pregnant. This gives you the opportunity to properly enjoy each other sexually and interactively. You will have enough time to extend the fun of courtship into marriage before the stress and distraction that comes with children.

Disadvantage
The contraceptives taken to avoid pregnancy takes a while to wear off. This can invariably cause you stress when you are ready to take in. So be prepared.

Richdad

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by CrazyMan(m): 3:02pm On Oct 10, 2019
You must do everything you can to start having kids immediately you get married and must not delay it at all as the chances of pregnancy drop significantly for the woman as their age begin to increase.

However, make sure that you and your partner are physically fit and fine to be parents.

5 Likes

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by philip0906(m): 3:02pm On Oct 10, 2019
1. Your bank account
2. Agreement between you and your wife
3. Please don't bring any child into this world when you don't have enough to cater for him/her
4. As I dey hustle wey to marry no even dey agenda, if you bring pikin enter this world wey you no fit train am, he turn nuissance come climb my fence say he wan thief, i go shoot am down

83 Likes 8 Shares

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by Lordjb: 3:02pm On Oct 10, 2019
Okay
Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by phranklyn92(m): 3:02pm On Oct 10, 2019
1 month
Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by hezy4real01(m): 3:02pm On Oct 10, 2019
Fire down immediately and pray God bless u

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by anochuko01(m): 3:02pm On Oct 10, 2019
PERSONALLY, marriage is mostly an avenue to enjoy unrestricted and safe sex, necessarily for producing babies. So depending on how early i marry, i'll try to get used to first having a wife, before dealing with wife and kids.
At least one year.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by RealLordZeus(m): 3:02pm On Oct 10, 2019
As long as God decided they will wait! A lot of people go into depression because of their inability to birth a child 2-5 years after marriage! It's not a good thing to be childless, but I think it's normal if you don't have.
After following normal medical procdure and everything looks fine but the child is not coming, thenits best to leave it to God's hand and move on with other thing in life.
If my wife decided to leave because of childlessness, then Au revoir, but I can't divorce a woman nor take a second wife coz of such.

I don't pray for such situation but if I find myself in it, I will humbly wait.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by SoftP(m): 3:02pm On Oct 10, 2019
Too many funny and drunken questions here on nairaland.

I'm sure very soon, some body will ask; How can i s*x my wife

&offcourse, we have too many MOD's who takes delight in pushing trashy to FP

2 Likes

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by Homeboiy: 3:03pm On Oct 10, 2019
She go even get belle before I pay her bride price

If not

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by jaxxy(m): 3:03pm On Oct 10, 2019
Whatever time is comfortable with u and ur plans for ur family. The right Thing is planning for ur babies not having them by intentional accidents.

A year or 2 after marriage is ok to start.

4 Likes

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by bivanJohnaliuz(m): 3:03pm On Oct 10, 2019
How lonq Sarah waited in the bible for her kid?? ....... As for me, immediately after the weddinq, Gbam! Kpanshinq don start.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by NONNYG: 3:03pm On Oct 10, 2019
You're here asking how long? When some marriage dey start with "I'M PREGNANT"grin

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by CallMeDrino: 3:04pm On Oct 10, 2019
angry
Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by TONYE001(m): 3:04pm On Oct 10, 2019
It depends on a lot of factors - finance, time, among others.

Some may start off immediately. My wife and I started off pretty early. We are five years now and our first son is four. I have a colleague who would rather wait for some two years due to some personal reasons.

So, I don't think there's a standard time. It depends on the factors you are exposed to. But, if you have all the necessary resources, starting early should be considered. Unless you and your spouse elect to delay.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by Oyikoha(m): 3:04pm On Oct 10, 2019
No need to wait
But in planning the childbirth you give 3yrs difference

1 Like

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by Angelfrost(m): 3:04pm On Oct 10, 2019
In a sane society, that's the couple's sole prerogative... No one bothers to ask such questions, except very close family and confidants.

A couple should have decided these things prior to engagement.

7 Likes

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by Amarabae(f): 3:04pm On Oct 10, 2019
When they are mentally, physically, and financially ready.

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. / My Younger Brother Is Gay / Meeting My Fiancée's Parents For The First Time!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.