Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,122 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

Paris Loan funds Bribery Accusation: Fayemi, Name The Bribers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Paris Loan funds Bribery Accusation: Fayemi, Name The Bribers (18550 Views)

Governor Umar Ganduje Bribery Video Shared By Daily Nigerian / Lagos APC Links Osinbajo, Oshiomhole, Others To Ambode’s Property, N50M Bribery / Church Of Satan Replies Fani-kayode's Accusation Of Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paris Loan funds Bribery Accusation: Fayemi, Name The Bribers by AlphaSentinel: 8:36am On Apr 07, 2021
Previois thread: https://www.nairaland.com/6482790/fayemi-offered-80m-dollar-bribe

The public saga around the return of the Paris Club loan funds has taken a strange twist. It seems a coterie of individuals and companies are trying hard to pinch much of the $419 million from the government’s coffers. This is the tale within the tale.

These businesses claim they are due handsome commissions for helping to procure the Paris club paybacks. These claims are dubious and backed by contracts in need of the most ardent scrutiny. The EFCC and the Association of Local Governments of Nigeria (ALGON) scorn most of these claims and cast significant doubt on others. However, the powerful claimants who have swiftly obtained judgments based on these claims are not without their allies. Amassed on their side purportedly stand several ministers and senior members of the president’s staff.

Into the fray insert Governor Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti State. Governor Fayemi, as the Chairman of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum, has publicly called for a moratorium on payment of the controverted amounts so that a forensic audit of the claims can be had.

Having thus set the cat amongst the pigeons. Governor Fayemi has asserted that those trying to pilfer government funds had twice offered him bribes, the first of US$40 million and the second doubling the original temptation. All he had to do was drop his insistence on an audit so that the funds could rapidly pass to the shady claimants. Governor Fayemi says he refused the bribes. That he did not take the bribe is welcome but Fayemi is not to be lauded; for his obligation to the people is only half done. Here we come to the tale within the tale within the tale.

Fayemi is right to call out the crime. However, he is half wrong by naming the crime but not calling forth the criminal. For him to be offered a bribe, not only the amount of the inducement must be known but the identity of tempter as well. Fayemi cannot brag about refusing the bribe yet claim not to know the cut and gait of the would-be briber. Such a scenario is unrealistic. But how can Fayemi in good conscience maintain silence in this regard? The crime charged is not a minor infraction. We are talking about thievery in the hundreds of millions of dollars or billions of naira. This is an attempt to defraud the nation of funds needed to build infrastructure, create jobs and reduce poverty for many. The crime is not simply robbery. It is nothing short of the economic sabotage of a nation already in economic peril.

Given the severity of the crime and the severity of the moment, Fayemi is actually encouraging bribery by refusing to name the culprits. There is no crime without actual criminals and Fayemi cannot claim to be forthright without bringing for the names of those who wanted to bribe. He knows his was not the only the bribers would knock. By failing to expose them, he is tacitly encouraging them to continue their turbid craft.

As the head of the Governors’ Forum and a potential presidential candidate, Fayemi cannot go half way forward and halfway back. Not only does he lay claim to national status due to his position with the governor’s forum, he is also his state’s chief law enforcement officer. By failing to name the culprits, he betrays the essence of his role as governor. He has a moral and legal obligation to report the attempted bribe in all of its details to the law enforcement authorities and to work actively with those authorities to bring the crooks to justice.

If Governor Fayemi wants people to believe that his claim is not merely an empty boast to attract publicity, he needs to say more. He has pledged to serve Nigeria and his state in truth and in honesty. He has a clear and compelling duty to expose corruption. If he does not do so, he but a slick and less than honest politician. He cannot pretend to represent a new generation of politician or a new way of politics if he covers up for those who would do such strong injury to the nation. If he did not kiss the bribers there is no prohibition keeping him from telling us who they are. This will prevent them from doing more harm.

Governor Fayemi, if you want to be president now is the time to show the people that you are made of that timbre. How can anybody support you if you claim to have witnessed an attempted rape of the nation’s coffers yet you fail to name the rapists although you reportedly saw them, face to face.

Time for Fayemi to face the truth. Either he reveals the attempted bribers or he is hiding something he would rather be kept hidden. Governor Fayemi has danced himself into the middle of this controversy. The only way to extricate himself is to disclose all he knows about the tawdry affair. If he does not, then we now his half-disclosure is complete hypocrisy.

3 Likes

Re: Paris Loan funds Bribery Accusation: Fayemi, Name The Bribers by cardoctor(m): 8:42am On Apr 07, 2021
London loan funds nko?

First time FTC. Sipping hot ginger tea with toasted sliced bread. Come join me.

1 Like

Re: Paris Loan funds Bribery Accusation: Fayemi, Name The Bribers by Alejoas(m): 8:43am On Apr 07, 2021
He will not name 'nada' because his own hands is not clean. The guys whose company is to receive the money is already threathening to expose Fayemi.

What do we make of this now?
———————————————
UBOH TO GOV. FAYEMI: STOP YOUR PONTIFICATION AND DEMAGOGUERY; YOU DEMANDED 10% FROM US

By George Uboh

March 31, 2021

I, George Uboh, unequivocally state the following in my own words:
After the report that Governor Kayode Fayemi demanded 10% from us surfaced on Friday March 26, 2021, Fayemi developed a conscience attack, then came out days later to self-servingly acquiesce to the fact that he was “offered” $40 Million, then later $80 Million USD. Why did he hide that fact when he was pontificating as the nouveau anti-corruption Czar in Nigeria? This alone should be enough evidence to TRUMP his holier-than-thou stance on this matter in the court of public opinion. Nonetheless, I will delve into the facts below:

On Friday January 29, 2021 a meeting was held in a former minister’s (name withheld) office in Asokoro during which time a purported proxy of Fayemi’s who had circulated a draft MoU among the four of us (judgment creditors) made a presentation to the four of us, stating that he represents Fayemi, that we should sign an agreement binding Fayemi and by extension the Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF), that by signing the MoU Fayemi will not oppose the payments to the four of us.

I, George Uboh, was not comfortable with such move thus I demanded that the proxy (name withheld: A former minister who I shall refer to as proxy X henceforth) show us the nexus or link to convince us that Fayemi sent him. I also posited that Fayemi is not needed for me to get paid, because the President has approved the payment, and the process to pay was ongoing.

For sake of precision, however, I visited Fayemi through a mutual friend at his Guzape residence at 8am on Saturday February 6, 2021 during which time Fayemi emphatically told me that he did not send anyone as a proxy to negotiate on his behalf nor is he aware of the purported MoU. I left Fayemi’s home, called the DG Governors’ Forum Okauru, narrated what transpired at the meeting to him, then sent a message blasting the person who brought the purported proxy accusing him of playing 419 on us. I played my usual Saturday morning football at my residence, then travelled. I flew back into Abuja on Monday February 8, 2021.

On Wednesday February 17, 2021, I was called to a meeting to the same Asokoro office. I saw a powerful man (name withheld: who I shall refer to as Proxy Y henceforth) currently serving in this government, seated along with my colleagues and the host. I had kept them waiting for two hours; I apologized for keeping them waiting. Honestly, I did not want to attend the meeting when I heard on the phone that proxy Y came again to negotiate on behalf of same Fayemi. I remember telling one of my colleagues via phone conversation that I am busy, that he should ask proxy Y what is the cost-benefit to me. Meaning, proxy Y should explain how he is going to benefit me, and what is my cost. My partner insisted I come. At the meeting, I asked proxy Y what is Fayemi going to do for us? He said if we agree to a deal, Fayemi will not oppose our payment. I was rude to proxy Y. I told him face-to-face that: a) Fayemi told me face-to-face that he has not sent anyone to negotiate with us on his behalf; b) If Fayemi has changed his mind, proxy Y should show the nexus; and, C) Even if proxy Y showed the nexus, I, George Uboh, will not deal because President Buhari has approved my payment premised upon consent judgment, and that such approval is tantamount to execution of judgment, that I do not need the acquiescence or approval or no objection of a judgment debtor for me a judgment creditor to be paid-in other words, Fayemi has no service to render me. When proxy Y left, my partners got angry at me, stating that for such powerful man to leave his office to wait for me I should not have been that hard on him. I left angry too.
Proof that Fayemi sent the proxies: Daily, I kept pondering on the fact that it is unusual for these two powerful men,

https://elombah.com/george-uboh-slams-fayemi-stop-pontificating-you-demanded-10-to-release-my-47m-judgment-pay/amp/

https://naijaobserver/c/e5jJ2TiZyzs

https://elombah.com/gov-fayemi-replies-uboh-demands-n5b-upfront-after-his-attempted-10-demand-fails-threatens-legal-action/amp/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Paris Loan funds Bribery Accusation: Fayemi, Name The Bribers by Lovelies1: 8:43am On Apr 07, 2021
Rubbish first who will believe him

Second in rank of power, or his circle those people are the cabals in his state of origin just like we have Abuja cabals

Thirdly he might have spurred such words just to gain public sympathy

Meanwhile

South West -- secession

South East --- secession

South South --secession

Middle belt -- anyhow secession

CORE NORTHERNERS - WE DIE IN ONE NIGERIA CAUSE WE CAN'T FEED OURSELVES

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Paris Loan funds Bribery Accusation: Fayemi, Name The Bribers by Monogamy: 8:43am On Apr 07, 2021
Re: Paris Loan funds Bribery Accusation: Fayemi, Name The Bribers by Fooolishbuharri: 8:43am On Apr 07, 2021
Abi na ghosts make the bribe proposition?
Re: Paris Loan funds Bribery Accusation: Fayemi, Name The Bribers by Abilistic(m): 8:43am On Apr 07, 2021
Indeed he is half wrong by naming the crime but not calling forth the criminal.

But those who live in glass don't STONE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Paris Loan funds Bribery Accusation: Fayemi, Name The Bribers by aj1bola: 8:43am On Apr 07, 2021
He gat no liver to name anybody
Re: Paris Loan funds Bribery Accusation: Fayemi, Name The Bribers by Mayng01(m): 8:44am On Apr 07, 2021
Doomed people

1 Like

Re: Paris Loan funds Bribery Accusation: Fayemi, Name The Bribers by Owaincouncil: 8:44am On Apr 07, 2021
They are all thieves

1 Like

Re: Paris Loan funds Bribery Accusation: Fayemi, Name The Bribers by shiki(m): 8:44am On Apr 07, 2021
shocked We only hear their voices when the going is wrong

1 Like

Re: Paris Loan funds Bribery Accusation: Fayemi, Name The Bribers by DamnnNiggarr: 8:44am On Apr 07, 2021
shocked
Re: Paris Loan funds Bribery Accusation: Fayemi, Name The Bribers by olaolulazio(m): 8:44am On Apr 07, 2021
Ok
Re: Paris Loan funds Bribery Accusation: Fayemi, Name The Bribers by alphaconde(m): 8:44am On Apr 07, 2021
If e mention names some other people will mention his name too. If he was clean he wouldn't be this cowardly.

6 Likes

Re: Paris Loan funds Bribery Accusation: Fayemi, Name The Bribers by adewasco19(m): 8:44am On Apr 07, 2021
Audio money.....
Re: Paris Loan funds Bribery Accusation: Fayemi, Name The Bribers by qualityalone: 8:45am On Apr 07, 2021
thieves
Re: Paris Loan funds Bribery Accusation: Fayemi, Name The Bribers by Ololanla: 8:45am On Apr 07, 2021
d
Re: Paris Loan funds Bribery Accusation: Fayemi, Name The Bribers by maxiuc(m): 8:45am On Apr 07, 2021
grin

Have you seen politicians pointing accusing fingers at each other when it involves looting of money

Looting of money keeps them United

1 Like

Re: Paris Loan funds Bribery Accusation: Fayemi, Name The Bribers by Lovethaa: 8:46am On Apr 07, 2021
just like terms and conditions don't expect me to read this because it is too long ...

I really need to start reading tho . that was how I was commenting RIP on a birthday post

Re: Paris Loan funds Bribery Accusation: Fayemi, Name The Bribers by Weedhustler: 8:46am On Apr 07, 2021
Naija on a cruise...make we kukuma scatter d country, wen we ready, we go repair am back.
Re: Paris Loan funds Bribery Accusation: Fayemi, Name The Bribers by Judolisco(m): 8:46am On Apr 07, 2021
angry
Re: Paris Loan funds Bribery Accusation: Fayemi, Name The Bribers by Weedhustler: 8:47am On Apr 07, 2021
Ahswear if I dey dia I go chop, because if I no chop dem go still say I chop!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Paris Loan funds Bribery Accusation: Fayemi, Name The Bribers by Goalnaldo(m): 8:47am On Apr 07, 2021
Yes o, he must name the bribers. He cannot just come and carry about 200m people handicap. A large percentage of which are his papa mates. o wrong na.
Re: Paris Loan funds Bribery Accusation: Fayemi, Name The Bribers by oilking: 8:49am On Apr 07, 2021
Lol
E clear
Re: Paris Loan funds Bribery Accusation: Fayemi, Name The Bribers by pickatyou1: 8:49am On Apr 07, 2021
I can't read this much on Nigeria fraud and looting matter.

Check my signature if you have a car and interested in installing a tracking device. It might interest you
Re: Paris Loan funds Bribery Accusation: Fayemi, Name The Bribers by Drsnives(m): 8:50am On Apr 07, 2021
Kweeeeke oo

I foresee femi taking back his words.

This I have seen
Re: Paris Loan funds Bribery Accusation: Fayemi, Name The Bribers by ipobarecriminals: 8:50am On Apr 07, 2021
sad
Re: Paris Loan funds Bribery Accusation: Fayemi, Name The Bribers by DestroyEvil: 8:51am On Apr 07, 2021
Hmm
Re: Paris Loan funds Bribery Accusation: Fayemi, Name The Bribers by jojofola: 8:51am On Apr 07, 2021
They are all thieves.

3 Likes

Re: Paris Loan funds Bribery Accusation: Fayemi, Name The Bribers by Amaechi2023(m): 8:51am On Apr 07, 2021
this govt is fully sabotaged.
even loan funds,some people wan divert am.
bribe of about 80milion Dollars.
meaning the deal is worth billions.
who we offend??
few individuals want to hijack loan funds meant for the country development.
loans that should be used to exploit our resources so we can utilize them and payback but few individuals wan chop am all.
who we offend again I repeat..
this is just too much to handle.
tomorrow the currency will devaluate because we can't payback these loans and everybody would suffer the consequences of some few..
may God help us..

1 Like

Re: Paris Loan funds Bribery Accusation: Fayemi, Name The Bribers by samnet123: 8:53am On Apr 07, 2021
Fayemi is right to call out the crime. However, he is half wrong by naming the crime but not calling forth the criminal.
The criminals have bought him over.He is in the same party with the criminals.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians Slam Seyi Tinubu For Preaching Endurance Over Economic Hardship / Jonathan At Our Lady Queen Of Nigeria Catholic Cathedral, Garki, Abuja - Photos / INEC Explains How To Know Your PVC Collection Center

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.