Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,295 members, 7,846,329 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

I Will Govern Anambra The Way M.I Okpara Governed Eastern Region- Azuka Okwuosa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Govern Anambra The Way M.I Okpara Governed Eastern Region- Azuka Okwuosa (303 Views)

Profiles Of Technocrats Jostling To Govern Anambra State (Photos) / Maduka's Giant Strides In U.S, A Reflection Of His Capacity To Govern Anambra / 2023; Atiku, Tinubu Will Govern Nigeria Better Than Buhari - Junaid Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Govern Anambra The Way M.I Okpara Governed Eastern Region- Azuka Okwuosa by TonyRazor(m): 4:34am On Apr 09, 2021
Tony Okafor,Awka
I will govern Anambra the way M.I Okpara governed Eastern region- Azuka Okwuosa

A frontline governorship aspirant on the platform of the All Progressives Congress in the November 6 poll in Anambra State, Sir Azuka Okwuosa, has said his mission is to positively turn around the fate of Ndi Anambra.

He said he would govern the state the way the late Dr M.I Okpala governed the defunct Eastern Region.

He said," I have carefully studied the economy of Dr. M I Okpara administration and we have articulated a blue print fashioned after the Eastern regional government of Dr. Okpara, a blueprint that will industrialize Anambra state, harness the creative potentials of Ndi Anambra by creating an industrial hub, revolutionalize agriculture, process the produce and export them.

" We shall also make Anambra the IT capital of Africa. In 4 years, Anambra shall become the fastest growing economy in Africa, Okwuosa stated.

In a related development, Okwuosa
has advocated increased involvement of women in the nation's political and public administration.

He said women had the innate potentials to make unique contributions in the resolution of the many scio-political challenges facing the country.

He stated this when he received in audience about 326 APC Women's leaders during a solidarity visit at his campaign office in Awka, the Anambra State capital.

He noted that women were home builders, and had demonstrably shown that they could be nation builders.

He said,"Women have a more humane and rational approach towards solving complex problems, so I strongly cal for more involvement of women in leadership positions in Nigeria," he said.

Okwuosa said women would be given a pride of place when APC would take over power in the state, stressing that women had made huge contributions towards campaign efforts of most parties yet they were relegated to the background after victory.

He appreciated Anambra APC women for the solidarity visit and enjoined them not to relent in their support for him and the party until victory would be achieved during primary and main election in November.

The Anambra state APC deputy women leader, Mrs. Nkechi Nnoli, thanked the guber aspirant for the warm reception accorded them, stressing that the visit aside from offering them the opportunity to wish him well during the Easter celebration, also enable them gain further insight into his programmes for women in the state.

She said, "I believe in the Azuka Okwuosa project and so do the 326 women leaders of APC in Anambra state. We all gathered here to celebrate Easter with him and to use the opportunity to hear him out, to know what he has in stock for Ndi Anambra and women in particular".

They said that throughout Okwuosa's walk with the party, he had never faltered nor disappointed and had always given the women folk an opportunity in all his party assignments.

"We are confident that he would give the women a pride of place in his government when elected governor of Anambra state.

"Hon. Sir, Okwuosa knows that in Anambra state, we have very vibrant women like Dora Akunyili who can be called upon when the going gets tough and so he has absolute trust in our women because we have never disappointed especially in Anambra APC. He believes in women's participation in politics".

Commenting on Okwuosa's chances of winning the party's nomination as well as winning the November 6 poll, she expressed very high optimism, stating that not only was Okwuosa a party man from inception, but that he had "no skeleton in his cupboard."

"Above all he is the god-son of Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, the Ezeigbo gburugburu and Ikemba Nnewi."

She lamented that some politicians were brandishing the pictures of the great Ikemba to win elections, shouting 'Nke a bu nke anyi,' (this is our own), yet they never knew him neither did they know his beliefs and ideologies like Azuka Okwuosa who spent years under-studying the Ikemba.

Nnoli recalled that Okwuosa was one of the founders of APGA in line with the Ideology of the great Ikemba but due to the APGA disappointment he had to quit the party.

She said,"And now that we need a man that has the Ideology of Ojukwu to rule Anambra state, Hon. Sir Azuka Okwuosa is the man because he has the charisma, the political energy, the the principles and most especially the Ideology of the Igbo leader which is to restore the glory and dignity of Ndigbo."

Re: I Will Govern Anambra The Way M.I Okpara Governed Eastern Region- Azuka Okwuosa by donbachi(m): 6:25am On Apr 09, 2021
Which shows,u dont have ur own plans for ur people.
Re: I Will Govern Anambra The Way M.I Okpara Governed Eastern Region- Azuka Okwuosa by bhella10: 6:32am On Apr 09, 2021
Things are changing sir. Don't make promises you can't keep Sir. I doubt if the politics of those days is the same as what we have now. Now the system is very corrupt, corrupt beyond redemption. But I wish you the best.

(1) (Reply)

We No Longer Have A Homogenous North - Sheik Gumi / Deji Adeyanju & Other Concerned Nigerians Petition US Government Over Pantami / Lagos State Governor, Commended ASP Sunday Erhabor. Photonews

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.