Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,117 members, 7,860,030 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:46 AM

“I Can Never Support My Husband With House Rent, It’s His Responsibility” – Lady - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / “I Can Never Support My Husband With House Rent, It’s His Responsibility” – Lady (3834 Views)

Police Rescue Anambra Woman Accused Of Killing Husband With Too Much Sex / My Neighbor Has Been Cheating On Her Husband With A Bike Man / I Cheated On My Husband With A Guy From Work And I Don't Know What To Do. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “I Can Never Support My Husband With House Rent, It’s His Responsibility” – Lady by AwesomeStormy00(m): 8:47pm On Apr 09, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:
Statements like this make me Laugh,

If there's one thing I'm glad about in this horrible times our country is in, I'm very glad that Men of nowadays are getting Wise and smart too in their dealings with the opposite sex.

People fail to realize that marriage nowadays is more of "Teamwork", go and observe very well it happens all the time around us, "Genuine Teamwork" is what moves a team forward and takes the team to greater heights.

Alot of women dont realize this, once you're a supportive woman to your man in all ramifications, even if he decides to go astray, in his head, he unconsciously compares that woman to you, he compares your qualities to that woman's qualities and he automatically knows that you're way above the woman in all Levels and ramifications... That's why when men cheat, the still end up going back to their Wives because the know the benefit more from the Wife than from the woman the went astray with.... Truely a Man knows where his heart Lies.

I can assure that woman up there that made that Statement, that she should pray real hard that her boyfriend doesn't find another woman that shares in his ideology of supporting him to pay house rent,... because I can assure that woman that once her boyfriend should come across another woman that shares in his ideology of supporting to pay house rent, she will be Replaced.... If she thinks am joking, she should pray very hard that her boyfriend never finds such a woman grin grin grin

Yes oooo. Na pure teamwork God bless you. Church hugs from my end to you.
Re: “I Can Never Support My Husband With House Rent, It’s His Responsibility” – Lady by demmymoney(m): 8:59pm On Apr 09, 2021
Godoverevery:

please are you speaking of Nigeria women or women in general??

FYI in European countries the women share bills constantly.

That's why they have the highest rates of divorce in the whole world because they have made women the head of the home. Men are second class citizens in those nations

1 Like

Re: “I Can Never Support My Husband With House Rent, It’s His Responsibility” – Lady by demmymoney(m): 9:01pm On Apr 09, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:

If there's one thing I'm glad about in this horrible times our country is in, I'm very glad that Men of nowadays are getting Wise and smart too in their dealings with the opposite sex.

People fail to realize that marriage nowadays is more of "Teamwork", go and observe very well it happens all the time around us, "Genuine Teamwork" is what moves a team forward and takes the team to greater heights.

Alot of women dont realize this, once you're a supportive woman to your man in all ramifications, even if he decides to go astray, in his head, he unconsciously compares that woman to you, he compares your qualities to that woman's qualities and he automatically knows that you're way above the woman in all Levels and ramifications... That's why when men cheat, the still end up going back to their Wives because the know the benefit more from the Wife than from the woman the went astray with.... Truely a Man knows where his heart Lies.

I can assure that woman up there that made that Statement, that she should pray real hard that her boyfriend doesn't find another woman that shares in his ideology of supporting him to pay house rent,... because I can assure that woman that once her boyfriend should come across another woman that shares in his ideology of supporting to pay house rent, she will be Replaced.... If she thinks am joking, she should pray very hard that her boyfriend never finds such a woman grin grin grin

Noooooooo

Men don't cheat, they just have sex

Men can Bleep other women and still love their wife or wives

Men cheat wen they start giving other women asides their wife or wives financial security and commitment
Re: “I Can Never Support My Husband With House Rent, It’s His Responsibility” – Lady by Ayo2004: 9:02pm On Apr 09, 2021
Na una sabi your yeye talk
Thank God I no dey plan marry grin
Re: “I Can Never Support My Husband With House Rent, It’s His Responsibility” – Lady by Godoverevery: 9:03pm On Apr 09, 2021
demmymoney:

That's why they have the highest rates of divorce in the whole world because they have made women the head of the home. Men are second class citizens in those nations

And we give testimony in church Wen we visit there.

they are far better than us in every aspect despite divorce rate.

1 Like

Re: “I Can Never Support My Husband With House Rent, It’s His Responsibility” – Lady by demmymoney(m): 9:04pm On Apr 09, 2021
Godoverevery:

And we give testimony in church Wen we visit there.

they are far better than us in every aspect despite divorce rate.

So it was women that built those nations ahbi
Re: “I Can Never Support My Husband With House Rent, It’s His Responsibility” – Lady by DaddyRochie1642: 9:12pm On Apr 09, 2021
demmymoney:

Noooooooo

Men don't cheat, they just have sex

Men can Bleep other women and still love their wife or wives

Men cheat wen they start giving other women asides their wife or wives financial security and commitment

We're still saying the same thing
Re: “I Can Never Support My Husband With House Rent, It’s His Responsibility” – Lady by demmymoney(m): 9:15pm On Apr 09, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:

We're still saying the same thing

We are not

Women cheat via fucking another dude outside their husbands.

Men cheat via sharing his resources and commitment to other women asides their wife or wives
Re: “I Can Never Support My Husband With House Rent, It’s His Responsibility” – Lady by DaddyRochie1642: 9:19pm On Apr 09, 2021
demmymoney:

We are not

Women cheat via fucking another dude outside their husbands.

Men cheat via sharing his resources and commitment to other women asides their wife or wives

Oga why do I have this feeling that you have eaten to your satisfaction and your stomach is full this night thats why you have enough strength grin
Re: “I Can Never Support My Husband With House Rent, It’s His Responsibility” – Lady by PrimadonnaO(f): 9:23pm On Apr 09, 2021
The caption is misleading, and I'm sure most people commenting on page 1 and bashing the lady didn't read the whole writeup.

Most women know that when the chips are down, she'll pay rent, she'll pay children's school fees, etc. But I think what I understood from the post is that she's worried that he's already making plans before hand to depend on her contribution towards rent.

6 Likes

Re: “I Can Never Support My Husband With House Rent, It’s His Responsibility” – Lady by slimman007: 9:29pm On Apr 09, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:

People fail to realize that marriage nowadays is more of "Teamwork", go and observe very well it happens all the time around us, "Genuine Teamwork" is what moves a team forward and takes the team to greater heights. If you want to see genuine Teamwork at it's best, take your time and study sports, and you'll understand the beauty of Teamwork, ... If you think that Marriage nowadays in this horrible time our country is in is only a Man's Responsible you may end up Weeping and gnashing your teeth for a long time, ... Nobody wants a LIABILITY, the country's hard, there's serious hunger In the Land, insecurities everywhere, nobody is safe, people are scared and you want to put the "Sole Responsibilities of marriage on a Man's Head alone", you must be joking and like I said earlier, Men are getting more Wiser by the day and I say this without Remorse.

Alot of women dont realize this, once you're a supportive woman to your man in all ramifications, even if he decides to go astray, in his head, he subconsciously compares that woman to you, he compares your qualities to that woman's qualities and he automatically knows that you're way above the woman in all Levels and ramifications... That's why when men cheat, the still end up going back to their Wives because the know the benefit more from the Wife than from the woman the went astray with.... Truely a Man knows where his heart Lies.

I am not saying this to make you feel good but the truth of the matter is that your husband to be is lucky to have you as wife.I have keenly observe your comment on this forum over time you amaze me with the way you contribute how I wish you are my wife,the man that will marry you marries a virtuous woman according to proverbs 31.Wise woman God will grant you a happy home

2 Likes

Re: “I Can Never Support My Husband With House Rent, It’s His Responsibility” – Lady by Poanan: 9:30pm On Apr 09, 2021
Godoverevery:
8 of 10 Nigeria ladies have this mentality that why we have less marriage in our generation.

Is about what they want, the type of man they want and what he must do.....Very selfish set of people.

Only foolish men end up with such ladies..... right from dating level you go Dan they push some lil bills to her to know if nah liability you wan carry abi nah asset.

right from dating. na so
Re: “I Can Never Support My Husband With House Rent, It’s His Responsibility” – Lady by Victoria938(f): 9:47pm On Apr 09, 2021
I'm not doubting you sweet heart. Men are meant to be the providers according to the scripture and nature. But the way our economy is going now, salary remaining stagnant while there's inflation.

my dear, women are no longer persuaded to contribute any longer, majority are now seeing the need to. It is no longer optional but a necessity. If you are still going into the marriage with the mentality that my hubby is the head of the family and he owns all the responsibility, you may end up being frustrated, that's what leads most women to nagging. when you discover that the money he brings to the table ain't adequate enough.... He won't kill himself na. He can only try his best..... No matter how little, pls try to have something doing in other to contribute. All hands ought to be on the deck for the success of the family. Not necessarily about house rent or tuition fee, but there is value and respect when you replaced a finish item than always waiting for your husband even when little thing as match stick ain't in the house. I pray God blesses every woman the resources to partake in her family's upkeep.

4 Likes

Re: “I Can Never Support My Husband With House Rent, It’s His Responsibility” – Lady by Qatar2022: 10:02pm On Apr 09, 2021
Ardar:
That is how they start, from support me in house rent to support me in school fees to support me in feeding, clothing of the kids and so on.

They always need women to lessen their job as husbands all the while downplaying the roles their wives play in taking care of the kids and domestic work with the usual "it's beneath me as a man to do all these" at the end the woman will end up looking like an old hag while she's still in her thirties.

They also expect their wives kiss their feet in the name of submission by using the bible as a reference but forget the bible exist when it comes to adultery on their part.

There is nothing wrong in women contributing to the home financially, in fact as a child there this joy you have knowing both your parents are capable of taking care of you but this system does not always work when married to the average Nigerian mail because of the way they are wired.
With this mentality you will die single
Re: “I Can Never Support My Husband With House Rent, It’s His Responsibility” – Lady by TSBO: 10:28pm On Apr 09, 2021
PrimadonnaO:
The caption is misleading, and I'm sure most people commenting on page 1 and bashing the lady didn't read the whole writeup.

Most women know that when the chips are down, she'll pay rent, she'll pay children's school fees, etc. But I think what I understood from the post is that she's worried that he's already making plans before hand to depend on her contribution towards rent.

I don't think opinions will change after reading through the writeup. Summarily, as is quite common in this part of the world, she seems to believe that the man is "the" provider, and should solely/primarily bear the financial responsibility of the home.

Interestingly, Nigerian men are increasingly revolting against this expectation, in and out of marriage. It seems "the times they are a-changing".
Re: “I Can Never Support My Husband With House Rent, It’s His Responsibility” – Lady by TSBO: 10:30pm On Apr 09, 2021
Victoria938:
I'm not doubting you sweet heart. Men are meant to be the providers according to the scripture and nature. But the way our economy is going now, salary remaining stagnant while there's inflation.

my dear, women are no longer persuaded to contribute any longer, majority are now seeing the need to. It is no longer optional but a necessity. If you are still going into the marriage with the mentality that my hubby is the head of the family and he owns all the responsibility, you may end up being frustrated, that's what leads most women to nagging. when you discover that the money he brings to the table ain't adequate enough.... He won't kill himself na. He can only try his best..... No matter how little, pls try to have something doing in other to contribute. All hands ought to be on the deck for the success of the family. Not necessarily about house rent or tuition fee, but there is value and respect when you replaced a finish item than always waiting for your husband even when little thing as match stick ain't in the house. I pray God blesses every woman the resources to partake in her family's upkeep.

Just curious. Which scripture?
Re: “I Can Never Support My Husband With House Rent, It’s His Responsibility” – Lady by averageguy(m): 10:41pm On Apr 09, 2021
TSBO:

Just curious. Which scripture?

I think the big one a lot of people reference is 1 Tim. 5:8
Re: “I Can Never Support My Husband With House Rent, It’s His Responsibility” – Lady by Nobody: 10:45pm On Apr 09, 2021
I bet this woman would be a nightmare to the Husband.
Re: “I Can Never Support My Husband With House Rent, It’s His Responsibility” – Lady by averageguy(m): 10:45pm On Apr 09, 2021
While I personally believe in working as a unit and the wife being able to help the husband in all areas, I find it somewhat ironic that men have issues with a lady possibly refusing to help financially, even though the men hardly help with household chores, cooking, and taking care of kids.

If you believe your wife should be splitting financial responsibilities, wouldn't it makes sense that you also split the household responsibilities down the middle?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Can Never Support My Husband With House Rent, It’s His Responsibility” – Lady by OscarJaden(m): 10:52pm On Apr 09, 2021
Romanoff:
Imagine being asked to pack out of a house whose rent you're contributing to.

Wisdom Wisdom Wisdom.
I just hope your husband is not on nairaland

I don't want to read any story that touches the hrt about your marriage here
Re: “I Can Never Support My Husband With House Rent, It’s His Responsibility” – Lady by ImaIma1(f): 11:05pm On Apr 09, 2021
What's the small things she wants to be supporting with? Salt? pure water? Or what? She ain't ready to support or she doesn't like the guy, not to talk of love.
Re: “I Can Never Support My Husband With House Rent, It’s His Responsibility” – Lady by addictiv(m): 1:37am On Apr 10, 2021
This one is not a problem na, just operate a single joint account between both of you.. Every money that comes to both of you will come into one pot and you make expenses and savings from there. Nothing like his money and her money... Only our money, it will curtail reckless spending because you can decide that any single expenses of eg. 100k and above will have to be done with the other partners knowledge. Promotes transparency too. You can also have individual personal savings accounts that get some percentage of earnings from the main pot if you want some personal space.
Re: “I Can Never Support My Husband With House Rent, It’s His Responsibility” – Lady by Romanoff(f): 1:59am On Apr 10, 2021
OscarJaden:
I just hope your husband is not on nairaland

I don't want to read any story that touches the hrt about your marriage here

Let me even know if you understand my comment, what do you think I meant?
Re: “I Can Never Support My Husband With House Rent, It’s His Responsibility” – Lady by Vision101(m): 3:54am On Apr 10, 2021

Wisdom Wisdom Wisdom.

Don't worry when landlord wants to eject for owing rent he will eject the man only and leave you.
Re: “I Can Never Support My Husband With House Rent, It’s His Responsibility” – Lady by VTJN(m): 5:00am On Apr 10, 2021
The man already had an entitled mentality, it's the core responsibility of a man to provide an accommodation for his intending family

It's also the responsibility of a woman to support her hubby,

Nonetheless, you as a man are not supposed to feel entitled to that to the extent of asking her, you don't necessarily need to ask her if she will be supportive, you aren't blind, you will obviously see it in her while courting/dating

Asking her makes you somewhat a weak man, women naturally wants a man to be a man in all ramifications

Men should try as much as possible to delete the mentality of being good on bed as a yardstick that makes them a real man

That's fallacy, a real man is someone that is responsible in and out(not an entitled man)

Naturally God didn't create women to support men in finances, Nigeria economy makes men have such kinda mentality

While our women tend to be industrious due to the nature of men societies BREEDS lately, they work just like their male counterpart

Fine, even if you deem it fit to talk about your spouse being supportive or not, while not something else? As a man i don't think it's right to ask your soon to be wife such kinda question

If i have a sister or a female friend whoes partner asked such question, i will advise her to be very careful of that man and watchful

These are one of the signs to know a man that will be responsible, A RESPONSIBLE MAN IS KEY

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “I Can Never Support My Husband With House Rent, It’s His Responsibility” – Lady by blazepascal(m): 6:01am On Apr 10, 2021
Ardar:
That is how they start, from support me in house rent to support me in school fees to support me in feeding, clothing of the kids and so on.

They always need women to lessen their job as husbands all the while downplaying the roles their wives play in taking care of the kids and domestic work with the usual "it's beneath me as a man to do all these" at the end the woman will end up looking like an old hag while she's still in her thirties.

They also expect their wives kiss their feet in the name of submission by using the bible as a reference but forget the bible exist when it comes to adultery on their part.

There is nothing wrong in women contributing to the home financially, in fact as a child there this joy you have knowing both your parents are capable of taking care of you but this system does not always work when married to the average Nigerian mail because of the way they are wired.
you have a very poor sense of reasoning. next time you type think well I'm just advising you
Re: “I Can Never Support My Husband With House Rent, It’s His Responsibility” – Lady by Rhesusmonkey(m): 6:11am On Apr 10, 2021
Romanoff:

Wisdom Wisdom Wisdom.

Which stupid wisdom, why is it that ladies of this generation always planning the end before even starting the marriage, see the kind thing you dey imagine, kwantinu
If you are marrying to a guy and be hoping to be chased out somebody, then why not remain in your Father's house or become a baby mama. Some of you dont just know what marriage is all about
Re: “I Can Never Support My Husband With House Rent, It’s His Responsibility” – Lady by Romanoff(f): 6:36am On Apr 10, 2021
Rhesusmonkey:

Which stupid wisdom, why is it that ladies of this generation always planning the end before even starting the marriage, see the kind thing you dey imagine, kwantinu
If you are marrying to a guy and be hoping to be chased out somebody, then why not remain in your Father's house or become a baby mama. Some of you dont just know what marriage is all about

It's the same reason you give a marriage your all so it doesn't crash and if it does, you'd know you gave it your best shot.

Again, ladies, work o, have your own money.
Contribute to the home, contribute to joint projects in the home.

E get why o.

1 Like

Re: “I Can Never Support My Husband With House Rent, It’s His Responsibility” – Lady by TSBO: 7:12am On Apr 10, 2021
averageguy:
While I personally believe in working as a unit and the wife being able to help the husband in all areas, I find it somewhat ironic that men have issues with a lady possibly refusing to help financially, even though the men hardly help with household chores, cooking, and taking care of kids.

If you believe your wife should be splitting financial responsibilities, wouldn't it makes sense that you also split the household responsibilities down the middle?

Sir, all these are cultural constructs. I think this matter is not about splitting down the middle. I saw a post on Twitter the other day, that marriage isn't even 50/50, it is 100/100. However, many times, it may even seem like its 90/10 or 10/90, but that should not be a problem, except it is permanently so for no good reason.

Money, chores etc are things necessary within the family. These things should be discussed practically and not from a gender roles perspective. Nothing says men shouldn't do chores. In fact, in many homes, men run around to resolve all kinds of issues but notice how that never gets talked about. And men should love and cherish their wives, not make their lives miserable through incessant chores.

Lastly, that one party does chores does not mean he/she cannot contribute financially, and vice versa. It is a family after all. I really don't get it, why get married if you want to keep your own stuff to yourself? If you want to do that, then draw up a contract or reach an agreement ahead on how you want to split these things. But it seems many don't bother to have such conversations.

1 Like

Re: “I Can Never Support My Husband With House Rent, It’s His Responsibility” – Lady by TSBO: 7:37am On Apr 10, 2021
averageguy:

I think the big one a lot of people reference is 1 Tim. 5:8

I am still awaiting her response but on this passage. It has been heavily abused. That's what happens when people read their thoughts/culture into the Bible.

Every chapter must be read in context. In that chapter, from verse 3, Apostle Paul begins to talk about widows, gives some instructions, describes who a widow indeed is etc, then in verse 8, while still speaking on widows, he says "1Ti 5:8 KJV But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel."

So, it is either that he was referring to widows only (who are female) or he was referring to anyone (male or female) because there is no point referring to only men as he was speaking about what widows should do.

Evidently, it looks like it was the latter, he was speaking to widows, but in the process says "...if any provide not.." and continues with the singular pronoun "he", which of course refers to the collective "any". That passage refers to anyone, male or female. In case anyone disagrees, remember that often (if not always), the male pronoun is used to refer to the collective in the Bible. I don't think I've ever come across "he/she" or a female pronoun used for a collective that includes male and female.

See an example below of Jesus speaking to the woman at the well..

Joh 4:13-14 KJV 13 Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: 14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

As a female, it is your responsibility to provide for your home, as it is the responsibility of the male as well.
Re: “I Can Never Support My Husband With House Rent, It’s His Responsibility” – Lady by drimzsmoke(m): 9:32am On Apr 10, 2021
The problem with the present day couples is that most of us don't know our roles in relationship anymore....
In the time immemorial,it was easy,there was the hunter and there was the nest defender....thousands of years after,things have change but men and women of the present generation have refused to change
You can't expect a woman who work till 6/8PM to come back in the evening to cook whereas you've been home all day doing nothing....same way you can't expect your husband to be earning lesser/equal your salary and you won't support with the home maintenance or house rent...Time has changed!!!

2 Likes

Re: “I Can Never Support My Husband With House Rent, It’s His Responsibility” – Lady by lereinter(m): 9:58am On Apr 10, 2021
Ardar:

Lolzzzzz

May you never marry such men

May you marry people like nwoko, alaafin, davido

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Am Not Lucky With A Husband. / Are Today's Mothers Doing Enough To Protect The Female Child? / My Girl Saw Me With Mine Female Friend When She Came Back From School.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.