Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,465 members, 7,861,343 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 10:14 AM

U.S Cop Fired For Pepper Spraying A Black US Army Lieutenant In Sickening Video - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / U.S Cop Fired For Pepper Spraying A Black US Army Lieutenant In Sickening Video (42896 Views)

U.S Cop Shot Dead By Drug Dealer During Highway Check In Scary Video / Fake Army Lieutenant In EFCC Net For Multiple Fraud / Kidnapper Who Killed Pastor And Used His Liver For Pepper Soup Arrested. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S Cop Fired For Pepper Spraying A Black US Army Lieutenant In Sickening Video by uunwanaobong3: 1:56pm On Apr 13, 2021
AMERICA IS FIGHTING WITH HERSELF AND CALLING EACH OTHER DOMESTIC TERRORIST while china is gradually taking over the world,..... Just yestaday china deploy hundreds of war planes over Taiwan and America is watching helplessly.

Democrats have destroyed america greatnes including military with wokeism and critical race theory /cancel culture/equity mentality
Re: U.S Cop Fired For Pepper Spraying A Black US Army Lieutenant In Sickening Video by Moneyminded1(f): 1:59pm On Apr 13, 2021
farem:

Don't change conventional words to fit in your village pronunciation. That word is olopa and that's how it is written worldwide not olokpa

You are a bamboo ! Dirty afonja undecided
Re: U.S Cop Fired For Pepper Spraying A Black US Army Lieutenant In Sickening Video by tonyson010(m): 2:09pm On Apr 13, 2021
IamBlanco:

Permit me to educate you, the number one haters of Asians in the US are blacks. Get your facts right.

Thank you, please go on. That means that we are more racist in America ??
Re: U.S Cop Fired For Pepper Spraying A Black US Army Lieutenant In Sickening Video by chukxie(m): 2:20pm On Apr 13, 2021
This is one of the reasons I scoff with utter disdain whenever America accuses countries like China and Russia of human right violations. A pot cannot call a kettle black. A shame of a country !

1 Like

Re: U.S Cop Fired For Pepper Spraying A Black US Army Lieutenant In Sickening Video by salford1: 2:23pm On Apr 13, 2021
Tayeni:
Let's say he was afraid of being shot, after pulling up at the gas station. The next "proper" thing to do was to comply. Put your hands up, slowly step out of the car. And you'd be on your way home in no time.

why do black Americans always behave irrationally stubborn, thereby heightening an already tense situation. And when it escalates out of control, they start playing the victim card.

How would he do that with the seat belt strapped?
If he reached for his seat belt, bullets would be pumped into him. They would say he was reaching for a gun.

Since you want to make this about black Americans, Immigrant Diallo from Guinea was shot 41 times for reaching out for his wallet. If you were the one that had this encounter, you would have been shot in a dark corner because as a fresh of the boat immigrant, you won't have the sense to drive to a well lit area like a gas station.

This soldier used his military training to survive that encounter, yet you slammed him for it.

6 Likes

Re: U.S Cop Fired For Pepper Spraying A Black US Army Lieutenant In Sickening Video by salford1: 2:25pm On Apr 13, 2021
olarid01:

There are 2 contradicting orders: show your hands, get out of the car. If he'd put his hand down to open the car, he'd be shot dead, and the officer will claim he thought he's going for his weapon. Not putting his hands down save him that day
And he had a seat belt strapped too.

1 Like

Re: U.S Cop Fired For Pepper Spraying A Black US Army Lieutenant In Sickening Video by Jakumo(m): 2:29pm On Apr 13, 2021
salford1:

If he reached for his seat belt, bullets would be pumped into him. They would say he was reaching for a gun. Diallo was shot over 20 times for reaching out for his wallet. If you were the one that had this encounter, you would have been shot in a dark corner because as a fresh of the boat immigrant, you won't have the sense to drive to a well lit area like a gas station.

This soldier used his military training to survive that encounter, yet you slammed him for it.

Nigeria is full of Monday morning quarterbacks who imagine themselves to be smarter than every other person alive. Name any subject, and a hundred Nigerian "experts" will start writing pages of ridiculous conjecture based entirely on rumors, television, and youtube videos.

1 Like

Re: U.S Cop Fired For Pepper Spraying A Black US Army Lieutenant In Sickening Video by salford1: 2:30pm On Apr 13, 2021
Jakumo:

Nigeria is full of Monday morning quarterbacks who imagine themselves to be smarter than every other person alive. Name any subject, and a hundred Nigerian "experts" will start writing pages of ridiculous conjecture based entirely on rumors, television, and youtube videos.
grin
Re: U.S Cop Fired For Pepper Spraying A Black US Army Lieutenant In Sickening Video by salford1: 2:34pm On Apr 13, 2021
IamBlanco:

Permit me to educate you, the number one haters of Asians in the US are blacks. Get your facts right.
Did you pull this out of your bum..what proof/statistics have you got to back that statement up?
Re: U.S Cop Fired For Pepper Spraying A Black US Army Lieutenant In Sickening Video by salford1: 2:36pm On Apr 13, 2021
BuddhaPalm:

They do Bleep whites up too.

They actually kill more whites yearly: https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/

That's not how statistics work. You need to look deeper into the numbers. Please educate yourself.

What is the population of Black Americans in the USA compared to White Americans?

Statistics and research says a black person is 3 times more likely to be killed despite their low population.

The link you posted also agrees with the Havard research.

Re: U.S Cop Fired For Pepper Spraying A Black US Army Lieutenant In Sickening Video by Shaev7(m): 2:37pm On Apr 13, 2021
Moneyminded1:
Just imagine say na Nigerian military officer and olokpa grin grin ohh the entire police force would have embarked on strike till further notice grin
Wahala oooo I like my country sha....
Re: U.S Cop Fired For Pepper Spraying A Black US Army Lieutenant In Sickening Video by planetx: 2:50pm On Apr 13, 2021
America is not Nigeria where police are afraid of soldiers, the police in the US are the ultimate authority on law and order and can arrest soldiers any day any time. But in this case those two police officers are just racist dickheads and wouldn't have treated a white army officer that way.

2 Likes

Re: U.S Cop Fired For Pepper Spraying A Black US Army Lieutenant In Sickening Video by salford1: 2:57pm On Apr 13, 2021
OnlyDeCapPlease:

First of all, compared to fellow G8 countries, US police is useless. They can't handle situations. Everything escalates with them, no restraint. Overfed egotistical emotional petty and unprofessional. Only special tactical teams appear to act professionally.

Agreed.
Re: U.S Cop Fired For Pepper Spraying A Black US Army Lieutenant In Sickening Video by planetx: 2:58pm On Apr 13, 2021
Ekejoestar:

Bro, how you go take help me make I come over there 4 yankee
Because you don't know the road to the embassy.
Re: U.S Cop Fired For Pepper Spraying A Black US Army Lieutenant In Sickening Video by salford1: 3:01pm On Apr 13, 2021
planetx:
America is not Nigeria where police are afraid of soldiers, the police in the US are the ultimate authority on law and order and can arrest soldiers any day any time. But in this case those two police officers are just racist dickheads and wouldn't have treated a white army officer that way.
My assumption: They would have thanked a white officer for his service to the country. Apologized and let the Whiteman enjoy his brand new truck.

2 Likes

Re: U.S Cop Fired For Pepper Spraying A Black US Army Lieutenant In Sickening Video by cayorday89(m): 3:09pm On Apr 13, 2021
Jakumo:

To get out of the car, the man needed to (1) unbuckle his seatbelt, and (2) work the door handle with his hand out of sight from the perspective of the racist cops.

The INSTANT the man's hand moved to unbuckle that seatbelt or open that car door, he would have been shot to pieces by the cops.

Note that with the army officer's hands up in the air, the policemen could easily have reached into the vehicle to unbuckle that seatbelt, and open the car door, but that would have denied them the opportunity to shoot the man, under the pretext that they THOUGHT he was reaching for a gun.

Those repeated screams for the army officer to remove his hands from the visible "surrender" position, were nothing but a deadly TRAP that was recognized as such by the army officer, who will now live to file a robust lawsuit that will fetch him nothing less than 2 to 3 million US greenback dollars as compensation for the terror he faced, that could easily have cost him his life, had he followed those repeated orders to reach back in the car.

Very possibly, those officers had in their possession, a "throw-away" pistol, that would have been hastily placed in the dead man's hands once they had murdered him in cold blood, as concocted "evidence" that their shooting was "justified".

Naw, brother man, that soldier played his cards right, and with great wisdom. Now he is in the power position to retain a good lawyer that will secure his just compensation for this totally unjustified act of attempted murder.

You will stop worshipping white people the instant you set foot in the USA, and personally experience racism.
I have never steeped out of this country but I am an ardent follower of the foreign news, and I must say, armed men all over the world have these things in common, even CBS this morning presenters were like how will he balance his been too slow that he was accused of by the police since been fast is also a crime... The truth is those people are always flexing their power over the blacks.

1 Like

Re: U.S Cop Fired For Pepper Spraying A Black US Army Lieutenant In Sickening Video by EgusiShankly: 3:35pm On Apr 13, 2021
MejiLoyon:
Sometime last year in Winnetka there was a shooting. Just a random gunshot. Till today we don't know who fired that shot. Cop cars racing to the scene didn't even hesitate to pull over and asked us to lie on the ground. Even a fellow black like me dey among them. Wetin we do them no gree talk. Another shot rang out in the distance them no leave us. Another set of police cars dey pas come join us there. Them dey shoot for front na we dem say make we lie down. Because say we put hand for pocket dey feel oyinbo breeze. My hand still carries the mark of that incident. If say them leave me and then no weapon. All those obloblo oyinbo go collect. That day na him me sef use style hate them. I no go lie. I see them as soaked meat. I hate them die. But Wetin me sef find go obloblo country. It is well
grin
Re: U.S Cop Fired For Pepper Spraying A Black US Army Lieutenant In Sickening Video by cococandy(f): 3:46pm On Apr 13, 2021
There will always be that ignorant over sabi nairalander who knows all about how African Americans should behave in order to avoid being killed by racists.

Yet they have never been in the situation themselves.
Leave them
salford1:

If he reached for his seat belt, bullets would be pumped into him. They would say he was reaching for a gun.

Since you want to make this about black Americans, Immigrant Diallo from Guinea was shot 41 times for reaching out for his wallet. If you were the one that had this encounter, you would have been shot in a dark corner because as a fresh of the boat immigrant, you won't have the sense to drive to a well lit area like a gas station.

Re: U.S Cop Fired For Pepper Spraying A Black US Army Lieutenant In Sickening Video by cococandy(f): 3:48pm On Apr 13, 2021
You have patience. Keep educating them
Jakumo:

To get out of the car, the man needed to (1) unbuckle his seatbelt, and (2) work the door handle with his hand out of sight from the perspective of the racist cops.

The INSTANT the man's hand moved to unbuckle that seatbelt or open that car door, he would have been shot to pieces by the cops.

Note that with the army officer's hands up in the air, the policemen could easily have reached into the vehicle to unbuckle that seatbelt, and open the car door, but that would have denied them the opportunity to shoot the man, under the pretext that they THOUGHT he was reaching for a gun.

Those repeated screams for the army officer to remove his hands from the visible "surrender" position, were nothing but a deadly TRAP that was recognized as such by the army officer, who will now live to file a robust lawsuit that will fetch him nothing less than 2 to 3 million US greenback dollars as compensation for the terror he faced, that could easily have cost him his life, had he followed those repeated orders to reach back in the car.

Very possibly, those officers had in their possession, a "throw-away" pistol, that would have been hastily placed in the dead man's hands once they had murdered him in cold blood, as concocted "evidence" that their shooting was "justified".

Naw, brother man, that soldier played his cards right, and with great wisdom. Now he is in the power position to retain a good lawyer that will secure his just compensation for this totally unjustified act of attempted murder.

You will stop worshipping white people the instant you set foot in the USA, and personally experience racism.
Re: U.S Cop Fired For Pepper Spraying A Black US Army Lieutenant In Sickening Video by lekki1444: 3:52pm On Apr 13, 2021
who made this re-tarded looking person a police officer. you can look at him and tell he is re-tarded
Re: U.S Cop Fired For Pepper Spraying A Black US Army Lieutenant In Sickening Video by Sentientmind: 3:56pm On Apr 13, 2021
Explorers:

By now battalion for don burn down the station.
That's why we are blacks and the lowest form of human existence!!! That's still why we are called monkeys because that's all we behave like... behaviours make people humans not walking with two legs.

1 Like

Re: U.S Cop Fired For Pepper Spraying A Black US Army Lieutenant In Sickening Video by jimmynauty: 3:57pm On Apr 13, 2021
Explorers:

You see passerby ehn? Na dem go collect pass.

People wey dey church/mosque jeje dey worship around the station sef fi collect.

Bobo
E happen na japa fly 1 km b4 dos madmaxmen arrive.
Re: U.S Cop Fired For Pepper Spraying A Black US Army Lieutenant In Sickening Video by Tayeni(m): 4:00pm On Apr 13, 2021
salford1:

I'm not saying there aren't bad cops. Before the cops got close to his car....he had enough time to reach for his seat belt safely. Yes, I'm making it a black American thing....because with them it's a victimhood Olympics. Do you know there are more immigrant Doctors than there are African American Doctors in the US today?. Do you know the average income of the Nigerian immigrants outweighs that of African Americans by many folds?

All I'm saying is that racism and bad cops have little bearing on whether you prosper in America today.

It all depends on what your values are as a community.
Re: U.S Cop Fired For Pepper Spraying A Black US Army Lieutenant In Sickening Video by Tayeni(m): 4:10pm On Apr 13, 2021
salford1:

That's not how statistics work. You need to look deeper into the numbers. Please educate yourself.

What is the population of Black Americans in the USA compared to White Americans?

Statistics and research says a black person is 3 times more likely to be killed despite their low population.

The link you posted also agrees with the Havard research.
It's easy to guess the reason for more black people to be killed in an encounter with police officer. Propensity to be a criminal. Now we can debate on why that is so....because it's another discussion on its own. But we both agreed that black neighborhoods are rife with crime. And whereever there is crime, there tend to be more encounters with police.

Why do you think rappers brag about "leaving the hood" as an achievement. Or bragging about making it past their 18th birthday. Don't let The barbeque parties and family reunions in the movies fool you. Black neighborhoods are literal war zones.
Re: U.S Cop Fired For Pepper Spraying A Black US Army Lieutenant In Sickening Video by Absoj(m): 4:12pm On Apr 13, 2021
grin grin grin
Explorers:

You see passerby ehn? Na dem go collect pass.

People wey dey church/mosque jeje dey worship around the station sef fi collect.
Re: U.S Cop Fired For Pepper Spraying A Black US Army Lieutenant In Sickening Video by salford1: 4:28pm On Apr 13, 2021
cococandy:
There will always be that ignorant over sabi nairalander who knows all about how African Americans should behave in order to avoid being killed by racists.

Yet they have never been in the situation themselves.
Leave them
Of course. Na normal levels for Nairaland. cheesy

Just imagine the nonsense they are spewing. One up there is trying to justify police shooting of black people just on rate of crimes within the black community. How is it different from Nigerian police (SARS) labelling everyone with a laptop or nice phone as yahoo boy?

I don't even have the time to educate anyone. It can be very tiring and I am also at work.

2 Likes

Re: U.S Cop Fired For Pepper Spraying A Black US Army Lieutenant In Sickening Video by Weregonnalose: 5:04pm On Apr 13, 2021
salford1:

Of course. Na normal levels for Nairaland. cheesy

Just imagine the nonsense they are spewing. One up there is trying to justify police shooting of black people just on rate of crimes within the black community. How is it different from Nigerian police (SARS) labelling everyone with a laptop or nice phone as yahoo boy?

I don't even have the time to educate anyone. It can be very tiring and I am also at work.

It is common sense. Something you haven't been able to use for a while.

This one resisted and died.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVH6q0ul72A
A lesson for the wise.

1 Like

Re: U.S Cop Fired For Pepper Spraying A Black US Army Lieutenant In Sickening Video by 27Pushing30: 5:12pm On Apr 13, 2021
Liposure:
He messed with the wrong victim. Good riddance to bad rubbish

How exactly is it bad rubbish?

!. A police officer tells you to stop. YOU DID NOT STOP
2. 2 MINUTES LATER you ride into a filling station ... officer says COME DOWN , you refuse.
3. You get pepper sprayed until you AGREE to come down
4. You come down and refuse to get into a "non threatening position: you still refuse.

My guy all you are seeing here is just PR.

Luckily the cop is ALSO latino so nothing like "WHITE on LATINO/BLACK" uproar.

2 Likes

Re: U.S Cop Fired For Pepper Spraying A Black US Army Lieutenant In Sickening Video by hilaryCU(m): 5:34pm On Apr 13, 2021
Tayeni:
Let's say he was afraid of being shot, after pulling up at the gas station. The next "proper" thing to do was to comply. Put your hands up, slowly step out of the car. And you'd be on your way home in no time.

why do black Americans always behave irrationally stubborn, thereby heightening an already tense situation. And when it escalates out of control, they start playing the victim card.

Something for that Duante guy, accidentally shot by a policewoman after resisting arrest and trying to drive off. Why do you always want to hop and dance and run when you already know the cops are jumpy. Now they have started thrashing and burning their own neighborhood. Such harebrained move.

I quite agree with you. The cops are really jumpy out there because they are public enemies to criminals. Anything to defuse any tension when you have an encounter with them is best advised.

Although, where this police officer got it wrong was his actions after he must have realized that the guy wasn't a security threat.

1 Like

Re: U.S Cop Fired For Pepper Spraying A Black US Army Lieutenant In Sickening Video by Aeg0n: 5:48pm On Apr 13, 2021
terrymason:
We passer by(Civilians), go join collect small for the army hand.
Once upon a time.....
Re: U.S Cop Fired For Pepper Spraying A Black US Army Lieutenant In Sickening Video by Tedpgrass: 6:49pm On Apr 13, 2021
Tayeni:
point 5 isn't true. He was ordered to step out of the car for over 20 times and he refused. Before that, he drove for over a mile before finally stopping. Put yourself in the shoes of the policeman. Is that not a red flag that something is off?

In today's climate of rogue cops, what he did was clever..
Driving till he found a well lit area that could show up clearly on a recording device.

Putting on his blinkers and slowing down showed he recognised the presence of the cops and was looking for a safe place to stop. We don't know the highway and whether there were no safe lay-bys to stop at.

Don't recollect him being asked 20 times to get out of the car from the video.

But pepper spraying a harmless man who repeatedly vocalised his concerns about his safety if he was to step away from the car with a recording device on the dashboard, with hands in surrender position, was excessive on the part of the cop.

Something was amiss but the cop could have come out of this, the bigger person. If he didn't fall into a trap as this could be tagged out to be.

Concerns about covert firearms use wasn't really evident in the video... As the hands were always visible above his head.

Any corps member knows this.. As its shoot to kill when the situation becomes heightened or fraught.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

17-Year-Old Girl Raped And Murdered In Kebbi (Photos) / Nigerian Man And His Indian Girlfriend Arrested For Duping Job Applicants / Ekiti Pregnant Woman Killed By Fulani Herdsmen (Graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.