Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,608 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

Fayose: Why We Overlooked Over-Voting At PDP South West Congress - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose: Why We Overlooked Over-Voting At PDP South West Congress (15333 Views)

Fayose: Why Wike Will Not Support Atiku / 2023: PDP South East Presidential Aspirants Unite To Pick Consensus Candidate / Fayose: PDP South West Congress Election Was A Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayose: Why We Overlooked Over-Voting At PDP South West Congress by Officialhorlah(m): 3:49am On Apr 13, 2021
Former Governor of Ekiti State, Ayodele Fayose has said he and others chose to overlook over-voting at the PDP Southwest zonal congress because of the interest of the party.

In the election held on Monday, Governor Seyi Makinde’s candidate, Ambassador Taofeek Arapaja narrowly defeated Fayose’s candidate, Dr. Eddy Olafeso to become the PDP Chairman, Southwest.

Arapaja polled 343 votes to defeat Olafeso, who got 330 votes.

But Fayose, in series of tweets late Monday night congratulated Arapaja on his emergence as the Southwest Zonal Chairman of the PDP.

“Like I said in my speech at the beginning of the congress that we should win together and we have indeed won together.

“Whatever may be our reservations on the issue of over-voting, we have chosen to look at the larger picture, which is the PDP.

“We must therefore use our energy and resources to rebuild the party,” he said.

Fayose added: “Arapaja’s 343 and Olafeso’s 330 votes, has simply shown strength on the two sides, this should be explored by the party, going forward.

“I thank the National Working Committee (NWC) for helping to bring this congress behind us.”

At the congress, Fayose and Makinde settled their rift and reconciled, with Fayose accepting Makinde as his Southwest leader.

In his remarks, Makinde described the congress as a family affair and also an attempt to reposition the PDP in the SouthWest.

“This election is a family affair and also an attempt to reposition the PDP in the South-West and the outcome will have implications for our party at the national level. We don’t want to defeat ourselves but rather we want to defeat the opposition.

“As the only PDP governor in the SouthWest, I will work with anyone who emerges as the chairman in the zone and I will work with the team to reposition our party,’’ Makinde said.

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2021/04/13/why-we-overlooked-over-voting-at-pdp-southwest-congress-fayose/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayose: Why We Overlooked Over-Voting At PDP South West Congress by babdap: 4:01am On Apr 13, 2021
The man that speaks from both sides of his mouth.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose: Why We Overlooked Over-Voting At PDP South West Congress by Freetech: 4:03am On Apr 13, 2021
Criminals, overvoting @ ordinary zonal Congress election.

What will happen if they conduct national elections, yet they criticized FG and Inec as if they are better.

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fayose: Why We Overlooked Over-Voting At PDP South West Congress by crafteck(m): 5:26am On Apr 13, 2021
Is there any reason to block someone above 60 years old in 2023
Re: Fayose: Why We Overlooked Over-Voting At PDP South West Congress by preacherz: 5:27am On Apr 13, 2021
Love him or loathe him
Fayose remains a force in d political
Spheres of this country.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose: Why We Overlooked Over-Voting At PDP South West Congress by iampeterben(m): 5:30am On Apr 13, 2021
Okay, we have heard you people okay, we the people of Nigeria are saying we don't want you people again, PDP or APC, we are tired of your misgovernace. We need a fresh party that will consist of youths to pilot the affairs of this nation. Hopefully, Nigeria can get it right once again. You people's time I mean you people our fathers time has elapsed, go and rest.

5 Likes

Re: Fayose: Why We Overlooked Over-Voting At PDP South West Congress by easyfem(m): 5:30am On Apr 13, 2021
It's been a long time I read good news concerning naija .... I just dey thank GOD for my life sha
Re: Fayose: Why We Overlooked Over-Voting At PDP South West Congress by PowerOfPrayer: 5:33am On Apr 13, 2021
Ok
Re: Fayose: Why We Overlooked Over-Voting At PDP South West Congress by Kuginzi: 5:35am On Apr 13, 2021
Over-voting!! PDP

8 Likes

Re: Fayose: Why We Overlooked Over-Voting At PDP South West Congress by royalamour(m): 5:44am On Apr 13, 2021
Not a good sign from PDP

5 Likes

Re: Fayose: Why We Overlooked Over-Voting At PDP South West Congress by jeyem(m): 5:45am On Apr 13, 2021
iampeterben:
Okay, we have heard you people okay, we the people of Nigeria are saying we don't want you people again, PDP or APC, we are tired of your misgovernace. We need a fresh party that will consist of youths to pilot the affairs of this nation. Hopefully, Nigeria can get it right once again. You people's time I mean you people our fathers time has elapsed, go and rest.
my brother! Even youth can not be trusted! Every youth wanna use G wagon! I dont just know the way forward in this our country!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose: Why We Overlooked Over-Voting At PDP South West Congress by MrAAA2: 5:46am On Apr 13, 2021
Zonal Election in a single party, PDP. Total number of delegates according to the result is meagre 673 votes yet there was over voting! Our politicians are all clowns.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose: Why We Overlooked Over-Voting At PDP South West Congress by Oppy2k2: 5:47am On Apr 13, 2021
PDP, what an organise party. If it is APC now, at least 3 people for don panyin

7 Likes

Re: Fayose: Why We Overlooked Over-Voting At PDP South West Congress by southsouthking(m): 5:47am On Apr 13, 2021
Lols oshioquake
Re: Fayose: Why We Overlooked Over-Voting At PDP South West Congress by budusky05(m): 5:48am On Apr 13, 2021
Loser talking

1 Like

Re: Fayose: Why We Overlooked Over-Voting At PDP South West Congress by 1bunne4lif(m): 5:51am On Apr 13, 2021
GOOD FOR THEM
Re: Fayose: Why We Overlooked Over-Voting At PDP South West Congress by Duplexxx: 5:52am On Apr 13, 2021
grin
Re: Fayose: Why We Overlooked Over-Voting At PDP South West Congress by seanfer(m): 5:53am On Apr 13, 2021
So they still rig their internal election. Naija politicians are worse than the devil.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose: Why We Overlooked Over-Voting At PDP South West Congress by focus7: 5:56am On Apr 13, 2021
This is what PDP represent, election irregularity and corruption.

CORRUPTION IS NOT STEALING

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose: Why We Overlooked Over-Voting At PDP South West Congress by helinues: 5:59am On Apr 13, 2021
Ordinary zonal election, Pdp as usual are rigging...

Less than 1,000 votes oo they are still manipulating themselves and this is the party that wants to return to power in 2023?

Pdp, die die die die die die die die

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose: Why We Overlooked Over-Voting At PDP South West Congress by Asgard13: 6:01am On Apr 13, 2021
cool
Re: Fayose: Why We Overlooked Over-Voting At PDP South West Congress by helinues: 6:03am On Apr 13, 2021
Asgard13:
cool

You see your angelic party Pdp.. Over voting in less than 1,000 votes...

No Wonder you couldn't define what Pdp stand for...

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose: Why We Overlooked Over-Voting At PDP South West Congress by fasho01(m): 6:04am On Apr 13, 2021
Pdp = Apc
Same ideology, different platforms

1 Like

Re: Fayose: Why We Overlooked Over-Voting At PDP South West Congress by Asgard13: 6:09am On Apr 13, 2021
helinues:

You see your angelic party Pdp.. Over voting in less than 1,000 votes...

No Wonder you couldn't define what Pdp stand for...

Is politics helinues... that’s what is called.. same with Apc..
We already knows the difference between..

One is just a political party
Other is a political party with extreme religious and tribal superiority ideology.

Instilling fear as means of control ..

Apc is evil.. wake up helinues.. is all about citizens of this country.. Na us dey collect.. from zamfara to oyo reach ebonyi ... Na same news..

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose: Why We Overlooked Over-Voting At PDP South West Congress by DuBLINGreenb(m): 6:11am On Apr 13, 2021
PDP no fit ever Change.

I don't know why Nigerians don't want to make all these criminals irrelevant, isn't the criminality so obvious? This is not the first and won't be the last

Redemption can never come from these crop of criminals
These men can NEVER bring anything good to Nigeria.

Why not throw them away, you people will let them control you based on ethnic, religious and other meaningless sentiments that does not put food on your table

Na your village man so

The man is living in Luxury, lavishing state wealth while you his brother, his village man, are living in squalor, in abject poverty. You can't even enter his gate, his security won't let you in.
Yet you claim he is "your man", he is from your state, your tribe, your religion, oya go near am na make we see.

Here in naira land i see poor people who apart from their phones and data have absolutely nothing yet they defend Tinubu, Buhari, Uzo Kalu, Obasanjo and so on

As if these men have done anything to better their lives.
If they had we wouldn't be poverty capital of the world today, we wouldn't have the most out of school children in the world today, we wouldn't have 3 of the world's top 10 Terrorist groups in Nigeria.
Make Una continue to dey Mumu Una selves for pittance. For a spoon of spoilt porridge when the entire pot could be yours. These days sef Politicians just dip their finger tips in the spoon give you to lick and you support them with their lives you no longer even see spoon or bowl they give those to their children now see them Zara buhari's, indimi daughters, atikus sons,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayose: Why We Overlooked Over-Voting At PDP South West Congress by helinues: 6:16am On Apr 13, 2021
Asgard13:

Is politics helinues... that’s what is called.. same with Apc..
We already knows the difference between..

One is just a political party
Other is a political party with extreme religious and tribal superiority ideology.

Instilling fear as means of control ..

Apc is evil.. wake up helinues.. is all about citizens of this country.. Na us dey collect.. from zamfara to oyo reach ebonyi ... Na same news..

In all this epistle, still no definition of what Pdp stands for or what their ideology is all about..

How would you win new members for your party if you don't know what the party stand for..

This time, save us the epistle and answer the question

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose: Why We Overlooked Over-Voting At PDP South West Congress by Asgard13: 6:19am On Apr 13, 2021
helinues:

In all this epistle, still no definition of what Pdp stands for or what their ideology is all about..

How would you win new members for your party if you don't know what the party stand for..

This time, save us the epistle and answer the question

I don’t play your games... helinues.. no be today.

Good morning.

2 Likes

Re: Fayose: Why We Overlooked Over-Voting At PDP South West Congress by helinues: 6:21am On Apr 13, 2021
Asgard13:

I don’t play your games... helinues.. no be today.

Good morning.

Then you must have followed/listened to Amanda's message about Percy

grin cheesy grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose: Why We Overlooked Over-Voting At PDP South West Congress by pfadom: 6:24am On Apr 13, 2021
PDP has not changed its spots and odour. Over voting since the era of Maurice Iwu's INEC. They count it as nothing.

May PDP never smell presidency again with the magnitude of thuggery and violence experience recorded at mere zonal congress of the party.

I shake my head in pity for these deceivers and my fellow Nigerians.

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: Tough Challenges For APC As Campaigns Begin Next Month / Boko Haram Kidnaps About 16 Women In Adamawa / Nationwide Blackout Imminent As Power Generation Falls Below 3,000MW

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.