Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,141 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

How Expensive Is It To Maintain A Car In England - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Expensive Is It To Maintain A Car In England (1311 Views)

Benue Government Collects Generators Tax To ‘maintain Ozone Layer’ / PHOTO: 40 Feet Container Falls On Car In Maryland / PDP Governors Vow To Maintain Lead Across The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Expensive Is It To Maintain A Car In England by buzugee(m): 6:18pm On Apr 19, 2011
give me all the costs.
Re: How Expensive Is It To Maintain A Car In England by liquid7: 6:43pm On Apr 19, 2011
wrong forum .needs to be moved.
car maintance is not super expensive espically when you find the right mechanic but there are other costs that makes it terribly expensive.

car insurance here depends on your number of yrs driving and not claiming and the type of car and engine size.

for instance a driver of 1 year who buys a 2.0l engine will pay about £2200 in insurance a year alone.if you claim or the car is classified as sport then it can easily double.
a driver of 1 yr not claiming ,parking the car in a garage at night with 1.4l engine car will be about £900.

you have to keep the car in good condition espically near MoT check.if it fails the check then you cannot use the car on the road.this is done yearly and test itself cost £41.
road disc is about £120 per year,depending again.

petrol is about £1.25 per litre.

if you live in london and wish to drive to the centre you also must pay a charge(forgot how much as its been a while since i drove to london).
Re: How Expensive Is It To Maintain A Car In England by monkeyleg: 6:48pm On Apr 19, 2011
it depends on what car. Break down

1: Car insurance. depends on the level you take from fully comprehensive to 3rd party, which could be from £2000 to £500. All depending on the car

2: Road Tax .  Again depends on the car, buit typically £200 - 300

3: MOT.  Typically about £50
4; Servicing. Depends on the car but a full servuces would set you back about £600
5: Fuel. Petrol or desiel is very expensive in the UK. If you use your car regularly, you shoud expect to pay about £35 per week. That is about £140 per month. That figure could change drastically if you take your car to work

So I guess a figure of £3500  - £12000. all depends on make and mode of car as well as usage.

Hope this helps
Re: How Expensive Is It To Maintain A Car In England by buzugee(m): 7:22pm On Apr 19, 2011
liquid7:

wrong forum .needs to be moved.
car maintance is not super expensive espically when you find the right mechanic but there are other costs that makes it terribly expensive.

car insurance here depends on your number of yrs driving and not claiming and the type of car and engine size.

for instance a driver of 1 year who buys a 2.0l engine will pay about £2200 in insurance a year alone.if you claim or the car is classified as sport then it can easily double.
a driver of 1 yr not claiming ,parking the car in a garage at night with 1.4l engine car will be about £900.

you have to keep the car in good condition espically near MoT check.if it fails the check then you cannot use the car on the road.this is done yearly and test itself cost £41.
road disc is about £120 per year,depending again.

petrol is about £1.25 per litre.

if you live in london and wish to drive to the centre you also must pay a charge(forgot how much as its been a while since i drove to london).
monkeyleg:

it depends on what car. Break down

1: Car insurance. depends on the level you take from fully comprehensive to 3rd party, which could be from £2000 to £500. All depending on the car

2: Road Tax .  Again depends on the car, buit typically £200 - 300

3: MOT.  Typically about £50
4; Servicing. Depends on the car but a full servuces would set you back about £600
5: Fuel. Petrol or desiel is very expensive in the UK. If you use your car regularly, you shoud expect to pay about £35 per week. That is about £140 per month. That figure could change drastically if you take your car to work

So I guess a figure of £3500  - £12000. all depends on make and mode of car as well as usage.

Hope this helps

monkeyleg and liquid7 i greatly appreciate your input. highly educative
Re: How Expensive Is It To Maintain A Car In England by Fhemmmy: 7:25pm On Apr 19, 2011
For best input, i would advice to post this in the Auto section
Re: How Expensive Is It To Maintain A Car In England by buzugee(m): 7:30pm On Apr 19, 2011
Fhemmmy:

For best input, i would advice to post this in the Auto section
preciate the advice
Re: How Expensive Is It To Maintain A Car In England by Fhemmmy: 7:40pm On Apr 19, 2011
You are very welcome
Re: How Expensive Is It To Maintain A Car In England by liquid7: 7:45pm On Apr 19, 2011
monkeyleg:

hmm thats very costly for servicing though it depends on the car and what needs to be done i expect.full service +mot at renault cost me £129 just last month though the car is only 5 yrs old so needed nothing really but oil change in the end.

(1) (Reply)

No Ministers From Kaduna, Plateau, Ondo / I Am Ready To Defend My Role On Privatisation - Obasanjo / Delta State Needs Serious Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.