Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,134 members, 7,849,551 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:25 AM

Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? (28626 Views)

Nonchalant Wicked Attitude Of Most Employer. / See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? / Dear New Hires, Stop Coming Into Organizations With Messiah Attitude. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by omoadeleye(m): 4:57pm On Apr 13, 2021
Sikay19:
Hello members,
This is a long post and may include some errors. kindly ignore the blunders therein.

So, here it goes.

I was informed of a job offer at one of these LAPO MFB. As requested I went there to submit my application letter along with the credentials.

Getting there, I met with the branch manager. We exchanged greetings, he asked me to sit and thereafter we discussed about the job offer that the pay is #25000 and it is a three months program.

The necessity of hiring extra hands was because they have a target to meet within that stipulated time. During our interaction he went through my letter and eventually told me it wasn't within his capacity to employ that he would have to call me later today or certainly tomorrow after he must have met with the higher authority. that's how we rounded up our discussion and I left his office.

Few hours later, I received his call that I should come right away of which I was busy far away from the place coupled with that I had no transport fare to meet up.

Consequent to that, He asked me to come the following day by 8am. Noting this I went there though before going I had no office shoe as I long forgone anything like corporate work even though I was a teacher wayback.

As to this effect, I didn't want that to be an excuse for me not to go there so I dressed neatly though not tucked in because it wouldn't be proper to tuck in with slide footwear also I trekked to the place even though it's far but that's not a problem anyway.

When I got there at that time I had to wait because they were having morning meeting. After some minutes, He called me in, he asked me some questions about my name, address and others. He proceeded to tell me what he had said the day before. Thereafter, He said I would have to go their state office at Oshogbo to collect a letter indicating my employment . more like a traveling to the place costing me #1500. ordinarily that shouldn't be a problem but I didn't have that money to make the travel that's what I said.

He said the company would settle me on my return. As I was about to seek permission to go outside to make calls. One of them started talking scolding me that I shouldn't have said that I do not have money and my mode of dressing blah blah. I eventually went out to make the calls but I couldn't get any help because it was too sudden.

I went in to tell them, he returned my credentials. that was how I left.

Insults and blames are welcome but be objective please. thank you.

Mr Right man

1 Like

Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by kingk(m): 4:57pm On Apr 13, 2021
Whenever I listen to people's stories, all I could say is "thank God for My life"...

Bro it's well. Oluwa will make better way for you.

1 Like

Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by fait10(m): 5:00pm On Apr 13, 2021
bb
Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by lkillbrokehoes: 5:01pm On Apr 13, 2021
pocohantas:
It is good you didn’t go to that Oshogbo.

Do you know the life of a sales person? It is hard enough in TIER 1 commercial banks that are known, now imagine selling LAPO.

You say you don’t have office shoes? Had it been you took the job, you would buy one Aba shoe, but when you are done trekking inside Oshogbo market, body go tell you.

All the market women go know you. Them go post you tire.

Nobody will tell you to run.
cheesy
Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by royalamour(m): 5:01pm On Apr 13, 2021
You did nothing wrong. They are just lowlifes who have no regards for their staff welfare.

1 Like

Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by Jh0wsef(m): 5:01pm On Apr 13, 2021
Hmm..
Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by flexyrule(m): 5:03pm On Apr 13, 2021
Nice
Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by pointstores(m): 5:03pm On Apr 13, 2021
Funny lol
Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by Blessed4sure: 5:08pm On Apr 13, 2021
Bornsinner7:
I see nothing wrong here

But to be honest.. you shouldn't have told him you had no transport fare, you kinda like indicated you were not serious about getting the job..

Telling him about you not having TP should be on an unofficial environment or a call to him later on, if he could assist you..

On your dressing.. it doesn't matter as long as you look clean and decent.. you no go steal cloth because of interview na
Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by sassiemyk: 5:12pm On Apr 13, 2021
My brother God save you from stupid job that will only help u maintain your poverty. 25k for this current naija? Guy go find better skill acquire. Keep ur cert for when the right job comes. Thunder fire devil. Imagine 25k job for a graduate after all the trekking and risks. You did nothing wrong my dear. The company is not well organised period.

1 Like

Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by PrinceMajestic: 5:13pm On Apr 13, 2021
You shouldn't have told them that you didn't have the 1.5k to go instead you say "ok" and be hopeful that you will get it by sourcing for it from your people. You can always get that amount from friends and family, you shouldn't have told them you don't have it. Ok you expect them to go get it for you? You made them believe you're not serious and your improper dress just added to it. But stay committed to ensure some financial stability for yourself, you be alright soon or later

2 Likes

Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 5:15pm On Apr 13, 2021
Sikay19:

Thank you sir. and to think that I could have been informed earlier like a day before when he called me on phone. that would have ignited my preparation prior to that time.

Sorry, It was a letter or employment not form I meant to write sir.
relax yourself brother, a letter of employment can also be mailed to you. This year henceforth is your year of soft life, don't bother about those people

3 Likes

Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Apr 13, 2021
Sikay19:
Hello members,
This is a long post and may include some errors. kindly ignore the blunders therein.

So, here it goes.

I was informed of a job offer at one of these LAPO MFB. As requested I went there to submit my application letter along with the credentials.

Getting there, I met with the branch manager. We exchanged greetings, he asked me to sit and thereafter we discussed about the job offer that the pay is #25000 and it is a three months program.

The necessity of hiring extra hands was because they have a target to meet within that stipulated time. During our interaction he went through my letter and eventually told me it wasn't within his capacity to employ that he would have to call me later today or certainly tomorrow after he must have met with the higher authority. that's how we rounded up our discussion and I left his office.

Few hours later, I received his call that I should come right away of which I was busy far away from the place coupled with that I had no transport fare to meet up.

Consequent to that, He asked me to come the following day by 8am. Noting this I went there though before going I had no office shoe as I long forgone anything like corporate work even though I was a teacher wayback.

As to this effect, I didn't want that to be an excuse for me not to go there so I dressed neatly though not tucked in because it wouldn't be proper to tuck in with slide footwear also I trekked to the place even though it's far but that's not a problem anyway.

When I got there at that time I had to wait because they were having morning meeting. After some minutes, He called me in, he asked me some questions about my name, address and others. He proceeded to tell me what he had said the day before. Thereafter, He said I would have to go their state office at Oshogbo to collect a letter indicating my employment . more like a traveling to the place costing me #1500. ordinarily that shouldn't be a problem but I didn't have that money to make the travel that's what I said.

He said the company would settle me on my return. As I was about to seek permission to go outside to make calls. One of them started talking scolding me that I shouldn't have said that I do not have money and my mode of dressing blah blah. I eventually went out to make the calls but I couldn't get any help because it was too sudden.

I went in to tell them, he returned my credentials. that was how I left.

Insults and blames are welcome but be objective please. thank you.

Thank God u didnt get that slavery. Its not a job

1 Like

Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by deebrain(m): 5:17pm On Apr 13, 2021
You didn't not do anything wrong.

And like seriously, is this what our so-called companies are doing to people now?

The company tells you to go to a particular location to collect your letter --- using your own money-- is TOTALLY wrong! They have (according to what they appeared to do) given you the job. They are to either post it or deliver it to you, with expenses borne by them.

It is well.

1 Like

Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by 30naira: 5:18pm On Apr 13, 2021
It's a very Nigerian thing. They were simply treating you like thrash because you are desperate for the job.
Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by Lawrencestix(m): 5:18pm On Apr 13, 2021
Joysticks:
You be Fulani?Them get upper hand.They don't get arrested.
lol
No
But i look like dem

1 Like

Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by neutralmind: 5:19pm On Apr 13, 2021
I don't have simply means I don't have...

Mushroom bank. Extremely poor remuneration.

Pray to God for upgrade bros

1 Like

Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by Richhard(m): 5:19pm On Apr 13, 2021
Omo 25k per month! Damnnit! I'm very ungrateful, forgive me lord

2 Likes

Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by samwillyco1(m): 5:20pm On Apr 13, 2021
Hmmm it's a pity

I once attended an interview but when I got my appointment letter and saw 25k I flee away, even though a free meal (lunch) was included and Free internet service but I said NO and walk away.

Try to be your own BOSS, as a beginner without help you will pass through hell but after two to three years, when you look back at where you started you will thank God for everything.

Own your own business even if you a selling sachet water ( pure water ) with plastic rubber grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by hustla(m): 5:22pm On Apr 13, 2021
cchub:
No sir, you did not do any wrong.

They wanted you to go to osogbo to collect a form they could send through email? Or is there anything else attached to the osogbo you wanted to go?

Many red flags about this job bro.

God would provide a better job. Keep on keeping on.

I swear, suffer head everywhere

They can even scan with camscanner for free on their phone and send to your over email

Nigerians sha smh
Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by OnyeOgboni: 5:25pm On Apr 13, 2021
Your case na that of abject poverty..second base jare grin
Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by Justdogood(m): 5:26pm On Apr 13, 2021
Ontop 25k job?....

Haba.

That money won't even be enough to feed a man for 2 weeks.
Cant uou see the red flag?
Its slave labour that they are ushering you into.
Runnn!!!! Flee!!! My brotherbetter will come
Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by Kingsasian(m): 5:26pm On Apr 13, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Nope op,you didn't do wrong.

Just that,for this country,to be a job seeker, you're definitely gonna have to face and eat a whole lot of shiit before your story go complete

Na so me and my niggas go apply for one job like that for shopfair here in ughelli about three years ago..When the manager came out,a young man of about 26 years old who was supposed to comprehend the predicament of his fellow young niggar, started bashing our mode of dressing...

For ordinary security work oh of 15k per month....Mehn,i Don suffer for doz life cha ohh

Na once one of my niggar ask am say hope say Dem go give us gun to guard..The manager immediately worked us out of the yard...

grin
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Nope op,you didn't do wrong.

Just that,for this country,to be a job seeker, you're definitely gonna have to face and eat a whole lot of shiit before your story go complete

Na so me and my niggas go apply for one job like that for shopfair here in ughelli about three years ago..When the manager came out,a young man of about 26 years old who was supposed to comprehend the predicament of his fellow young niggar, started bashing our mode of dressing...

For ordinary security work oh of 15k per month....Mehn,i Don suffer for doz life cha ohh

Na once one of my niggar ask am say hope say Dem go give us gun to guard..The manager immediately worked us out of the yard...

Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by sisisioge: 5:26pm On Apr 13, 2021
It is well my brother...25k per month! Chai! They should have at least mobilised you nau. Biko something better will come. Bunch of crazeeeyyy loonies is what they are! They could have sent this letter to you via email or send a copy to their branch for you to pick up. But 25k for a whole month's job....God will nourish your life darling.

2 Likes

Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by Pharaoh4rin(m): 5:27pm On Apr 13, 2021
You did nothing wrong. You were honest and true to yourself.

The last time I granted an interview to some folks, we had kept them from 9am till 3pm and at 3pm, there was still no sign of us to commence soon. Because our DMD was just doing anyhow.

Fast forward, a guy and a lady came over to me and told me that they only had their transport which they can't touch but they are very hungry.

My madam was furious.
Well, I went down, bought 3 loaves of bread, and 13 bottles of mineral (according to their number) from my pocket and I gave them.
2hrs later we started d interview but by then, I've sent d two cheerleaders away.

The next day we asked the two guys (the two cheerleaders I sent away) to resume work with their CVs. Matter of fact, we needed people who can express themselves and brave. And they were able to market themselves.

What impressed most about d two guys was, they left without complaint and I was thrilled by their comportment. One of them Farouk later won an award....

You see, don't besmirch yourself. I love ur spirit but try and get a shoe at lease, ejoor, biko, ne'ila

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by Nwaotu10(m): 5:30pm On Apr 13, 2021
Joysticks:
I like your gut.Cant the branch at osogbo fax the letter of employment to their Lagos office so that they can print it out and hand it over to you?The salary is even poor.I don tire for work.Na bandit kidnappers I wan do.A very lucrative business
Ah swear.

Make we form cartel na grin grin

1 Like

Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by DanDeeBoss(m): 5:31pm On Apr 13, 2021
For a 25k job??
The bank should have sent the letter through your mail.
They're unserious smiley
Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by GboyegaD(m): 5:31pm On Apr 13, 2021
Sikay19:

Thank you sir. and to think that I could have been informed earlier like a day before when he called me on phone. that would have ignited my preparation prior to that time.

Sorry, It was a letter or employment not form I meant to write sir.

Even at that, they could send it to the branch you interviewed for you to pick it up from there.
Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by lolipopandy(f): 5:34pm On Apr 13, 2021
You did nothing wrong,you didn't have the money and you couldn't get help not your fault.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What You Need to Know About GNLD/Multi Level Marketers Posing as Employers / Vic Lawrence And Associates Recruitment Test / "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.