Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

That Name You Would Never Name Your Child - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / That Name You Would Never Name Your Child (1999 Views)

How To Prevent Your Child From Getting Killed By Your Car / 7 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Getting Your Child A Home Tutor / Child Naming: Will Your Child Bear Your Name, Dad's Name Or Family Name? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

That Name You Would Never Name Your Child by Lamanii22(f): 10:16pm On Apr 13, 2021
I can't name my child(daughter) any of these two names... "abosede" Aka bose and "shukurat"( I don't have anything against muslims).....

Can't imagine settling for these two names after all the hours of labour, the seemingly unending pain! Oh dear God!

If I was named those two names gaan I would not even answer to them... Would have changed it long ago....
Re: That Name You Would Never Name Your Child by SanctifiedSista(f): 10:19pm On Apr 13, 2021
Will never name My child any name that does not have a good meaning . Also it must not be long grin

1 Like

Re: That Name You Would Never Name Your Child by Nobody: 10:21pm On Apr 13, 2021
Jelili is the name

After watching the Movie Jelili.
I'm certain it has a beautiful meaning.

Please, check my signature

4 Likes

Re: That Name You Would Never Name Your Child by Magnoliaa(f): 10:21pm On Apr 13, 2021
Plenty:
Esther
Favour
Blessing
Sarah
Mercy
Zainab
Deborah
Ola
Ayo
Even David*, lol.

The only reason for these? They are TOO common they've lost any distinctiveness. No offense to those who bear the names. 9 out of 10 different girls(or boys) have these names.

10 Likes

Re: That Name You Would Never Name Your Child by majamajic(m): 10:22pm On Apr 13, 2021
I like Jennifer and Anita , but oloshos don spoil the names grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: That Name You Would Never Name Your Child by LikeAking: 10:24pm On Apr 13, 2021
Nigeria

1 Like

Re: That Name You Would Never Name Your Child by Streetpresident: 10:40pm On Apr 13, 2021
Buhari

1 Like

Re: That Name You Would Never Name Your Child by folabayo(f): 10:43pm On Apr 13, 2021
Hitler

1 Like

Re: That Name You Would Never Name Your Child by Oluwasaeon(m): 10:44pm On Apr 13, 2021
Lai

1 Like

Re: That Name You Would Never Name Your Child by Nobody: 10:46pm On Apr 13, 2021
I can't name my child Lucky

We grew up to hear many ekuke (local dogs) in our neighborhood being called the name angry

Apology to those who bear the name.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: That Name You Would Never Name Your Child by Pierocash(m): 10:48pm On Apr 13, 2021
Lamanii22:
I can't name my child(daughter) any of these two names... "abosede" Aka bose and "shukurat"( I don't have anything against muslims).....

Can't imagine settling for these two names after all the hours of labour, the seemingly unending pain! Oh dear God!

If I was named those two names gaan I would not even answer to them... Would have changed it long ago....
Abosede is not a Muslim name. Born on weekend,that is the meaning of Abosede

4 Likes

Re: That Name You Would Never Name Your Child by Nobody: 10:49pm On Apr 13, 2021
Monday
Friday
Sunday
Hyginus
Donatus
Livinus
Nicodemus
Calistus
Anything that ends with "nus".."us"
Boniface
Sandra
Jennifer
Cynthia
Chidinma
Amaka
Goodnews
God Knows

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: That Name You Would Never Name Your Child by Magnoliaa(f): 10:52pm On Apr 13, 2021
i926:
Monday
Friday
Sunday
Hyginus
Donatus
Livinus
Nicodemus
Calistus
Boniface
Sandra
Jennifer
Cynthia
Chidinma
Amaka
Goodnews
God Knows

grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: That Name You Would Never Name Your Child by PrimadonnaO(f): 11:00pm On Apr 13, 2021
SimplyFacts:
I can't name my child Lucky

We grew up to hear many ekuke (local dogs) in our neighborhood being called the name angry

Apology to men who bear the name

Hahhahahahahahahhahahahha grin wink grin

4 Likes

Re: That Name You Would Never Name Your Child by PrimadonnaO(f): 11:01pm On Apr 13, 2021
i926:
Monday
Friday
Sunday
Hyginus
Donatus
Livinus
Nicodemus
Calistus
Boniface
Sandra
Jennifer
Cynthia
Chidinma
Amaka
Goodnews
God Knows

I'm completely with you on this one! cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: That Name You Would Never Name Your Child by jawalis(m): 11:02pm On Apr 13, 2021
I don’t like
Bunmi,
Omowunmi,
Ayo (all those Ayos. Ayobami etc)
Sola,
Dolapo,
Zzor (Rose)
Tosin,

1 Like

Re: That Name You Would Never Name Your Child by Nobody: 11:02pm On Apr 13, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

I'm completely with you on this one! cheesy
Some parents can be annoying when naming their babies. What is Monday? grin

2 Likes

Re: That Name You Would Never Name Your Child by prince2pac(m): 11:03pm On Apr 13, 2021
Obinna
Sandra
Jennifer
Cynthia
Chioma

Still thinking

3 Likes

Re: That Name You Would Never Name Your Child by rtdCivilservant: 11:23pm On Apr 13, 2021
What about 'Buhari'.

1 Like

Re: That Name You Would Never Name Your Child by kunkelhanspeter(m): 11:27pm On Apr 13, 2021
My mom name is patience already told her I can’t name
My daughter such name though I am suppose to name my daughter after my mom I guess I will ask for her native me .

But my daughter most answer “Obianuju”

2 Likes

Re: That Name You Would Never Name Your Child by bahdpersona(m): 11:32pm On Apr 13, 2021
I don't hate any name... I can decide to name my child 'Devil' it just doesn't matter

2 Likes

Re: That Name You Would Never Name Your Child by Nobody: 11:40pm On Apr 13, 2021
I can never name my child
Angela
Johnson
Gloria but I can do Glory grin
Maria
Linda
Donatus
All those days of the week
Endurance
Cletus lol....

1 Like

Re: That Name You Would Never Name Your Child by ItsGoodToBeGood: 11:52pm On Apr 13, 2021
Olanike

Olaniyi

Ramotu

Gregory abi Glingoly

Ekwutos

Ignitius

1 Like

Re: That Name You Would Never Name Your Child by Polynek(m): 1:02am On Apr 14, 2021
ItsGoodToBeGood:
Olanike
Olaniyi
Ramotu
Gregory abi Glingoly

Ekwutos

Ignitius
I can't stop laughing on Dix oo, Olaniyi

1 Like

Re: That Name You Would Never Name Your Child by FatherCHRISTMAS: 5:57am On Apr 14, 2021
majamajic:
I like Jennifer and Anita , but oloshos don spoil the names grin grin grin

Sharon, Vanessa grin

1 Like

Re: That Name You Would Never Name Your Child by illicit(m): 6:26am On Apr 14, 2021
I want my children's name to be unique like

Amazing Grace

Destiny

Heaven
etc

1 Like

Re: That Name You Would Never Name Your Child by majamajic(m): 8:40am On Apr 14, 2021
FatherCHRISTMAS:

Sharon, Vanessa grin

All these Olosho spoil names oooo

They spoil names

1 Like

Re: That Name You Would Never Name Your Child by Victoria938(f): 9:02am On Apr 14, 2021
Endurance

1 Like

Re: That Name You Would Never Name Your Child by ImaIma1(f): 10:47am On Apr 14, 2021
i926:
Monday
Friday
Sunday
Hyginus
Donatus
Livinus
Nicodemus
Calistus
Boniface
Sandra
Jennifer
Cynthia
Chidinma
Amaka
Goodnews
God Knows

Titus cheesy

3 Likes

Re: That Name You Would Never Name Your Child by Biglittlelois(f): 10:52am On Apr 14, 2021
Funny comments cheesy

2 Likes

Re: That Name You Would Never Name Your Child by mariahAngel(f): 11:14am On Apr 14, 2021
kunkelhanspeter:
My mom name is patience already told her I can’t name
My daughter such name though I am suppose to name my daughter after my mom I guess I will ask for her native me .

But my daughter most answer “Obianuju”

Then make sure you make lots of money first before having her.

No go born for lack, come name her plenty. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: That Name You Would Never Name Your Child by kunkelhanspeter(m): 5:16pm On Apr 14, 2021
mariahAngel:

Then make sure you make lots of money first before having her.

No go born for lack, come name her plenty. cheesy
Which one be no born for lack?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Six Signs Your Husband Can't Live Without You / Why Do Women Collect Any Money Spent In The House From Their Purse From Men / Must Your Spouse Be Your Best Friend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.