Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:40 AM

LCC Rescues Hit And Run Victim At Jakande, Foots Hospital Bill - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / LCC Rescues Hit And Run Victim At Jakande, Foots Hospital Bill (11044 Views)

Do You Know This Hit And Run Victim? / Accident Victim At Elohor Clinic Agbarho, Do You Know Him? / Terrible Accident At Jakande Estate Okeafa - Nairalander (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

LCC Rescues Hit And Run Victim At Jakande, Foots Hospital Bill by Lanrelagboi: 7:10am On Apr 14, 2021
On Tuesday, April 13, 2021, an unidentified vehicle hit and injured a pedestrian along the Jakande end of the Eti-Osa-Lekki-Epe Expressway. 

Officers of the Lekki Concession Company's (LCC) Patrol Team around the vicinity immediately mobilised and administered first aid treatment on the man.

The LCC’s Incident and Security Teams then stabilized the victim and transferred him to the hospital with an ambulance provided by the Lagos State Ambulance Service (LASAMBUS) and the LCC footing the hospital bill.

Commenting on the incident, LCC's Head of Route and Incident, Michael Aina, said timely intervention of LCC’s patrol team, always available to help distressed road users, saved the injured man.

"The LCC makes it a point of duty to routinely ensure commuters' safety and security along the Eti-Osa Lekki-Epe Express Way. It is one of the company's core responsibilities aside from the construction and maintenance of infrastructure along the axis," Aina said, while advising drivers to always observe speed limit on the road.

Also speaking, the Managing Director of the LCC, Yomi Omomuwasan, urged drivers to always observe speed limits on the road, saying people shouldn’t become reckless because of the excellent state of the Eti-Osa-Lekki-Epe Expressway.

He said if they are not concerned about themselves, they should care about other road users like the innocent pedestrian hit by the hit and run driver.
Omomuwasan disclosed that as part of its social corporate responsibility, the LCC has paid the hospital bill of the injured man.
“We feel it is the least we can do for the innocent victim who is in severe pains. We also want to assure every road user of essential services along the axis, including free 24/7 emergency assistance, vehicle breakdown and recovery services and security patrol to all road users plying the Eti-Osa Lekki-Epe Expressway."

https://oyotoday.com/lcc-rescues-hit-and-run-victim-at-jakande-foots-hospital-bill/

2 Likes

Re: LCC Rescues Hit And Run Victim At Jakande, Foots Hospital Bill by Tigaromil: 7:14am On Apr 14, 2021
The LCC’s Incident and Security Teams then stabilized the victim and transferred him to the hospital with an ambulance provided by the Lagos State Ambulance Service (LASAMBUS) and the LCC footing the hospital bill.

Lucky you help came on time.
Re: LCC Rescues Hit And Run Victim At Jakande, Foots Hospital Bill by Nobody: 7:16am On Apr 14, 2021
On God

2 Likes

Re: LCC Rescues Hit And Run Victim At Jakande, Foots Hospital Bill by Nobody: 7:16am On Apr 14, 2021
For every hit and run victim
that couldn't find help because of
fear on the part of people who didn't want to get involved because of wahala....

My heart goes out to you....

To all the victims who were able to
get help.....my heart still goes out to you..
Speedy Recovery...

Now to the hit and run drivers....
Stop hitting and running...
why not try hitting and waiting

5 Likes

Re: LCC Rescues Hit And Run Victim At Jakande, Foots Hospital Bill by maxiuc(m): 7:16am On Apr 14, 2021
shocked

The way people dey walk for road eeeeh Dem no dey fear car again, one-day I have to apply break just to curse one mumu like that people these days no longer dodge car na car dey dodge them

To cross road Dem go dey form big boy wey No fit run

If car Jam you , na die oooo as you don die las las the driver go do your burial and will go Scott free as far he's not drunk or driving carelessly when the accident occurred

Please stay safe out there there are many amateur drivers on wheels lately

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: LCC Rescues Hit And Run Victim At Jakande, Foots Hospital Bill by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:17am On Apr 14, 2021
This is how things are done in organized countries.

Slow and steady we will get to the country of our dreams.
God bless you.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LCC Rescues Hit And Run Victim At Jakande, Foots Hospital Bill by Nobody: 7:17am On Apr 14, 2021
Ayeong:
People dey heartless Sha. You hit person then ran away. Your conscience no judge you at all.

In as much as the person should have waited and rendered assistance, but this is Nigeria the driver might loose his or her life. there is a pedestrian bridge there and the victim could have used it.. you only cross a four lane expressway when you have no other alternative.

5 Likes

Re: LCC Rescues Hit And Run Victim At Jakande, Foots Hospital Bill by Guwf: 7:17am On Apr 14, 2021
Good gesture , but this ambulance thing should be normal, well this is not a normal country

2 Likes

Re: LCC Rescues Hit And Run Victim At Jakande, Foots Hospital Bill by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:18am On Apr 14, 2021
Ayeong:
People dey heartless Sha. You hit person then ran away. Your conscience no judge you at all.
Most of those kinda people end up terribly in life

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LCC Rescues Hit And Run Victim At Jakande, Foots Hospital Bill by drlaykay(m): 7:18am On Apr 14, 2021
Lol
These ones are appealing to the youths stylishly
You are not forgiven!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: LCC Rescues Hit And Run Victim At Jakande, Foots Hospital Bill by chukskafor(m): 7:18am On Apr 14, 2021
Faller:
b
For ball
Re: LCC Rescues Hit And Run Victim At Jakande, Foots Hospital Bill by Wickedfacts: 7:18am On Apr 14, 2021
Nice gesture but smells like image laundering after the controversies of the Endsars issue.

7 Likes

Re: LCC Rescues Hit And Run Victim At Jakande, Foots Hospital Bill by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:19am On Apr 14, 2021
drlaykay:

You are not forgiven!
Wailers must wail.
Fortunately, there is nothing you can do to help them cool

simple250:

My brother, the day i hit person i nor run o my car was almost bunt thank God for the intervention of my Police friend who was close to the location .. We need to chang our mindset as Nigerians

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LCC Rescues Hit And Run Victim At Jakande, Foots Hospital Bill by TimmyTen(m): 7:20am On Apr 14, 2021
Glad his life is saved
Re: LCC Rescues Hit And Run Victim At Jakande, Foots Hospital Bill by Wickedfacts: 7:20am On Apr 14, 2021
post=100778831:

I didn't expect anything sensible from you and you didn't dissapont.

The truth will set you free. But first it will piss you off.

5 Likes

Re: LCC Rescues Hit And Run Victim At Jakande, Foots Hospital Bill by Mrlouis: 7:20am On Apr 14, 2021
"Officers of the Lekki Concession Company's (LCC) Patrol Team around the vicinity immediately mobilised and administered first aid treatment on the man."

How Convenient

1 Like

Re: LCC Rescues Hit And Run Victim At Jakande, Foots Hospital Bill by Nobody: 7:22am On Apr 14, 2021
chukskafor:
For ball
I thought B is for Buhari...

2 Likes

Re: LCC Rescues Hit And Run Victim At Jakande, Foots Hospital Bill by Randy111(m): 7:23am On Apr 14, 2021
slowpoison1:
Somebody should show me love abeg, its not an easy time to be a corps member. After paying for accomodation and settling other expenses
first allawee finish 2.0.9.1.6.3.6.1.4.6 UBA... God bless any hand that gives

So people should start paying you simply because you are a corps member abi? Learn to face reality.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: LCC Rescues Hit And Run Victim At Jakande, Foots Hospital Bill by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:23am On Apr 14, 2021
drlaykay:
Lol
You are not forgiven!

wise one

3 Likes

Re: LCC Rescues Hit And Run Victim At Jakande, Foots Hospital Bill by simple250: 7:24am On Apr 14, 2021
Ayeong:

My brother, the day i hit person i nor run o my car was almost bunt thank God for the intervention of my Police friend who was close to the location .. We need to chang our mindset as Nigerians
Re: LCC Rescues Hit And Run Victim At Jakande, Foots Hospital Bill by Bossontop(m): 7:24am On Apr 14, 2021
undecided
So out of like 1000 sins u don comot 1 abii......mtcheewww

Its Not enough!!!

Re: LCC Rescues Hit And Run Victim At Jakande, Foots Hospital Bill by Seniorwriter(m): 7:29am On Apr 14, 2021
Commendable
Re: LCC Rescues Hit And Run Victim At Jakande, Foots Hospital Bill by emperordelis(m): 7:29am On Apr 14, 2021
Hit and run is bad,it's inhuman in every aspect but then,people have had bad experiences..
I know a friend that almost got mobbed because he'd stop to attend to someone he accidentally hit..The mob won't have any of it,all they wanted to do at that moment was to steal from him,his car and eventually beat him up..

Secondly,hospitals are not helping too..You rush an accident victim to a hospital,dem go wan use question kill you.Even as a good Samaritan,to help out can be a very big problem and some times disastrous...

Thirdly,you wey dey cross road,dey use your head abeg..If you drive in this country,you just have to agree with me that some people are just temptations walking and looking for who to put in trouble,how you go dey cross road come dey catwalk,dey press phone, for some,that's when they want to show their women that they care abi na macho display...It's well

2 Likes

Re: LCC Rescues Hit And Run Victim At Jakande, Foots Hospital Bill by Sonnobax15(m): 7:29am On Apr 14, 2021
lipsrsealed
Let's say it's about 30% of Nigerians that are sane..The rest are absolutely and terribly insane..

A similar scenario happened here in my area last month..A hit and run driver who was equally drunk ran into my uncle..But before he could run away,the people around screamed his name and that was when the idiot stopped his vehicle...

unfortunately,the driver na who we even know for area self....Our initial intention na to use hand rub am small but the way the nigga was looking drunk made us to leave him alone
Re: LCC Rescues Hit And Run Victim At Jakande, Foots Hospital Bill by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:35am On Apr 14, 2021
When most Nigerians hit a good road especially in the morning they disobey every kind of speed limit entirely. What comes to their mind is to fast furious their driving expertise with speed as if they receive a call that they should come home that a stranger is fvcking their spouse.
Re: LCC Rescues Hit And Run Victim At Jakande, Foots Hospital Bill by seunsiju(m): 7:35am On Apr 14, 2021
LCC trying to redeemed their image. Planned work

4 Likes

Re: LCC Rescues Hit And Run Victim At Jakande, Foots Hospital Bill by SarkinYarki: 7:36am On Apr 14, 2021
Good PR and propaganda for LCC before the resume their illicit toll collection

2 Likes

Re: LCC Rescues Hit And Run Victim At Jakande, Foots Hospital Bill by helinues: 7:36am On Apr 14, 2021
Nice one
Re: LCC Rescues Hit And Run Victim At Jakande, Foots Hospital Bill by Offpoint1: 7:36am On Apr 14, 2021
Commendable

But this BBQ of a guy, how jobless is he?
That's the only Nairalander that comment more than 5 times on a thread, quote almost every comment and reply to all mention.... What an obsession.
Re: LCC Rescues Hit And Run Victim At Jakande, Foots Hospital Bill by hakeem4(m): 7:37am On Apr 14, 2021
But why didn’t he use the pedestrian bridge.

Or is the bridge for for decoration

(1) (2) (Reply)

Video Of Nigerian Prostitutes In Europe / Belize Visa / Illegal Helicopter Charter Flights’ Spark Row In Aviation Sector

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.