Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,726 members, 7,831,302 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

Virgin Land, How Do I Go About It? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Virgin Land, How Do I Go About It? (640 Views)

Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. / 32-year-old Ghanaian Virgin Seeks Divorce Over Husband’s Huge Manhood / Sadiya Lawal's Divorce Story: "I Was Still A Virgin, 3 Years After My Wedding" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Virgin Land, How Do I Go About It? by Rhymer2020(m): 3:39am On Apr 15, 2021
Though this is not the right section to post this, but your help is highly needed.

Good morning all.

Please, am about buying an inherited land. And it's my first time of doing so. The land is still a virgin land, there is no documents for the Land, but from my investigation, it solely belongs to the family that wants to sale it to me.

Now my question is:
what type of documents should I request from them?
Should I involve a legal practitioner?
Should I be the one to pay for survey?

Moderators help me for wider audience.
Re: Virgin Land, How Do I Go About It? by frozen70(f): 10:23pm On Apr 15, 2021
Rhymer2020:
Though this is not the right section to post this, but your help is highly needed.

Good morning all.

Please, am about buying an inherited land. And it's my first time of doing so. The land is still a virgin land, there is no documents for the Land, but from my investigation, it solely belongs to the family that wants to sale it to me.

Now my question is:

Do more research in the area to know how genuine the land it

If the entire family is involved in selling the land then its good and fine

Let them bring their own lawyer while you also come with your own lawyer on the day of payment

Alternatively ask others living around their how they did their own purchase
Re: Virgin Land, How Do I Go About It? by chidifrank(m): 12:51pm On Jul 04, 2021
Rhymer2020:

Good morning all.

Now my question is:

Hello Op ,
How did you go about the Land because I am about purchasing a virgin Land too
Re: Virgin Land, How Do I Go About It? by Mobog(m): 12:56pm On Jul 25, 2021
Well, I got mine and I've started construction on it. Just get the receipt of the land since you've carried a thorough scrutiny on who owns the land.
* Find out if it's free from land accusation.
*Ask them if you can pay 70% at first.
* Ask them if you can make a corner piece.
*Collect receipt for the amount paid, then let it be written that you've paid this particular amount then you're to balance this amount on that receipt.
*Collect land receipt, which will entail the part payment you've paid.
*If within 2-3month no one destroy your corner piece then you're safe to some extent. During this process clear and try drop Sand.
*Send them the balance then collect full receipt, you'll be asked to bring the first one, then you get the full payment receipt.
* After that get a lawyer to make Deed of agreement then ask everyone entitled to the land to make a signature.
Re: Virgin Land, How Do I Go About It? by frozen70(f): 10:34pm On Jul 25, 2021
Rhymer2020:

Good morning all.

Now my question is:

Before you make financial commitment, go with an experience person, probably a lawyer to make proper inquiries on the land and the real owner

(1) (Reply)

Man With World’s Largest Family Dies In India / Seeking Advice From Married Men / Debunking Prices On Family Clearance Sales Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.