Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,725 members, 7,851,484 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:29 PM

Osinbajo: FG Supporting Private Developers To Provide Electricity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo: FG Supporting Private Developers To Provide Electricity (8528 Views)

Tinubu Mocks Buhari, Says He Failed To Provide Electricity Yet Calls Youths Lazy / Buhari: Nigeria to provide electricity to 5 million households by 2030 / FG Supporting Terrorism By Releasing Boko Haram Kingpins- Southern Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo: FG Supporting Private Developers To Provide Electricity by okefranci: 8:29am On Apr 15, 2021
The Federal Government is currently supporting private developers to provide electricity through solar energy, the Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, has said.

He disclosed this in a statement issued in Abuja by the Head, Communications and Public Relations, Niger Delta Power Holding Company, Olufunke Nwankwo.

The NDPHC said Osinbajo spoke at the recent inauguration of the 100,000 Solar Home System in Jangefe community, Kazuare Emirate, Jigawa State.

The vice president said government was determined to bring power to un-served communities as part of the Nigerian Economic Sustainability Plan.

He was quoted as saying, “The President’s vision around that plan was that rather than have situations where people lose jobs and opportunities, we could take the opportunities of COVID-19 to create more jobs.

“So the president approved that we should do these five million solar home connections across the country, which would mean that 25 million Nigerians would have power.”

Osinbajo explained that the N140bn finance programme would support private developers to provide power to the households.
The statement read in part, “The vice president stressed that the initiative is a partnership programme with the private sector driving the connections, supported by concessionaire lending by the Central Bank of Nigeria and commercial banks.

He said the NDPHC had been an important catalyst for off-grid solar systems, as the firm was the first to inaugurate the 100,000 systems in several states of the federation.

The Managing Director, NDPHC, Chiedu Ugbo, said the company had already provided 20,000 units of solar home systems to households across the country.

“The 20,000 units are working right now and then the government asked us to do another five million solar connections, that will include solar home systems and mini-grid, off-grid solutions,” he stated.

https://punchng.com/fg-supporting-private-developers-to-provide-electricity-osinbajo/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1618466622

Re: Osinbajo: FG Supporting Private Developers To Provide Electricity by chatinent: 8:30am On Apr 15, 2021
My heart goes out to them.

6 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: FG Supporting Private Developers To Provide Electricity by Joylove2324(f): 8:32am On Apr 15, 2021
So the government will do five million solar home connections across the country, which would mean that 25 million Nigerians would have power. Wow, this is huge
Re: Osinbajo: FG Supporting Private Developers To Provide Electricity by Naturopathic: 8:33am On Apr 15, 2021
The N140bn finance programme would support private developers to provide power to the households.
Re: Osinbajo: FG Supporting Private Developers To Provide Electricity by Jollylolly(f): 8:34am On Apr 15, 2021
N140bn finance programme would support private developers to provide power to the households. this money is meant to provide solar home system for the rural dwellers. those who are not connected to the national grid.
Re: Osinbajo: FG Supporting Private Developers To Provide Electricity by Blackfire(m): 8:36am On Apr 15, 2021
this errand boy will just be talking like he doesn't know Nigerians are tired of there lies..

where is that Fashola the rocket science ... electricity in 6 months

dear Lord pls know I was not among the mad people who brought this chaos into power..

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: FG Supporting Private Developers To Provide Electricity by Joyce95: 8:38am On Apr 15, 2021
The N140bn finance programme would support private developers to provide the power supply by solar power Naija
Re: Osinbajo: FG Supporting Private Developers To Provide Electricity by Anter: 8:39am On Apr 15, 2021
The Federal Government is currently supporting private developers to provide electricity through solar energy, the Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, has said.

You guys are supporting yourselves how come we didn't hear at the takeoff stage. Padi padi government.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: FG Supporting Private Developers To Provide Electricity by Aaa007: 8:46am On Apr 15, 2021
something that ESN will still burn grin
Re: Osinbajo: FG Supporting Private Developers To Provide Electricity by Seniorwriter(m): 8:56am On Apr 15, 2021
Clueless Bunch....A Government that strives on propaganda and mischievous schemes. Why not make it a transparent process with public accountability...whenever I hear the word Vice President I keep asking this question
#WHAT HAPPENED TO TRADERMONI SCHEME!?
techmo:
cool
What about the Siemens deal that Aba Kyari died over
That's how they operate no accountability...monies spent on the process gone to oblivion...no feedbacks to the citizens cos they are clueless & wicked!
The crop of past and present leadership lots are a bunch of myopic lots .....
We need young visionary leaders in all the leadership parastaltal(sector)..from top to the least position for Nigeria to start giving her citizens the benefits of a Democratic Government!

@Seniorwriter

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: FG Supporting Private Developers To Provide Electricity by shiffynaani(m): 8:56am On Apr 15, 2021
Rubbish. Still talking of electricity after years in government. This government is a painful mistake
Re: Osinbajo: FG Supporting Private Developers To Provide Electricity by jojofola: 8:56am On Apr 15, 2021
Resign or just stfu please.
Allow this man and he will compete with a local parrot.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: FG Supporting Private Developers To Provide Electricity by renny607: 8:57am On Apr 15, 2021
Same story no improvement, Nigeria is like a hub of corrupted leader, that have not really do anything for Nigeria but for their sole pocket only
Re: Osinbajo: FG Supporting Private Developers To Provide Electricity by Defendingjacob(m): 8:57am On Apr 15, 2021
Ok lets see how it goes

Meanwhile 1tb external hard drive is available with lots of action series,comedy series,drama series,etc location is Ph,but can be sent to any location.check signature
Re: Osinbajo: FG Supporting Private Developers To Provide Electricity by mbahdi(m): 8:58am On Apr 15, 2021
Rubissssh
Re: Osinbajo: FG Supporting Private Developers To Provide Electricity by iamyemiakins(m): 8:59am On Apr 15, 2021
Lori iro!

Where's the power?!
Re: Osinbajo: FG Supporting Private Developers To Provide Electricity by Abdulabduln(m): 9:00am On Apr 15, 2021
grin
Re: Osinbajo: FG Supporting Private Developers To Provide Electricity by Alan1990(m): 9:00am On Apr 15, 2021
Pls nairaland help ur bro...even if its 1k...30805258530 polaris GOD BLESS

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: FG Supporting Private Developers To Provide Electricity by qualityovenbake(m): 9:00am On Apr 15, 2021
Ok
Re: Osinbajo: FG Supporting Private Developers To Provide Electricity by owobokiri(m): 9:01am On Apr 15, 2021
Akûkò n'egwu..

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: FG Supporting Private Developers To Provide Electricity by CocoaOla: 9:01am On Apr 15, 2021
Apc don't want to give osibanjo a chance to rule Nigeria because is behaving like a good selfless politician

Demonizing Nigeria agenda with bad leaders must fail by force

Or else no one Nigeria and don't force one Nigeria on US for you evil agenda
Re: Osinbajo: FG Supporting Private Developers To Provide Electricity by iamyemiakins(m): 9:01am On Apr 15, 2021
Tsoja3958:
100% sure bet. 9ja game available
Payment after winning
Msg me on WhatsApp 0 8 1 0 6 4 8 2 4 9 1
You need koboko
Re: Osinbajo: FG Supporting Private Developers To Provide Electricity by JosephXavier: 9:01am On Apr 15, 2021
The amount of money Nigerian government has claimed they have spent in generating electricity should be enough to give the while West Africa constant light

Nothing works in Nigeria and nothing will ever work because no matter how pleasant an idea is, it has already been sabotaged

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: FG Supporting Private Developers To Provide Electricity by Refinedbeing(m): 9:02am On Apr 15, 2021
All that Osinbajo can do is talk, talk and talk grin poor man. Pele

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: FG Supporting Private Developers To Provide Electricity by brownemmanuel43(m): 9:03am On Apr 15, 2021
Pastor remember that their is God ohhhhh. All this lie wey u follow them dey lie.
Where's the super minister of darkness? I remember when dark minister was nominated, the whole afonjas were rejoicing and I asked why given three portfolios to one man when he cannot even discharge one.
Are they still on campaign or doing the godamn work
Re: Osinbajo: FG Supporting Private Developers To Provide Electricity by Zaggafrank: 9:03am On Apr 15, 2021
Anter:

You guys are supporting yourselves how come we didn't hear at the takeoff stage. Padi padi government.
This program was announced. I saw it .
Re: Osinbajo: FG Supporting Private Developers To Provide Electricity by RedAlert08(m): 9:04am On Apr 15, 2021
Osibanjo: fake pastor, errand boy and pathological liar.
Re: Osinbajo: FG Supporting Private Developers To Provide Electricity by thatsleepboy1: 9:04am On Apr 15, 2021
This goment are really trying but their lies won't make us to to believe them whenever they're saying the truth.
Re: Osinbajo: FG Supporting Private Developers To Provide Electricity by paulolee(m): 9:05am On Apr 15, 2021
its a good way forward bcoz I still dont understand the main reason why my country cant fix power in over 60yrs...
the economy is bad and not progressing but with constant power, alot of smes would boost up and it would aid more production and investment bcoz firms dt av suffering from poor power would also rise up..
was on video call with a childhood friend that left for malta since 2007 and is now married...jus saw his digits on f.b, linked up with him n he requested for video call..
it was during late evening n he asked to see around lag dt I should just show him a bit of d background which i did and he asked " paulo wait o, no tell me say naija still never get light up till now? and I just went blank bcoz I was thinking of which verse of lamentation should I start explaining from..
Wetin end d talk b say the gee don dey work papers mk i go join m there, this country av really failed and hope is far...

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: FG Supporting Private Developers To Provide Electricity by RedAlert08(m): 9:06am On Apr 15, 2021
Tsoja3958:
100% sure bet. 9ja game available

Payment after winning

Msg me on WhatsApp 0 8 1 0 6 4 8 2 4 9 1

God punish ur father.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: FG Supporting Private Developers To Provide Electricity by techmo(m): 9:06am On Apr 15, 2021
cool

What about the Siemens deal that Aba Kyari died over

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA / Osinbajo, Falana Okay Journalists’ Coverage Of Virtual Court Hearings / In A Fair Presidential Election, Obi Will Get 25% In Over 24 States — Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.