Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,616 members, 7,823,698 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Another Reason To Doubt Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Another Reason To Doubt Religion (386 Views)

I'm Beginning To Doubt My Disbelief On Men Of God. / I Am Beginning To Doubt The Existence Of God / Why You Have No Reason To Doubt A Snake Swallowed 36 Million Naira. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Reason To Doubt Religion by FatherOfJesus: 10:00pm On Apr 15, 2021
How come this is the case?

Re: Another Reason To Doubt Religion by Ammishaddai: 10:03pm On Apr 15, 2021
I think you are missing something : the Torah, Bible and the Quran(with the exception of Muhammad) all have the same prophets. So in essence you are just talking about one book which happens to be the bible.
Re: Another Reason To Doubt Religion by Righteousness2(m): 10:07pm On Apr 15, 2021
Young man, Leave Religion this or Religion that! All you need in Life and For Eternity is a Genuie relationship with JESUS Christ.
Re: Another Reason To Doubt Religion by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:33pm On Apr 15, 2021
He referred to Himself as the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob so how do you expect His book to start telling you things about Nigerians nah? cheesy
Re: Another Reason To Doubt Religion by Dtruthspeaker: 11:20pm On Apr 15, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
How come this is the case?

Satan has come again with his foolishness!

grin isn't it Obvious? That's the Centre of the World as a Whole! grin

Where "Things Fall Apart (or Stand) and the Centre Shall Not Hold (or Stand).

Grace and Salvation is loosed Upon the World! grin
Re: Another Reason To Doubt Religion by Nobody: 11:30pm On Apr 15, 2021
what about Hinduism the Indian religion and the oldest religion was it in the red spot in that picture.

religion is all about your believe, don't forget atheist is also a religion so if you think religion is confusing the best thing you should do is to die and live the world for others.

as long as you are a living soul you must believe in something.

so carry your atheist religion and gerrout of my sight!!!
Re: Another Reason To Doubt Religion by LogicalFull: 11:57pm On Apr 15, 2021
Its amazing how any disbelief in religion permits such hateful comments, you all just react & curse on regular human beings like yourself & for what? You preach love & kumbaya but spit hate while throwing unreasonable labels at every chance. If this is the outcome of religion, no sane human being will ever be part of it.
If you practice a religion & it makes you happy...fine be merry & share it but when you use it as a yardstick to weigh & compare your fellow human while seeing nothing wrong with it then I'm afraid to tell you that's a red flag sign of fanatism & extremism, you can kill for an imagination forget your loving God pretence.
Be ashamed of yourselves.

3 Likes

Re: Another Reason To Doubt Religion by Nobody: 12:15am On Apr 16, 2021
LogicalFull:
Its amazing how any disbelief in religion permits such hateful comments, you all just react & curse on regular human beings like yourself & for what? You preach love & kumbaya but spit hate while throwing unreasonable labels at every chance. If this is the outcome of religion, no sane human being will ever be part of it.
If you practice a religion & it makes you happy...fine be merry & share it but when you use it as a yardstick to weigh & compare your fellow human while seeing nothing wrong with it then I'm afraid to tell you that's a red flag sign of fanatism & extremism, you can kill for an imagination forget your loving God pretence.
Be ashamed of yourselves.

the op is confused, why will he use the fatherofjesus as his name when he fully knows that he is not a Christian.
why won't he answer the fatherofatheist or whatever.
Re: Another Reason To Doubt Religion by LogicalFull: 12:26am On Apr 16, 2021
You have it confused brother. Atheism isn't a religion "it is the absence of beliefs in deities". It is straight forward to conclude by observation & fair consideration in expected cause & effects of life processes when all what a person has been taught & coached to believe all their life from childhood is set aside for a moment. The world is so big & by extension the universe that an omniscient being is only concerned with the affairs of only one species of primates, there are so many roads that will lead to the realisation when one stops insulting their intelligence.
Againstlies:
what about Hinduism the Indian religion and the oldest religion was it in the red spot in that picture.

religion is all about your believe, don't forget atheist is also a religion so if you think religion is confusing the best thing you should do is to die and live the world for others.

as long as you are a living soul you must believe in something.

so carry your atheist religion and gerrout of my sight!!!
Re: Another Reason To Doubt Religion by LogicalFull: 12:34am On Apr 16, 2021
In my opinion, the validity of the question isn't dependent on the username of the author or participants. They can either discuss it or ignore it entirely, no need for name callings.
Againstlies:

the op is confused, why will he use the fatherofjesus as his name when he fully knows that he is not a Christian.
why won't he answer the fatherofatheist or whatever.

Re: Another Reason To Doubt Religion by Nobody: 12:49am On Apr 16, 2021
LogicalFull:
In my opinion, the validity of the question isn't dependent on the username of the author or participants. They can either discuss it or ignore it entirely, no need for name callings.

atheist is a religion that believes there is no God, go and check the meaning of religion and come back.

you think I don't know you are the op with another username.

anything that has to do with your believe about God is a religion. if you like believe or not, who cares!!!!
Re: Another Reason To Doubt Religion by johnydon22(m): 7:38am On Apr 16, 2021
Againstlies:

atheist is a religion that believes there is no God, go and check the meaning of religion and come back.

No. Atheism is not a religion just like theism is not a religion.

Religion can be based on theistic or atheistic beliefs but neither in itself is a religion.

Theism is the position that there are Gods
Atheism is the belief in the contrary.

A religion on the other hand is an organization with uniformed beliefs, rituals, doctrines etc.

Neither theism or atheism is an organization.

Christianity, Buddhism, Islam on the other hand are.

Imagine theism and atheism as crates of beer. Imagine religion as bottles of beer.

A crate can be used to carry beer but a crate is not a beer.

anything that has to do with your believe about God is a religion. if you like believe or not, who cares!!!!
No. It is not

1 Like

Re: Another Reason To Doubt Religion by LogicalFull: 9:13am On Apr 16, 2021
Calm down brother, just breath. Nobi everything be fight��, this reaction always amazes me, i get that this topic stirs up the worst in descent people but remember i am flesh & blood like you too, so just engage without hostility & maybe ask yourself why you always react this way.

I am certain a simple internet search for the word isn't beyond you to update your base & to clarify i am not the author of this thread & if I was i can standup for myself without the pretence.

"anything that has to do with your believe about God is a religion" Any belief about God(s) is just you having an active imagination for lack of understanding of your environment which isn't necessarily unhealthy, it is a feature of our brains problem solving abilities & you don't have to take my words for it, be observant & read more.

Learning is not a one bus-stop journey, Learn...Unlearn...Relearn. � & ✌�
Againstlies:

Re: Another Reason To Doubt Religion by LogicalFull: 9:17am On Apr 16, 2021
I liked how you explained this. Nice [color=#770077][/color] smiley
johnydon22:

No. Atheism is not a religion just like theism is not a religion.

Religion can be based on theistic or atheistic beliefs but neither in itself is a religion.

Theism is the position that there are Gods
Atheism is the belief in the contrary.

A religion on the other hand is an organization with uniformed beliefs, rituals, doctrines etc.

Neither theism or atheism is an organization.

Christianity, Buddhism, Islam on the other hand are.

Imagine theism and atheism as crates of beer. Imagine religion as bottles of beer.

A crate can be used to carry beer but a crate is not a beer.

No. It is not

(1) (Reply)

Did the romans create Jesus / How Many Resurrections Are There Going To Be? / Let's Stop Judging And Start Praying For Our Pastors, Bishop And Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.