Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,544 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Expiation For One Who Had Intercourse With His Wife During The Day In Ramadan - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Expiation For One Who Had Intercourse With His Wife During The Day In Ramadan (14576 Views)

Sexual Intercourse With Menstruating Women Is Prohibited / Ruling On Woman Refusing Sexual Intercourse With Her Husband / Can I Have Intercourse With The Woman I Illegally Impregnated? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Expiation For One Who Had Intercourse With His Wife During The Day In Ramadan by Realismailakabir: 11:18pm On Apr 15, 2021
Question

My question is complex. First, during the first Ramadan that my wife and I were married, we did something that we are ashamed of and have sincerely repented for; and that is have intercourse while fasting. Unfortunately, this occured 2 or 3 times.
I have come to know that the correct action for this is to: first free a slave or second, fast for 60 days continuously. The first option of freeing a slave is not possible, so my question is about fasting. I could fast for sixty days..... Also, if one is to fast is that 60 days for each time one had intercourse during Ramadans fast?

Answer

Praise be to Allah.

Our advice is that you should try to fast the two consecutive months during cold or temperate days when the days will be shorter and it will be less difficult for you, or during the annual leave which your employer gives you, and other opportunities which you can make use of for this purpose. If you really and truly cannot fast, then it is permissible for you to feed sixty poor persons. You could give them food in stages – according to what you are able to do – until you have fed the complete number. Your wife also has to make a similar expiation if she was a willing partner in the act of intercourse during the day in Ramadan. If the number of times that intercourse took place happened on different days, then you have to offer expiation for each day on which the sanctity of the sacred month was broken.

According to a report narrated by Ahmad from ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her), whilst the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was sitting in the shade of the fortress of Hassaan, a man came to him and said, “I have been burnt, O Messenger of Allaah!” He asked, “What is wrong with you?” He said, “I had intercourse with my wife whilst I was fasting.” She [‘Aa’ishah] said: that was in Ramadaan. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to him, “Sit down,” so he sat down at the back of the gathering. Then a man came with a donkey on whose back was a basket of dates, and said: “This is my sadaqah (charity) O Messenger of Allaah.” The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “Where is the burnt one who just came?” He said: “Here I am, O Messenger of Allaah.” He said: “Take this and give it in charity.” He said, “Where should it go except to me and my family, O Messenger of Allaah? By Him Who sent you with the truth, I cannot find anything for me and my family.” He said: “Take it.” So he took it. (al-Musnad 6/276).

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/1672/expiation-for-one-who-had-intercourse-with-his-wife-during-the-day-in-ramadan

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Expiation For One Who Had Intercourse With His Wife During The Day In Ramadan by AntiChristian: 9:05am On Apr 16, 2021
This is lovely. The rulings of Islam is beautiful. We fast, observe Salah and other acts of worship just as the Prophet did and command. See the ease above?

Ustadh Kabir Realismailakabir, May Allah accept it from us all and make our scale of good deeds heavier and that of bad extremely lighter in the hereafter. Aamin.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Expiation For One Who Had Intercourse With His Wife During The Day In Ramadan by Rashduct4luv(m): 9:23am On Apr 16, 2021
May Allah grant us piety like those Sahaba! Who strive to repent when they err.

O Allah! Forgive us, our parents and all the Muslimeen & Muslimaat (dead/alive/yet unborn) till the day of hisab.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Expiation For One Who Had Intercourse With His Wife During The Day In Ramadan by UncleSnr(m): 9:48am On Apr 16, 2021
Today will be based on rulings on sex.
We are here for it.

3 Likes

Re: Expiation For One Who Had Intercourse With His Wife During The Day In Ramadan by BF69BF: 9:49am On Apr 16, 2021
PussyKing:
Muslims why do you marry underaged girls of 12-15 years

Just asking

This is a very valid question, anyone care to answer?

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Expiation For One Who Had Intercourse With His Wife During The Day In Ramadan by naija4life247: 9:49am On Apr 16, 2021
i'm sorry for you
Re: Expiation For One Who Had Intercourse With His Wife During The Day In Ramadan by OBALOLA55(m): 9:53am On Apr 16, 2021
scholarnwadimma WHATS YOUR TAKE ON THIS undecided
Re: Expiation For One Who Had Intercourse With His Wife During The Day In Ramadan by womenareapes1: 9:54am On Apr 16, 2021
PussyKing:

Just asking

in Islam a girl of 12-15 yrs old, them said have the sweetest vagina (praise be Allah) that when penetrating (amadullahi) they give this sweetest pleasure that mimic paradise

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Expiation For One Who Had Intercourse With His Wife During The Day In Ramadan by marvin906(m): 9:56am On Apr 16, 2021
Una nor go kill me with laugh

15 Likes

Re: Expiation For One Who Had Intercourse With His Wife During The Day In Ramadan by TruthHurts1(m): 10:00am On Apr 16, 2021
grin

1 Like

Re: Expiation For One Who Had Intercourse With His Wife During The Day In Ramadan by Aaa007: 10:02am On Apr 16, 2021
PussyKing:

Just asking

answer this questions 4rm your books

She lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses. Ezekiel 23:20 NIV

You will be pledged to be married to a woman, but another will take her and rape her. You will build a house, but you will not live in it. You will plant a vineyard, but you will not even begin to enjoy its fruit. Your ox will be slaughtered before your eyes, but you will eat none of it. Your donkey will be forcibly taken from you and will not be returned. Your sheep will be given to your enemies, and no one will rescue them. . . . The Lord will afflict your knees and legs with painful boils that cannot be cured, spreading from the soles of your feet to the top of your head. Deuteronomy 28:30-31,35

Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known man intimately. But all the girls who have not known man intimately, spare for yourselves. Numbers 31:17-18

He [Josiah] executed the priests of the pagan shrines on their own altars, and he burned human bones on the altars to desecrate them.... He did this in obedience to all the laws written in the scroll that Hilkiah the priest had found in the LORD's Temple. Never before had there been a king like Josiah, who turned to the LORD with all his heart and soul and strength, obeying all the laws of Moses. And there has never been a king like him since. 2 Kings 23:20-25 NLT

You may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. Ephesians 6:5 NLT

10 Likes

Re: Expiation For One Who Had Intercourse With His Wife During The Day In Ramadan by biotechshola(m): 10:07am On Apr 16, 2021
PussyKing:

Just asking

How does that affect you? Has any Muslim come asking your 12-15yrs old sister's hand in marriage?

3 Likes

Re: Expiation For One Who Had Intercourse With His Wife During The Day In Ramadan by chillychill(f): 10:08am On Apr 16, 2021
Jazakumllahu khairan...

1 Like

Re: Expiation For One Who Had Intercourse With His Wife During The Day In Ramadan by Nobody: 10:08am On Apr 16, 2021
Realismailakabir:
Question

My question is complex. First, during the first Ramadan that my wife and I were married, we did something that we are ashamed of and have sincerely repented for; and that is have intercourse while fasting. Unfortunately, this occured 2 or 3 times.
I have come to know that the correct action for this is to: first free a slave or second, fast for 60 days continuously. The first option of freeing a slave is not possible, so my question is about fasting. I could fast for sixty days..... Also, if one is to fast is that 60 days for each time one had intercourse during Ramadans fast?

Answer

Praise be to Allah.

Our advice is that you should try to fast the two consecutive months during cold or temperate days when the days will be shorter and it will be less difficult for you, or during the annual leave which your employer gives you, and other opportunities which you can make use of for this purpose. If you really and truly cannot fast, then it is permissible for you to feed sixty poor persons. You could give them food in stages – according to what you are able to do – until you have fed the complete number. Your wife also has to make a similar expiation if she was a willing partner in the act of intercourse during the day in Ramadan. If the number of times that intercourse took place happened on different days, then you have to offer expiation for each day on which the sanctity of the sacred month was broken.

According to a report narrated by Ahmad from ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her), whilst the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was sitting in the shade of the fortress of Hassaan, a man came to him and said, “I have been burnt, O Messenger of Allaah!” He asked, “What is wrong with you?” He said, “I had intercourse with my wife whilst I was fasting.” She [‘Aa’ishah] said: that was in Ramadaan. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to him, “Sit down,” so he sat down at the back of the gathering. Then a man came with a donkey on whose back was a basket of dates, and said: “This is my sadaqah (charity) O Messenger of Allaah.” The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “Where is the burnt one who just came?” He said: “Here I am, O Messenger of Allaah.” He said: “Take this and give it in charity.” He said, “Where should it go except to me and my family, O Messenger of Allaah? By Him Who sent you with the truth, I cannot find anything for me and my family.” He said: “Take it.” So he took it. (al-Musnad 6/276).

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/1672/expiation-for-one-who-had-intercourse-with-his-wife-during-the-day-in-ramadan
Most of the problems with Islam are hadith's written by men like you and I,it does not hold waters.The first hadith came 300 years after the death of the prophet and as such no true information can be gotten exactly the way it is through hadith's,nothing like authentic hadiths its all hogwash. The only book and guide Allah gave to us is the Qur'an and Allah warned us never to deviate from it,the Qur'an is a complete guide for us and Allah seriously warned us never to write books other than His(the Qur'an), HE said he will guide the Qur'an till eternity and no one will be able to tamper with it but the enemies of Islam began trying every possible means to adulterate the Quran and when their efforts didn't yield the needed results they began to write the so called hadith's as explaining the Qur'an when the Qur'an itself is self explanatory. Go do a deep research about the origin of hadith's before you reply.

4 Likes

Re: Expiation For One Who Had Intercourse With His Wife During The Day In Ramadan by zabuur: 10:09am On Apr 16, 2021
PussyKing:

Just asking

You too, why do you rape underage girls 12 - 15?

2 Likes

Re: Expiation For One Who Had Intercourse With His Wife During The Day In Ramadan by englishmart(m): 10:14am On Apr 16, 2021
Hmm

1 Like

Re: Expiation For One Who Had Intercourse With His Wife During The Day In Ramadan by Musisco01(m): 10:16am On Apr 16, 2021
PussyKing:

Just asking

This question have been answered time without numbers, first of all, if the girl had reached puberty and she was willing for the union; then it is allowed. Is 10 year old girl now not bleeding? In Indian it is like this. So please be guided! May the peace of the Almighty be with you.

1 Like

Re: Expiation For One Who Had Intercourse With His Wife During The Day In Ramadan by englishmart(m): 10:17am On Apr 16, 2021
Most of these religious practices are devoid of sanity

#bantilosha

1 Like

Re: Expiation For One Who Had Intercourse With His Wife During The Day In Ramadan by babayinka77(m): 10:26am On Apr 16, 2021
womenareapes1:
in Islam a girl of 12-15 yrs old, them said have the sweetest vagina (praise be Allah) that when penetrating (amadullahi) they give this sweetest pleasure that mimic paradise

It is advised to give out your female child who has gotten to "age of maturity" in marriage. But it is not for anyone to "go into" a girl who is under aged.

Is child marriage legal in Europe?
Most European countries still allow marriage under the age of 18 in certain circumstances, such as with parental consent or the approval of a judicial or governmental authority. In U.S. the situation is similar, with Delaware this year becoming the first state to ban marriage for anyone under 18 without exception.

1 Like

Re: Expiation For One Who Had Intercourse With His Wife During The Day In Ramadan by Vulcanheph(m): 10:32am On Apr 16, 2021
First of all I don't believe in that "do you believe in Mohammed stuff" nairaland posts before commenting on Muslim threads and I'm not even a religious person even though I was born and raised Christian..... On the matter I think it's very stupid for someone to not enjoy sex with his wife simply because of a religion that started in the middle East over 1500 years ago.

Bottom line
No one can dictate for me when to screw MY OWN WIFE.

3 Likes

Re: Expiation For One Who Had Intercourse With His Wife During The Day In Ramadan by AbuAeesha: 10:38am On Apr 16, 2021
Realismailakabir:
Question

Answer

Praise be to Allah.

Praise be to Allah,for the mercy of islam
Re: Expiation For One Who Had Intercourse With His Wife During The Day In Ramadan by flames01: 10:51am On Apr 16, 2021
AntiChristian:
This is lovely. The rulings of Islam is beautiful. We fast, observe Salah and other acts of worship just as the Prophet did and command. See the ease above?

Ustadh Kabir Realismailakabir, May Allah accept it from us all and make our scale of good deeds heavier and that of bad extremely lighter in the hereafter. Aamin.

Including rulings that says you must be forced to fast?

Your religion is a religion of bondage.

Bunch of gluttons claiming fasting.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Muslim Group To Form Shield Of Protection For Churches On Sunday / Top 12 Misconceptions About Islam / Islam Forbids Men From Forcing Their Wives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.