Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,996 members, 7,821,475 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

LASG Meets With Stakeholders On Reconstruction Of Adeniji-Adele Road, Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LASG Meets With Stakeholders On Reconstruction Of Adeniji-Adele Road, Others (7504 Views)

Lagos State Government Commissions Rehabilitayed Adeniji Adele And Tapa Street / Lagos State Begins Reconstruction Of Adeniji Adele Road / See Reaction From People As Buhari Passes Adeniji Adele Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

LASG Meets With Stakeholders On Reconstruction Of Adeniji-Adele Road, Others by Lanrelagboi: 3:57pm On Apr 16, 2021
*LASG MEETS WITH STAKEHOLDERS ON RECONSTRUCTION, UPGRADE OF ADENIJI-ADELE ROAD, OTHERS*

In furtherance of the State Governments policy on inclusive governance, the Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu, on Thursday, reiterated his administration’s readiness to extend development to every part of the State.

Governor Sanwo-Olu disclosed this at a meeting with stakeholders on the reconstruction and upgrade of Adeniji-Adele Road, Oke-Popo/Tapa Streets in Lagos Island Local Government Area of the State.

The Governor, who was represented by the Special Adviser on Works and Infrastructure, Engr. Aramide Adeyoye, informed residents that arrangements have been concluded to embark on rehabilitation and upgrade of major roads within Lagos Island using semi-rigid pavements with complementary facilities such as street lights, drainage construction and provision of service ducts.

He said the government has already commenced the reconstruction and upgrade of the popular Massey Street Children Hospital on Lagos Island to a fit-for-purpose children hospital and rehabilitation of these roads will complement the facility, adding that aside from rehabilitating major roads within the axis, the State government also has plans to redevelop the popular Pelewura Market.

“All of these will add up to the State Infrastructural stock and improve the quality of life of our dear citizens of Lagos”, Sanwo-Olu averred.

Lending his voice to the initiative, the Oba of Lagos, HRM, Oba Rilwan Aremu Akiolu, commended the State Government on the project, saying once started, construction works on the road should be completed without delay so as to make life bearable for commuters and road users.

The Monarch also implored the present administration to remember to give the necessary attention to other vital roads in the axis.

Also speaking at the event, the Deputy Speaker of the State House of Assembly, Mr. Wasiu Esinlokun Sanni, representing Lagos Island I Constituency, expressed great joy at the commencement of “a project which the people of Lagos have been yearning for”.

He applauded the Governor for taking this bold step which will improve the property value and reduce the stress of those commuting in the area and also boost economic activities in Lagos.

Earlier in his welcome address, the Permanent Secretary, Office of Infrastructure, Engineer Rotimi Thomas, said Adeniji-Adele Road which is 2.234km and Oke-Popo/Tapa Streets of about 1.6km are being used to jump-start the rehabilitation and upgrade works to further bring about socio-economic growth, enhance infrastructural development as well as create employment for residents in the area.

While urging stakeholders to support the Government in its efforts to build a Greater Lagos, the Chairman of the Lagos Island East Local Government, Comrade Kamar Salau-Bashar assured the Government of the total support by the residents of Lagos Island and urged the contractor to engage the teeming youths of the area in the construction works.

Stakeholders at the event including Hon. Afinni Olanrewaju Suleiman representing Lagos Island 2, Prince Atoyese Olusi, the White Cap Chiefs and many other dignitaries, commended Governor Sanwo-Olu's administration for its efforts at providing infrastructure among other initiatives in developing Lagos.

#ForAGreaterLagos

https://oyotoday.com/lasg-meets-with-stakeholders-on-reconstruction-upgrade-of-adeniji-adele-road-others/

1 Like

Re: LASG Meets With Stakeholders On Reconstruction Of Adeniji-Adele Road, Others by Amspecial: 4:06pm On Apr 16, 2021
grin

2 Likes

Re: LASG Meets With Stakeholders On Reconstruction Of Adeniji-Adele Road, Others by englishmart(m): 4:06pm On Apr 16, 2021
Nigeria will get there. The only problem is that we don't have transport fare.

#bantilosha

8 Likes

Re: LASG Meets With Stakeholders On Reconstruction Of Adeniji-Adele Road, Others by Nobody: 4:07pm On Apr 16, 2021
Enugu State doesn't have a governor since 2015 till date.....Enugu State (pothole of the nation)

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Meets With Stakeholders On Reconstruction Of Adeniji-Adele Road, Others by Alejobs: 4:07pm On Apr 16, 2021
Let the good work continue, Lagos, a country inside a country!

7 Likes

Re: LASG Meets With Stakeholders On Reconstruction Of Adeniji-Adele Road, Others by AmazingELixir: 4:07pm On Apr 16, 2021
lipsrsealed

If Lagos state can find a way of doing away with the sea of agberos, abok.i nuisance, beggars and hawkers...not forgetting the activities of commercial bus and okada riders...then it will be on course to achieving it's TRUE potential.

7 Likes

Re: LASG Meets With Stakeholders On Reconstruction Of Adeniji-Adele Road, Others by BabaIbo: 4:07pm On Apr 16, 2021
Too long and boring.

News like this doesn't need to be unnecessarily voluminous abeg.

Summary abeg.

1 Like

Re: LASG Meets With Stakeholders On Reconstruction Of Adeniji-Adele Road, Others by unitysheart(m): 4:07pm On Apr 16, 2021
Na substandard road dem go still do.

1 Like

Re: LASG Meets With Stakeholders On Reconstruction Of Adeniji-Adele Road, Others by Bvlgari: 4:10pm On Apr 16, 2021
pls give me your Attention..because I have been observing something in this nairaland forum...and it seems nobody is talking.. or everybody is doing Eye service...Me for one..i don't pretend...I say it the way it is.. but I am always careful..not to insult anyone....but I will definitely say the truth..because for the fact that it has not gotten to you does not mean you won't talk about it, and I owe nobody an apology..because I need to say my mind. We all here are matured ..so we all need to know that today's is 16th of April 2021 and its Friday..
Thank u very much for your time.��

1 Like

Re: LASG Meets With Stakeholders On Reconstruction Of Adeniji-Adele Road, Others by Vtyb: 4:13pm On Apr 16, 2021
Okay
Re: LASG Meets With Stakeholders On Reconstruction Of Adeniji-Adele Road, Others by Splendor4(m): 4:14pm On Apr 16, 2021
b
Re: LASG Meets With Stakeholders On Reconstruction Of Adeniji-Adele Road, Others by adekanmbi1986(m): 4:14pm On Apr 16, 2021
Hmmm
Re: LASG Meets With Stakeholders On Reconstruction Of Adeniji-Adele Road, Others by NwaNimo1(m): 4:14pm On Apr 16, 2021

2 Likes

Re: LASG Meets With Stakeholders On Reconstruction Of Adeniji-Adele Road, Others by seyz91(m): 4:16pm On Apr 16, 2021
Then we can noy get there then if we dont have that
englishmart:
Nigeria will get there. The only problem is that we don't have transport fare.

#bantilosha
Re: LASG Meets With Stakeholders On Reconstruction Of Adeniji-Adele Road, Others by Nobody: 4:16pm On Apr 16, 2021
Please do it fast fast ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
i will congratulate you later when you are done
Re: LASG Meets With Stakeholders On Reconstruction Of Adeniji-Adele Road, Others by Splendor4(m): 4:16pm On Apr 16, 2021
Good one
Re: LASG Meets With Stakeholders On Reconstruction Of Adeniji-Adele Road, Others by seyz91(m): 4:17pm On Apr 16, 2021
cheesy
Bvlgari:
pls give me your Attention..because I have been observing something in this nairaland forum...and it seems nobody is talking.. or everybody is doing Eye service...Me for one..i don't pretend...I say it the way it is.. but I am always careful..not to insult anyone....but I will definitely say the truth..because for the fact that it has not gotten to you does not mean you won't talk about it, and I owe nobody an apology..because I need to say my mind. We all here are matured ..so we all need to know that today's is 16th of April 2021 and its Friday..
Thank u very much for your time.��
Re: LASG Meets With Stakeholders On Reconstruction Of Adeniji-Adele Road, Others by Nobody: 4:18pm On Apr 16, 2021
oh wish you goodluck or buhari, which one do you want?
Re: LASG Meets With Stakeholders On Reconstruction Of Adeniji-Adele Road, Others by brownemmanuel43(m): 4:18pm On Apr 16, 2021
The dullard is back people, the confusion and killing keep going on day by day
Re: LASG Meets With Stakeholders On Reconstruction Of Adeniji-Adele Road, Others by Urbest765: 4:18pm On Apr 16, 2021
Oh
Re: LASG Meets With Stakeholders On Reconstruction Of Adeniji-Adele Road, Others by Wonk(m): 4:22pm On Apr 16, 2021
Bullshit!
I hate stakeholders, that's where I'm at!
Re: LASG Meets With Stakeholders On Reconstruction Of Adeniji-Adele Road, Others by zoedew: 4:24pm On Apr 16, 2021
Proactive!

2 Likes

Re: LASG Meets With Stakeholders On Reconstruction Of Adeniji-Adele Road, Others by Bayaar02(m): 4:25pm On Apr 16, 2021
Nice!

1 Like

Re: LASG Meets With Stakeholders On Reconstruction Of Adeniji-Adele Road, Others by maxell(f): 4:27pm On Apr 16, 2021
Great job Mr Governor.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

“Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT / Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly / OMG! This Is Sign That There Will Be War After Election [MUST READ]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.