Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Pantami: Forces Against NIN Policy Behind Attacks Against Me - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pantami: Forces Against NIN Policy Behind Attacks Against Me (19510 Views)

Ondo: Ayedatiwa Remains Adamant, Rallies Forces Against Akeredolu - Tribune / Police Kill 'Dragon', A Dreaded Bandit Behind Attacks In Imo (Graphic Pics) / Ezeife: IPOB Not Behind Attacks In Southeast. Igbo Don’t Shed Blood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pantami: Forces Against NIN Policy Behind Attacks Against Me by yashau(m): 11:22pm On Apr 16, 2021
Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Isa Pantami, has alleged forces against the Federal Government’s compulsory policy on National Identification Number (NIN) registration for all Nigerians and those residing in the country are behind recent attacks against him.

Pantami in an exclusive interview with PREMIUM TIMES dismissed all the allegations against him, describing them as ‘untrue’.

He further denied links to extremist views, saying criminals and other ‘entrenched interests’ are behind the attacks on him.

He said: “I have no doubt about this. It has to do with the National Identification Number. Do you know one thing? This policy was started in 2011, it was not successful. Why? It was fought

“…In 2015, it came up, it was not successful. In 2018 there was a time that there were meetings between government and mobile network operators.

“And it was actually announced that by the agreement with government, the deadline was January 2018. It is there online, I will share it with you if you like. By January 2018, it was not implemented because there are forces against it. There are forces!”

Pantami explained NIN registration is not only meant for Nigerians but it could be obtained by anybody in Nigeria.

He said: “Now they have started coming with the news that people are coming from neighbouring countries to register.

“What they fail to understand is that the National Identification Number is not only for Nigerians; anybody in Nigeria can obtain it.

Read Also: I’ve no ties with Boko Haram – Pantami
“Section 16 and 17 of the Act mention the registrable people in the country – citizens, legal residents, legal permanent residents, and legal residents for a minimum of two years. So, it is not only for citizens. And it is also important to know that this is not just an indication that they are citizens of Nigeria.

“It is rather an indication that you presented your biometric data, so the government has control over your data.

“And that data of NIMC (National Identity Management Commission), nobody has access to it in any way he likes. Getting access to it illegally is 10 years in prison. It is there in the law. But people will like to discredit it, because they don’t like it.”

The Minister added: “As long as it is implemented by the government, it will go a long way in reducing crime and based on the statistics we have been seeing now, it’s really encouraging.

“As government, our priority is the protection of the lives and property of our citizens. Security is our priority as a government – whether in agric, digital economy, education or in health, in whatever.

“President Muhammadu Buahari is so passionate about security, and he directed me to do that because he knows I try to persevere despite challenges and do what is right in the interest of our citizens and humanity.”

“You know as a government appointee, and at this level, if you say you are going to be intimidated by everything, then you cannot do the work. You cannot do the work.

” I was with the Minister of Foreign Affairs this week, on April 12. I was with the Minister. I was with the ambassadors of the U.K., the U.S., South Korea, and many other countries.

“Even this issue that we are talking about, based on our findings, preliminary investigation, many people are not happy with what we have been doing – linking National Identification Number with SIM. Because a situation will come that all the people using SIM to commit crime will not be able to do that.

“If they do that, the government will be able to intercept them easily. This is what they don’t want to happen. And this is a mandate given to me by President Muhammadu Buhari. He personally signed the letter that ‘you are mandated to do that’.

“As his appointee, I should either do it or say I cannot. So, since I am willing to serve my country, I must continue to do it to the best of my ability.

“So, in my meeting with them, they even encouraged me to push it and make it very successful.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/forces-against-nin-policy-behind-attacks-against-me-pantami/

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pantami: Forces Against NIN Policy Behind Attacks Against Me by EzeNri(m): 11:23pm On Apr 16, 2021
Salafi terrorist

239 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Pantami: Forces Against NIN Policy Behind Attacks Against Me by yashau(m): 11:24pm On Apr 16, 2021
Story story, this is the reason why the northern Nigeria remain backward, let call a spade a spade.....the truth allways bitter,

202 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Pantami: Forces Against NIN Policy Behind Attacks Against Me by Vulcanheph(m): 11:24pm On Apr 16, 2021
Fool.... Always looking for who to blame.

182 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Pantami: Forces Against NIN Policy Behind Attacks Against Me by SpatialKing(m): 11:27pm On Apr 16, 2021
Hmm

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pantami: Forces Against NIN Policy Behind Attacks Against Me by Penguin2: 11:28pm On Apr 16, 2021
Shut up my friend.

Is it those forces that asked you to hold extreme Islamic views claiming you are happy when “unbelievers” are killed.

Isa Pandemic...

We don’t want a terrorist sitting atop our database

249 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Pantami: Forces Against NIN Policy Behind Attacks Against Me by Ammishaddai: 11:30pm On Apr 16, 2021
With NIN, it will be easier for Boko-haram and other members of this gestapo regime to monitor and trace people who do not bow to their dictatorship

148 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Pantami: Forces Against NIN Policy Behind Attacks Against Me by 360degreess(m): 11:32pm On Apr 16, 2021
Honourable minister you are 100% right.. Fraudstars, criminals,Boko Haram sympathaizers, Yahoo boys, Igbos terrorists etc are the brain behind all these fake news.. They are all feeling the heat of NIN-SIM linkage..we saw something similar during ENDSARS, where thugs, criminals and hoodlums where using protest to carryout their evil plans.. Their financiers and supporters were using social media to promote the protest.. Pantami continue your good works.Infact, they are giving you more popularity.

75 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Pantami: Forces Against NIN Policy Behind Attacks Against Me by SarkinYarki: 11:34pm On Apr 16, 2021
Ammishaddai:
With NIN, it will be easier for Boko-haram and other members of this gestapo regime to monitor and trace people who do not bow to their dictatorship
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: Pantami: Forces Against NIN Policy Behind Attacks Against Me by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 11:41pm On Apr 16, 2021
Pantami na kpef nigga, he should resign PERIOD

No BMC îmbecile should bother quoting me because I won't reply cool

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pantami: Forces Against NIN Policy Behind Attacks Against Me by Subduer: 12:55am On Apr 17, 2021
Hasn't arrested anyone looting Nigeria in the NNPC, or Customs, or those Governors. Especially dem Governors.
Anyone that wants to lie in Nigeria claims to be a Crime Buster. Nonsense.

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pantami: Forces Against NIN Policy Behind Attacks Against Me by Max24: 2:37am On Apr 17, 2021
So the new excuse for not fighting real corruption under Bihari is now absence of NIN? Clowns and criminals.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pantami: Forces Against NIN Policy Behind Attacks Against Me by Jostoman: 4:39am On Apr 17, 2021
Vulcanheph:
Fool.... Always looking for who to blame.
that is the only thing the present government know how to do best.

7 Likes

Re: Pantami: Forces Against NIN Policy Behind Attacks Against Me by Racoon(m): 4:44am On Apr 17, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD4Z3r_2Ur0
See this glorified mumu trying frantically to use the doctrine of taqqiya on the gullible Nigerians.So has your NIN policy tracked and arrest Shekau, and other of his foot soldiers that are busy wiring monies from UAE to Nigeria for terrorism with ease which the UAE government has done effortlessly?

What about the financial fraud that are being committed using electronic means.Are they telling us the BVN which also must be linked to a SIM/NIN (phone number) are not being involved? These terrorists thinks every Nigerian is a cow they can tell any shitcrap to.It is really sad, this is what Buhari gave this nation.

46 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Pantami: Forces Against NIN Policy Behind Attacks Against Me by Jostoman: 4:45am On Apr 17, 2021
360degreess:
Honourable minister you are 100% right.. Fraudstars, criminals,Boko Haram sympathaizers, Yahoo boys, Igbos terrorists etc are the brain behind all these fake news.. They are all feeling the heat of NIN-SIM linkage..we saw something similar during ENDSARS, where thugs, criminals and hoodlums where using protest to carryout their evil plans.. Their financiers and supporters were using social media to promote the protest.. Pantami continue your good works.Infact, they are giving more popularity.
oga forget this nonsense you are saying it is the same government you are supporting that sponsor those hoodlums against END SARS protesters.

89 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pantami: Forces Against NIN Policy Behind Attacks Against Me by Racoon(m): 4:49am On Apr 17, 2021
360degreess:
Fraudstars, criminals,Boko Haram sympathaizers, Yahoo boys, Igbos terrorists etc are the brain behind all these fake news.. They are all feeling the heat of NIN-SIM linkage..we saw something similar during ENDSARS, where thugs, criminals and hoodlums where using protest to carryout their evil plans...
What about the government sponsored counter protest against the #EndSARS protest?

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Pantami: Forces Against NIN Policy Behind Attacks Against Me by Mrentertainer(m): 4:50am On Apr 17, 2021
Na so

1 Like

Re: Pantami: Forces Against NIN Policy Behind Attacks Against Me by tuna85: 4:50am On Apr 17, 2021
EzeNri:
Salafi terrorist

Learn to think thrice before typing, the NIN policies, no doubt are for the benefit of everyone. We all understand that the present administration is a very disappointing one but notwithstanding, some developments are very necessary and inevitable .

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pantami: Forces Against NIN Policy Behind Attacks Against Me by Sheuns(m): 4:51am On Apr 17, 2021
Mumu talk. Instead of trying to exonerate yourself, they’ll always blame their misfortune on others.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pantami: Forces Against NIN Policy Behind Attacks Against Me by PissfulProtester: 4:51am On Apr 17, 2021
I like this...

Pantami, continue to do your thing and don't mind these people. If I were you, I wouldn't even react to that madness.

Too many mad people from that side of Nigeria, disgracing the nation just because they want to tweet and be noticed.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pantami: Forces Against NIN Policy Behind Attacks Against Me by Nobody: 4:51am On Apr 17, 2021
Terrorist or not let him finish the NIN registration then he can. Resign afterwards

1 Like

Re: Pantami: Forces Against NIN Policy Behind Attacks Against Me by michlins(m): 4:51am On Apr 17, 2021
You hold our digital informations. Tell us the "forces". These allegations are heavy

9 Likes

Re: Pantami: Forces Against NIN Policy Behind Attacks Against Me by tillaman(m): 4:51am On Apr 17, 2021
Patanmi na terrorista

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pantami: Forces Against NIN Policy Behind Attacks Against Me by AmigoDeDon(m): 4:52am On Apr 17, 2021
Very possible

1 Like

Re: Pantami: Forces Against NIN Policy Behind Attacks Against Me by whirlwind7(m): 4:53am On Apr 17, 2021
Hehehehehe

Those "forces" travelled back into the past and created a video of you debating with boko haram founder, right?
Those "forces" went into the past and took hold of your tongue to make you say that you support al qaeda and isis and you admire Osama bin Laden and Al Barnawi the terrorist?

Have you ever seen anyone in this govt who admits to their fvckups and accept the blame for what they did wrong?
Somebody else has to take the blame for all their wrongs.
From Buhari, down to the lowliest personal assistant to the personal assistant of a junior minister's assistant.

When the head is rotten....

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Pantami: Forces Against NIN Policy Behind Attacks Against Me by Maxymilliano(m): 4:53am On Apr 17, 2021
This is childish and cheap propaganda

What's the relationship between linking NIN to SIM and Patanmi's pro-terrorism audio and video preachings that are all over the internet ?

So America that shortlisted him on their terrorism watchlist is afraid of linking NIN to SIM?

A terrorism sympathizer is a terrorist.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pantami: Forces Against NIN Policy Behind Attacks Against Me by MrIcredible: 4:54am On Apr 17, 2021
Bastard Abokî

It will never be well with you and your clan.

Senseless religious bigot.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pantami: Forces Against NIN Policy Behind Attacks Against Me by carbony4red(m): 4:54am On Apr 17, 2021
Story for d Gods

7 Likes

Re: Pantami: Forces Against NIN Policy Behind Attacks Against Me by FILEBE(m): 4:55am On Apr 17, 2021
As usual, the normal blame trading game. Nigerian politicians whenever they are accused of something, next is to start gaining sympathizers from the citizens by blaming it on religion , tribe and good ethical persom they had been before being accused.
In fact, Nigerians will always attribute all doings to his/her enemies. My enemies at work. They willl tell you this to cloud our reasoning. They won't address the claims with proofs or anything. You will just be hearing something like ;
because i did streetlght , the agent of darkness are against me.

11 Likes

Re: Pantami: Forces Against NIN Policy Behind Attacks Against Me by noleflendum: 4:57am On Apr 17, 2021
Especially ipob terrorists

2 Likes

Re: Pantami: Forces Against NIN Policy Behind Attacks Against Me by Bodexman(m): 4:58am On Apr 17, 2021
I don't know why our politicians usually to deny the obvious.

You're simply a terrorist apologist sir!

11 Likes

Re: Pantami: Forces Against NIN Policy Behind Attacks Against Me by TheRealestGuy(m): 4:58am On Apr 17, 2021
Can he address the issues of allegations of being a terrorist sympathizer and save us this usual nonsense talk?

Anyway, the chief sympathizer is president so what can we do?

Omo, Nigeria don enter one chance wey dem no fit comot again o cheesy

If you can afford it, or even take a loan, please do and get out of that country before 2023.

There is fire on the mountain...

15 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

IG Orders High Alert As Policemen Threaten To Embark On Strike / In A Letter, Boko Haram Threatens To Attack Polling Centers In Gombe State / Boko Haram Uses Special Roofs To Evade Air Bombardment —Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.