Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,858 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Katsina Government Employs Dogs To Secure Boarding Schools - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Katsina Government Employs Dogs To Secure Boarding Schools (19925 Views)

Primealert Strikes Deal With Katsina Government Against Banditry / Kankara Schoolboys Arrive Katsina Government House After Their Release (Video) / Katsina Government Lifts Ban On Friday Prayers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Katsina Government Employs Dogs To Secure Boarding Schools by EmekaBlue(m): 8:19am On Apr 17, 2021
The Katsina State Government have approved the employment of dogs by the security personnel deployed to secure the state’s boarding schools.

This move, according to the Katsina State Commissioner for Education, Dr Badamasi Lawal Charanchi is to complement the efforts of the security personnel attached to each boarding schools.

“We were advised to deploy these dogs at each school because they have special abilities to detect intruder faster than human beings in many instances.

“These dogs, when deployed will alert the students and other security agents in case of any intruder or bandits when they are coming”, he said.

On his part, the Executive Governor of Katsina State, Rt Hon Aminu Bello Masari said his administration has re-enforced the security architecture of the state’s boarding schools before reopening them.

According to him, apart from deploying five security guards at each school, a perimeter fence was erected and a security watch tower were all constructed in each of the state’s boarding schools.
Source: http://katsinapost.com.ng/2021/04/16/katsina-govt-employs-dogs-to-secure-boarding-schools/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Katsina Government Employs Dogs To Secure Boarding Schools by orikoku: 8:19am On Apr 17, 2021
Another joke of the day.

88 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Katsina Government Employs Dogs To Secure Boarding Schools by Vickym1(f): 8:21am On Apr 17, 2021
Is the dog wearing igboho's garment?

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Katsina Government Employs Dogs To Secure Boarding Schools by xpressionx(m): 8:24am On Apr 17, 2021
Dog pepper soup will soon become cheap in katsina

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Katsina Government Employs Dogs To Secure Boarding Schools by doggedfighter(f): 8:25am On Apr 17, 2021
Look where we're? undecided

8 Likes

Re: Katsina Government Employs Dogs To Secure Boarding Schools by Maxymilliano(m): 8:30am On Apr 17, 2021

We were advised to deploy these dogs at each school because they have special abilities to detect intruder faster than human beings in many instances.
grin
Make I laugh small

The whole security architecture of the State should be replaced with dogs, starting from the Chief Security Officer, who controls the security vote's

88 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Katsina Government Employs Dogs To Secure Boarding Schools by LMS1(m): 8:31am On Apr 17, 2021
Dogs were dem go Lure with piece of meat??

sha RIP TO THE INNOCENT DOGS WHEN they BURST in!!!

In the US dogs works alongside The Cops,
But in Nigeria Dogs replaces the Cops....

sorry we nor even get Cops Sef.
wetin we get for Nigeria na corpse cheesy

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Katsina Government Employs Dogs To Secure Boarding Schools by GreaterFuture3: 8:52am On Apr 17, 2021
Well, we hope it actually helps, and it's not completely silly as some part of me feels

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Katsina Government Employs Dogs To Secure Boarding Schools by ignis: 8:52am On Apr 17, 2021
Aboki will remain aboki, whether educated or not.
How will the dogs differentiate bandit intruders from the numerous students, visitors and staff of the school?
This is 21st century, serious countries are utilizing modern techlogies like CCTV, drones and Perimeter fence for security surveillance, in my country people want to use dogs.
Let them not forget to provide bullet proof vest or otumokpor for all the dogs.
Some persons will cash out big acquiring the dog, and continue cashing out millions daily for feeding the dogs.

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Katsina Government Employs Dogs To Secure Boarding Schools by ictjobber: 8:53am On Apr 17, 2021
The Dogs must be bullet proof
Re: Katsina Government Employs Dogs To Secure Boarding Schools by MozB: 8:53am On Apr 17, 2021
It's really not a bad idea if you ask me

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Katsina Government Employs Dogs To Secure Boarding Schools by eyoism1: 8:53am On Apr 17, 2021
The Lord Jesus is willing to save you from sins and make you a true child of God.

Come to Jesus Christ now and all of your sins will be forgiven.

Forgiveness brings freedom from sins.
Are your sins forgiven? Are you freed from the bondage of sins?

6 Likes

Re: Katsina Government Employs Dogs To Secure Boarding Schools by HealerH: 8:54am On Apr 17, 2021
Dogs.
Most loyal friends of humans.
I must have them when I retire. smiley

Don't call me racist, but I don't see myself owning an Ekuke in my home. grin
Re: Katsina Government Employs Dogs To Secure Boarding Schools by Germi9: 8:54am On Apr 17, 2021
they even used the word "employ"
Re: Katsina Government Employs Dogs To Secure Boarding Schools by adioolayi(m): 8:54am On Apr 17, 2021
Especially when our security architecture appears to be compromised nationwide....Dogs is the way to go.

Nigeria!!!
Re: Katsina Government Employs Dogs To Secure Boarding Schools by Judolisco(m): 8:54am On Apr 17, 2021
Nice development
Hope they are Ak47 proof
Re: Katsina Government Employs Dogs To Secure Boarding Schools by gungab(m): 8:54am On Apr 17, 2021
Smh
Re: Katsina Government Employs Dogs To Secure Boarding Schools by nairavsdollars(f): 8:54am On Apr 17, 2021
That Masari is unfit to be a local government chairman

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Katsina Government Employs Dogs To Secure Boarding Schools by F117nighthawk: 8:55am On Apr 17, 2021
Una brains Don dey set small small,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Katsina Government Employs Dogs To Secure Boarding Schools by Jonegonu: 8:55am On Apr 17, 2021
Welcome development
Re: Katsina Government Employs Dogs To Secure Boarding Schools by Franzinni: 8:55am On Apr 17, 2021
cool
Re: Katsina Government Employs Dogs To Secure Boarding Schools by Ezennia101(m): 8:56am On Apr 17, 2021
Uwa Nkea self, Shebi the dog can differentiate between students,staffs and the alleged intruders
Re: Katsina Government Employs Dogs To Secure Boarding Schools by Ghostmode2two(m): 8:56am On Apr 17, 2021
What baffles me in this country is how we have so many leaders and politicians who are so bereft of visionary ideas. So they think what the security network cannot do, it is animals that will do it? Tuehhhhh !!!
Re: Katsina Government Employs Dogs To Secure Boarding Schools by Grace001: 8:56am On Apr 17, 2021
Even the governor knows that they have failed in terms of security as a government
Re: Katsina Government Employs Dogs To Secure Boarding Schools by FrankAkowe: 8:57am On Apr 17, 2021
If properly done, the measure could help.

Anything to stem up security of lives and property is welcome.

1 Like

Re: Katsina Government Employs Dogs To Secure Boarding Schools by Primusinterpares(m): 8:57am On Apr 17, 2021
Walahi we are still in stone age in this country.

Can't these people think about mounting a 24 hour surveillance drone at a 2 mile radius distance. while the military monitor from the control room.

oh I forgot the military is compromised already.

But I still suggest that these dogs ain't the best for this job.
I used to think dogs are used because of their high sensitivity to odour. and they can track a curprit based on the smell. how does that correlate with securing the school. abi the dogs know the body odour of BH?

2 Likes

Re: Katsina Government Employs Dogs To Secure Boarding Schools by eedimo(m): 8:57am On Apr 17, 2021
Better
Re: Katsina Government Employs Dogs To Secure Boarding Schools by Godblessbiafraa: 8:58am On Apr 17, 2021
Aboki mentality

1 Like

Re: Katsina Government Employs Dogs To Secure Boarding Schools by bigbang1: 8:58am On Apr 17, 2021
Both Sheldon and Howard agreed on the importance of bettering one's self through schooling. When Sheldon became a part-time teacher at Caltech, Howard decided it was a good opportunity to get his doctorate. <a href="https://bigbangtimes.com/">https://www.bigbangtimes.com</a>
Re: Katsina Government Employs Dogs To Secure Boarding Schools by Umaruxoxo(m): 8:59am On Apr 17, 2021
Make we no go hear say dog Don bit students nyash comot
Re: Katsina Government Employs Dogs To Secure Boarding Schools by Plut01: 8:59am On Apr 17, 2021

I'm only interested in the amount allocated for the services of those Dogs.

Some government workers and a Dog breeding farm are about to massively cash out in the millions.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Appeal Court suspends judgement Sacking Otti, Abia/Kano LP Candidates / FG Excludes 26 Professional Bodies From 2024 Budgetary Allocations / APGA Member Murdered In Abia, Corpse Dumped By The Roadside. Graphic Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.