Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,118 members, 7,814,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

I'm I Safe With My Gas Cooker? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm I Safe With My Gas Cooker? (2002 Views)

My Gas Cylinder Was Stolen Tonight / Am I Safe With My Decision / My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm I Safe With My Gas Cooker? by LOSKYXANDER: 9:59am On Apr 17, 2021
I use a 4 burner maxi table top gas cooker. Ever since I bought my cylinder and gas cooker, something strange has been happening. The fire goes off on it's own sometimes when I'm cooking even when the gas knob is still on. I only realise the fire has gone off when I go to check the food I'm cooking. What could be the cause? Could it be the cylinder or the table gas cooker?
Please note that gas doesn't come out of the burner when the fire goes off until I turn the knob off and turn it on again
Please i need urgent advice!!
Thank you
Re: I'm I Safe With My Gas Cooker? by Sijo01(f): 10:07am On Apr 17, 2021
Why not take it to them to check or probably service it if need be. Something might be blocking the hose.

BTW, read the title of your thread again. Does it sound normal?

3 Likes

Re: I'm I Safe With My Gas Cooker? by NwaAmaikpe: 10:12am On Apr 17, 2021
shocked

It's either you bought a smart cooker that shuts itself down when your cooking doesn't need much flame/heat anymore or your Maxi gas cooker is suffering from the Next Level regime syndrome (NLRS) where rationing of resources is the only way to survive.

Either way; with the way things are going, one thing is certain. If the hardship in Nigeria does not kill you, that gas cooker will.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I'm I Safe With My Gas Cooker? by Nobody: 10:16am On Apr 17, 2021
Get rid of that gas cooker like the way you get rid of your previous relationship before you get burnt like a sacrificial ram.

2 Likes

Re: I'm I Safe With My Gas Cooker? by TarOrfeeek: 10:16am On Apr 17, 2021
Better safe than sorry.

Try to switch to firewood. Eating burnt jollof rice is better than burning like jollof rice.

4 Likes

Re: I'm I Safe With My Gas Cooker? by mariahAngel(f): 10:19am On Apr 17, 2021
LOSKYXANDER:
I use a 4 burner maxi table top gas cooker. Ever since I bought my cylinder and gas cooker, something strange has been happening. The fire goes off on it's own sometimes when I'm cooking even when the gas knob is still on. I only realise the fire has gone off when I go to check the food I'm cooking. What could be the cause? Could it be the cylinder or the table gas cooker?
Please note that gas doesn't come out of the burner when the fire goes off until I turn the knob off and turn it on again
Thank you

You're not safe.
Have it checked ASAP!
Re: I'm I Safe With My Gas Cooker? by Lamasta(m): 11:01am On Apr 17, 2021
LOSKYXANDER:
Thank you
Kindly show us the pix so we can offer a comprehensive advice cool

1 Like

Re: I'm I Safe With My Gas Cooker? by iamyemiakins(m): 11:40am On Apr 17, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

It's either you bought a smart cooker that shuts itself down when your cooking doesn't need much flame/heat anymore or your Maxi gas cooker is suffering from the Next Level regime syndrome (NLRS) where rationing of resources is the only way to survive.

Either way; with the way things are going, one thing is certain. If the hardship in Nigeria does not kill you, that gas cooker will.
This guy don craze finish grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I'm I Safe With My Gas Cooker? by goryorhal(m): 12:09pm On Apr 17, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Lmao grin grin grin grin. Dem suppose shoot u ....

U won kill me for here with laugh ...... make she chose one ... make hardship kukuma kill her abi
Re: I'm I Safe With My Gas Cooker? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Apr 17, 2021
Maybe it has a thermostat. It's possible since you said the gas does not get emmitted when it goes off with the gas still on.

Check the Manual and study it very well to know if it says anything in that regard.

You're safe in Jesus name.
We shall not cast our young.

NwaAmaikpe, take your time o.
Re: I'm I Safe With My Gas Cooker? by SweetVibe: 2:09pm On Apr 17, 2021
mehn… The title of the thread gave me headache. Please, you people should learn to write in proper English

2 Likes

Re: I'm I Safe With My Gas Cooker? by Coldplay007(f): 2:23pm On Apr 17, 2021
I had the same issue, the problem is the quality of thr gas you bought. Change where you buy your gas.
Re: I'm I Safe With My Gas Cooker? by Coldplay007(f): 2:33pm On Apr 17, 2021
Its "Am I safe with my ...."...
People should be able to differentiate between "AM" and "I Am"...
Re: I'm I Safe With My Gas Cooker? by Whois(m): 7:09pm On Apr 17, 2021
Please be careful

Re: I'm I Safe With My Gas Cooker? by Dcgasstores: 6:22am On Aug 11, 2021
There might not be anything wrong with the gas, like someone said you shld av posted the pix so that you can get solid advice from an expert or maybe someone who has used that type b4
Re: I'm I Safe With My Gas Cooker? by Cokahot: 7:51am On Aug 11, 2021
Clean the aluminium burners with soap foam and water. If after every it still shows yellow flame,then it needs replacement. If it shows blue flame,it's okay.
Re: I'm I Safe With My Gas Cooker? by 1stHooligan(m): 10:26am On Aug 11, 2021
Check the pipe

(1) (Reply)

The Selfless Service I Rendered To A Pregnant Lady / Am I About To Lose My Son? / What Are D Pros & Cons Of Marrying An Only Son (1st Child) In A Family Of Five

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.