Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,418 members, 7,830,112 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

OAU Students Express Frustration Over Transcript Application Process - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Students Express Frustration Over Transcript Application Process (18906 Views)

Have You Tried The New OAU Transcript Application Procedure / OAU students trapped following a downpour, today, in Ile Ife, Osun State (Photos / Bed Bugs Invade OAU Students' Mattresses In Hostel (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU Students Express Frustration Over Transcript Application Process by sharone21(f): 6:26pm On Apr 17, 2021
Liposure:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/455680-oau-students-express-frustration-over-transcript-application-process.html

Including LASU. After paying almost N11,000( electronic mail), N25000& above for courier( depending on the country) you can get it 1 year after applying ie if you get it at all.

Naija is not progressing because of the people in it not only government/president.

1 Like

Re: OAU Students Express Frustration Over Transcript Application Process by Incognito403: 6:29pm On Apr 17, 2021
misterjosh:

Did you say few laptops... No single computer in sight. Everything is still done manually. I'm speaking of this 2021 when I went to their office, just before they went for that their strike.
There's one or two laptops in the ETX office. But the transcript office doesn't have any desktop or laptop as you said.
Re: OAU Students Express Frustration Over Transcript Application Process by iamdapsyj(m): 6:32pm On Apr 17, 2021
Yankee101:
It's most naija schools

Very inefficient transcript system

It should be centralized and automated

It should be centralised how!!!??

I thought it's better to decentralise it. Each department should be able to produce their own transcript but will send it to the school senate for vetting and thereafter signed by the registrar. That eliminates a lot of processes. Centralising option that you suggested encourages a lot of redtape.
Re: OAU Students Express Frustration Over Transcript Application Process by snowball11(m): 6:33pm On Apr 17, 2021
When so many junks in the name of schools are littered all over the country with the sole aim of frustrating students.

If not, come to think of it; you paid all your fees towards graduation and yet those junks couldn't at least send an electronic copy of your transcript to you immediately after graduating.

What a country full of shit! undecided

1 Like

Re: OAU Students Express Frustration Over Transcript Application Process by Incandescent(m): 6:35pm On Apr 17, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Please sir stop scaring me o, I was thinking of going to a private university to do masters degree because I can't tolerate one useless lecturer playing with my intelligence or frustrate because I will get a masters at younger age,

If you can afford it please go abroad but if you can't then do your masters here but the difference is definitely clear like day and night.

Nigeria needs deliverance. We have brilliant minds but an epileptic and terrible system

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OAU Students Express Frustration Over Transcript Application Process by snowball11(m): 6:37pm On Apr 17, 2021
iamdapsyj:

I thought it's better to decentralise it. Each department should be able to produce their own transcript but will send it to the school senate for vetting and thereafter signed by the registrar. That eliminates a lot of processes. Centralising option that you suggested encourages a lot of redtape.

And how come the centralized process work in other schools around the world but for Nigerian schools?

Whether you centralized it or decentralized it, so long it's Nigeria, there's bound to be redflag!

May God save this country! undecided
Re: OAU Students Express Frustration Over Transcript Application Process by obc: 6:39pm On Apr 17, 2021
Okay. I really appreciate. Since I am yet to collect my certificate, it is permissible to upload my statement of results as stated on the website.

Again, how long does it take for the transcript to be sent to WES after payment?

[quote author=AgamaProf post=100880524][/quote]
Re: OAU Students Express Frustration Over Transcript Application Process by clockwise(m): 6:55pm On Apr 17, 2021
I was at the Transcript department yesterday (Room 218 Senate building) to request for my transcript after I have applied for it for like 6 months. Those guys seems not concerned or bothered. Mehn Oau need to actually do better in terms of transcript collection.
Re: OAU Students Express Frustration Over Transcript Application Process by Nobody: 7:10pm On Apr 17, 2021
Somatohadidas1:

This is what happens when hatred beclouds your good sense of reasoning. It blocks the brain from working properly.

An obvious mooslim.

You can't be help. Just like your "intelligent mentor", Pantami the terrorist, you will be JOYFUL TO SEE THE SHEDDING OF AN UNBELIEVERS BLOOD.

I spit on you.
Re: OAU Students Express Frustration Over Transcript Application Process by Nobody: 7:14pm On Apr 17, 2021
lukuboi:

The said post is about OAU student, expressing their anger over transcript processing.
Not about pantami.

I just say make I demystify.
E fee be say you no understand.

But do you know that Pantami is a Terrorist?

If not, know it first before you start knowing about OAU transcript.
Re: OAU Students Express Frustration Over Transcript Application Process by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:18pm On Apr 17, 2021
As a graduate of the university one of the things I hate about this school is their transcript process. It took 10 months for mine to be processed. Etx were giving me reasons for the delay and one of such is the elongated ASUU/ NASU strike. I am surprised why any Student have not stormed and shoot down every living thing in that Senate building. If they continue frustrating student with this attitude a time will come where someone will just blow up all those useless buildings they take pride of angry

1 Like

Re: OAU Students Express Frustration Over Transcript Application Process by iamdapsyj(m): 7:39pm On Apr 17, 2021
snowball11:

And how come the centralized process work in other schools around the world but for Nigerian schools?

Whether you centralized it or decentralized it, so long it's Nigeria, there's bound to be redflag!

May God save this country! undecided

Like you said "this is Nigeria".
Re: OAU Students Express Frustration Over Transcript Application Process by Obalola4: 7:47pm On Apr 17, 2021
This is arrant nonsense. I applied for same to be sent to University of Ibadan and it's more than a month now, nothing has been sent. This country sucks!
Re: OAU Students Express Frustration Over Transcript Application Process by Samakus(m): 7:49pm On Apr 17, 2021
THAT'S WHY I TOOK IT UPON MYSELF TO HELP THOSE THAT NEED UNN TRANSCRIPT PROCESS THEIR TRANSCRIPTS AND RECEIVE THEM WITHIN ONE WEEK. YES, YOU HEARD ME!

UNN TRANSCRIPT PROCESSED AND DELIVERED ANYWHERE AROUND THE WORLD WITHIN 1 WEEK!!

SEE MY SIGNATURE
Re: OAU Students Express Frustration Over Transcript Application Process by ChengHun(m): 8:02pm On Apr 17, 2021
Everything in oau is struggle struggle, Even the lyrics of the university anthem is all about struggle. In this era of technology, common transcript, they can't process

I'm proud to be a futa alumnus
Re: OAU Students Express Frustration Over Transcript Application Process by charlesucheh(m): 8:10pm On Apr 17, 2021
Reading all these is like DÉJÀVU to me.

Benue state University I decree and declare is the BABA of TRANSCRIPT FRUSTRATION.

I've lost series of MSC admissions because of the lackadaisical and corrupt manner of processing it in BSU. They will tell you that it's the school's policy not to issue out physical transcripts to students, yet you get to see others with theirs. when you make inquires on how they got them, they'll tell you that it's fast tracking/ soughting!

who does that! After paying to process a bank draft on the school's account, one E-diot will now sit in the schools academic unit and expect I still grease his palms so that MY TRANSCRIPT CAN BE FAST TRACKED.

You see this menace and evil creature of a canker worm called corruption has it host in our academic institutions, yet the school infuses Moral philosophy and discipline in their GST programmes. Until we end it first in our academic environments, we will never stop breeding future GHANA MUST GO CARRIERS.

up to this day, I still can't boast of applying for my transcript in Benue state university, for it to be processed as needed without bribing one illiterate resting their fat buttock on an office chair. the whole thing just dey weak my Bones everyday......
Re: OAU Students Express Frustration Over Transcript Application Process by Yankee101: 8:29pm On Apr 17, 2021
iamdapsyj:

The process you stated is how it is done currently.

All senate approved results should be available centrally in a transcript database
Re: OAU Students Express Frustration Over Transcript Application Process by oracle009(m): 8:31pm On Apr 17, 2021
I got my OAU BSc transcript this month, I ordered via ETX since October, 2019. That's 3 years interval. I was almost sent away from my programme here due to a lack of BSc transcript. However, my UNILAG MSc transcript took approximately 2 weeks to get here.

PS: It was a thug of war, before I finally got the transcript. Prayer mountains in US sef know that a Nigerian dey look for his transcript

1 Like

Re: OAU Students Express Frustration Over Transcript Application Process by toluxe0075: 8:41pm On Apr 17, 2021
No be only OAU o. Na for almost every school for Naija this wahala dey
Re: OAU Students Express Frustration Over Transcript Application Process by spoilerx: 9:06pm On Apr 17, 2021
Uniben took 3 years for mine !!!!
Re: OAU Students Express Frustration Over Transcript Application Process by prospaj: 9:27pm On Apr 17, 2021
Is the same problem in UNIBEN. It takes about 6 months or more to get transcript.
Re: OAU Students Express Frustration Over Transcript Application Process by kingsley38162: 9:45pm On Apr 17, 2021
Everything in oau is struggle struggle, Even the lyrics of the university anthem is all about struggle. In this era of technology, common transcript, they can't processI'm proud to be a futa alumnus
Re: OAU Students Express Frustration Over Transcript Application Process by ModestGal(f): 9:51pm On Apr 17, 2021
Hmmn
Re: OAU Students Express Frustration Over Transcript Application Process by johnjohnson(m): 10:29pm On Apr 17, 2021
I'm currently trying to collect my own in Futo now, after paying over 1 month ago. I went to their office to check on it and I was told their generator set has knocked since January so they haven't been able to do any transcript since then. I just weak like that
Re: OAU Students Express Frustration Over Transcript Application Process by ofiko123(m): 11:13pm On Apr 17, 2021
May God help us all..
Re: OAU Students Express Frustration Over Transcript Application Process by Lahammedah: 11:25pm On Apr 17, 2021
This is so annoying actually. A friend of mine applied since december and.still hasn't been delivered up.till now. They keep.expecting you to.tip people or something after paying.such an amount..If etx can't fasttrack things on their own what then is the need for such horrendous amount of.money per transcript request.
Re: OAU Students Express Frustration Over Transcript Application Process by Notjustloadedng: 12:04am On Apr 18, 2021
To get more entertainment updates... visit https://www.notjustloaded.com.ng
Re: OAU Students Express Frustration Over Transcript Application Process by dontbothermuch: 2:00am On Apr 18, 2021
[quote author=lukuboi post=100879757]

The said post is about OAU student, expressing their anger over transcript processing.
Not about pantami.

I just say make I demystify.
E fee be say you no understand. [/quote

Me sef no understand. Patani is trying to save us from kidnappers & terrorist thru NIN. But these big telecom guys are digging his past.
Re: OAU Students Express Frustration Over Transcript Application Process by dontbothermuch: 2:01am On Apr 18, 2021
shevy878:

Wetin dis one get to do with Pantami shocked
I wonder
Re: OAU Students Express Frustration Over Transcript Application Process by Whitewall: 2:58am On Apr 18, 2021
My brother, na wetin I dey face currently for UNIBEN hand be dis. Since first week of January wey I pay for my transcript, dem still never send am till today, na one story or the other.I don seriously tire for Naija matter.
Matheusmartin:
Uniben students be looking at them like...

1 Like

Re: OAU Students Express Frustration Over Transcript Application Process by vanchizy(m): 7:58am On Apr 18, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Receives 12 Out Of 15 Awards At Her Graduation In South Africa / Jim Ovia Foundation Scholarship Program. / N75,000 Bursary For Education Students: FG To Attach Strict Conditions -TRCN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.