Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,958 members, 7,852,233 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:19 PM

42days After, Who Is Responsible? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 42days After, Who Is Responsible? (870 Views)

#SarakiCCT: Zakari Mohammed Responsible For Blackout During Saraki's CCT Trial / Apc Claims Buhari Is Responsible For The U-17 World Cup Victory / Abuja Blasts: Niger Delta Militants Might Be Responsible – NLC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

42days After, Who Is Responsible? by BigB11(m): 2:58pm On Jul 10, 2007
It is exactly 42days after the inauguration of our new president and also after the governors have lost their mighty immunity privilege; a single governor has not been arrested.

Who is responsible for this total stalemate?
        1. Yar'Adua
           2. OBJ
           3. Ribadu (EFCC)
           4. The system
Re: 42days After, Who Is Responsible? by jesusfreak(f): 3:25pm On Jul 10, 2007
The failed system angry
Re: 42days After, Who Is Responsible? by desgiezd(m): 4:08pm On Jul 10, 2007
It is the system because it lacks solid structures. A system that has good structures will not seek approval from OBJ or Yar Adua before it would do its work.
Re: 42days After, Who Is Responsible? by desgiezd(m): 4:24pm On Jul 10, 2007
It is the system because it lacks solid structures. A system that has good structures will not seek approval from OBJ or Yar Adua before it would do its work.
Re: 42days After, Who Is Responsible? by Beline(f): 4:31pm On Jul 10, 2007
all of the above
Re: 42days After, Who Is Responsible? by initiator(m): 5:19pm On Jul 10, 2007
A system would remain a system if no human will moves it to action. There are multiple theories on why yaradua's been lethargic.

1. He wants to give the country a fresh break from obj's rash past.

2. He wants to catch them (old govs) slowly.

3. A set of legal hurdles put by the past govs like the recent court pronouncement in favour of fayose.

4. Yaradua just lacks the balls to deal with the corrupt lots including IBB.
Re: 42days After, Who Is Responsible? by dayokanu(m): 5:58pm On Jul 10, 2007
Blaming the system is not sound at all. Was yar'Adua ignorant of the system before he bought the form to contest?

Dont give excuse for go slow leaders.

Also when we say OBJ failed they would say he was sabotaged. What an argument as if sabotage is a Nigerian
Re: 42days After, Who Is Responsible? by BigB11(m): 10:39pm On Jul 10, 2007
The responsibility will be distributed accordingly:

55% of the responsibility goes to OBJ
OBJ had opportunity and a perfect weapon to fight corruption effectively and efficiently during his time; but he did not do what is right.
He started the fight very well and with good intention, but later on he totally went off track by allowing personal agenda and vindictiveness to take control of the project.

25% of the responsibility goes to Ribadu
This is an incredible Nigerian, who was determined to fight to the end, but he also went off track by allowing OBJ to turn him into a political weapon. It is a shame and very sad that he did not do what is right by being selective and destroying the image of a well established organization (EFCC).
This man is too intelligent not to know the different between what is right and what is wrong.
In my book, he did the right thing, but did not do what is right.
He should have come out like a man and step down the minute he realized that he was being used as a political weapon.
If Ribadu had done what is right at the right time, corruption in Nigeria would have dropped drastically.

10% of the responsibility goes to the system
We all know that the system is dirty and very corrupt, but at the same time we should all keep in mind that the system is created, controlled and maintained by people. Therefore it is the responsibility of an effective government to correct the system and make things right. 

10% of the responsibility goes to all of us, Nigerians
I think Nigerians in general are not ready for new beginning and new ways of doing things. It seems to me that our mind set is so corrupt only God could help us;  and moreover, most of us get sick whenever a better way of doing things is introduced. I guess, it is what it is, one can never polish a sneaker

Yar'Adua, on the other hand is doing his best by approaching the corrupt dirty system systematically.
There is no need for short cuts, rush rush, magomago, pafpaf. All these unintelligent ways have brought us to where we are today.
The only way to correct things is by first studying and understanding the situation (you have to be intelligent and educated to understand these steps). Apparently most of our leaders do not believe in doing things this way and this is why Nigeria is what it is today.
Furthermore, most of us are not used to this type of leadership, this is also one of the reasons why some of us will cry and bash Yar'Adua from time to time (infact, some people already started to call him "slow motion"wink, which to me is totally absurd.

Perfection should be our best friend in everything we do.
Re: 42days After, Who Is Responsible? by denex: 11:11pm On Jul 10, 2007
85% of responsibility goes to Nigerians jare.
Re: 42days After, Who Is Responsible? by IykeD1(m): 11:23pm On Jul 10, 2007
@BigB1

Perfection should be our best friend in everything we do.

What a perfect math you got going here? What is stopping you from attributing 80%
of the problem to Obasanjo and another 19% to Ribadu while everyone else shares
1%. That way we all can continue our favorite past time of blaming others for all our
ills - you know we Nigerians always feel better after blaming Obasanjo for everything
wrong with the country.

With mathematicians like you, is it any wonder that we are in this deep doo doo ? smiley

The truth is sooner or later, Yar Adua has to prove that he is up to the task or not, he
can't duck under Obasanjo forever.
Re: 42days After, Who Is Responsible? by mazaje(m): 12:03am On Jul 11, 2007
Personally i will blame the system because any systemwith out a trong foundation will definately crumble. the system is just dead and so it absorbs any thing that is injected into it.
Re: 42days After, Who Is Responsible? by denex: 12:17am On Jul 11, 2007
I blame the people that do not make and meaningful contribution towards nation building besides just working for their mouths.

NLC that was misyarning about protecting the workers interest, have they approached an independent auditor to validate Yar'adua's assets?

Have the unions been mandated by their members to review the government's roadmap towards making Nigeria among the top 20 countries in the world by 2020?

The people do nothing, the government does almost nothing, yet the people blame the government.
Re: 42days After, Who Is Responsible? by BigB11(m): 9:03pm On Jul 11, 2007
Incredible; after 43 days, Yar'Adua pulled two down.
More would have been pulled down long time ago, but of course, OBJ and Mr. EFCC made things a lot difficult for this new administration.

Let's wait and see what happens from here.
Re: 42days After, Who Is Responsible? by Mamajama(m): 3:52pm On Jul 15, 2007
[size=15pt]I think 100% goes to IBB and the ex governors for patronizing Yar Adua and lobbying for the replacement of RIbadu[/size]
Re: 42days After, Who Is Responsible? by Colonia(m): 3:59pm On Jul 15, 2007
Mamajama:

[size=15pt]I think 100% goes to IBB and the ex governors for patronizing Yar Adua and lobbying for the replacement of RIbadu[/size]

I disagree with you men! there is more to the state of things in Nigeria. That is our problem, we need to stop pointing fingers and stop fooling ourselves.
Re: 42days After, Who Is Responsible? by Mamajama(m): 4:06pm On Jul 15, 2007
If you recalled the mess was already there before Yar Adua got there. so it will be unfair to crucify him for the mistakes the legislation and the judicial process in Nigeria. OBJ and the senate has a huge portion of the blame by been impartial in some cases. The EFCC need to be autonomous and an independent department. The should not be compelled to carry out their duties.
Re: 42days After, Who Is Responsible? by BigB11(m): 4:21pm On Jul 15, 2007
Posted by MAMAJAMA
If you recalled the mess was already there before Yar Adua got there. so it will be unfair to crucify him for the mistakes the legislation and the judicial process in Nigeria. OBJ and the senate has a huge portion of the blame by been impartial in some cases. The EFCC need to be autonomous and an independent department. The should not be compelled to carry out their duties.

OK, Mamajama is drinking again. You lost track as usual, what the hell are you talking about? who is blaming Yar'Adua?

@Colonial: Please, waste no time coaching MAMAJAMA, it is obvious that he hasn't taken his medication for the day.
Re: 42days After, Who Is Responsible? by denex: 11:02am On Jul 16, 2007
I am responsible. I the common man who sits down and watches as things go bad, I'm responsible.

I, the ordinary citizen who refuses to read the constitution in order to know when someone in government is doing right or wrong and refuses to learn how to correct a defaulting public officer. I am responsible.
Re: 42days After, Who Is Responsible? by angel101(f): 11:05am On Jul 16, 2007
The people are to blame cos we dont know what we want much less demand it!
Re: 42days After, Who Is Responsible? by Mamajama(m): 3:05pm On Jul 17, 2007
BIGB1 go back to the topic, when you stated who was to blame, was Yar Adua name not on the list?  why is IBB name not on that list, and again what can I expect from a boy that paid for exam and has no clue on what it's like to hold a 9 to 5 job.  IBB should be held accountable for liberating and showing us how to loot.
Re: 42days After, Who Is Responsible? by Mamajama(m): 3:08pm On Jul 17, 2007
If I am drunk then you must be insane cause I caught your attention. Dongon yaro juice is not the same as BURUKUTU, PEACE Dan ISKA

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria: Chief Of Chiefs. Are Africans Going Crazy For A Title ? / Gunmen Kidnap Brother Of Joseph Yobo / 2 Ex-governors, University Lecturer, Islamic Cleric On Us Terrorist List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.