Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,445 members, 7,816,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

Fayose: Tinubu Mounted Pressure On Me To Join APC But I Refused - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose: Tinubu Mounted Pressure On Me To Join APC But I Refused (17713 Views)

Video Of People Paid To Attend A Rally Was Not APC But A LP Bus (Picture) / Isaac Fayose: Tinubu Has The Structure, Peter Obi Needs ₦50 Billion To Win / It May Be Your Turn In APC But Not For Nigerians - Aliyu Scolds Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayose: Tinubu Mounted Pressure On Me To Join APC But I Refused by bolaayenimo: 12:42pm On Apr 18, 2021
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Former governor of Ekiti state, Ayodele Fayose has revealed that Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, former governor of Lagos state did everything he could to make him dump the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for the All Progressives Congress (APC) but he refused to do so.

Speaking in an exclusive interview with DAILY INDEPENDENT, Fayose who said President Muhammadu Buhari has destroyed the APC, said he also shared the views of Rivers state governor, Nyesom Wike who likened the ruling party to a cancer.

According to him, as a member of PDP, he supported the governorship ambition of Governor Kayode Fayemi in the Ekiti governorship election of 2009 and even campaigned for him because he wanted the PDP candidate, former governor Segun Oni who made life a living hell for him to be kicked out of office.
Based on his open support for Fayemi, he said Asiwaju Bola Tinubu did everything to make him join the APC but he rejected the offer, saying he will quit politics the day he leaves PDP.

He said “ I want to quote Governor Wike. He said somebody has malaria, you want to dash him cancer. That is the same way I will represent it. APC is a cancer to the nation, even to the people that brought the party to power”.

“I listened to Pastor Tunde Bakare on television few days ago. Those things coming from Pastor Bakare does not represent the man supporting Buhari since 2011. The same applies to many of them, even in Northern Nigeria. When the head is sick, the whole body is in trouble. President Buhari has destroyed that party”.

“Let me say it very clearly. I am not in APC, I will never be in APC and even if I get angry inside this PDP, we will fight it together and I will still remain in this party. What will make me leave this PDP, that means I have retired from politics”.

“In 2009, I supported Governor (Kayode) Fayemi openly. Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu did everything, asking me to come to APC but I said no. Who will be my leader in Ekiti APC if I join? Is it this Fayemi that we are talking about? Or will it be former governor, Niyi Adebayo? Yes, Adebayo was governor before me. He was governor in 1999 and I became governor in 2003 but the truth is, it is good for them to be on their lane and I also will be on my lane”.

“Former governor Segun Oni gave me horror when he was in office as governor and to show him that the world is not about him, I supported Fayemi then in the governorship election”.

“Let me say to you, I am a clear character. What benefit will I derive by joining APC? Most of the governors today preserve themselves by clinging with Buhari before 2019. I never did that. in Nigeria today, I am one of the people that APC will not forget in their life”.

“ I stood my ground against APC not because I hate anybody but because what I was saying about them has played out overtime. I am not somebody who will say what he is not convinced about”.
https://www.independent.ng/tinubu-mounted-pressure-on-me-to-join-apc-but-i-refused-fayose/

17 Likes

Re: Fayose: Tinubu Mounted Pressure On Me To Join APC But I Refused by nairavsdollars(f): 12:45pm On Apr 18, 2021
Wise up and join now, you may become Chief of Staff to the President in 2023

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose: Tinubu Mounted Pressure On Me To Join APC But I Refused by Jerryherd: 12:59pm On Apr 18, 2021
cool

Tinubu knows how to scout for the best of the best in Politics

If he had landed Fayose to ACN faction of APC... PDP would have been shattered

This one Fayose is telling us again, is he reconsidering the offer

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose: Tinubu Mounted Pressure On Me To Join APC But I Refused by helinues: 1:00pm On Apr 18, 2021
grin grin

Fayose is only playing to the gallery

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose: Tinubu Mounted Pressure On Me To Join APC But I Refused by duro4chang(m): 1:01pm On Apr 18, 2021
APC was formed around 2014 . There was no APC as at the time Fayose was supporting Fayemi. He could not join APC then because there was no APC at that time.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose: Tinubu Mounted Pressure On Me To Join APC But I Refused by nairavsdollars(f): 1:04pm On Apr 18, 2021
is it not ACN that transformed to APC abi what are u saying
duro4chang:
APC was formed around 2014 . There was no APC as at the time Fayose was supporting Fayemi. He could not join APC then because there was no APC at that time.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose: Tinubu Mounted Pressure On Me To Join APC But I Refused by Jerryherd: 1:04pm On Apr 18, 2021
duro4chang:

ACN is part of the APC merger

5 Likes

Re: Fayose: Tinubu Mounted Pressure On Me To Join APC But I Refused by nairavsdollars(f): 1:06pm On Apr 18, 2021
let him be educating us as if we are morons
Jerryherd:

7 Likes

Re: Fayose: Tinubu Mounted Pressure On Me To Join APC But I Refused by duro4chang(m): 1:06pm On Apr 18, 2021
Jerryherd:

ACN is part of APC but ACN is not APC.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fayose: Tinubu Mounted Pressure On Me To Join APC But I Refused by slawormiir: 1:07pm On Apr 18, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr

Tinubu is wasting his gadamnnn time

Apc is an acronym for amalgamation of political criminals

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose: Tinubu Mounted Pressure On Me To Join APC But I Refused by Simplyleo: 1:08pm On Apr 18, 2021
And the game continues.

The master strategist behind the scene doing his homework while ipob pigs are on social media grunting.

FFK has taken the lead, las las, Fayose go calm down to bring power home. cheesy

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose: Tinubu Mounted Pressure On Me To Join APC But I Refused by EnEnPeecee: 1:08pm On Apr 18, 2021
party of thieves and vultures . THEY ARE LOOKING FOR MEMBERS tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Fayose: Tinubu Mounted Pressure On Me To Join APC But I Refused by KingLennon(m): 1:08pm On Apr 18, 2021
Whether u follow broom or follow umbrella, you're all criminals

But if it's APC, they are worse than cancer!

4 Likes

Re: Fayose: Tinubu Mounted Pressure On Me To Join APC But I Refused by tamdun: 1:09pm On Apr 18, 2021
duro4chang:

2 Likes

Re: Fayose: Tinubu Mounted Pressure On Me To Join APC But I Refused by dirivov729: 1:09pm On Apr 18, 2021
Follow
Re: Fayose: Tinubu Mounted Pressure On Me To Join APC But I Refused by gambia(m): 1:10pm On Apr 18, 2021
Keep deceiving your gullible followers. Believe Nigeria politicians at your own peril.

1 Like

Re: Fayose: Tinubu Mounted Pressure On Me To Join APC But I Refused by GeneralPula: 1:10pm On Apr 18, 2021
Or the other way round..

Yeye

1 Like

Re: Fayose: Tinubu Mounted Pressure On Me To Join APC But I Refused by Nobody: 1:10pm On Apr 18, 2021
Episode 545 stories that never happened
Re: Fayose: Tinubu Mounted Pressure On Me To Join APC But I Refused by Wickedfacts: 1:10pm On Apr 18, 2021
duro4chang:

You argue like those professors of politics in bus stop newspaper stands.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose: Tinubu Mounted Pressure On Me To Join APC But I Refused by bestman09(m): 1:11pm On Apr 18, 2021
cheesy
Re: Fayose: Tinubu Mounted Pressure On Me To Join APC But I Refused by AfonjaMuslim: 1:11pm On Apr 18, 2021
Yoruba
Re: Fayose: Tinubu Mounted Pressure On Me To Join APC But I Refused by Wickedfacts: 1:11pm On Apr 18, 2021
Lagbaja88:
Episode 545 stories that never happened

Fayose was once in ACN. Hope you're aware
Re: Fayose: Tinubu Mounted Pressure On Me To Join APC But I Refused by Wickedfacts: 1:12pm On Apr 18, 2021
AfonjaMuslim:
Yoruba

Okoro

4 Likes

Re: Fayose: Tinubu Mounted Pressure On Me To Join APC But I Refused by incogni2o: 1:14pm On Apr 18, 2021
Is that wrong in any way?
Re: Fayose: Tinubu Mounted Pressure On Me To Join APC But I Refused by duro4chang(m): 1:15pm On Apr 18, 2021
Wickedfacts:

You argue like those professors of politics in bus stop newspaper stands.
Well, you are entitled to your opinion. My take is that APC is not ACN. We have people all over the world reading our post.They might be confused if we don't make clarification.

2 Likes

Re: Fayose: Tinubu Mounted Pressure On Me To Join APC But I Refused by Maxymilliano(m): 1:16pm On Apr 18, 2021
shocked
Tinubu is aware that your sins will be forgiven once you decamp to the evil party

Re: Fayose: Tinubu Mounted Pressure On Me To Join APC But I Refused by ipobarethieves: 1:16pm On Apr 18, 2021
shocked
Re: Fayose: Tinubu Mounted Pressure On Me To Join APC But I Refused by Day169: 1:20pm On Apr 18, 2021
Your tirade is of little effect, be you a "cowboy or indian"!
Re: Fayose: Tinubu Mounted Pressure On Me To Join APC But I Refused by Freestainworld(m): 1:21pm On Apr 18, 2021
Buhari is a pure cancer, even his followers in Nairaland are all infected with the disease, they will support him in the open but cry in secret.

1 Like

Re: Fayose: Tinubu Mounted Pressure On Me To Join APC But I Refused by 4tomandchi: 1:24pm On Apr 18, 2021
Fayose watin make we do nah?

1 Like

Re: Fayose: Tinubu Mounted Pressure On Me To Join APC But I Refused by Nobody: 1:24pm On Apr 18, 2021
angry
Re: Fayose: Tinubu Mounted Pressure On Me To Join APC But I Refused by seunmsg(m): 1:25pm On Apr 18, 2021
I pity Segun Oni. He will never smell PDP’s ticket.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Twitter Ban: Nigerians Lose N150.46bn In Two Months - NetBlocks / Ganduje Launches Rice Harvest Programme In Kano (Photos) / Gunmen Kill 3-Month-Old Baby, 12 Others In Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.