Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,263 members, 7,836,195 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Nasarawa Groom Crushed To Death On His Wedding Day - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nasarawa Groom Crushed To Death On His Wedding Day (22886 Views)

Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport / 60 Corpers Cheat Death On POP Day In Warri, Many Injured As Bus Explodes (Video) / Ghana Groom Crushed To Death In Car Crash While Going To His Wedding Reception (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nasarawa Groom Crushed To Death On His Wedding Day by ijustdey: 7:01pm On Apr 18, 2021
Tragedy befell Ikyangedu community in Keana Local Government Area of Nasarawa State when John Abugu, a would-be groom, was crushed to death a few hours to his wedding.

According to The Nation, a Toyota Hilux van ran into the deceased two hours to his wedding.

Abugu reportedly met his tragic end while on his way to pick up his wedding suit at the shop of a nearby drycleaner.

The van crushed him and he was rushed to the hospital where he died in the course of treatment.

Mr Julius Abugu, a friend of the deceased, who was with him on the bike at the time the accident occurred, recalled that he and the late groom had gone to pick his wedding suit at the dry cleaner at about 8.30 am on the fateful day as the wedding was scheduled for 10 am.

According to Julius, while they were trying to cross the road, Abugu did not look properly before entering the road and was knocked down by a Toyota Hilux van.

He said the injuries Abugu sustained were on his forehead but he appeared to have mostly internal ones.

He attributed Abugu’s inability to sight the Hilux van to the dizziness that might have resulted from the pressure of running around to see that things were in order for the wedding.

Things were said to have taken a turn for the worse when Abugu started vomiting uncontrollably at the hospital.

Julius said: “I can’t really explain how the whole event turned out that way. John (Abugu) was full of life and we were together going up and down to see that the arrangement was in order.

‘He really looked forward to the wedding’

“He was so happy that he was going to get married the next day. He was busy the previous day receiving his friends who were coming from long distances.

“We went to see the drycleaner the previous day, but because there was no light, he could not iron the suit. But he assured that once there was light in the night, he would do it for us to pick it up early in the morning the next day, and that was what we did.

“When he wanted to go to the dry cleaner, I insisted that I would ride the motorcycle but he said I shouldn’t worry, that he would ride. He was actually telling me about one of his friends whom he was expecting that morning to use his car to convey them to the church for the wedding and after the wedding.

“Due to the excitement in him, he didn’t look at both sides of the road before entering the highway where the Hilux hit the two of us. We both sustained injuries but he was more affected, and we were rushed to the hospital immediately.

“Even at the hospital, we were being treated together. But a few minutes later, his situation worsened as he was bleeding from his ears, eyes and nose, and he suddenly died.”

Julius described his late friend as a committed young man who was very accommodating.

Speaking to our correspondent, the father of the bride, Mr Patrick Hudu, said: “We do not want this. We did not pray for this. It is not our desire. It is not our expectations.

“I was with my son-in-law yesterday (penultimate Friday) and he was full of life. If anyone had told me the wedding would not hold, I would not believe it. But God has done it.

“We are human, we are flesh, so we are not going to see it the way you see it, Lord. We are going to see it the way you see it Lord, we are going to be pained and we are actually pained, but God knows better.”

https://dailytrust.com/how-nasarawa-groom-was-crushed-to-death-on-wedding-day

1 Share

Re: Nasarawa Groom Crushed To Death On His Wedding Day by Omihanifa: 7:11pm On Apr 18, 2021
This is really sad

16 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Groom Crushed To Death On His Wedding Day by slivertongue: 7:15pm On Apr 18, 2021
this life is a mystery

2 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Groom Crushed To Death On His Wedding Day by habsydiamond(m): 7:33pm On Apr 18, 2021
This world is full of mysteries.... God I pray, when the world about to celebrate me or celebrate with me, don't let me die untimely... Amen

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nasarawa Groom Crushed To Death On His Wedding Day by Mayng01(m): 7:33pm On Apr 18, 2021
To to the deceased
Re: Nasarawa Groom Crushed To Death On His Wedding Day by ogtavia(m): 7:40pm On Apr 18, 2021
He could simply have asked the dry cleaner to bring the suit to him. But as my boss would say, the death that has been ordained to kill a man will come for him if even if he is safely ensconced in the comfort of his bed.

7 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Groom Crushed To Death On His Wedding Day by doggedfighter(f): 7:57pm On Apr 18, 2021
Oh no cry cry
Re: Nasarawa Groom Crushed To Death On His Wedding Day by Solicit: 8:41pm On Apr 18, 2021
Ok
Re: Nasarawa Groom Crushed To Death On His Wedding Day by NnadyAutos: 8:07am On Apr 19, 2021
Evil programme.

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa Groom Crushed To Death On His Wedding Day by Charmingrascal(m): 9:39am On Apr 19, 2021
We can't question God but stories like this make me want to ask questions.

This is really sad

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa Groom Crushed To Death On His Wedding Day by Nobody: 10:03am On Apr 19, 2021
Such is life ..and death .
RIP Young man.
Re: Nasarawa Groom Crushed To Death On His Wedding Day by slawormiir: 10:29am On Apr 19, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Too bad....
Rest in peace.....
We were born to die .....and death is only the beginning.....for every day we wake we are faced with more than a hundred ways to die
The only prayers we niggarrrrs should pray is for us to bang enough pussy, smoke enough weed, drink enough bottles, make some dope money before we die

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nasarawa Groom Crushed To Death On His Wedding Day by otunbadan(m): 10:29am On Apr 19, 2021
sad sad sad
Re: Nasarawa Groom Crushed To Death On His Wedding Day by BF69BF: 10:30am On Apr 19, 2021
Nawa o. This life self.
Re: Nasarawa Groom Crushed To Death On His Wedding Day by Revere27: 10:30am On Apr 19, 2021
Haaa.... This is terrible oo

The day of joy turn to the day of mourning

This is a sad day for both families embarassed
Re: Nasarawa Groom Crushed To Death On His Wedding Day by PussyKing(m): 10:30am On Apr 19, 2021
Buhari
Re: Nasarawa Groom Crushed To Death On His Wedding Day by blinking001(m): 10:30am On Apr 19, 2021
This is so sad. RIP to the dead.
Re: Nasarawa Groom Crushed To Death On His Wedding Day by CalabarPikin: 10:30am On Apr 19, 2021
Such a tragedy

RIP to him

To those shouting village people/devil, stop giving glory to those things, they don't deserve it

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa Groom Crushed To Death On His Wedding Day by DropsMic(m): 10:31am On Apr 19, 2021
Na wa o
Re: Nasarawa Groom Crushed To Death On His Wedding Day by ZKOSOSO(m): 10:31am On Apr 19, 2021
This is Spiritual.
Only the Spiritually Discerning Ones can relate what actually happened.....!

God save us from dem Karachikkas.....!!

Rest in Peace ....! Enemies have won this round....!!

2 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Groom Crushed To Death On His Wedding Day by Nobody: 10:31am On Apr 19, 2021
Always North

R I P John
Re: Nasarawa Groom Crushed To Death On His Wedding Day by Nobody: 10:31am On Apr 19, 2021
PussyKing:
Buhari

U must be stupid and crazy for saying its Buhari
Re: Nasarawa Groom Crushed To Death On His Wedding Day by Nobody: 10:32am On Apr 19, 2021
ijustdey:

https://dailytrust.com/how-nasarawa-groom-was-crushed-to-death-on-wedding-day
family idol don use drone locate this one. Prayer is key
Re: Nasarawa Groom Crushed To Death On His Wedding Day by Stomoney(m): 10:32am On Apr 19, 2021
So sad undecided. May this never be our portion
Re: Nasarawa Groom Crushed To Death On His Wedding Day by Splendor4(m): 10:32am On Apr 19, 2021
too bad...RIP
Re: Nasarawa Groom Crushed To Death On His Wedding Day by maxjax(m): 10:33am On Apr 19, 2021
Oh LoRd of mercy.....
Re: Nasarawa Groom Crushed To Death On His Wedding Day by wallay77(m): 10:33am On Apr 19, 2021
No light
Re: Nasarawa Groom Crushed To Death On His Wedding Day by Nobody: 10:36am On Apr 19, 2021
This is very Sad. Very Unfortunate. God rest his soul. For the records.. Nairaland has been the most entertaining Forum for me ove the years sha. a day will not pass that i will not come here to read news and laugh . Seun na man U be.

2 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Groom Crushed To Death On His Wedding Day by oluwaseunamos33(m): 10:37am On Apr 19, 2021
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm God have mercy. RIP
Re: Nasarawa Groom Crushed To Death On His Wedding Day by Afonjashapmouth: 10:38am On Apr 19, 2021
THis people and lie lie story ........ Na shank comic for twitter una use lie say couple die? chaiiii

https://twitter.com/Obacruze/status/1383698188217970689?s=20

(1) (2) (Reply)

Car Dives Into A Building Window After Ghastly Accident In Lagos. Photos/video / The Saudi Arabians Treat Us Like Animals - Black African Maids Cry Out For Help / Nigerians Living Illegally In China Are Now Going Through Hell!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.