Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Money Transferred From A Bank Account By An Unknown Person. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Money Transferred From A Bank Account By An Unknown Person. (1120 Views)

Hushpuppi Transferred To California For Trial / Anambra Man Vomits Blood, Dies After He Was Poisoned By Unknown Person (Graphic) / Pastor Killed In Abeokuta, Ogun State By Unknown Person (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Money Transferred From A Bank Account By An Unknown Person. by donogaga(m): 11:27pm On Apr 19, 2021
There's a case of financial fraud I am currently trying to unravel.

A friend of mine went to a Paga shop to withdraw some money via his ATM Card, after the successful withdrawal, as expected, he got an sms alert which showed the rightful amount debited as well as his account balance. On seeing his account balance, he was shocked. Reason being that, what he was expecting to see as his Account balance wasn't what he got via the transaction sms.

So he called me to report the matter at once. I asked him to calm down.

Consequently, I asked him to visit his bank the following day in order to immidiately report the matter and then get his bank account statement as it will show the date and timing as well when the amount got debited.

On getting the bank account statement, it was discovered that the money was transferred from his account via his mobile phone USSD transfer code to another bank. The details of the Bank account the money was transferred to was stated in the Bank statement as expected. And again, the Bank official confirmed that it was actually a mobile phone USSD transfer.

Please I need professional advice on how to go about this to ensure the perpetrator is caught.

NB: The name of the account, Account number and bank name where the money was moved to was rightly stated on the Bank Statement.

Is there any chance of the money being recovered?

Thanks in anticipation of your prompt advise, suggestion, comments and or suggestions.
Re: Money Transferred From A Bank Account By An Unknown Person. by Jololii: 11:38pm On Apr 19, 2021
donogaga:
There's a case of financial fraud I am currently trying to unravel.

A friend of mine went to a Paga shop to withdraw some money via his ATM Card, after the successful withdrawal, as expected, he got an sms alert which showed the rightful amount debited as well as his account balance. On seeing his account balance, he was shocked. Reason being that, what he was expecting to see as his Account balance wasn't what he got via the transaction sms.

So he called me to report the matter at once. I asked him to calm down.

Consequently, I asked him to visit his bank the following day in order to immidiately report the matter and then get his bank account statement as it will show the date and timing as well when the amount got debited.

On getting the bank account statement, it was discovered that the money was transferred from his account via his mobile phone USSD transfer code to another bank. The details of the Bank account the money was transferred to was stated in the Bank statement as expected. And again, the Bank official confirmed that it was actually a mobile phone USSD transfer.

Please I need professional advice on how to go about this to ensure the perpetrator is caught.

NB: The name of the account, Account number and bank name where the money was moved to was rightly stated on the Bank Statement.

Is there any chance of the money being recovered?

Thanks in anticipation of your prompt advise, suggestion, comments and or suggestions.
Always A FRIEND. Can't you people refer these your friends to Nairaland so we can hear from the horses mouth?. Or don't you want seun's business to grow?. Bring your friend here and let's hear directly from him before we give any advice or suggestion.

2 Likes

Re: Money Transferred From A Bank Account By An Unknown Person. by donogaga(m): 11:51pm On Apr 19, 2021
Jololii:

Always A FRIEND. Can't you people refer these your friends to Nairaland so we can hear from the horses mouth?. Or don't you want seun's business to grow?. Bring your friend here and let's hear directly from him before we give any advice or suggestion.

With all due respect Sir, I wasn't the victim.

There's nothing to lie about.

I just need professional advice and positive suggestions on how to go about it.

The bank account statement is in my possession.
Re: Money Transferred From A Bank Account By An Unknown Person. by CareerBegger: 12:26am On Apr 20, 2021
Post the person's full name, account number and tag it with scam, scammer, fraudster... By the time his kids grow up, their fathers name will be on the Internet as what he is

1 Like

Re: Money Transferred From A Bank Account By An Unknown Person. by johnkey: 9:11am On Apr 20, 2021
Some people no just get common sense. Person go post jeje, una go dey attack am say no be hin friend or relative the thing dey happen to. Abeg how that one take be the issue? Dumb people forming woke
Re: Money Transferred From A Bank Account By An Unknown Person. by rookidmart: 11:12am On Apr 20, 2021
OP, That's what the police is for.
Report to them, and they should follow up.
(This is Nigeria, so who knows if you'll be able to get resolution)

But on the other hand, USSD transfers require a PIN, so how did the perpetrator know your friend's PIN or even get access to your friend's phone in the first place to make the transfer?
Re: Money Transferred From A Bank Account By An Unknown Person. by Reggaemich(m): 3:27pm On Apr 20, 2021
I don't know why post like this don't make front page.

If it is topics like ,how I banged my girlfriend or sex with married women is sweet,

It will be on front page!!!

Who do us like this
Re: Money Transferred From A Bank Account By An Unknown Person. by Ikea81: 9:09pm On Apr 20, 2021
Before you digging, go ask the wife first.
Re: Money Transferred From A Bank Account By An Unknown Person. by dadamonie150: 10:30pm On Apr 20, 2021
johnkey:
Some people no just get common sense. Person go post jeje, una go dey attack am say no be hin friend or relative the thing dey happen to. Abeg how that one take be the issue? Dumb people forming woke

Re: Money Transferred From A Bank Account By An Unknown Person. by Jololii: 11:30pm On Apr 20, 2021
johnkey:
You wey get sense wetin you contribute for the matter on ground?

(1) (Reply)

“I Told My Parents I Was Going For An Ushering Job” - Chidinma Ojukwu (Video) / I Want To Sue Sokoloan / Popular Money RITUALIST The Baba Behind Yahoo Plus & Money Ritual Died Few Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.