Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,452 members, 7,836,796 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

Idris Deby Is Dead, Killed As A Result Of Injuries Suffered On The Frontline - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Idris Deby Is Dead, Killed As A Result Of Injuries Suffered On The Frontline (61354 Views)

Two Ukrainian Soldiers Get Married On The Frontline (Pictures) / Idris Deby: Why A Leader Should Not Be At The Front Line / How President Idris Deby Turned Up To Lead offensive Against Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Idris Deby Is Dead, Killed As A Result Of Injuries Suffered On The Frontline by odaniel1(m): 12:21pm On Apr 20, 2021
twin7:
Leading from the frontline, BALLS of steel.....interesting....but the sixth term in office tho....since 1990!!!
Well, he was obviously capable. or what would explain him being on the frontline fighting for his country? Real hero, real leader!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Idris Deby Is Dead, Killed As A Result Of Injuries Suffered On The Frontline by Feggie3: 12:21pm On Apr 20, 2021
Na so una want make Buhari come loose him life? Bubu get better sense naah!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Idris Deby Is Dead, Killed As A Result Of Injuries Suffered On The Frontline by AkupeMBANO(m): 12:21pm On Apr 20, 2021
A legend never dies. RIP deby!

6 Likes

Re: Idris Deby Is Dead, Killed As A Result Of Injuries Suffered On The Frontline by Charly68: 12:21pm On Apr 20, 2021
But why going to war front at his age ? Some actions are foolish by official standard ...he was brave but his bravery was misguided ..He has assigned men to protect the territorial integrity if his nation,so why did he take such a suicidal step at his age...how smart could he move in the jungle at his age ..? This is a big lesson to all that only God is our assured security ..Deby tried but he has left his country in peace ..

5 Likes

Re: Idris Deby Is Dead, Killed As A Result Of Injuries Suffered On The Frontline by Ifesinachi22(m): 12:21pm On Apr 20, 2021
Buhari
Re: Idris Deby Is Dead, Killed As A Result Of Injuries Suffered On The Frontline by Youngminister(m): 12:21pm On Apr 20, 2021
A true hero. R. I. P

1 Like

Re: Idris Deby Is Dead, Killed As A Result Of Injuries Suffered On The Frontline by PataAlhajaKeji(m): 12:21pm On Apr 20, 2021
Righteousness2:
Condolences...
A Man that led from the Front of the Battle against Bokoharam..

No matter how Powerful, connected, loaded and Healthy you think you are, Ensure you are constantly Prepared for your Eternity because Death has no Respect to who you are or what you are.
No matter the age you are, your pocket or position, if you Drop dead without JESUS, it is a Waste.

So your forefathers that died, long before the white men brought Christianity to Nigeria, lived wasted lives.

The day wey I go catch you ... the beating wey you go chop ehn.

1 Like

Re: Idris Deby Is Dead, Killed As A Result Of Injuries Suffered On The Frontline by 360degreess(m): 12:21pm On Apr 20, 2021
Righteousness2:
Condolences...

No matter how Powerful, connected, loaded and Healthy you think you are, Ensure you are constantly Prepared for your Eternity because Death has no Respect to who you are or what you are.
No matter the age you are, your pocket or position, if you Drop dead without JESUS, it is a Waste.
. Rubbish as usual.You will be shocked to see after death that you have been deceived all through your life on Earth

3 Likes

Re: Idris Deby Is Dead, Killed As A Result Of Injuries Suffered On The Frontline by tempest01(m): 12:23pm On Apr 20, 2021
This sounds like a strategized coup

5 Likes

Re: Idris Deby Is Dead, Killed As A Result Of Injuries Suffered On The Frontline by aadoiza: 12:23pm On Apr 20, 2021
A real life superhero.

2 Likes

Re: Idris Deby Is Dead, Killed As A Result Of Injuries Suffered On The Frontline by iwaeda: 12:23pm On Apr 20, 2021
fergie001:
#BREAKING: Chad's President Deby has died weeks after winning a sixth term in office with 80% of the vote. He has been in Office since 1990 and won re-election for a sixth term on April 11, 2021.

PREVIOUS THREAD:
US Orders Embassy Staff To Leave Chad As Rebels Near Capital

The President of the Republic, Head of State, Supreme Chief of armies, Idris Deby Itno, has breathed his last while defending the territorial integrity of the Country on the battlefield. It is with deep bitterness that we announce to the Chadian people the death this Tuesday, April 20, 2021

SOURCE

No be him just win election?

1 Like

Re: Idris Deby Is Dead, Killed As A Result Of Injuries Suffered On The Frontline by Scamperlee(m): 12:24pm On Apr 20, 2021
So sad

4 years Facebook account for sale
check my signature for chat up
Re: Idris Deby Is Dead, Killed As A Result Of Injuries Suffered On The Frontline by lexy2014: 12:24pm On Apr 20, 2021
Franckelv230:
God why not Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Idris Deby Is Dead, Killed As A Result Of Injuries Suffered On The Frontline by Queenlovely(f): 12:26pm On Apr 20, 2021
Zane2point4:

grin nonsense talk as usual....

Pls my people how does this relate to the topic

You sure say u deh read b4 u comment abi na back of your phone u deh read?

Mumu, I am not looking at the dead man, I am looking at the consequences for Nigeria, wetin concern me with the man, I am trying to explain to people who are happy that he is dead.

complaining that he has ruled 40 years should not be our concern, so long as he is valuable, because Muslim countries need a strong hand leader or they will disintegrate

5 Likes

Re: Idris Deby Is Dead, Killed As A Result Of Injuries Suffered On The Frontline by EMMY76: 12:26pm On Apr 20, 2021
This is really becoming very scary I hope the prophesy I read here on nairaland some days ago about terrorists taking over Chad and expanding their territory to the north and southern nigeria won't be coming to pass?

4 Likes

Re: Idris Deby Is Dead, Killed As A Result Of Injuries Suffered On The Frontline by Nobody: 12:26pm On Apr 20, 2021
NoSentiment:
France has used and dumped him in the grave.

The moment America asked its citizens to leave Chad, I knew sth was cooking for Idris Deby and that thing was no going to be palatable for him.

Again a christian country (France) has killed another Muslim president after Ghaddafi and Saddam and plunged another Muslim country into chaos that they'll later blame on islam or muslims. Only those with a head for critical and independent thinking can see this fact!

Before u quote me, make sure you possess ur parents DNA certificate confirming you were legitimately born of married couples, I am fed up dealing with bas+ards who have no manners and mannerisms here!

of course

I told my friend the same
Re: Idris Deby Is Dead, Killed As A Result Of Injuries Suffered On The Frontline by lexy2014: 12:26pm On Apr 20, 2021
Franckelv230:
Our dead man go still react

He will react in shock. Na him condolence letter go long pass everybody own
Re: Idris Deby Is Dead, Killed As A Result Of Injuries Suffered On The Frontline by fergie001: 12:27pm On Apr 20, 2021
iwaeda:

No be him just win election?

Na him o
Re: Idris Deby Is Dead, Killed As A Result Of Injuries Suffered On The Frontline by udemzyudex(m): 12:27pm On Apr 20, 2021
No be only front line grin
Re: Idris Deby Is Dead, Killed As A Result Of Injuries Suffered On The Frontline by APOSTLECHUMA: 12:27pm On Apr 20, 2021
Thats the definition of a real leader, not the coward seated in Aso rock.

3 Likes

Re: Idris Deby Is Dead, Killed As A Result Of Injuries Suffered On The Frontline by Tloc(m): 12:28pm On Apr 20, 2021
Queenlovely:
Boko Haram will be dancing azonto with this news.

Don't ever complain that Muslim leaders are iron fisted. Muslims need iron fist, if not they can't be reined,

It took the iron fist of abacha to stop mantasene.
Libya crumbled when they lost a strong man.

Democracy is not for Muslims, even Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Syrian, Iran, Kuwait, Egypt, Oman, Bahrain,

Just look at how Ethiopia is shaking because they want to practice democracy. They need iron hand.

If Chad falls, Nigeria is finished. The CIA pays Chad good money for the stability of the region

Where did you learn all these young lady.
Re: Idris Deby Is Dead, Killed As A Result Of Injuries Suffered On The Frontline by OnlyDeCapPlease(m): 12:29pm On Apr 20, 2021
Sheuns:
Omo. Never knew this guy kept on leading his army on the frontline. Chai. Our own generals here na to Dey brag how dem go take capture shekau dem sabi.

Our Generals here are glorified CEOs and Executive directors. Na businessmen dem be grin

Common to defeat Boko Haram dem no fit. If na one serious oil bunkery or arms deal, you go see how dem go dey strategize the movement with military dispatch and alacrity grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Idris Deby Is Dead, Killed As A Result Of Injuries Suffered On The Frontline by kellybently(m): 12:29pm On Apr 20, 2021
ozark:
Rip, waiting on when our leaders will be on the frontier as well

So make them killer am
Re: Idris Deby Is Dead, Killed As A Result Of Injuries Suffered On The Frontline by zabuur: 12:29pm On Apr 20, 2021
Righteousness2:
Condolences...

So the whole of China, India, Palestine ever since they've been existing would all die as waste.

Well, freedom of religion and speech.

But the rate at which Christians condemn people of other religions is really overwhelming. This is more or less hate speech and great condemnation.

I doubt if any other religion comes on Air/ media to claim they are the only way to heaven.

2 Likes

Re: Idris Deby Is Dead, Killed As A Result Of Injuries Suffered On The Frontline by newdawnlive: 12:30pm On Apr 20, 2021
I have been waiting for TB Joshua professy to manifest where he said one of African president will die, now is done.

2 Likes

Re: Idris Deby Is Dead, Killed As A Result Of Injuries Suffered On The Frontline by bilag17(m): 12:30pm On Apr 20, 2021
Fighting a lost battle. This should be a lesson to all Country leaders, most especially in Africa, who believe they can remain in power, against the wishes of their people. A king without subjects, has nobody to rule over. This usually happens when an individual forces himself on a Nation, which happens, not only in Africa, but also other parts of the world .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Idris Deby Is Dead, Killed As A Result Of Injuries Suffered On The Frontline by seunmsg(m): 12:31pm On Apr 20, 2021
The rebels will take over government not for the good of the masses but to institute another era of corruption, incompetence, oppression, and sit tight dictatorship till another rebel group dislodge them and the cycle continues. Africa is cursed with political instability.
Re: Idris Deby Is Dead, Killed As A Result Of Injuries Suffered On The Frontline by Nobody: 12:31pm On Apr 20, 2021
I just happened on this news and man...

I am short of words.

This is what you get with porous borders. I hope Nigeria's leaders get to learn from this.

The rebels behind this latest assault that has resulted in Idriss Deby's death came in through Chad's porous border with Libya(definitely the lawless Southern/Fezzan region).

Now, the head of State has paid the supreme price with his life.

In the end, nothing ever lasts forever. Deby was a warrior par excellence and it is so terrible that he had to go this way.

That's a real warrior gone.

It remains to be seen if the son- his successor, in this case- will be able to hold such a volatile country together. The general stability of West and Central Africa depends heavily on it.

The coming days will be crucial and interesting.

Once more, farewell Deby.

Further thoughts: So, now, is Amani going to return to her father Musa Hilal? lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: Idris Deby Is Dead, Killed As A Result Of Injuries Suffered On The Frontline by AfonjaConehead: 12:31pm On Apr 20, 2021
And one vegetable always run away to London even over constipation....
The vegetable used to be the spokesman for boko haram do he is culpable

2 Likes

Re: Idris Deby Is Dead, Killed As A Result Of Injuries Suffered On The Frontline by Tbasicme: 12:32pm On Apr 20, 2021
Queenlovely:
Boko Haram will be dancing azonto with this news.

Don't ever complain that Muslim leaders are iron fisted. Muslims need iron fist, if not they can't be reined,

It took the iron fist of abacha to stop mantasene.
Libya crumbled when they lost a strong man.

Democracy is not for Muslims, even Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Syrian, Iran, Kuwait, Egypt, Oman, Bahrain,

Just look at how Ethiopia is shaking because they want to practice democracy. They need iron hand. Even Afghanistan president is a proxy, the Loya Jiga is the true leader.

If Chad falls, Nigeria is finished. The CIA pays Chad good money for the stability of the region

Very apt. The fallout from Chad will affect Nigeria seriously. Just like the Libya issue. There will be proliferation of arms and increased insecurity

3 Likes

Re: Idris Deby Is Dead, Killed As A Result Of Injuries Suffered On The Frontline by anyamashima(m): 12:32pm On Apr 20, 2021
Great president ,buhari is a shame to Nigeria

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Viral Video Of Ghana's Presidential Convoy (Video) / Donald Trump Struggles To Breathe Upon White House Return (video) / Ukrainian Sisters Arrested For Twerking On The Graves Of Fallen Soldiers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.