Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,113 members, 7,811,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:24 AM

INEC Reacts To Fire At Its Data Processing Centre, Kano - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Reacts To Fire At Its Data Processing Centre, Kano (6159 Views)

INEC Reacts To Tribunal Ruling On Diri's Sack,says ANDP Candidate Was Ineligible / INEC Reacts To Edo APC, PDP Crisis Over Primaries: "We Will Obey Court Orders" / INEC Reacts To Fire Incident In Anambra, Reveals Next Line Of Action (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC Reacts To Fire At Its Data Processing Centre, Kano by Kwanza: 6:02pm On Apr 20, 2021
https://www.nairaland.com/6515418/fire-guts-inecs-data-centre#100959787

Fire at INEC Data Processing Centre, Kano.

https://twitter.com/inecnigeria/status/1384551370158755844?s=19

INDEPENDENT NATIONAL ELECTORAL COMMISSION INEC - HEADQUARTERS Plot 436, Zambezi Crescent, Maitama District, P.M.B 0184, Abuja, Federal Capital Territory, Nigeria. Website: www.inecnigena.org Online Newspaper.www_Inecnews.com PRESS RELEASE

FIRE AT INEC DATA PROCESSING CENTRE IN KANO

On 20th April 2021 the Resident Electoral Commissioner for Kano State, Prof. Riskuwa Shehu, reported a fire incident at the INEC Data Processing Centre (DPC) located at the premises of the Commission's state office in Kano. The fire started around 10.15am and engulfed the said DPC before it was contained by the Federal Fire Service.

The Staff made spirited efforts to bring the fire under control using fire extinguishers, but they were overwhelmed until the arrival of officers of the Federal Fire Service who subsequently quenched the fire.

The physical items burnt include Industrial Printers used for the printing hard copies of the voter register, Laser Jet Printers, Dell and Blade repositories containing soft copies of the voters' register for the State, Desk Top Computers, Laptops for training, inverters and other accessories and fittings.

Fortunately, all the data in the Voter Register for the State, as well as all other sensitive documents of the State Office are backed up offsite and therefore safe. They will be recovered swiftly.

We assure members of the public that this incident will not in any way affect the operations of the Commission.

Investigation into the cause of the fire incident has commenced and measures will be put in place to avert future occurrence.
The Commission appreciates the concerns of the stakeholders about the incident.

Festus Okoye Esq National Commissioner and Chairman, Information and Voter Education Committee Tuesday 20th April 2021.

1 Like

Re: INEC Reacts To Fire At Its Data Processing Centre, Kano by Badonasty(m): 6:37pm On Apr 20, 2021
Lol

2 Likes

Re: INEC Reacts To Fire At Its Data Processing Centre, Kano by Lamasta(m): 6:38pm On Apr 20, 2021
They sha want to burn down all the infrastructure in this country......

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Reacts To Fire At Its Data Processing Centre, Kano by esthel(f): 6:38pm On Apr 20, 2021
Continue, manufacture new data
Re: INEC Reacts To Fire At Its Data Processing Centre, Kano by CodedWealth(m): 6:38pm On Apr 20, 2021
First time since 2015, I'm reading a positive response from anything govt related!

I was hoping to hear that the cloud backed up data was burnt beyond recognition!

5 Likes

Re: INEC Reacts To Fire At Its Data Processing Centre, Kano by anyamashima(m): 6:38pm On Apr 20, 2021
Blame buhari

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC Reacts To Fire At Its Data Processing Centre, Kano by EkenmaPeter(m): 6:38pm On Apr 20, 2021
I smell foul play.

Hope they won't use this opportunity to double the numbers of voters. Because I don't trust this country and our civil service.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Reacts To Fire At Its Data Processing Centre, Kano by Tmlivesport(m): 6:38pm On Apr 20, 2021
NO SENSITIVE DATA IS MISSING OR THEY HAVE A BACKUP IS ALWAYS THE STORY
Re: INEC Reacts To Fire At Its Data Processing Centre, Kano by mikestate: 6:38pm On Apr 20, 2021
Election is near! Lol
Re: INEC Reacts To Fire At Its Data Processing Centre, Kano by kayodeoke1: 6:38pm On Apr 20, 2021

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Reacts To Fire At Its Data Processing Centre, Kano by WiszyFraud: 6:38pm On Apr 20, 2021
Did you know??

Don’t compare yourself with anyone in this world. If you do so, you are insulting yourself - Bill Gates

cheesy

1 Like

Re: INEC Reacts To Fire At Its Data Processing Centre, Kano by athaboi(f): 6:38pm On Apr 20, 2021
Liars... Kano will soon reach 10million registered voters! Restructure this country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Reacts To Fire At Its Data Processing Centre, Kano by checkmatez: 6:38pm On Apr 20, 2021
Double lol
Re: INEC Reacts To Fire At Its Data Processing Centre, Kano by Amspecial: 6:39pm On Apr 20, 2021
grin
Re: INEC Reacts To Fire At Its Data Processing Centre, Kano by DuBLINGreenb(m): 6:39pm On Apr 20, 2021
I just knw say fire must burn inec center for kano

This Kano is big and empty I drove for 3 hours across Kano outside the Kano main town you hardly find people or settlements just animals and herdsmen and some farmers that's all

As someone who has lived in both Kano and Lagos I still do not believe Kano has more people than Lagos

I am not Igbo or Hausa or Yoruba I'm just a neutral observer, observing something fishy going on

Kano produces lots of food but their local market does not consume half or even a quarter of what they send to Lagos state, almost everything they produce is shipped out in Truck loads

So inec, I want to see you guys Carry out voter registration and verification infact link BVN's to sim registration and voters registration and NIMC abi NIN let's see something stop burning INEC office so you can use that as excuse to not follow due process and carry out due diligence

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Reacts To Fire At Its Data Processing Centre, Kano by Victor912(m): 6:40pm On Apr 20, 2021
They don start again
Re: INEC Reacts To Fire At Its Data Processing Centre, Kano by Tonymegabush1(m): 6:41pm On Apr 20, 2021
Chemical reaction.....

Re: INEC Reacts To Fire At Its Data Processing Centre, Kano by dvdwed(m): 6:43pm On Apr 20, 2021
2023 on point. Extra millions and fictious names and voters card on point.

Only a fool thinks it is ordunary.

Private hotels, private homes and private firms don't get burnt in our korrapt country.

CBN, ASO, FIRS have all been torched by political arsonist.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Reacts To Fire At Its Data Processing Centre, Kano by whizbee(m): 6:43pm On Apr 20, 2021
A new chairman is about to emerge
Re: INEC Reacts To Fire At Its Data Processing Centre, Kano by Abboki: 6:46pm On Apr 20, 2021
Re: INEC Reacts To Fire At Its Data Processing Centre, Kano by AmazingELixir: 6:46pm On Apr 20, 2021
CodedWealth:
First time since 2015 , I'm reading a positive response from anything govt related!

I was hoping to hear that the cloud backed up data was burnt beyond recognition!

grin grin grin

Paddy man easy with this una scepticism....this country na the only one we get at the moment oo...
Re: INEC Reacts To Fire At Its Data Processing Centre, Kano by southsouthking(m): 6:47pm On Apr 20, 2021
Lmao.
Nigeria my contri.
From Snake to monkey then to Fire.
Who did we even offended?
Re: INEC Reacts To Fire At Its Data Processing Centre, Kano by TalkTalkTwins(m): 6:48pm On Apr 20, 2021
grin
Re: INEC Reacts To Fire At Its Data Processing Centre, Kano by superCleanworks(m): 6:48pm On Apr 20, 2021

Re: INEC Reacts To Fire At Its Data Processing Centre, Kano by Nobody: 6:51pm On Apr 20, 2021
CodedWealth:
First time since 2015, I'm reading a positive response from anything govt related!

Don't be deceived by what you want to hear

They have done the havock and deleting of crucial documents they intended to
Re: INEC Reacts To Fire At Its Data Processing Centre, Kano by lanrecsaboy: 6:56pm On Apr 20, 2021
angry

Re: INEC Reacts To Fire At Its Data Processing Centre, Kano by tivity101: 7:09pm On Apr 20, 2021
The mathematics is clear... Burn kano inec office, do new registration with inflated numbers of voters registered then use it to rig 2023 presidential election for the choice candidate of malu empire

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The Handsome Officer ESN Terrorist Beheaded - PHOTOS / Apeal Court Orders Benue APC Gubernatorial Primary Rerun / Free Meal For Lagos Pupils

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.