Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,275 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

Reverend Samson Ayokunle Asks DSS To Go After Pantami - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reverend Samson Ayokunle Asks DSS To Go After Pantami (16687 Views)

Popular PDP Supporter, Ayokunle Odekunle Is Dead, Atiku Abubakar Mourns / Offensive Video: MURIC Knocks Davido, Asks DSS To Invite Him / Samson Ayokunle To EU: A Southern Christian Should Succeed Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reverend Samson Ayokunle Asks DSS To Go After Pantami by SATANICALLY666: 8:04pm On Apr 20, 2021
The President of the Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, Reverend Samson Ayokunle, has urged relevant security agencies to investigate the allegation against the Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Isa Ali Pantami.

Pantami has been in the eyes of the storm for about a week over his controversial Islamic teachings which reportedly lent credence to terrorism activities and killings – a stance which has forced a cross-section of Nigerians to demand for his resignation or sack.

The minister admitted making such comments but blamed immaturity and limited knowledge for his views back then.

But speaking during a press conference on the 108th convention of the church which will hold from April 24 to April 29 at the 37,000- seater auditorium Baptist International Conference Centre, BICC along the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Reverend Ayokunle prompted security agencies to act.

“What is the State Security Service doing? What are the police doing? What is the Director-General of the National Intelligence Agency doing about the allegation? Such allegations should not be taken with levity. It should be taken seriously especially if we have data, written evidence, implicating statements or whatever. Why have they kept quiet? The question should not be directed at me as I am not in the security sector and I may not have the best information about the situation. I don’t want to make any statement that is not informed. Direct your question to DSS on why they have not investigated the allegation. Or is there no basis for it? Once they come out on the basis of empirical evidence, the situation will be settled,” he said.

The cleric, who said the church will continue to pray for the nation and her leaders, expressed worry over the high rate of unemployment in the country, noting that Idle hands are the devil’s workshop.

The CAN president said such unemployed youths can be easily recruited by bandits and other criminal elements.

He tasked the government to mop up illegal arms and investigate the sources of such weapons into the country.

He also called on the government to recruit more men into the security agencies as part of efforts to address the insecurity in the country, lamenting that the number of security personnel per citizen is abysmally poor.

Dr. Ayokunle, who will be rounding off his 10-year tenure as President of the Baptist Convention, said he has no regret as he was not ambitious about the position.

“I don’t have regret about being called by the Lord to lead the Nigerian Baptist Convention for the last 10 years because I did not take this assignment as what I desired, as an ambition. No, I wasn’t ambitious about it. I wasn’t at the national leadership of this denomination when God called me. I was serving in a little corner in the church. It was God that took me there. So, any day that I wake up, I know that I am in the will of God for my life,” he said.

https://dailytrust.com/can-president-asks-dss-to-go-after-pantami

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reverend Samson Ayokunle Asks DSS To Go After Pantami by chatinent: 8:05pm On Apr 20, 2021
If we have just one functional agency in Nigeria, I'm just hearing/seeing this allegation for the first time.

3 Likes

Re: Reverend Samson Ayokunle Asks DSS To Go After Pantami by immaculateheart: 8:07pm On Apr 20, 2021
Story. Buhari investigate his own brother?

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reverend Samson Ayokunle Asks DSS To Go After Pantami by IfGodbeforus(m): 8:12pm On Apr 20, 2021
Don't be suprised that Isa Pantami and some powerful forces in the dss are birds of the same feather. There is good percentage of terrorist mobilizers and supporters in our government.

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Reverend Samson Ayokunle Asks DSS To Go After Pantami by triple996(m): 8:13pm On Apr 20, 2021
nonsense try again

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reverend Samson Ayokunle Asks DSS To Go After Pantami by Ammishaddai: 8:15pm On Apr 20, 2021
Buhari will never allow his gestapo security question Mr Pantami. Only public outcry can bring him down, which is why it is important that people should continue protesting

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reverend Samson Ayokunle Asks DSS To Go After Pantami by Jdaughter(f): 8:18pm On Apr 20, 2021
sad
Re: Reverend Samson Ayokunle Asks DSS To Go After Pantami by jamiudinho(m): 8:29pm On Apr 20, 2021
immaculateheart:
Story. Buhari investigate his own brother?
lol wen a whole can president imported guns with is private jet and latter happen u Christians should stop been hypocrite

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Reverend Samson Ayokunle Asks DSS To Go After Pantami by Nobody: 8:40pm On Apr 20, 2021
Nairalanders I have been dubbed of some amount of money by a woman in a cooperative society I newly joined last month...Pls who can track her phone number so that I can get my money back?
Re: Reverend Samson Ayokunle Asks DSS To Go After Pantami by Nobody: 8:56pm On Apr 20, 2021
Arrrrrrrh

Welcome to Nigeria where Terrorist are granted amnesty to move freely in the society.

Now, how can a lawless state like this probe the likes of pantami? We are in hot cake !!

Father Lord see us (christains) through !!

6 Likes

Re: Reverend Samson Ayokunle Asks DSS To Go After Pantami by Gandollaar(f): 10:18pm On Apr 20, 2021
jamiudinho:

lol wen a whole can president imported guns with is private jet and latter happen u Christians should stop been hypocrite
That's a fvcking lie you vermin!

Say something else!

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reverend Samson Ayokunle Asks DSS To Go After Pantami by Nigeriabiafra82: 10:20pm On Apr 20, 2021
Terrorist are coming for CAN president

4 Likes

Re: Reverend Samson Ayokunle Asks DSS To Go After Pantami by Gandollaar(f): 10:20pm On Apr 20, 2021
Puloc:
Nairalanders I have been dubbed of some amount of money by a woman in a cooperative society I newly joined last month...Pls who can track her phone number so that I can get my money back?
So Nlers now na Police or you dey find who you go scope?

3 Likes

Re: Reverend Samson Ayokunle Asks DSS To Go After Pantami by CareerBegger: 10:21pm On Apr 20, 2021
Should CAN be the one to teach NSA WHT should be done. Everything is upside down
Re: Reverend Samson Ayokunle Asks DSS To Go After Pantami by Bodexman(m): 10:25pm On Apr 20, 2021
This is Nigeria, nobody resigns.

Those of us calling for his resignation won't resign as well if we do something wrong.

Our political structures is anti people, our leaders shielded themselves so much that nothing can really challenge or remove them while in office. It's high time we change this rubbish.

Our own democracy is China made.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reverend Samson Ayokunle Asks DSS To Go After Pantami by Mayng01(m): 11:00pm On Apr 20, 2021
The terrorist in asorock gives no damn about Nigerians coz he is an extremist himself

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reverend Samson Ayokunle Asks DSS To Go After Pantami by reccy(m): 11:23pm On Apr 20, 2021
Tell that to oritsejefor and his cohort that carried ammunition and raw monies aboard south africa to resign and be persecuted .

This is where they can open their mouth and pollute the media. Then, they were no where to be found.

#Pantamiwillstay#

#pantamiforpresident#

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reverend Samson Ayokunle Asks DSS To Go After Pantami by jamiudinho(m): 11:24pm On Apr 20, 2021
Gandollaar:
That's a fvcking lie you vermin!
Say something else!
mumu I guess u were in village as at den

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reverend Samson Ayokunle Asks DSS To Go After Pantami by NoSentiment: 11:26pm On Apr 20, 2021
I would have taken these Pastopreneurs from CAN seriously if only they had said something against their former president whose plane was used to launder dollars and buy weapons for terrorists.

Shameless twerps and gods of sheepskin.

10 Likes

Re: Reverend Samson Ayokunle Asks DSS To Go After Pantami by Nobody: 11:30pm On Apr 20, 2021
Is he from south ? Nope

You have shown north that they can do anything and get away with it and south can't do anything

Y'all thought it would affect only Igbos

Lmao

Nigeria is not for u simple
Re: Reverend Samson Ayokunle Asks DSS To Go After Pantami by FarahAideed: 12:40am On Apr 21, 2021
This man just wants MUMURIC to release statement first thing tommorow grin cheesy...Muric no wan hear say CAN respond to anything cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Reverend Samson Ayokunle Asks DSS To Go After Pantami by Nobody: 3:28am On Apr 21, 2021
Gandollaar:
So Nlers now na Police or you dey find who you go scope?
babe chill....I need help untop my predicament and u still dey tell me say I want scope person? abeg disregard d info if u no fit help.

1 Like

Re: Reverend Samson Ayokunle Asks DSS To Go After Pantami by Racoon(m): 5:27am On Apr 21, 2021
This is a great indictment and grave security risk on this nation. The DSS have failed woefully in the first place by not detecting the past of an islamic fanatic terrorist like Isa Pantami

The man ought not to be trusted with a public office, let alone communication ministry. He has been the one leaking intel to Boko Haram and Alqaeda. He should resign and he should be scrutinized. This is a sign DSS did terrible job in his profiling.

8 Likes

Re: Reverend Samson Ayokunle Asks DSS To Go After Pantami by MrImole: 5:28am On Apr 21, 2021
This country is done.
Re: Reverend Samson Ayokunle Asks DSS To Go After Pantami by punisha: 5:28am On Apr 21, 2021
waiting for this to happen is like waiting for snow to fall in aba
Re: Reverend Samson Ayokunle Asks DSS To Go After Pantami by tuna85: 5:29am On Apr 21, 2021
NoSentiment:
I would have taken these Pastopreneurs from CAN seriously if only they had said something against their former president whose plane was used to launder dollars and buy weapons for terrorists.

Shameless twerps and gods of sheepskin.

My brother, I taya o

8 Likes

Re: Reverend Samson Ayokunle Asks DSS To Go After Pantami by OmovuduTheBeast(f): 5:30am On Apr 21, 2021
Nigeria is a country where stupid brainless zombified youths still support terrorists like useless Pantami!!!

Fvck useless MURIC!
Fvck Aphonja moslims!
Fvck useless Tinubu!
Thunder strike vulture griller yansh!!!

5 Likes

Re: Reverend Samson Ayokunle Asks DSS To Go After Pantami by Pmpm: 5:31am On Apr 21, 2021
sad
Re: Reverend Samson Ayokunle Asks DSS To Go After Pantami by ipobarethieves: 5:38am On Apr 21, 2021
cool miyetti Allah Terrorists,Naptu2,Isaq Akintola,Garba Sheu, Northern gov and other misfortune pipu are behind him.He won't resign angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Reverend Samson Ayokunle Asks DSS To Go After Pantami by MrImole: 5:38am On Apr 21, 2021
He's right...
Re: Reverend Samson Ayokunle Asks DSS To Go After Pantami by JosephXavier: 5:38am On Apr 21, 2021
So DSS have to be reminded to do their job?

They are now playing ostrich

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sanusi: Nigeria Throwing Away Millions Of Dollars In The Scam Called Subsidy / NDLEA Intercepts 22160kg Codeine, Meth, Loud At Lagos Seaport, Mushin Raids / Folashade Yemi-Esan: I Get Threat Messages Over Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.