Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,949 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Umahi: DSS Should Arrest People Making Unsubstantiated Claims On Social Media - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umahi: DSS Should Arrest People Making Unsubstantiated Claims On Social Media (11998 Views)

DSS Should Apologize To Gumi - Tukur Mamu (Spokesman) / DSS Should Recommend Pantami’s Sack Now — CSO / Police Storm Abuja Area, Arrest People While Celebrating Buhari's Victory.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Umahi: DSS Should Arrest People Making Unsubstantiated Claims On Social Media by Wisdomkosi(m): 11:31am On Apr 22, 2021
DSS Should Arrest People Making Unsubstantiated Claims on Social Media - Gov. Umahi

By Wisdom Nwedene

Governor David Nweze Umahi of Ebonyi State has urged the Department of State Security Service, DSS, to arrest people making unsubstantiated claims on social media.

Governor Umahi said this during an interview on Channels TV monitored by IGBERE TV on Thursday.

Umahi attributed the high level of crime in the country to "unpatriotic acts" by many Nigerians. He said many political leaders from various regions go on television to attack each other and "castigate the leader of the country".

Umahi further said that political leaders making unguarded statements should be summoned by relevant security agencies for explanations, adding that the country cannot afford to be plunged into another war.

In his words,

"If you are making a statement on social media and call it freedom of speech, you must come to the law to substantiate it."

He said the communal clash in Ebonyi would have stopped if not for politicians making unguarded statements on social media.

"Never in the history of this country have we been so divided because of politics, because people want power by all means," the governor lamented. On the rampant burning of police stations in the southeast, Umahi described the act as "pure criminality".

https://igberetvnews.com/1388120/dss-arrest-people-making-unsubstantiated-claims-social-media-gov-umahi/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi: DSS Should Arrest People Making Unsubstantiated Claims On Social Media by PlayMaker14: 11:33am On Apr 22, 2021
It seems Umahi left his functional brain cells with the PDP and entered the APC with nothing in his head.

When the APC and some gang of Efulefu's here were calling GEJ unprintable names like "Otuuoke drrunkard" and called his wife "Shepopotamus" GEJ never intimidated anyone with DSS...

Now we're returning the favour, you're there crying like a child suffering from kwashiorkor.

171 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Umahi: DSS Should Arrest People Making Unsubstantiated Claims On Social Media by complexBoss12: 11:36am On Apr 22, 2021
It amazes me when Nigerian politicians talk about patriotism!! do they even know the meaning of that word??

106 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi: DSS Should Arrest People Making Unsubstantiated Claims On Social Media by SmartProf(m): 11:37am On Apr 22, 2021
DSS that cannot arrest a terrorist in government even with glaring expositions all of a sudden will direct their intelligence to arrest social media users with objective views? As if that's the solution to poor governance, poverty, insecurity, poor health care, bad economy, unemployment etc. Umahi should concentrate on his failed Ebube Agu security outfit that maybe at best useful in guarding people's clothes from being stolen at nysc camps.

36 Likes

Re: Umahi: DSS Should Arrest People Making Unsubstantiated Claims On Social Media by IgiveLadiesBj(m): 11:38am On Apr 22, 2021
They go arrest half Nigerians on social media... Especially Facebook angry grin grin angry

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi: DSS Should Arrest People Making Unsubstantiated Claims On Social Media by PussyKing(m): 11:38am On Apr 22, 2021
Fool from the east grin

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi: DSS Should Arrest People Making Unsubstantiated Claims On Social Media by foreveryoung1515(f): 11:38am On Apr 22, 2021
Who's the leader of the country they're castigating? Why not come out clean and name him. Hypocrite! They can't say the truth as lo g as they're are benefitting from the clueless government

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi: DSS Should Arrest People Making Unsubstantiated Claims On Social Media by sweetonugbu: 11:39am On Apr 22, 2021
I see
Re: Umahi: DSS Should Arrest People Making Unsubstantiated Claims On Social Media by CocoaOla: 11:39am On Apr 22, 2021
APC had lied too much for too long. Time to tell them, "enough is enough". They make fools of well meaning Nigerians. I won't take it any longer. More money has been made available to Buhari through loans, aids and the devaluation of the Naira than GEJ ever had

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi: DSS Should Arrest People Making Unsubstantiated Claims On Social Media by brainpulse: 11:39am On Apr 22, 2021
The jobless PDP and the IPOB touts are the fake social media miscreants

3 Likes

Re: Umahi: DSS Should Arrest People Making Unsubstantiated Claims On Social Media by emmanuel596(m): 11:39am On Apr 22, 2021
This man became a fool since he joined apc

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi: DSS Should Arrest People Making Unsubstantiated Claims On Social Media by CaptainAyub: 11:39am On Apr 22, 2021
Lol.
This one is also feeling the heat

1 Like

Re: Umahi: DSS Should Arrest People Making Unsubstantiated Claims On Social Media by opalu: 11:39am On Apr 22, 2021
Haba

1 Like

Re: Umahi: DSS Should Arrest People Making Unsubstantiated Claims On Social Media by Houseofglam7(f): 11:40am On Apr 22, 2021
undecided
Re: Umahi: DSS Should Arrest People Making Unsubstantiated Claims On Social Media by Franzinni: 11:40am On Apr 22, 2021
A fish will always rot from the head ...

All the heads of fishes in the country are rotten beyond belief and I am humbly including you Sir...

Oya dss how far nah

Come and arrest me and help my career abeg !! I need to blow . Please I need to inform you about my diet tho ... I don't eat chicken on Sunday incase you plan to keep me for long ... But any other day I can manage chicken and chips and hollandia yoghurt ..as brunch.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi: DSS Should Arrest People Making Unsubstantiated Claims On Social Media by EKONGKING: 11:40am On Apr 22, 2021
In cowgeria , DSS is unable to arrest alqeuda loving terrorist but can easily arrest a person just for liking a social media post

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi: DSS Should Arrest People Making Unsubstantiated Claims On Social Media by Akwamkpuruamu: 11:40am On Apr 22, 2021
Because you are ashamed herdsmen came to your state and killed your people. You wanted to cover it up and was bursted by ESN.

Umahi remember Okoroawusa. Okoroawusa have started reaping his results of allegiance by visiting EFCC detention for two days. Very soon he will spend six months like Orji Ụzọ Kalu. Your day with the Fulanis are coming

10 Likes

Re: Umahi: DSS Should Arrest People Making Unsubstantiated Claims On Social Media by Whois(m): 11:40am On Apr 22, 2021
Says a man that is aspiring to become president shocked

6 Likes

Re: Umahi: DSS Should Arrest People Making Unsubstantiated Claims On Social Media by TONY042(m): 11:40am On Apr 22, 2021
Well done sir!

What then should they do to politicians that are looting the nation dry?

3 Likes

Re: Umahi: DSS Should Arrest People Making Unsubstantiated Claims On Social Media by BruncleZuma: 11:40am On Apr 22, 2021
grin grin grin grin

There's a special igbo/weed they give APC members that loosens their tongues and separates it from their brains...

11 Likes

Re: Umahi: DSS Should Arrest People Making Unsubstantiated Claims On Social Media by sojfarm: 11:40am On Apr 22, 2021
He dear not say otherwise. They can beat him, the slave.

2 Likes

Re: Umahi: DSS Should Arrest People Making Unsubstantiated Claims On Social Media by YorubaLord: 11:40am On Apr 22, 2021
Oloriburuku somebody! angry

7 Likes

Re: Umahi: DSS Should Arrest People Making Unsubstantiated Claims On Social Media by Juoflife1(f): 11:41am On Apr 22, 2021
Efulefu

1 Like

Re: Umahi: DSS Should Arrest People Making Unsubstantiated Claims On Social Media by Nobody: 11:41am On Apr 22, 2021
Southerners should listen to your elder
Stop Blackmailing the honorable minister
Re: Umahi: DSS Should Arrest People Making Unsubstantiated Claims On Social Media by Kreme(m): 11:41am On Apr 22, 2021
Imagine what this Pighead Governor is saying... How many Social media users DSS fit arrest?

4 Likes

Re: Umahi: DSS Should Arrest People Making Unsubstantiated Claims On Social Media by Sheriman(m): 11:41am On Apr 22, 2021
Go and arrest all the people on social media now

3 Likes

Re: Umahi: DSS Should Arrest People Making Unsubstantiated Claims On Social Media by AHCB: 11:41am On Apr 22, 2021
I support what he said 100%. Unfortunately, Nigerians now believe freedom of speech mean freedom to say whatever you like, it doesn't matter to them if what they're saying is fact or not, they just say it and defend it with their narrow minded opinion, which they believe, is fact.

Truly if we must move forward, a whole lot of steps need to be taken to make Nigerians accountable for what they say, especially on social media. It's becoming too much.

Fake news, misinformation and what have you is now the order of the day. Majority don't even care to know if what they're reading is the truth or half truth or baked up lies, they just believe, especially if they don't like you.

It truly is a shame.

1 Like

Re: Umahi: DSS Should Arrest People Making Unsubstantiated Claims On Social Media by youngeagle(m): 11:41am On Apr 22, 2021
All APC politicians should be arrested, those ni**as lie more than devil

3 Likes

Re: Umahi: DSS Should Arrest People Making Unsubstantiated Claims On Social Media by rocknation62(m): 11:41am On Apr 22, 2021
This man mumu be like zee world, EXTRAORDINARY EVERYDAY

2 Likes

Re: Umahi: DSS Should Arrest People Making Unsubstantiated Claims On Social Media by Nobody: 11:41am On Apr 22, 2021
Absolutely not

complexBoss12:
It amazes me when Nigerian politicians talk about patriotism!! do they even know the meaning of that word??

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Insecurity: UNIJOS Suspends Academic Activities, Shuts Hostels / Reno Omokri: "Buhari Lied About Rice Production In Nigeria" / EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.