Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,018 members, 7,828,587 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? (30957 Views)

Why I Am Seriously In Love With My Infinix Note 8i / Nokia 3.1 Plus Vs Huawei Y7 Prime 2019 Speed Test Comparison (photos) / Samsung Galaxy S8 Vs Apple Iphone 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Apr 23, 2021
Go for two of them

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Apr 23, 2021
The marketers have come again with their nonsense fake posts

Smh
Transsion won't just improve .. rubbish
Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by ityP(m): 2:13pm On Apr 23, 2021
OfficialZamy:
Samsung S8 camera

The way infinix for over expose this picture eh grin

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by ngadaAwo: 2:15pm On Apr 23, 2021
[s]
WeNoGoDie:

I made my statement with specification based facts and yet you say I have no idea what I'm saying.
[/s]
shatap
even SD 821 will beat that G80 hands down not to talk about SD 835

Nonsense!
Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by airsaylongcome: 2:15pm On Apr 23, 2021
WeNoGoDie:

Oga you guys get easily excited and sentimental once infinix and Tecno is mentioned. Check my profile I sell phones sometimes as side hussle. I've used and sold Samsung, IPhones, Tecno and infinix etc.

Agreeably Tecno and Infinix are sometimes deficient in some aspects but I'm not shy to mention any aspect they beat a similar phone in comparison. It is called being objective, equitable and unbiased. This is one major attribute you guys that trashtalk Tecno and Infinix heavily lack.

If you have some knowledge about Consumer behaviour you'd know that purchase of these kinds of products are more emotional and about the "feel good" factor. If someone had the funds to buy an iPhone 12 or an Infinix Note 8 (which "trumps" the iPhone 12 on a lot of stats like screen size and battery size or even fast charging) do you think they will go for an Infinix? People will pay the extra premium for the brand

3 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by Randerl: 2:17pm On Apr 23, 2021
femi4:
A dead Sammy is better than all living trassons put together

Thanks new Meme loading

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by figure007(m): 2:18pm On Apr 23, 2021
You will enjoy the Infinix note believe me
Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Apr 23, 2021
No contest na samsung. Even samsung s2 better pass any Tecno and infinix

4 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by PAQ(m): 2:20pm On Apr 23, 2021
Comparing S8plus to Infinix Note8i is akin to comparing Innoson G80 to Mercedes G-Wagon.

I have a feeling i know which car you will choose.

apply the same wisdom in choosing your phone.

6 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by MansoryMX(m): 2:22pm On Apr 23, 2021
Arabmoniq:
I am planning on getting a Samsung Galaxy S8 plus London used and I have this friend who is advicing me to go for the infinix note 8i of the 4gig RAM and 64gig ROM please phone experts in the house which one should I go for?
you advice will help me make a good choice.

Are you okay? How can you disrespect Samsung phone like this to chinko! Nor make amadioha choke you to death o! angry

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Apr 23, 2021
How much for the Samsung s8 plus

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by Ifesinachi22(m): 2:23pm On Apr 23, 2021
Patrioticbreed9:
Apart from the andriod version you cant compare an infinix hot20ii to an s7.But does the version matters? Hell yes & hell no. Why? Let take for instanc an iphone 6 is still very cappable even in 2025 then what is the problem? The O.S, how? with the iphone 6 topping at ios 12.1.6 it is darn f*cking limited. many pro app of recent now requires ios 14 making the iphone 6 praticaly useless! am not a user of andriod though but one thing i know is that version matters the s8 tops out at andriod 8.what type of phone user are you? if you just need a phone for fun and luxry the s8 wins! you need a phone for video shooting,with 4kres,high fps up 240fps the s8 performes better than some dslr..now do you need battery life? infinix wins, latest o.s for newer apps the infinix wins.mind many seriouse filmaking apps that where esclusive to i.o.s and moved to andriod wont be available for transions phones.i dont change phone because a new one is out,i change only when the version is outdated,just switched to an phone x from 6

Try putting space where necessary. You started well, but when i discovered you don't even know when to put space and full stop, i had to stop. It gives me headache

3 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by Ferdinandu(m): 2:23pm On Apr 23, 2021
Arabmoniq:
I am planning on getting a Samsung Galaxy S8 plus London used and I have this friend who is advicing me to go for the infinix note 8i of the 4gig RAM and 64gig ROM please phone experts in the house which one should I go for?
you advice will help me make a good choice.
The only advantage the infinix have on the Samsung is the battery life because Samsung being a used phone, the battery life must have been degraded and the infinix being a new phone the possibity of having issues in the first year of usage is very low coupled with the fact that there is always warranty involved. The London used Samsung without issues perform way better than the infinix in all other angle

3 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by Randerl: 2:24pm On Apr 23, 2021

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by Prozico22(m): 2:24pm On Apr 23, 2021
Go for itel is cheaper you wan buy phone u Dey announce am when you wan marry pls let me know so that I go show you woman to marry

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by waseun007: 2:26pm On Apr 23, 2021
see kwesion, samsung vs infinix... funny comparison, the price between the 2 no fear you

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by BarrElChapo(m): 2:29pm On Apr 23, 2021
OfficialZamy:
Samsung S8 camera

With GCam it would be far better
Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by jizzison(m): 2:29pm On Apr 23, 2021
WeNoGoDie:

Oga you guys get easily excited and sentimental once infinix and Tecno is mentioned. Check my profile I sell phones sometimes as side hussle. I've used and sold Samsung, IPhones, Tecno and infinix etc.

Agreeably Tecno and Infinix are sometimes deficient in some aspects but I'm not shy to mention any aspect they beat a similar phone in comparison. It is called being objective, equitable and unbiased. This is one major attribute you guys that trashtalk Tecno and Infinix heavily lack.
Sorry for intruding.
While I agree that all smartphones have their strengths & weaknesses, you're shooting yourself in the leg by leaning towards Transsion phones.

Now apart from battery, what special thing does Tecno & Infinix offer? Please state them.
If you hate being biased as well, just contribute by helping the OP decide on which phone to get based on better processor, camera, build quality, battery, display & extra features like super slow motion, barometer, heart rate sensor, gyroscope, NFC & more.

The way Transsion price their phone when I check the specs & features just turns me off.
Lastly, I'm not sure if anyone here is being sentimental, honesty plays a key role here.
Except where someone was actually saying Infinix note 8 48MP camera is better than Samsung S8plus 12MP camera & calling Mediatek Helio G80 a power gaming chipset. What should we now call Snapdragon 835?

Please let honesty thrive & make findings before forwarding your opinions.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by jimi4us: 2:31pm On Apr 23, 2021
Abbeyrabbit43:
Na ment?? U dey compare s8 plus with infinite......get sense pls

Big name mentality nova leave you. This is 2021 wake up.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by ameh99: 2:32pm On Apr 23, 2021
WeNoGoDie:
@Arabmoniq

Let's separate facts from Sentiments. Infinix simply wins here.

- infinix has far bigger screen.

- Far bigger battery. 5200mah again 3500mah on Samsung.

- 48mp quad camera as against Samsung's 12mp single camera.

- Helio G80 power gaming chip

- faster 18w fast charger as against 15w on Samsung.

- Dedicated micro SD slot and no dedicated on Samsung.

- Yet Cheaper price for infinix.

Samsung only beats infinix in the Super Amoled screen dept. So its one point for Samsung against 7 or more very significant points for infinix.

Samsung any time any day..

Infinix has bigger screen with poor display compared to Samsung

And over hipped camera as well they tell you 48mp but you and I know it not upto

And you forgot to mention the galaxy s8 water resistant,
remote controlled features.

So them no be mate not even close..

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by mkdonald(m): 2:37pm On Apr 23, 2021
WeNoGoDie:
@Arabmoniq

Let's separate facts from Sentiments. Infinix simply wins here.

- infinix has far bigger screen.

- Far bigger battery. 5200mah again 3500mah on Samsung.

- 48mp quad camera as against Samsung's 12mp single camera.

- Helio G80 power gaming chip

- faster 18w fast charger as against 15w on Samsung.

- Dedicated micro SD slot and no dedicated on Samsung.

- Yet Cheaper price for infinix.

Samsung only beats infinix in the Super Amoled screen dept. So its one point for Samsung against 7 or more very significant points for infinix.

LOL... I'm using a s8 plus... There is memory card slot

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Apr 23, 2021
Wepro25:
Samsung is good but the day your screen spoils

grin
who buy Toyota know wetin he dey find
Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by alfredilly: 2:40pm On Apr 23, 2021
Davemarine:

You have no idea what you are saying..., The only advantage of the infinix over the Samsung is Battery, nothing else, you see Samsung and iPhone Camera size? Don't compare them to other androids.

That battery is the main reason I go for phone. Whatever infinix 8i has is enough to serve every purpose the Samsung would serve.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by relicng: 2:40pm On Apr 23, 2021
Samsung will always be Samsung

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by Gs688006: 2:41pm On Apr 23, 2021
With what every one has said here, u should know yr choice alredy. In addiction, forget the normal saying ` Samsung parts re expensive'. Even wen it get scratched or slightly damage. It amaze you how it sti work effectively fr a very long time. You get value fr yr money. I ve been using mine fr few years now,no qualms, no prob. Will only think of changing if I wanna upgrade to higher Samsung product.

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by seanwilliam(m): 2:41pm On Apr 23, 2021
OfficialZamy:

Na person wey never use Samsung go dey talk this rubbish

- Infinix has bigger screen but how useful is the screen when is not super amoled

- Infinix has bigger battery, yeah that's the only place they focus and abandon the important features

-Infinix has 48MP quad camera grin Samsung and IPhone uses 12MP camera which is 10times brighter, clearer, focused, more portrait than Infinix and co grin
Samsung S8plus has one camera which has both Food(portrait), Pro, Panorama, Selective Focus, Photo, Video, Slow Motion, Super Slow motion, Hyperlapse, Visual Shot all in one Camera while Infinix has 4 camera that is not functional, na only two camera dey work out of 4 cameras grin
Meanwhile does your Infinix shot at 4k during videoing cool

-Infinix uses Helio G80 but have you heard of Exynos 8895 before?
Go and make research bro

-Infinix Note 8 is using 18 watt fast charging that takes upto 2hoours to fully charge grin while Samsung 15 watt fast charging takes less than 1 hour 30 minutes to be fully charged.... That's the work of nice processor cool

-Samsung S8plus has dedicated Micro SD slot upto 256Gb bro... Stop tarnishing and do research or try save money buy Samsung or IPhone and Smile

-Infinix is cheaper because they keep manufacturing same phone every 3 months grin Samsung S8 plus that was produced in 2017 is still receiving System and latest Android update, Android 10 for that matter

With this following Reply of mine, hope you are convinced that Samsung is not anybodies mate including IPhone sef

NB: Samsung S8plus and IPhone X was released same year and the 2 phone are on the same level, iPhone X only win base on Camera

Thankio and God punish Desmond Elliot for deceiving you

Lol. iPhone X wins in performance too. And also Remember IPhone is running latest iOS as compared to s8 that stopped at android 9.

iPhone X also has resale value compared to s8. U can’t find a good iPhone X less down 150k anywhere . Whereas s8plus is 70k to 80k highest .
S8 beats iPhone X in display ..
I’ve used s9 plus before so I know about the s series

So @ op, u should only choose the infinix because of battery .. in every other department, Samsung s8 wins

4 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by Legacyy(m): 2:44pm On Apr 23, 2021
DONFRANSKID:
see all this tech illiterate comparing Samsung and infinix
does infinix support quad hd screen
does infinix support wireless charging
how can you compare snapdragon processors to mtk
how dare you compare super amoled to LCD
how can you compare 529ppi to 200 and something ppi on infinix
can infinix support LTE cat 16
does infinix have anything like NFC technology
is infinix water resistant

Iris sensor

Pressure sensor

Barometer

Fingerprint sensor
Geomagnetic

Hall sensor

haai samsung freak
Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by Iamthoney(m): 2:45pm On Apr 23, 2021
One person dey there to talk say Samsung no be iPhone mate yet him never use iPhone for him entire life.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by Angrygoat: 2:47pm On Apr 23, 2021
I have for sale o. Original with lil cracked screen due to floor tiles for sale. 80k. Never opened,never repaired.

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by Angrygoat: 2:48pm On Apr 23, 2021
I used xs max 512 gb gold , the camera is shit,both front nd back, phone too big for my hand and too heavy,plus lu can't clone apps on iPhone, all apps are paid. Android is gold. I sold my xs max for 200k after a year of wastage and usage
seanwilliam:

Lol. iPhone X wins in performance too. And also Remember IPhone is running latest iOS as compared to s8 that stopped at android 9.

iPhone X also has resale value compared to s8. U can’t find a good iPhone X less down 150k anywhere . Whereas s8plus is 70k to 80k highest .
S8 beats iPhone X in display ..
I’ve used s9 plus before so I know about the s series

So @ op, u should only choose the infinix because of battery .. in every other department, Samsung s8 wins

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Yes!!!!!!!!! You Can Now Play Pes 2013 Ppsspp Android Adhoc Multiplayer. Rep#tka / Best 5 Smartphones With 4G Support That Cost Less Than N35,000 / Smallieee Buys Iphone From U.K, ships to Ogun, gets Box Of Pen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.