Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,300 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? (30969 Views)

Why I Am Seriously In Love With My Infinix Note 8i / Nokia 3.1 Plus Vs Huawei Y7 Prime 2019 Speed Test Comparison (photos) / Samsung Galaxy S8 Vs Apple Iphone 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by tonyashburton: 4:01pm On Apr 23, 2021
Consult your village chief priest.But before that give yourself a knock on the head for mentioning Samsung and Infinix in the same sentence.

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Apr 23, 2021
Please and please don't go for infinix at all, last year I bought an infinix s5 6gb ram and 128gb ROM but later gave me charging port problem and was sold to buy another infinix note 7 and still gave me same problem and was sold to get new Samsung s8+ and which am enjoying till date.....please and please don't go for infinix #Goforsamsung

3 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by tonyashburton: 4:03pm On Apr 23, 2021
Abeg tell us.Anu nkiti.
WeNoGoDie:

Oga you guys get easily excited and sentimental once infinix and Tecno is mentioned. Check my profile I sell phones sometimes as side hussle. I've used and sold Samsung, IPhones, Tecno and infinix etc.

Agreeably Tecno and Infinix are sometimes deficient in some aspects but I'm not shy to mention any aspect they beat a similar phone in comparison. It is called being objective, equitable and unbiased. This is one major attribute you guys that trashtalk Tecno and Infinix heavily lack.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by Fanuchi007: 4:03pm On Apr 23, 2021
s8 plus is better but one thing most s8 users have in common is u see dem walking around with power bank like it's their kidney. I will advise you in a very practical way. Don't buy that lóndon used samsung s8. It's above Tecno but you need a phone that will be practical considering how light supply is low. And s8 the phones OS is outdated. Samsung s8 plus is better in almost every aspect but Tecno has features that will be more practical for you and will give you less problem. you are buying a phone that has probably been used for 3 or more years and is prone to weak battery and developing a line on the screen which is common on s8. u don't want all that stress. just go for d Tecno and forget which one is better.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by hustla(m): 4:05pm On Apr 23, 2021
S8+
Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 4:07pm On Apr 23, 2021
Arabmoniq:
I am planning on getting a Samsung Galaxy S8 plus London used and I have this friend who is advicing me to go for the infinix note 8i of the 4gig RAM and 64gig ROM please phone experts in the house which one should I go for?
you advice will help me make a good choice.
personally, I hate MediaTek phones but I won't be biased here, most of those specifications they've been quoting for you here won't be visible or necessary to you except maybe battery and or camera quality or screen resolution. What you might ask yourself is if the screens of any of them get damaged, which one will you be able to easily repair ? I have this young friend in my estate who dumped his S8 because of the screen repair bill that's around 80k or so. I don't know your pocket but there are factors you consider. I'll pick the Samsung personally though

3 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by kunle75(m): 4:09pm On Apr 23, 2021
Arabmoniq:
please how long does the S8 plus battery last

Very long I used it between 2017 and 2019 .can tell you those Samsung specs are superb interms or battery life.
I shipped same phone to my friend in ph and he is still enjoying it since 2020 till date
Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Apr 23, 2021
Arabmoniq:

70K for the 64gig variant

Pic please
Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by lichocho(m): 4:15pm On Apr 23, 2021
Davemarine:

You have no idea what you are saying..., The only advantage of the infinix over the Samsung is Battery, nothing else, you see Samsung and iPhone Camera size? Don't compare them to other androids.
back it up with facts..I wan buy phone so I need facts
Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by teflondoppez(m): 4:18pm On Apr 23, 2021
DONFRANSKID:

that's why I call them tech illiterate
dont mind this gullible ones underating samsung .. using the s7 edge currently and still gives me joy ..especially that vibration when I pick it up .. lovely

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by lichocho(m): 4:20pm On Apr 23, 2021
DONFRANSKID:
see all this tech illiterate comparing Samsung and infinix
does infinix support quad hd screen
does infinix support wireless charging
how can you compare snapdragon processors to mtk
how dare you compare super amoled to LCD
how can you compare 529ppi to 200 and something ppi on infinix
can infinix support LTE cat 16
does infinix have anything like NFC technology
is infinix water resistant

Iris sensor

Pressure sensor

Barometer

Fingerprint sensor
Geomagnetic

Hall sensor

nice one...see d way u bring out facts... but some go come de shout say d phone na scrab without telling us anything...
Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by AlanPew: 4:21pm On Apr 23, 2021
I would choose an iphone , in my opinion this phone will serve you for a really long time and will not let you down. I would not recommend that you buy a Samsung-branded phone. In my opinion it is not a very reliable company and they sell low-quality products. On one of the sites I sell electronics online https://gadgetpickup.com/ . I sold all the equipment brand Samsung and bought a gadget brand apple. I hope that you will listen to me. Read the reviews on the Internet.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by richeeyo(m): 4:41pm On Apr 23, 2021
WeNoGoDie:

I made my statement with specification based facts and yet you say I have no idea what I'm saying.
Bro don't argue with someone blinded my device name rather than specifications

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by richeeyo(m): 4:43pm On Apr 23, 2021
ahmemmygrey:
Samsung is better except for the price
The display just gave it the edge
Read the chat

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by Dmanlex(m): 4:45pm On Apr 23, 2021
Thats not base fact. Samsung 12mp camera is 80% better than other android 64mp. So samsumg, iPhone has higher camera resolution and ram functions. Not by size but functions. That's why 4gn ram iPhone nd Samsung works better than these 3rd world phones
WeNoGoDie:

I made my statement with specification based facts and yet you say I have no idea what I'm saying.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by Arabmoniq(m): 4:46pm On Apr 23, 2021
tonyashburton:
Consult your village chief priest.But before that give yourself a knock on the head for mentioning Samsung and Infinix in the same sentence.
grin
tonyashburton:

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by DrTonyGP: 4:52pm On Apr 23, 2021
Whenever you want to compare phones like this, just go to gsmarena and you will have answers or watch YouTube videos.
In this case, Samsung is way ahead of the infinix

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by aigohior(m): 5:02pm On Apr 23, 2021
guy get infinix, Samsung may be better but infinix is brand new. infinix get better battery which is a big deal in Nigeria and can do everything that Samsung can. (unless you are a ram eater���)
Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by Lixusheng(m): 5:07pm On Apr 23, 2021
Arabmoniq:
I am planning on getting a Samsung Galaxy S8 plus London used and I have this friend who is advicing me to go for the infinix note 8i of the 4gig RAM and 64gig ROM please phone experts in the house which one should I go for?

D battery spoil d s8 plus..

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by CaptainFM1: 5:20pm On Apr 23, 2021
See, just go for Infinix. All those altitude sensors and barometric sensors someone was mentioning in favour of Samsung are not value for money. Check 98% of people using high-end phones like Samsungs and Iphones they dont even use 70% of the facilities the phone has to offer.

We are talking about phones for purpose use here, and someone is talking about Iris/retina scan (aside from locking/unlocking what else will you use iris for), Geomagnetism (You wan study magnetism or the phone will supply you 5kw of electricity) Wireless Charging (You will still need to connect the wireless sensor to socket) Water resistant (Unless you are stupid, u wan go swim with the phone?)

.....Ah Oyinbo smart pass us I swear. Next, they will tell you they've added mosquito repellant or food downloading app/software to Samsung and jack up the price by additional $250.

My advise is first remove all the specs and so called special add-ons that samsung boast of that you know you will never-ever need or use...then place the two side-by-side and weigh which one offers you good value for the money.

If you are working hard for your money and value every penny of your sweat.....Go for Infinix.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by WinterMinter(m): 5:21pm On Apr 23, 2021
Comparing Samsung to Infinix is like comparing UK to Nigeria Nigeria only surpasses UK with population As to Infinix with bigger screen which is useless as it is in LCD As to Nigeria population is useless because no breathable economy

4 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by WinterMinter(m): 5:24pm On Apr 23, 2021
CaptainFM1:
See, just go for Infinix. All those altitude sensors and barometric sensors someone was mentioning in favour of Samsung are not value for money. Check 98% of people using high-end phones like Samsungs and Iphones they dont even use 70% of the facilities the phone has to offer.

We are talking about phones for purpose use here, and someone is talking about Iris/retina scan (aside from locking/unlocking what else will you use iris for), Geomagnetism (You wan study magnetism or the phone will supply you 5kw of electricity) Wireless Charging (You will still need to connect the wireless sensor to socket) Water resistant (Unless you are stupid, u wan go swim with the phone?)

.....Ah Oyinbo smart pass us I swear. Next, they will tell you they've added mosquito repellant or food downloading app/software to Samsung and jack up the price by additional $250.

My advise is first remove all the specs and so called special add-ons that samsung boast of that you know you will never-ever need or use...then place the two side-by-side and weigh which one offers you good value for the money.

If you are working hard for your money and value every penny of your sweat.....Go for Infinix Samsung

You deserve to be tied to a tree and be given some good lashes

5 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by DelphiOracle(m): 5:28pm On Apr 23, 2021
WeNoGoDie:
@Arabmoniq

Let's separate facts from Sentiments. Infinix simply wins here.

- infinix has far bigger screen.

- Far bigger battery. 5200mah again 3500mah on Samsung.

- 48mp quad camera as against Samsung's 12mp single camera.

- Helio G80 power gaming chip

- faster 18w fast charger as against 15w on Samsung.

- Dedicated micro SD slot and no dedicated on Samsung.

- Yet Cheaper price for infinix.

Samsung only beats infinix in the Super Amoled screen dept. So its one point for Samsung against 7 or more very significant points for infinix.
my guy thank u
Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by CaptainFM1: 5:29pm On Apr 23, 2021
WinterMinter:

You deserve to be tied to a tree and be given some good lashes

You are very Nigerian.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by Rolexjerry(m): 5:31pm On Apr 23, 2021
WeNoGoDie:
@Arabmoniq

Samsung only beats infinix in the Super Amoled screen dept. So its one point for Samsung against 7 or more very significant points for infinix.
Bros sorry ooo but e dey like say you don high.
Most of the specifications put up on the adverts for transsion devices are not true. Get the two devices, use them side by side then you'd see the difference.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by kolaaderin: 5:45pm On Apr 23, 2021
Arabmoniq:
apart of branding, u are comparing used device with a new one. I will advice you go for infinix. The stake on the Samsung is high, you may be buying a stolen device in the name of London used and you don't even know the real condition of the phone, I.e the battery condition or may be repaired or even refurbished.
Buy new buy peace of mind , except you are buying new Samsung, I will choose infinix over samsung.

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by kolaaderin: 5:49pm On Apr 23, 2021
Rolexjerry:
Bros sorry ooo but e dey like say you don high.
Most of the specifications put up on the adverts for transsion devices are not true. Get the two devices, use them side by side then you'd see the difference.
you are right for some devices, infinix and techno keeps to the described specification as advertised
Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by DONFRANSKID(m): 6:05pm On Apr 23, 2021
lichocho:
nice one...see d way u bring out facts... but some go come de shout say d phone na scrab without telling us anything...
thanks my man
Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by DONFRANSKID(m): 6:09pm On Apr 23, 2021
CaptainFM1:

If you are working hard for your money and value every penny of your sweat.....Go for Infinix.

shey the white men who produced the phone na mumu my guy just say you are too broke to buy it stop discouraging someone who has money to spend

4 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by Xclusivedaniel6(m): 6:22pm On Apr 23, 2021
WeNoGoDie:
@Arabmoniq

please don't be delusional
Infinix is a crap phone produced for mainly africa alone.
Excluding the battery and price, S8 plus knocks down trash infinix, even s6 still knocks it down talkless of s8 plus
Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by TempUser: 6:23pm On Apr 23, 2021
OfficialZamy:
Samsung S8 camera
wink

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by Xclusivedaniel6(m): 6:24pm On Apr 23, 2021
WeNoGoDie:

lol
You call that facts?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Smallieee Buys Iphone From U.K, ships to Ogun, gets Box Of Pen / Whatsapp Amazing New Features For Recalling Your Messages / Simple Step On How To Boot All INFINIX Phone Into Safe Mode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.