Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,985 members, 7,817,903 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

Can I Travel To Ghana Without Passport/visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Can I Travel To Ghana Without Passport/visa (2108 Views)

How To Travel To Ghana With Or Without Passport / Nigerian Passport Visa Free Countries 2020 / Can I Travel To Australia With N4.5 Million? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Travel To Ghana Without Passport/visa by deluba(m): 7:11pm On Apr 25, 2021
Evening Nairalander, i will like you to school me on a little issue.
I have been selected to attend a conference on disability and human right in Ghana schedule to hold two months from now but i dnt have a passport yet.
i was thinking my national ID is enough for me.

My question is what did i need to enter Ghana as a Nigerian
Re: Can I Travel To Ghana Without Passport/visa by Mrceragem: 7:20pm On Apr 25, 2021
deluba:
I have been selected to attend a conference on disability and human right in Ghana schedule to hold two months from now but i dnt have a passport yet.

your id card will do
Re: Can I Travel To Ghana Without Passport/visa by ictjobber: 7:31pm On Apr 25, 2021
deluba:

You don't need a visa or a passport.
Re: Can I Travel To Ghana Without Passport/visa by deluba(m): 7:36pm On Apr 25, 2021
[quote author=Mrceragem post=101118484] your id card will do

Thanks
Re: Can I Travel To Ghana Without Passport/visa by deluba(m): 7:39pm On Apr 25, 2021
ictjobber:

You don't need a visa or a passport.

Thanks Can i take a plane without Passport or Visa to Ghana
Re: Can I Travel To Ghana Without Passport/visa by PetroDolla2020: 8:31pm On Apr 25, 2021
You can only enter Ghana legal through the airport in Accra. Ghana’s land borders are closed due to covid.

The only authorized/legal way to enter Ghana now is to travel by air. You risk being arrested if you attempt to enter via the land borders. A lot of non-Ghanaians have been arrested in the past year trying to sneak into Ghana.

You can’t travel with an ID card by air. Or can you? Get a passport if you are serious about traveling to Ghana. I will strongly advise you not to attempt to enter or sneak into Ghana by the land borders. It is very risky to do that.

And to trave by air means your passport and covid-19 test 72 hours before departure. You also have to pay $50 for another covid test when you land in Ghana.

deluba:

Re: Can I Travel To Ghana Without Passport/visa by deluba(m): 9:56pm On Apr 25, 2021
PetroDolla2020:
You can only enter Ghana legal through the airport in Accra. Ghana’s land borders are closed due to covid.

The only authorized/legal way to enter Ghana now is to travel by air. You risk being arrested if you attempt to enter via the land borders. A lot of non-Ghanaians have been arrested in the past year trying to sneak into Ghana.

You can’t travel with an ID card by air. Or can you? Get a passport if you are serious about traveling to Ghana. I will strongly advise you not to attempt to enter or sneak into Ghana by the land borders. It is very risky to do that.

And to trave by air means your passport and covid-19 test 72 hours before departure. You also have to pay $50 for another covid test when you land in Ghana.

Thank for this insight.

God bless you

To get a passport within two months now is the problem, i learn there is no booklet in many immigration office
Re: Can I Travel To Ghana Without Passport/visa by bemagnify: 2:37am On Apr 26, 2021
deluba:

Thank for this insight.

God bless you

To get a passport within two months now is the problem, i learn there is no booklet in many immigration office

You will get it in less than 2 weeks in bayelsa...
Re: Can I Travel To Ghana Without Passport/visa by deluba(m): 8:26am On Apr 26, 2021
bemagnify:

You will get it in less than 2 weeks in bayelsa...

How Sure is this

It is through official or unofficial ( bribe) mean

Ogun, Ekiti, Osun and Ondo State immigration Office keep saying there is no Booklet and that if i do it now it may take up to 6month or more before i get it
Re: Can I Travel To Ghana Without Passport/visa by donklint86: 11:23am On Apr 26, 2021
deluba:

You can travel to Ghana via land borders. The only issue is that it's stressful but indeed adventurous. Stressful because there is no direct bus to Ghana unlike before. You must break the journey, from Lagos to Seme border, from Seme to Togo border, from Togo to Aflao border. Then take taxi to Accra, and you will settle immigration at SOGAKOPE with 50 Cedis which you will give to the driver to settle for you.

You can beat them though by telling the driver on time that you don't have 50 Cedis to settle. Once you get close to their station, you will come down, use bike to cross and rejoin you taxi in front.

With 40k, you should be in Accra. And remember to change naira to Cedis before you move. You can use naira in Benin and Togo, without hassles. And also remember to go with your passport for easy identification though there is every chance you won't be using at all. Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Can I Travel To Ghana Without Passport/visa by PetroDolla2020: 12:43pm On Apr 26, 2021
Do you know Ghana's land borders are closed? so you are promoting illegality and lawlessness?

donklint86:

You can travel to Ghana via land borders. The only issue is that it's stressful but indeed adventurous. Stressful because there is no direct bus to Ghana unlike before. You must break the journey, from Lagos to Seme border, from Seme to Togo border, from Togo to Aflao border. Then take taxi to Accra, and you will settle immigration at SOGAKOPE with 50 Cedis which you will give to the driver to settle for you.

You can beat them though by telling the driver on time that you don't have 50 Cedis to settle. Once you get close to their station, you will come down, use bike to cross and rejoin you taxi in front.

With 40k, you should be in Accra. And remember to change naira to Cedis before you move. You can use naira in Benin and Togo, without hassles. And also remember to go with your passport for easy identification though there is every chance you won't be using at all. Cheers!

(1) (Reply)

Current Price Lagos To Ghana By Road / South Africa Based Or Those Who Has Been There Before Only. / Why Is The Word AMBULANCE Spelt Backwards On Emergency Vehicles?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.